Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

On 6/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Look who worked out  at Cowboys Fit today.

I would literally fall over dead if I went to the gym and JLo was there. She is unreal. Way too big of a star to be on MTT, but she would put every single DCC to shame if they put her 50 year old body in that uniform and let her do one 8 count. 

• Love 7

Can you even imagine JLo doing a sideline dance for the DCC? Throw in a little Jay Z. rap mid-song? They should showcase the hip hop aspect of these dancers. They're so talented. I can only imagine how great it would be to see them as dance troupes in tight formations- laying it all out there. It would modernize the team, for sure, no stale choreography. My ass would be on the next plane from New Jersey to Dallas to see that..

• Love 4
On 6/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, PBSLover said:

Anyone ever read Jeff Pearlman’s book, Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty? Holy Hell. Audible is so great because of the number of credits they give you so I downloaded and listened. If you ever want to hear the history of Jerry Jones arrival and subsequent years after him taking over, it’s football and drugs with nights reminiscent of Caligula.   

I’d heard about things written in the book for years but decided to finally read/listen to it myself. Again, holy hell. And for the record, Skip Bayliss, the at the time Dallas-based sport’s journalist, MADE UP that Troy Aikman is gay. And that rumor has never gone away. It has followed Aikman since Bayliss’s book was released in the mid/late ’90’s and it’s completely shameful. I had no idea.

That’s only one of hundreds of gems in the book. The cheerleaders are only mentioned peripherally so nothing to talk of there. BUT, since I am speaking of the debauchery of the team, had Suzanne Mitchell not shut down Jones when he was looking for more scantily clad uniforms and wanted to watch the DCC practice, I am certain he would have wanted the squad to be available to himself and the team after hours. Jones does not come across well in the book, in either his business practices nor his personal life.

I’ve read Boys Will Be Boys. I cannot STAND Skip Bayless because of that bs. He just seemed like an underhanded ass hole. I know there was some crazy stuff going on in the 90s, but that book was crazy. Now I’m going to read it again! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm obsessed with Todrick. All these kids can out dance the DCC. So much pop and energy. I want to see fun and young with the DCC. 

Would love to see Todrick on the show. He is a Texas native.

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 7

I loooove Todrick. His tour is coming to my home town and I am thinking of getting a ticket. I have seen the NHHH video 6,332 times. My daughter did a class with Stevo to that song and it's really cute but it's not Brian Friedman level, lol.

• Love 1
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Who’s teaching them?  Former DMD’s?

Stephanie and 3 of her ice angels one being a former dmd before she auditioned for ice angels 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Stephanie and 3 of her ice angels one being a former dmd before she auditioned for ice angels 

Really?  I’m sorry, but if the Mav organization doesn’t support their female dancers, why would they support up and coming dancers?  I ‘m hoping they see what a big mistake they made and bring back the DMD.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Raegan was a DMD; who are the other two?

Does anyone else laugh at how active this forum is? I would think it has to be one of the most active forums on Primetimer. I’ll look at forums for other shows that are much more watched than DCC MTT (i.e. The Bachelor) and it will only have around 10 pages of replies lol 

• LOL 3
20 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Does anyone else laugh at how active this forum is? I would think it has to be one of the most active forums on Primetimer. I’ll look at forums for other shows that are much more watched than DCC MTT (i.e. The Bachelor) and it will only have around 10 pages of replies lol 

I always picture our posts driving the mods and admins to their secret bar lounge, lol. 🍹🍺

• LOL 5
39 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

My 600 pound life has a live chat as an episode runs.  It gets quite vocal and entertaining.  It would be interesting to have someone like that for MTT.

I loved Cheerleader Nation! Dunbar was also featured on True Life: I’m a Cheerleader years and years ago. I used to always catch the high school and college cheerleading championships but haven’t watched the last several years. I wonder if Dunbar is still a top team. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I loved Cheerleader Nation! Dunbar was also featured on True Life: I’m a Cheerleader years and years ago. I used to always catch the high school and college cheerleading championships but haven’t watched the last several years. I wonder if Dunbar is still a top team. 

True Life was on MTV, right?  I remember watching that episode.  Did you ever watch Cheerleader U?

17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

True Life was on MTV, right?  I remember watching that episode.  Did you ever watch Cheerleader U?

No, I never watched Cheerleader U. I don’t even remember hearing about. I’m sure I would’ve watched it if I knew about. I generally gravitate to the dance/cheer shows. (Dance Moms being an exception - I just never got into it).

True Life was on MTV. That was during the period that I consider to be the golden era of reality tv (especially MTV) - late 90s through 2010 or so. Im not sure if regular people stopped going on reality tv shows or if I just aged out of the targeted demo, but I can’t find nearly as many reality tv shows to watch as I used to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

No, I never watched Cheerleader U. I don’t even remember hearing about. I’m sure I would’ve watched it if I knew about. I generally gravitate to the dance/cheer shows. 

Cheerleader U was on the WE channel.  First season was the University of Kentucky, second season was University of Central Florida - both teams getting ready for the National Championships.  If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch the first season.  You'll see some of the Cheerleader Nation girls:)

• Love 2

Just flipping through Zulily and I saw Lucchese, so I went to check it out.  The have a boot with a blue star called......THE CASSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hilarious.  I guess the one with the pink star will the be The Victoria. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can someone pls remind me of this year's All Stars again.  Sorry my brain's gone blank,

2019-07-21 (48).png

These are the names that Shelly gave us, but KaShara was also in the group that went to LA and now, she's with Khalyn at Pro Action Dance in Las Vegas...

dcc in LA.jpg

2019-07-21 (49).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

2019-07-21 (48).png

These are the names that Shelly gave us, but KaShara was also in the group that went to LA and now, she's with Khalyn at Pro Action Dance in Las Vegas...

dcc in LA.jpg

2019-07-21 (49).png

Khayln and Kashara look great here! Isn't Kashara just doing odd appearances because she isn't Texas based anymore? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Khayln and Kashara look great here! Isn't Kashara just doing odd appearances because she isn't Texas based anymore? 

KaShara lives in Dallas - roomies with former DCC Jessica.  She's been working at Bar Method with Nicole B.  She filled in with the All Stars for Kelli who was doing wedding prep.  I wonder if this thing with Khalyn is as an "All Star" or as a "Pro Cheerleader."  I think being an All Star works great for Khalyn - she can do appearances, DCC camps, etc during the summer, and then she still teaches I believe.  She was a great DCC, but it was probably so hard with her injury.  This way she gets the best of both worlds.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

KaShara lives in Dallas - roomies with former DCC Jessica.  She's been working at Bar Method with Nicole B.  She filled in with the All Stars for Kelli who was doing wedding prep.  I wonder if this thing with Khalyn is as an "All Star" or as a "Pro Cheerleader."  I think being an All Star works great for Khalyn - she can do appearances, DCC camps, etc during the summer, and then she still teaches I believe.  She was a great DCC, but it was probably so hard with her injury.  This way she gets the best of both worlds.

I miss them both...Khalyn would have been my choice for point this year, had she stayed 😉 

When I started reading tonight I saw someone address TCC Shania (I think) and something about a plane crash.  I've combed all over this forum and I can't find it again.  Someone pls PM me the details.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, raindancer said:

image.thumb.png.56cfed25226d6cd50d625d08783e1ec7.png

oh no, not at all......😍

Yes...there can only be one 😉 

10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

When I started reading tonight I saw someone address TCC Shania (I think) and something about a plane crash.  I've combed all over this forum and I can't find it again.  Someone pls PM me the details.  Thanks.

She lost some sorority sisters/closest friends  in a helicopter crash a few weeks ago.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Sadly, Rutger Hauer passed away recently (July, 19th) after a short illness.  I remember seeing him in the movies "Bladerunner", "LadyHawke" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".  

Same here...very sad 😞  My bf and I  were talking about him last night. 

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Same here...very sad 😞  My bf and I  were talking about him last night. 

He will be missed, a national treasure of sorts for us Dutchies. Such a good actor

Yesterday afternoon I was deleting some DVD recordings.  I thought it was only one group.  It was everything.  Including 4 years of MTT.  Didn't upset me nearly as bad as I thought it would.

Was sadder to delete all those episodes of Wagon Train.   

• Love 1

I loved that DCC finally allowed some of the girls (if only 2) to go to pro-action! Its a great dance convention for pro girls to not only get some of the best choreo but also meet and socialize with other women in the nba and nfl! They looked like they had a great time! 

• Love 3

Wonder if anyone's ever suggested having an adult camp like the kids camp DCC? I think this might've been discussed here last year or some previous year.  I can see them doing something similar to how adults/kids do "Space Camp" in FL and Alabama (which I'd love to do too and I'm in my late 40s)

• Love 2

Hey y’all, I went to the DSIG auditions today (my very first major league pro dance audition) - it was so intimidating but thanks to this forum I recognized and even met a few girls from DCC auditions/finals, which made it really fun! I first started following this forum as a MTT fan but it’s ended up giving me a lot of insight as dancer too! Anyways just wanted to share! It was cool to be part of that world for a day. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, TXElle said:

Hey y’all, I went to the DSIG auditions today (my very first major league pro dance audition) - it was so intimidating but thanks to this forum I recognized and even met a few girls from DCC auditions/finals, which made it really fun! I first started following this forum as a MTT fan but it’s ended up giving me a lot of insight as dancer too! Anyways just wanted to share! It was cool to be part of that world for a day. 

How far did you get?

26 minutes ago, TXElle said:

Cool.  Give us the deets and don't forget to let us know how far you got.  I'm hoping to cheer someone on who I "know", even if it's on-line.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Cool.  Give us the deets and don't forget to let us know how far you got.  I'm hoping to cheer someone on who I "know", even if it's on-line.

They announced TCCs. One vet was cut and 3 former vets (Emma, Kylee and Tristin) made it to TC.

46 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I got cut first round! The choreo was fast but it was a pretty short combo - honestly I just let my nerves get the best of me when I saw the judges’ panel and messed up. But it was great practice so I can be better prepared in the future! 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

They announced TCCs. One vet was cut and 3 former vets (Emma, Kylee and Tristin) made it to TC.

Did Sarah G's sister try out?

8 minutes ago, TXElle said:

I got cut first round! The choreo was fast but it was a pretty short combo - honestly I just let my nerves get the best of me when I saw the judges’ panel and messed up. But it was great practice so I can be better prepared in the future! 

Good for you for trying out to begin with!!!  And you learned something which is always helpful.  Best of wishes for next year!  You will have to keep us in the loop😉

• Love 3
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did Sarah G's sister try out?

I think I see her in the TCCs picture (on DSIG Instagram).  Emmy Shimmy who auditioned for the DCC is a TCC. Also  Audrey from AAIA made it.

12 hours ago, TXElle said:

I'm sorry you got cut first round, but it's cool that you had the guts to go for it.  You learned several things (that nerves affect you and the choreography is ALWAYS faster than expected, both in learning it and performing it though there might be more).  Now you know what to work on for the future.  Good luck should you choose to audition in the future.

• Love 4