Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

My stepdad went to the store yesterday morning and finally got some toilet paper for our shop and some of the dog's regular food. When I went last week there was no toilet paper and just a few bags left of dog food. I always go at like 2 in the afternoon. He went at 8:30 in the morning. But he did say there was one lady leaving the store with a basket full of toilet paper. People were giving her dirty looks. They are limiting but I guess no one was around to stop her at that time. 

I spend most of my time alone so I don't have to worry about being around people other than my parents, except on the weekends. I go to a town a couple hours to see my boyfriend. He currently lives at a house his aunt owns and, sometimes people are there, sometimes he's alone. For the past couple of weeks there's been about 3 other people staying there. And they are always hanging out with a bunch of people, even now. I went last Friday and when I got there, there was several people at the house. Then the next night we went over to their friend's house and there was at least 10 people there. I'm like y'all need to stop that! Lol he said whatever. Now they haven't had any confirmed cases there. I live in a town where there's at least 6 I believe. But hopefully they're safe doing that since they're always in that town, they don't go anywhere else. But you've got me coming in every weekend and his uncle travels for work and is back and forth there. Maybe it'll give me an excuse not to hang out with people lol. Cause I don't really like it anyway. I'm very shy with social anxiety so it's always hard for me. There's just people around all the time! 

Anyway.. ha

• Love 1
9 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

My stepdad went to the store yesterday meorning and finally got some toilet paper for our shop and some of the dog's regular food. When I went last week there was no toilet paper and just a few bags left of dog food. I always go at like 2 in the afternoon. He went at 8:30 in the morning. But he did say there was one lady leaving the store with a basket full of toilet paper. People were giving her dirty looks. They are limiting but I guess no one was around to stop her at that time. 

I FINALLY found some "off brand" TP @ my local store this evening.  I have a friend that works overnights there in the Bakery and every time I complain about finding stuff she's like "Get your BUNS out of bed at 8am (they have senior time from 7-8am) and get over there!" LOL. (side note: I only bought TWO 6 roll packs and they were both for my Mom).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

The government also announced today that gatherings in houses of more than 2 non-cohabiting people are not allowed. Some dumbasses were still having groups of friends over. Going outside with more than 2 non-cohabiting people is also forbidden, except for kids.

In the US? Hadn't heard that.  I live alone and my Mom lives alone.  I've been spending a few hrs a day over at my Mom's since this started and also going to the grocery for her and me and the same time.  I had to move back in temporarily with her last year when I broke my arm and by the time I was well enough to be able to move back home lets just say that things btwn us weren't "pretty" (they've improved a LOT now).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
I can't spell tonight
  • Love 1

My boyfriend stopped by to give me some flowers after a bonkers day at work, and I was so happy to see him but also EWWWW cooties!!!

It's a weird way to feel about someone you've been dating for a year and a half, but we don't live together and he has joint custody of his kiddos, so here we are.  He also works from home and has minimal exposure though, so fingers crossed.  It's making a run through  my grandpop's fancy assisted living facility right now, so I'm just trying to be extra cautious for others even though I've been super good about staying home.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

In the US? Hadn't heard that.  I live alone and my Mom lives alone.  I've been spending a few hrs a day over at my Mom's since this started and also going to the grocery for her and me and the same time.  I had to move back in temporarily with her last year when I broke my arm and by the time I was well enough to be able to move back home lets just say that things btwn us weren't "pretty" (they've improved a LOT now).

Nah, I'm in Europe

• Useful 1

ugh hi everyone, long time no see!!

i hope everyone is staying safe during the outbreak and social distancing themselves. i just came back from the grocery store (Aldi's + my local asian market REALLY came in handy) and i just wanted to say that it is absolutely scary out right now, but i hope everyone is taking care of themselves!! ❤️

• Love 7

I hate to ask this ignorant question but -- can a person use Instagram on a computer?  I've never been interested before but now I learn Ina Gartin is using Instagram and doing cooking and recipes by it.  I really like her ideas.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I hate to ask this ignorant question but -- can a person use Instagram on a computer?  I've never been interested before but now I learn Ina Gartin is using Instagram and doing cooking and recipes by it.  I really like her ideas.

I use it on my computer and phone.  On my computer, I go to Instagram.com - haven’t downloaded the app.  I have found so many recipes on there, including Ina’s:)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Doesn't take much to excite me!

I can happily sit on my computer and research for hours, and IG is full of recipes, health advice, crafts, decorating tips etc.  Once I learned how the hashtags help with finding recipes, I was doomed:)  And yes, excited!!!

• Love 2

Just saw on Twitter where Sam Finglass is graduating from college in May.   Anyone know what she wound up majoring in? 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:56 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I hate to admit this (because I used to despise instagram) but it's actually easier to use the IG app on iPhone or Android (for me)

• Love 1

Looking @ the Cowboys Draft Picks for this year and I think I've figured out what position everyone plays except Tyler Biadasz.  What does "C" mean?

Dallas Cowboys 2020 draft picks tracker

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE

117  WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma  B+

251  CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama  B+

382  DL Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma  A

4123  CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa  C+

4146*  C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin  A

5179^  DE Bradlee Anae, Utah  A

7231  QB Ben DiNucci, James Madison   C-

3 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Looking @ the Cowboys Draft Picks for this year and I think I've figured out what position everyone plays except Tyler Biadasz.  What does "C" mean?

Dallas Cowboys 2020 draft picks tracker

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE

117  WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma  B+

251  CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama  B+

382  DL Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma  A

4123  CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa  C+

4146*  C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin  A

5179^  DE Bradlee Anae, Utah  A

7231  QB Ben DiNucci, James Madison   C-

Center (please correct me if I'm wrong)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The Miami Dolphins are also doing virtual auditions: 

that's a dynamic poster, and it looks great, but what the ever loving heavens is up with those (boots?  dance shoes?  spats?) things that poor girl has got on her feet 😳

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, raindancer said:

that's a dynamic poster, and it looks great, but what the ever loving heavens is up with those (boots?  dance shoes?  spats?) things that poor girl has got on her feet 😳

If you watch the video they did abt their new uniform closet apprently the new shoes are comfortable 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

If you watch the video they did abt their new uniform closet apprently the new shoes are comfortable 

comfortable is pretty critical, and I'm all about that, but it is still one hideous looking shoe

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, raindancer said:

comfortable is pretty critical, and I'm all about that, but it is still one hideous looking shoe

They look really good when they are dancing on the field.  How do you like the tall boot?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

They look really good when they are dancing on the field.  How do you like the tall boot?  

okay now I can see that Miami hasn't somehow lost its collective mind - they definitely look much better on the field.  I'm still not sold on the short ones, but they absolutely look a million times better in action.  I'm thinking maybe it's just the pants combo that isn't doing it for me (even though their featured cheerleader looks wonderful aside from that).

• Love 2
17 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I actually like both pairs...the short pair is my pick of the two though.  I have solid black boots that are very similar the tall boots and I'm sorry...I can't imagine them being that "comfortable" 😉

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I actually like both pairs...the short pair is my pick of the two though.  I have solid black boots that are very similar the tall boots and I'm sorry...I can't imagine them being that "comfortable" 😉

Apparently they are nicely cushioned on the inside & the heel gives them nice arch support.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Apparently they are nicely cushioned on the inside & the heel gives them nice arch support.

My boots don't have that 😉  but then again...they aren't dance boots...so that may be why 😛

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

My boots don't have that 😉  but then again...they aren't dance boots...so that may be why 😛

Frye will make your feet happy, even if they make your wallet weep.  I made the mistake of wearing what I thought were very comfortable heels on my first day volunteering after my move to Chicago, and I have been a boots convert ever since.  Still working on my high kicks though.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I took Jenn’s prep class tonight for fun (yes, no video on my side, I’m just doing it for fitness and no one needs to watch me die by power pom). My Apple Watch says I burned 500 calories. We even did semis kickline. Holy cow....y’all. SO. HARD. BUT! It was so fun! She gave the dancers really great audition advice and helpful critiques. Like I said, I almost died in this class but she said her in person classes are harder. I used to dance for 20 years and I am totally totally blown away by the stamina to be a pro dancer. Holy cow. 

For those of you who are stir crazy, wanna do a little dance and pretend to be pro, definitely try a class! I’m going to have a glass of wine now. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

So I took Jenn’s prep class tonight for fun (yes, no video on my side, I’m just doing it for fitness and no one needs to watch me die by power pom). My Apple Watch says I burned 500 calories. We even did semis kickline. Holy cow....y’all. SO. HARD. BUT! It was so fun! She gave the dancers really great audition advice and helpful critiques. Like I said, I almost died in this class but she said her in person classes are harder. I used to dance for 20 years and I am totally totally blown away by the stamina to be a pro dancer. Holy cow. 

For those of you who are stir crazy, wanna do a little dance and pretend to be pro, definitely try a class! I’m going to have a glass of wine now. 

Oooh so cool! Always wanted to try one but due to the time difference I would be doing kickline at 02.30 in the morning 😂

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Oooh so cool! Always wanted to try one but due to the time difference I would be doing kickline at 02.30 in the morning 😂

I’m in NY so I felt that pain as well. She sent us all a recording of the Zoom meeting so we had the dance routine so I’ll just save it for workout purposes and attempting the kickline. Did you know they have to do the tryout kickline twice for right and left split within like mere eight counts?! I was like *any gif of anyone crying*. Imagine doing that after the tryout dance which you do like 3-4 times through. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I’m in NY so I felt that pain as well. She sent us all a recording of the Zoom meeting so we had the dance routine so I’ll just save it for workout purposes and attempting the kickline. Did you know they have to do the tryout kickline twice for right and left split within like mere eight counts?! I was like *any gif of anyone crying*. Imagine doing that after the tryout dance which you do like 3-4 times through. 

Dance is such a weird type of stamina. In my prime, I could dance for 3-4 hours straight. Even now, I could be good for an hour or so. Yet I can’t run to save my life! Sprinting more than 100m or doing cross country, I’d keel over! 

• Love 4

She also mentioned that she has witnessed discussions at finals where there are finalists up for debate. The PTB let someone into TC believing those dancers who were weak in facials, entertainment factor, etc. could improve over time but that they actually get cut! I wonder if that explains some veteran cuts we didn’t understand from the past? Anyways..She emphasized to the auditioning dancers to make it pretty, really use hairography lol, and really project and be fun to watch. She had a good group of people for this, it was fun and educational for sure. 

If I auditioned, my kicks are pretty but my once fab battements have miserably dropped waist high at best at this age of 39 hahaha —-forget the dance (Awkward town!) 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I’m going to have a glass of wine now. 

Yeah, it would take a few of those for me to even think of doing a kickline 😂

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

How is everyone doing during during this quarantine time ? 

Just fine, thanks!  Except for the working from home thing, my life hasn't significantly changed...actually I've found that I really like WFH, I hope once this is over I could keep doing it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Just fine, thanks!  Except for the working from home thing, my life hasn't significantly changed...actually I've found that I really like WFH, I hope once this is over I could keep doing it.

See I'm hating working from home, I don't know if it's because I live by myself in a 1 bed flat. I need human interaction, and to separate my work from home!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nelliephant said:

See I'm hating working from home, I don't know if it's because I live by myself in a 1 bed flat. I need human interaction, and to separate my work from home!

I live alone too, but I'm fine not dealing with people...and not dealing with traffic!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 2:44 PM, Holly85 said:

Some days are easier than others. I’m working about 60 hours a week in what used to be a pretty decent work/life balance job, so that’s frustrating. Especially since we got a pay cut. 

I was starting to look at jobs back in Dallas pre-COVID, but with both JCP and Neiman’s declaring chapter 11 AND all the corporate furloughs, not looking great. Boo and bah humbug. Also broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago so everything just feels extra womp womp. I know I’m still more fortunate than many, but harder to remember that on tough days! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Some days are easier than others. I’m working about 60 hours a week in what used to be a pretty decent work/life balance job, so that’s frustrating. Especially since we got a pay cut. 

I was starting to look at jobs back in Dallas pre-COVID, but with both JCP and Neiman’s declaring chapter 12 AND all the corporate furloughs, not looking great. Boo and bah humbug. Also broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago so everything just feels extra womp womp. I know I’m still more fortunate than many, but harder to remember that on tough days! 

Im so sorry to hear abt your job search not going well and your break up 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Good, the introvert side if me is just happy to not have too many social plans. Working from home has been fine, though starting a new job was strange as you don't really meet anyone. We're fortunate to both have jobs, a tiny (but nice) appartment with a balcony so we can go outside, and plenty of contact with friends and family. Just very worried about my parents getting sick.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, Holly85 said:

I'm a nurse so other than wearing a mask 40 plus hours a week and social distancing from my 70 plus year old parents...life has gone on as normal for me.   I have enjoyed the decreased traffic and having very few visitors in the hospital over the past six weeks.  Things are starting to pick back up now.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Okay all you Texans.  How in the heck do you deal with this?  My brother found this yesterday in his front yard in Austin.  Oh hell to the NO.

TX coral snake_John V2.jpg

Depends if it’s venomous or not if it’s not we just relocate it if it’s venomous it gets shot 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Depends if it’s venomous or not if it’s not we just relocate it if it’s venomous it gets shot 

Seriously.  If I found this in my front yard, I'd be in the next state by now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1