Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, go4luca said:

Honestly, if things don't change in the near future, I'm considering dropping Netflix.  Not enough to hold my interest with their latest rate increase.

I agree...I watch more stuff on Hulu now than I do on Netflix. 

1 hour ago, raindancer said:

They took Midsomer Murders away and I'm still not over it

I'm still mad they took off "Everybody Loves Raymond!"  It was the only thing that helped me fall asleep.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm still mad they took off "Everybody Loves Raymond!"  It was the only thing that helped me fall asleep.

I've never seen it!  I'm curious about some of their choices though - there are a lot of limitations to what they have available, even though I'm happy with a lot of what they do have.  I'd love to see World of Dance on there - I saw some episodes when I still bothered with Direct TV and really enjoyed them, but I couldn't justify how expensive it was in light of how few other shows I watched.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I am liking it.  Did you notice DCC was mentioned in the first episode?

Yes! They mention it a couple of times I think. stark contrast - two different sports really

• Love 2
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't click on "sponsored" ads but wonder if any of ya'll have checked this site out.

I don't usually click those ads either, but out of curiosity, I hunted up the site you found - seems pretty innocuous, but didn't see much that seemed that interesting either.  The sign in the picture actually had its own Reddit thread a while back though:  

it mentioned its being a repost, so I'm not sure how old the sign actually was though, or if it's legit - interesting to think about though for sure 😳

On 1/4/2020 at 10:45 AM, parrotfeathers said:

New show on Netflix next week--Cheer--small Texas town school and cheering is the focus of the show.

Just binged it — and loved it. It’s a 6-part documentary series about a championship junior college team. Very well done, and a couple times had me in tears.

• Love 2
On 1/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I am liking it.  Did you notice DCC was mentioned in the first episode?

I am watching the first episode now. I am slightly offended that she said the DCC were just dancers and what they do is harder. They are two different styles and both are hard. I think Cassie could probably settle this comparison 😂

One thing - I swear the one guy they are interviewing is the male cheer coach from the DCC Making the Team episode where they did the half time show with the male cheerleaders and the girls were in those pink polka dot outfits (the one where they did stunts with Cassie, Jackie Bob and some others). Did anyone else notice him? 

Edited by MelissaB326
Edit
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

One thing - I swear the one guy they are interviewing is the male cheer coach from the DCC Making the Team episode where they did the half time show with the male cheerleaders and the girls were in those pink polka dot outfits (the one where they did stunts with Cassie, Jackie Bob and some others). Did anyone else notice him? 

YES! I thought the same thing but I didn’t catch the name.

7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

https://mymodernmet.com/omar-robles-ozrdance/?fbclid=IwAR3cTuJSyxQXVAUATUD4Fn3icBubS2JG6F744VusLRfwysmk1ypTglUyUb4

Breathtaking Portraits Capture Ballet’s Finest Dancing on the Streets of New York

I came across this link and thought the photographs were amazing.

Thank you for posting that link!  Those photographs are amazing...the ones in the rain are my faves 🙂  I'm always in awe of the control and flexibility that these dancers have!

Edited by mizzhyer

Like lots of other people I've watched cheer, and I just wanted a little vent here, so don't mind me!

I looked up whether they won before finishing the program, and I found the results. They make it seem on the show (I haven't finished so maybe not the whole time) that winning best junior college is a big deal. But there are only 2 teams that ever enter, them and the one down the road. There is no denying that the cheerleaders are talented, but I don't like shows that build things up to things they're not.

• Love 1

This is the team (Manly Sea Birds) that Angela Rena used to cheer for before she was a DCC. They gave out Barbies at their end of year banquet. The dolls must have been made for the team like the DCC. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I read it disbanded last year.

Yes, it's now a dance crew, similar to what the Mavs are doing in Dallas I believe. The NRL, the league in which they play in, aren't really a fan of cheerleaders so several teams don't have them anymore, only a handful.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

This is the team (Manly Sea Birds) that Angela Rena used to cheer for before she was a DCC. They gave out Barbies at their end of year banquet. The dolls must have been made for the team like the DCC. 

Looking at the dolls, I don't think they are special ones, just normal dolls that were bought then someone made the outfits for them. They're really cute, but the outfits look very DIY.

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Apparently the DCC Barbie sold out when it was issued back in 2007.  I always had the impression it didn't do very well and Kelli had a warehouse full of Barbies🤣

• LOL 1
34 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Apparently the DCC Barbie sold out when it was issued back in 2007.  I always had the impression it didn't do very well and Kelli had a warehouse full of Barbies🤣

I remember when the DCC Barbie debuted at the 2007 squad picture reveal in season 2.

Edited by MrsEVH
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember when the DCC Barbie debuted at the 2007 squad picture reveal in season 2..

A few months ago, Melissa R showed off a Barbie that Kelli had given her and she said it was like a unicorn - heard of it, never saw it.  Hello, you were sitting on the field when the designer debuted it!!!  

• Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 9:26 PM, Agent Gully said:

https://mymodernmet.com/omar-robles-ozrdance/?fbclid=IwAR3cTuJSyxQXVAUATUD4Fn3icBubS2JG6F744VusLRfwysmk1ypTglUyUb4

Breathtaking Portraits Capture Ballet’s Finest Dancing on the Streets of New York

I came across this link and thought the photographs were amazing.

Wow, these are gorgeous! I just followed his Instagram, so I can see some of the dancers he photographed. I love to see dancers outside (of their natural environment) and I think the ones without shoes are especially brave!

• Love 1

It was mentioned in passing in the "Current Squad" thread, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.  News stories state that Kobe Bryant and 4 others were killed in a helicopter crash.  One of the other 4 passengers was rumored to be his daughter, Gianna.  Prayers go out to the families of all involved.

2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It was mentioned in passing in the "Current Squad" thread, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.  News stories state that Kobe Bryant and 4 others were killed in a helicopter crash.  One of the other 4 passengers was rumored to be his daughter, Gianna.  Prayers go out to the families of all involved.

Someone just posted that on IG - he was 41 and Gianna was 13.  So sad:(

11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone just posted that on IG - he was 41 and Gianna was 13.  So sad:(

It's incredibly sad.  Life is indeed so precious and can be gone in a heartbeat.  The crash occurred about 40 minutes North of me. 😥

17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

News stories state that Kobe Bryant and 4 others were killed in a helicopter crash.  One of the other 4 passengers was rumored to be his daughter, Gianna.  Prayers go out to the families of all involved.

It was actually 9 passengers in total.  They haven't yet released all the names until all family is notified.  So sad.

Has anyone gotten a "big" update to Windows 10 in the last 24-36 hours? I'd been noticing my PC and browser were running really slowwwwwwwww for a couple days (at least) and last night  (as I was getting ready to go to bed grrrrr) I got a "Feature Update" notification from Windows 10.  Took around 2 hrs to install and work out the "kinks".  PC and Chrome seem to be running faster now.  Anyone know anything about this?

10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has anyone gotten a "big" update to Windows 10 in the last 24-36 hours? I'd been noticing my PC and browser were running really slowwwwwwwww for a couple days (at least) and last night  (as I was getting ready to go to bed grrrrr) I got a "Feature Update" notification from Windows 10.  Took around 2 hrs to install and work out the "kinks".  PC and Chrome seem to be running faster now.  Anyone know anything about this?

I recently updated, which did take for damn ever to install! I've been away for several days, we'll see if it gets bigger, better, faster!

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I recently updated, which did take for damn ever to install! I've been away for several days, we'll see if it gets bigger, better, faster!

I just looked up the update contents of the one I got last night.  Absolutely NOTHING I find NECESSARY to the operation of this PC whatsoever!!!!! 

Here's another link with info on it.  Again....NOTHING I can't live without!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
formatting

I live in Kansas City now and have been a Chiefs fan since I was a teenager...it's been such a fun season for us!  During the rally today, the Chiefs Cheerleaders performed to Thunderstruck.  And bless their hearts...they need to pick a different song.  Also I definitely did the DCC dance like I was at a wedding.  LOL.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone know when the 2020-21 Football Schedule will be released? Daydreaming about booking a trip to a home game and staying @ The Star.

I know who they are playing this season actual dates will be released in april I can tell yuh going to a Preseason game is a lot cheaper then regular season especially if you want to sit close 

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I know who they are playing this season actual dates will be released in april I can tell yuh going to a Preseason game is a lot cheaper then regular season especially if you want to sit close 

Yeah I think I found that list too,  Like I said, daydreaming.  Couldn't afford it if I wanted to even though the round trip flight would be $11.20 (rewards points with Southwest).  Was daydreaming about going to a game and staying @ the hotel @ The Star (ha!!!).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
  • Love 1