Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can anybody make heads or tails out of the NFL standings? Are the Cowboys 2-2?

The Cowboys play their first regular season game today...it’s Sunday Funday! They play the Giants at 3:25 CST. 

So far it’s just been preseason, which is really just a chance for coaches to scrimmage the new kids, check chemistry and finalize the 53 man roster. Some teams barely play their starters in these games, so it’s not really a gauge on how good any given team will be that season.  Hope that helps!! 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

@Agent Gully, it's alarming how bad sugar is...the documentary Fat Head was a real eye opener.

How right you are. Hubby has diabetes type 2 so that has helped me be much more aware of how much sugar is in our foods. Avoiding processed foods has helped him, but sadly he has a sweet tooth and is pretty picky with what fruits and veggies he likes. I'm one of those weirdos who actually prefers a fresh salad to ice cream!

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Cozi TV is running "E!" reruns right now @ 1pm ET on weekdays and 8-10pm ET Sunday night if you're interested.  I would LOVE to find a forum to discuss Johnny,  Roy and the whole gang.  Trivia:  Can anyone name the entire cast (actor/character without cheating)?

Lol...I'll check it out!! And no...I'd have to go look the cast list up beyond Kevin Tighe, Randolph Mantooth, Julie London (I loved Dixie!), and Mike Stoker.  

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, DKay said:

Just not digging all of the ankle go-go boots so many of the squads are wearing this season....Titans, Colts, Dolpfins, ....

IMO, when you first glance at the Colts uniforms with the boots - looks like a little girls party dress with white socks and white shoes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, DKay said:

Just not digging all of the ankle go-go boots so many of the squads are wearing this season....Titans, Colts, Dolpfins, ....

I am almost offended...offended, I tell you...by the Dolphins boots!  Someone commented on MDC Instagram that they look like bowling shoes...I don't disagree.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

IMO, when you first glance at the Colts uniforms with the boots - looks like a little girls party dress with white socks and white shoes.

It's awful....when I saw it, I thought "this has to be a joke" but it's not 😞

12 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I love their new uniform combos. I love this first picture. I don’t love their shoes. How can they dance in those heels for hours? 

Like the new uniforms...the shoes are better than what some of the others are wearing...but I couldn't dance in them....I absolutely love this picture...their leaps are incredible (IMO)! 

• Love 3

Those might be the weirdest shoes I've ever seen...and I used to work in the Designer Shoes buying office at Neiman Marcus.  I've seen A LOT of weird shoes.

Edited by kalibean
I worked, not wok. I'm a terrible chef.
  • LOL 5
12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Those might be the weirdest shoes I've ever seen...and I used to wok in the Designer Shoes buying office at Neiman Marcus.  I've seen A LOT of weird shoes.

I imagine you have.  I've seen a lots of truly weird Dior there.

• LOL 2
On 9/12/2019 at 9:37 AM, kalibean said:

Those might be the weirdest shoes I've ever seen...and I used to work in the Designer Shoes buying office at Neiman Marcus.  I've seen A LOT of weird shoes.

what, you mean like these....?

have to confess, I cannot understand a fashion statement that puts one in mind of goats.  Or camels 😳

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.10.29 PM.png

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, raindancer said:

what, you mean like these....?

have to confess, I cannot understand a fashion statement that puts one in mind of goats.  Or camels 😳

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.10.29 PM.png

gives new meaning to the word camel toe 😉 😛 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The Dolphins boots look like white socks with turquoise shoes. Isn't there an NBA team that wears high heeled sneakers? I think it's CA team ( not Laker girls, Warrior girls) just can't think of the name. They had a short lived reality tv show 2 or 3 years ago.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

The Dolphins boots look like white socks with turquoise shoes. Isn't there an NBA team that wears high heeled sneakers? I think it's CA team ( not Laker girls, Warrior girls) just can't think of the name. They had a short lived reality tv show 2 or 3 years ago.

Clippers? Pretty sure they had a show on Lifetime, we got it in the UK. It was pretty naff.

I'm wondering how Victoria would do in something like this: 

I don't think she could have pulled it off nearly so effortlessly nor made it as fun and flirty as they did.  Frankly, I think she likely would have struggled with it.  Still would like to have seen her shoved out of her comfort zone in so many different directions.  I think she would have grown immensely as a dancer, but she didn't even get past the first round of auditions and the dance performed was in the type she preferred.  Guess she didn't stand out (or stood out for the wrong reasons).

Edited by EricaShadows
47 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm wondering how Victoria would do in something like this: 

I don't think she could have pulled it off nearly so effortlessly nor made it as fun and flirty as they did.  Frankly, I think she likely would have struggled with it.  Still would like to have seen her shoved out of her comfort zone in so many different directions.  I think she would have grown immensely as a dancer, but she didn't even get past the first round of auditions and the dance performed was in the type she preferred.  Guess she didn't stand out (or stood out for the wrong reasons).

I haven't liked someone as much as I like Bailey in a while, but I love Mariah too!

On 4/15/2016 at 10:59 AM, ByTor said:
On 4/15/2016 at 9:09 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Good classes a will focus on technique - proper placement, form, movement, memory etc. and then choreograph on that.

You seem to know what you're talking about, so I have to ask...is memory something that can be learned? I always assumed it was one of those things where you either have it or don't.

Hey friend,

As an educator by trade, I find that memory (specifically, moving something from working-short-term memory to long-term memory) can definitely be improved, but like the other poster remarked, some people are naturally better at it. than others.

Also, people whose dominant learning modality is kinesthetic (as opposed to visual or auditory) are going to have an easier time learning choreo.  In general, they also tend to catch on quickly to any activity which requires both fine and gross motor skills (from painting to gymnastics).

The only exception to this truism is if the kinesthetic learner also struggles with dyslexia.  One of my three kids fits this category, and while she can quickly become very skilled at everything from stunting (in cheer) to snowboarding to roller skating, she struggles at auditions which require them to quickly learn a dance combo.  Rote memorization is NOT her thing.  She's definitely a "take home" girl.  Lol.

Also, as a former semi-professional actor, I learned several "tricks" to quickly memorize lines, such as rehearsing a monologue while walking around behind someone, follow-the-leader style.  The object is to occupy the part of your brain that does things on autopilot while simultaneously learning lines.  Our acting coaches (big talent names in Atlanta) swear that it works, and I've found they're right.

In short: the more these girls engage in memorization activities, the better they'll become at it, regardless of dominant learning modality.  (But being a kinesthetic learner helps.)

• Useful 3
10 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Say whatever you want to about the new Dolphin cheerleader uniforms (including shoes), but it's clear their thinking is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Kelli and Charlotte.

I love all of their new uniforms.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I do too, I just don't like the shoes.  And I HATE how good they all look without makeup 😡

I didn't care for the shoes when I first saw them but I like them now.  Yes it is really horrible how good they all look without makeup.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

I didn't care for the shoes when I first saw them but I like them now.  Yes it is really horrible how good they all look without makeup.  

I never danced, but I guess those kind of heels are comfortable to dance in?  It reminds me of those ballroom shoes.

image.png.1a0c9950e1cfea89f3b142f952bc4dd1.png

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I never danced, but I guess those kind of heels are comfortable to dance in?  It reminds me of those ballroom shoes.

image.png.1a0c9950e1cfea89f3b142f952bc4dd1.png

Yes, but dancing on a ballroom floor is very different from dancing on turf. The new MDC boots just look like ankle fractures waiting to happen. I love the rest of their new uniforms, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

this isn't related to anything in particular, but I finally got around to making some of the desserts from my Pinterest board, and tried Kentucky butter cake tonight, which I have officially decided to call Kashara cake from now on - it's super sweet and over the top in the best possible way, so I figure it fits 😄  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 9/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, ByTor said:

I do too, I just don't like the shoes.  And I HATE how good they all look without makeup 😡

Yep the shoes are hideous. BUT I am not a fan of boots at all so my opinion is tainted. I love the uniforms though 💙

From what I've observed after viewing several teams' squads dancing, all of the guys on the various squads are, without wuestion, super great dancers and worthy of making their teams. Here in TN the guy dancer on the Titans squad is by far the best dancer!  Anyway, in these days of equal opp and change and inclusion, would Judi, Kelli and Charlotte say yes to a male dancer on the squad?  Would they say no to a Derek Hough/Mark Ballas-type qualified dancer (just using them for example!)?  Could't that result in a legal challenge?  Bottom line, I'm wondering if THTB would turn a blind eye to a phenomenally qualified male dancer just to say "women only/no men allowed"?   About 1/4 of the squads now have male dancers.  A thought....

13 minutes ago, DKay said:

From what I've observed after viewing several teams' squads dancing, all of the guys on the various squads are, without wuestion, super great dancers and worthy of making their teams. Here in TN the guy dancer on the Titans squad is by far the best dancer!  Anyway, in these days of equal opp and change and inclusion, would Judi, Kelli and Charlotte say yes to a male dancer on the squad?  Would they say no to a Derek Hough/Mark Ballas-type qualified dancer (just using them for example!)?  Could't that result in a legal challenge?  Bottom line, I'm wondering if THTB would turn a blind eye to a phenomenally qualified male dancer just to say "women only/no men allowed"?   About 1/4 of the squads now have male dancers.  A thought....

An exceptional male dancer did try out last year.  He wasn't even acknowledged on the show.  When Melissa R was doing the PR rounds for the show, she was asked about a male dancer on the DCC squad.  She didn't even mention that he tried out.

Edited by scorpio1031
7 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Yep the shoes are hideous. BUT I am not a fan of boots at all so my opinion is tainted. I love the uniforms though 💙

A probably unpopular opinion, but I still like go-go boots 😲

• Love 1
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

An exceptional male dancer did try out last year.  He wasn't even acknowledged on the show.  When Melissa R was doing the PR rounds for the show, she was asked about a male dancer on the DCC squad.  She didn't even mention that he tried out.

Hmmm.  That got swept under the rug. Onviously not an ambulance chaser or fame seeker. 

Didn't another guy audition quite a few years ago (it was season 5 or before IIRC)?  I definitely remember hearing about it, but there was no photographic evidence unlike the gentleman pictured above (he was seen in the crowd several times, especially in the wide shots, but nothing in the small groups).

On 10/1/2019 at 12:14 AM, DKay said:

As long As that uniform is a requirement for the job, and they don’t hire a male , they can do it.