Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

I am watching Project Runway this season and reading the Primetimer board on the show, and there is a contestant named Victoria on the show who is Not Well Liked by many many viewers, to the point where sometimes I have to check to see if I'm reading the Project Runway Board or the DCC:MTT board. 😁

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, BullInChina said:

The worst part is that I have a cat named Victoria whom I love very much. 🙂

Not only that, but there is the part of Victoria, the White Cat, in the musical CATS who is one of my favorites from that show (and the show itself is in my top three along with Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables).  Still, any performer in that production is not only a great singer, but a great dancer so we know who WON'T be performing in any of those productions unless it's so off-Broadway, it's practically in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by EricaShadows
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

and the show itself is in my top three along with Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables).

I saw Phantom practically kicking and screaming, I thought it seemed SOOO dumb & pretentious.  I loved it so much I saw it a couple more times 🙂 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I saw Phantom practically kicking and screaming, I thought it seemed SOOO dumb & pretentious.  I loved it so much I saw it a couple more times 🙂 

I was SO lucky that the first (and so far only) time I got to see Phantom, I was in the first few rows, practically dead center so when the chandelier moves, it went straight over my head.  I want to see the show again SO badly, but, alas, not any time soon unless finances change.

I had to drop one of our doggies off for surgery this morning to have a HUGE lipoma removed from under her front leg, and I have therefore been unable to do one productive thing until I just got the call that she was awake and fine.  She is a Jack Russell terrier.  Will be glad to show ya'll a photo if it wouldn't be too much.  It really isn't that bad.  Just a big hunk of pink fat.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I had to drop one of our doggies off for surgery this morning to have a HUGE lipoma removed from under her front leg, and I have therefore been unable to do one productive thing until I just got the call that she was awake and fine.  She is a Jack Russell terrier.  Will be glad to show ya'll a photo if it wouldn't be too much.  It really isn't that bad.  Just a big hunk of pink fat.

I have a friend of mine who just had that done with her dog....they're hoping it's gone for good 🙂  Glad it went ok!

3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

It looks like he got it all.   Poor dog was carrying at least a B cup under one side of her chest.

Bless her heart 🙂 that had to be uncomfortable!  Those things just pop up out of nowhere.

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know what you mean about not being productive, When my dog got spayed I pretty much cried until the vet called to say she woke up from anesthesia.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I know what you mean about not being productive, When my dog got spayed I pretty much cried until the vet called to say she woke up from anesthesia.

My pup Annabelle had a fairly large tumor removed recently.  Our vet really wanted to send her to a different clinic in another town but we talked him into doing the procedure.  I was a basket case until they called and said she was out of surgery and in recovery.  She had to spend the night at the clinic.  First time we'd been separated that she didn't go stay with "Grandma" since her adoption.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

New computer, so debating - Microsoft Edge or Chrome browser.  Suggestions?  Pros and Cons?

Chrome.  Edge is a pain in the ass.

Edge is NOT very user friendly.  Chrome is great for remembering a LOT of bookmarks.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you:)

What kind of PC did you get? I have a HP (unsure of model)

To find the information for your PC that I've attached about mine, right click "this PC" on your desktop and choose "properties"

Untitled.png

Danny Tidwell (adopted brother of Travis Wall) passed away yesterday.  At least one rumor I'd heard was that it was due to complications from a car crash, but other reports either contradict that or don't say anything about the cause of death.  Travis was on Season 2 of "So You Think You Can Dance" and Danny was on Season 3.  Each came in second on their respective seasons.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Danny Tidwell (adopted brother of Travis Wall) passed away yesterday.  At least one rumor I'd heard was that it was due to complications from a car crash, but other reports either contradict that or don't say anything about the cause of death.  Travis was on Season 2 of "So You Think You Can Dance" and Danny was on Season 3.  Each came in second on their respective seasons.

This makes me so sad. He was so talented.. and should’ve won his season in my opinion (same with Travis). Too many performances to pick from, but this one will always make me smile. Rest In Peace, Danny.

https://youtu.be/zV0LzezxtOs

11 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Aaaaand we're on lockdown. Any advice on TV shows to watch?

Tired of Pluto??? 🤣

I got myself all caught up on Better Call Saul, so I have nothing left.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Tired of Pluto??? 🤣

I got myself all caught up on Better Call Saul, so I have nothing left.

I'm in the Netherlands so have no access to Pluto. I usually spend quite some time in the US so binge whenever I can :D

I just re-started Doctor Who, that'll last me a few days...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Lockdown??

Yes, government mandates work from home, no school, no sportsclass and only go out if needed. All events cancelled, and we're advised not to socialize. I have lung disease so have to be cautious 🤷‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

What do you like to watch?

oooh broad interests! Cooking shows, reality TV, documentaries, rom-coms but also SciFi. Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls... Football. I'll watch most 

4 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Yes, government mandates work from home, no school, no sportsclass and only go out if needed. All events cancelled, and we're advised not to socialize. I have lung disease so have to be cautious 🤷‍♀️ 

oooh broad interests! Cooking shows, reality TV, documentaries, rom-coms but also SciFi. Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls... Football. I'll watch most 

Maybe Melissa R's Bachelor season if you get Netflix -if that's what you like in reality shows:)  And they have a load of cooking shows, as does Hulu.  Gilmore Girls is always a winner.  Midsomer Murders, Death in Paradise and Father Brown are fun to binge, as are any other English detective shows.  I gave up cable a few years ago, so I am trying to think of a binge-able show other than NCIS:)  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe Melissa R's Bachelor season if you get Netflix -if that's what you like in reality shows:)  And they have a load of cooking shows, as does Hulu.  Gilmore Girls is always a winner.  Midsomer Murders, Death in Paradise and Father Brown are fun to binge, as are any other English detective shows.  I gave up cable a few years ago, so I am trying to think of a binge-able show other than NCIS:)  

Ooh thanks! Don't have Hulu here and no Bachelor on our Netflix but all the others sound great. Just added them to my watch list 🤗

Edited by Tulip86
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Hart of Dixie was really good. I was addicted and binged that last Fall on Netflix. And Gossip Girl was the best😊

• Love 1

Is Friday Night Lights (the series) available for you, @Tulip86 ?  It’s probably my favorite show of all time, and since you don’t seem to mind some aspects of American football...

Truly tho, lovely stories and great plotlines. Nice eye candy too!

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Is Friday Night Lights (the series) available for you, @Tulip86 ?  It’s probably my favorite show of all time, and since you don’t seem to mind some aspects of American football...

Truly tho, lovely stories and great plotlines. Nice eye candy too!

I'll go look for it, thanks 🙂

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I just read somewhere Dallas is now on Amazon.  Some of you may not be old enough to remember.  J.R. was the best villain ever.

NO WAY!!!!  That's so exciting!!

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Did anyone here apply for the job as Kelli’s assistant?  I wonder if they’re still taking applications bc they haven’t announced anything yet and someone said hundreds of people applied. I’d love that job! 

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one person here has (and probably more than one), but they might not have heard anything yet.  If the Cowboys are anything like some of the larger organizations I've worked for, they'll take quite a while to evaluate the applications, let the people they want know they've made it to the next round and the rest will be ghosted, never to hear a word.  Still, I'm curious if anyone does make it through interviews and actually gets the job and will actually admit it on here.  That would be freaking amazing to have someone on the inside to tell us what is REALLY going on.

Speaking of the coronavirus situation, the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders have cancelled all of their prep classes and have postponed auditions until further notice. Auditions were supposed to be next week with finals on 3/22.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bjo1969 said:

Speaking of the coronavirus situation, the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders have cancelled all of their prep classes and have postponed auditions until further notice. Auditions were supposed to be next week with finals on 3/22.

The patriots postponed there final auditions for the same day!!! 

3 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The patriots postponed there final auditions for the same day!!! 

Looks like DCC haven't changed audition dates.  Were the other ones that have been postponed before that magical "April 5th" or whatever date?  What exactly is the deal with that date in April as it relates to COVID-19?

18 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Did anyone here apply for the job as Kelli’s assistant?  I wonder if they’re still taking applications bc they haven’t announced anything yet and someone said hundreds of people applied. I’d love that job! 

Where was the job posted? This is the first I've heard of it.  Would this be a job like that Miko person (or whatever her name was that ratted out Meghan Flaherty for being "rude") did/does?

40 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Looks like DCC haven't changed audition dates.  Were the other ones that have been postponed before that magical "April 5th" or whatever date?  What exactly is the deal with that date in April as it relates to COVID-19?

Where was the job posted? This is the first I've heard of it.  Would this be a job like that Miko person (or whatever her name was that ratted out Meghan Flaherty for being "rude") did/does?

I’m assuming they are hoping things will calm down in April 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m assuming they are hoping things will calm down in April 

There was a date in April that's been floating around the media.  Can't remember what the date is or why it's important.  Hmmm....

That date might just be something relating to local stuff where I live and I thought it was a national date or something.  Who knows. 

TOTALLY random but has anyone else tried the new Kellogg's Pretzel poptarts?? https://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/products/pop-tarts-pretzel-cinnamon-sugar.html

MMMM!!!!!

On 3/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

It was on Glassdoor, Indeed etc. but I first saw it here & someone onFB fan page said they applied, but I can’t find it now.  I think they started taking resumes around Thanksgiving. It was Cheryls job, but more of executive assistant from job description on ad. 

• Useful 1

Does anyone know why when I look at my notifications at the top of the pages and it says 1 (one) then I look down the page and there's "several" more topics that are bolded/highlighted that have new replies?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
atrocious spelling
On 3/13/2020 at 3:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I do not need to get hooked on The Bachelor, but Melissa may have been my gateway drug.  Just loved her the whole damn time.  

And Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise are amazing.....I keep hoping iTunes is going to come out with more episodes of the latest season for MM, but I haven't seen anything yet.  Wish I could find the latest Forensic Files episodes on iTunes, but they're not available where I can watch them yet.

1 minute ago, raindancer said:

I do not need to get hooked on The Bachelor, but Melissa may have been my gateway drug.  Just loved her the whole damn time.  

And Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise are amazing.....I keep hoping iTunes is going to come out with more episodes of the latest season for MM, but I haven't seen anything yet.  Wish I could find the latest Forensic Files episodes on iTunes, but they're not available where I can watch them yet.

Acorn has a 30 day free trial and they have season 21 of MM.

• Love 1

If "creepy" is to anyone's liking, I enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix.  Ghost stuff usually scares the crap out of me, but somehow it didn't here, I was loving the family drama.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

If "creepy" is to anyone's liking, I enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix.  Ghost stuff usually scares the crap out of me, but somehow it didn't here, I was loving the family drama.

Or if anyone likes horror, there is a streaming channel called Shudder which is offering a 30 day trial.  

I don't know about yall but I'm ready for this "social distancing" to be done.  My favorite ice cream store is going to only selling pints and quarts and not their usual sizes, MOST of the local restaurants that have been allowed to remain open are CLOSING by 8-9pm (I tried to find a rootbeer float tonight and had to go to 2 places), grocery stores are either severely understocked or just plain trashed by the time I get there (a lot of them are implementing early morning hours for "seniors" which I totally understand but still...I can't find anything when I go around 3-4pm or later).  With the local hospital basically on lockdown I've had to give up my weekly volunteering which I really miss.  And on top of all that I got a "rejection" email from a job I applied for over TWO MONTHS ago :-(.

Sorry, had to vent.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't know about yall but I'm ready for this "social distancing" to be done.  My favorite ice cream store is going to only selling pints and quarts and not their usual sizes, MOST of the local restaurants that have been allowed to remain open are CLOSING by 8-9pm (I tried to find a rootbeer float tonight and had to go to 2 places), grocery stores are either severely understocked or just plain trashed by the time I get there (a lot of them are implementing early morning hours for "seniors" which I totally understand but still...I can't find anything when I go around 3-4pm or later).  With the local hospital basically on lockdown I've had to give up my weekly volunteering which I really miss.  And on top of all that I got a "rejection" email from a job I applied for over TWO MONTHS ago :-(.

Sorry, had to vent.

Aww too bad about the job, that sucks. I've been applying as well and they do take their sweet time...

Here everything has been closed for over a week, only a few stores are open and restaurants are only allowed to do delivery. Only a few at a time can enter the store and you can't take the whole family, just 1 person per family can go in. Where I live all stores are well stocked and the food hoarding subsided. If you meet up with 3 or more people you can be fined heavily. Heavy measures, but needed! I'm truly lucky that I have a roof over my head and don't rely on foodbanks or stamps. And that me and my guy get along great as our house is tiny. I shudder to think what it's like to be stuck with your abuser or someone you no longer like. 

Really miss my friends and family but we meet up on the Houseparty app so we can see each other's faces.

Stay healthy everyone!

Edited by Tulip86
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Midsomer Murders and Father Brown are awesome!! I love them 🙂  I also love the Great British Bake Off. 

All of our restaurants that elect to stay open are relegated to curb side/delivery/pick up only. No inside dining at all.  My daughter and I have a small local bakery that we visit every weekend and they had to close to walk in orders...however...they have opened up the two windows in their dining area and now have a "walk up" window service to go along with their curb side/delivery.  🙂  The hospital I work for has instituted a NO VISITOR policy for the time being.  The only visitors allowed are 1 parent for a child under 18, including NICU babies; end of life patients, laboring moms can have 1 support person, and a patient who requires a 24/7 sitter.  I'm a hospital nurse so I'm all for every single restriction that has been enacted....in fact I could say they could be even more stringent (but my state has a great governor who is working very hard for us...he's so awesome that other states would love to have him...GO ANDY B!)  but it is so disheartening when I see all of these people not even trying.  I do my groceries via pickup when possible...and if I can't do pick up, I limit my visits to one every 3-4 days.  Other than that, I go to work (which right now, given how empty the hospital is since no visitors and their germs, is the safest place to be until we get our expected surge of COVID patients) and I go home, unless my 70 plus year old parents need something and I take it to them.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Where I live all stores are well stocked and the food hoarding subsided. If you meet up with 3 or more people you can be fined heavily. Heavy measures, but needed!e

WOW....people are still totally destroying the shelves @ Kroger (Where I go).  We have 2 of them here but the 2nd one is a little further than I really wanna drive unless I have to.  We also have Walmart and Target as well as some smaller, lesser known grocery stores.  I've only tried the Kroger closest to me and one called Price Less (which was severely understocked).  Something I'm watching right now that's helping me feel better. Country singer Linda Davis with her daughter Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott, husband Lang Scott and youngest daughter Rylee Jean on Facebook Live

13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

WOW....people are still totally destroying the shelves @ Kroger (Where I go).  We have 2 of them here but the 2nd one is a little further than I really wanna drive unless I have to.  We also have Walmart and Target as well as some smaller, lesser known grocery stores.  I've only tried the Kroger closest to me and one called Price Less (which was severely understocked).  Something I'm watching right now that's helping me feel better. Country singer Linda Davis with her daughter Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott, husband Lang Scott and youngest daughter Rylee Jean on Facebook Live

It's highly organized. Every supermarket only has the amount of shopping carts available for the number of people that can safely shop and keep their distance. You wait until a cart is available, they desinfect it for you and then you have 30 minutes to shop. Alone. With 1 cart, so hoarding is pretty much impossible. This also allows them room to restock. 

The government also announced today that gatherings in houses of more than 2 non-cohabiting people are not allowed. Some dumbasses were still having groups of friends over. Going outside with more than 2 non-cohabiting people is also forbidden, except for kids.

I'm entertaining myself with Netflix, Prime, Disney+ etc and with blogging. And trying some of the (ex) DCC Instagram dance tutorials 😄

• Love 3