Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

My daughter and I are watching cheerleader nation but enough with the staged coffee outings, ha!

We talked about how the Cameras are saving the teams from being yelled at. My daughter plays travel softball and volleyball for the past five years, and she said that she has had only two coaches not yell or them at some point that they suck ( yup, adults are not cool).

We were impressed with the mother coach.  Though, I cannot imagine all the politics in a small town HS cheerleading squad. 

I can also imagine the parents wanting to get their daughters on a squad like that, and either the daughter not being talented enough or not wanting to do it.

• Love 2

I’ve always thought this but never posted about. Why does the Cowboys organization play clips of the Cowboys during the Thunderstruck dance on the big board? I’m not sure if they still do it but why can’t they have their dance be on the board for the whole dance?

To me it’s just more rudeness and unappreciation from the Cowboys organization towards the cheerleaders. Just my thoughts.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I’ve always thought this but never posted about. Why does the Cowboys organization play clips of the Cowboys during the Thunderstruck dance on the big board? I’m not sure if they still do it but why can’t they have their dance be on the board for the whole dance?

To me it’s just more rudeness and unappreciation from the Cowboys organization towards the cheerleaders. Just my thoughts.

I asked this last year and someone told me "it was a football game."

(edited)
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I asked this last year and someone told me "it was a football game."

Ha! Well, fuck that. You put these dancers through hell. Give them a moment for all their hardwork and sacrifice.

Kelli talked about how much the cheerleaders are on screen during home games while being interviewed for TrueTV's special on the opening of Cowboys Stadium in Dallas in 2010. Maybe she meant the big board but that was not what she said because she was referencing that it was Monday night football. Well I can tell you that when I watch a Cowboys game on tv, and this has always been the case, the cheerleaders are never/hardly ever shown on screen. Whatever network I’m watching, rarely does a camera go to a cheerleader. Just makes me mad.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Well I can tell you that when I watch a Cowboys game on tv, and this has always been the case, the cheerleaders are never/hardly ever shown on screen. 

Do they show the halftime shows on TV in the Dallas area?  

• Love 1
(edited)

On the networks that air football games, half-time consists of going directly to the in-house team of talking heads waiting to discuss the game. Whatever is going on on the field is for the stadium attendees only. Except for Thanksgiving, I have never seen a network air a half-time performance when living in NY or Cali.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

On the networks that air football games, half-time consists of going directly to the in-house team of talking heads waiting to discuss the game. Whatever is going on on the field is for the stadium attendees only. Except for Thanksgiving, I have never seen a network air a half-time performance when living in NY or Cali.

I guess I would have thought it would be different in Dallas considering the hype over the Cowboys.  But then if they aired halftime, they would have to acknowledge that they actually have cheerleaders:/

• Love 1
On 6/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, ByTor said:

LOL because they won't.  But this letter confirms something I've been thinking for a while.  I don't get all the "oh yay, guys are auditioning and making squads" hoopla.  In a world where men are involved in so much, it was nice having something that was for women.  I knew once guys started making it that women would start to be overlooked and now replaced.

Spot on comment.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a concerted response within the pro sports team dance industry to try to stem the elimination of opportunities for female dancers. This letter is a good start, but it only mentions three NBA teams--nothing about Spurs Entertainment, which started this phenomenon, or NFL teams that jumped on the bandwagon this season, such as the Titans, who replaced about half their spots for female dancers with co-ed stunters.

For the record: I'm all for ADDING gender-inclusive opportunities in dance/cheer/spirit teams. But not by ELIMINATING opportunities for female dancers.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, dancerfan said:

For the record: I'm all for ADDING gender-inclusive opportunities in dance/cheer/spirit teams. But not by ELIMINATING opportunities for female dancers.

Like Rhythm & Blue.  I've never been to a game, but I've seen videos of them performing along side the DCC during halftime shows.

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

Like Rhythm & Blue.  I've never been to a game, but I've seen videos of them performing along side the DCC during halftime shows.

They are amazing as well I’ve seen them preform last year at one of the games 

• Love 3
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

If you go to the IG account, you can see some audition videos if you like.  Pretty cool - very talented group of dancers.

Yes they are loved the energy they bring to the games 

• Love 1

I know people like the song "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel, but has anyone listened to the cover by Disturbed?  That cover is my absolute favorite version of all (including the original).  It's just so powerful, unique and distinct, mainly thanks to David Draiman's voice.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I know people like the song "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel, but has anyone listened to the cover by Disturbed?  That cover is my absolute favorite version of all (including the original).  It's just so powerful, unique and distinct, mainly thanks to David Draiman's voice.  

It's brilliant! Gives me shivers!

• Love 1

Most people look at me and either give me a "Who's that?" look when I mention the band or a "You LIKE that type of group?" look since Disturbed is not a group that people think I would normally listen to.  They should expect it though because I listen to practically every type of music out there except for hip hop, rap and certain genres of metal, maybe a few others.

30 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

They should expect it though because I listen to practically every type of music out there except for hip hop, rap and certain genres of metal, maybe a few others.

Sounds almost like me, except the only things I cannot listen to are rap/hip hop and country (but I like most Southern rock, go figure).  I love pretty much all metal, Liquid Metal is a staple on my satellite radio 🙂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sounds almost like me, except the only things I cannot listen to are rap/hip hop and country (but I like most Southern rock, go figure).  I love pretty much all metal, Liquid Metal is a staple on my satellite radio 🙂

I surprise most people because I'm a hard core metal head and hard rock fan 😉 Avatar, In This Moment, Lamb of God, Seether, Godsmack, Disturbed, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Anthrax, Behemoth, Halestorm (though I really consider them more hard rock), to name a few of the bands I listen to on a daily basis...I have a hard time with country and rap.  I can do some old school hip hop but not the new stuff.  😛 

• Love 1

Hey everybody. Longtime lurker. These boards are a guilty pleasure.  For those that remember her, Catherine Dunne was announced this morning as part of the new Big Brother cast.  I am pretty sure she is the same one that tried out for DCC.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Teeniebopper1 said:

Hey everybody. Longtime lurker. These boards are a guilty pleasure.  For those that remember her, Catherine Dunne was announced this morning as part of the new Big Brother cast.  I am pretty sure she is the same one that tried out for DCC.

6 hours ago, Teeniebopper1 said:

Screenshot_20190617-121229_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8af9d10cdbd5071c23621a8523e08949.jpg

I wonder if Erica made it and, if not, that it bothers her any that a 2-time DCC Rookie candidate and ex-beauty pageant contestant made it and she didn't.  Or was that Jenna auditioning for BB?  I can't keep them straight sometimes and, for some of them, I don't want to.

Edited by EricaShadows
11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I wonder if Erica made it and, if not, that it bothers her any that a 2-time DCC Rookie candidate and ex-beauty pageant contestant made it and she didn't.  Or was that Jenna auditioning for BB?  I can't keep them straight sometimes and, for some of them, I don't want to.

Jenna was allegedly auditioning for BB and Erica was trying for the Bachelor.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Well in case you change your mind, it was Jenna who wanted BB, Erica auditioned for The Bachelor 🙂 

On 6/16/2019 at 4:07 PM, PBSLover said:

This used to drive me nuts about our community television station broadcasting high school sports.  They would pan the camera during timeouts to the huddle instead of showing the cheerleaders doing their routines.  Even as a teenager (over 25 years ago) I thought that was complete BS.  

• Love 1

I thought networks started doing that because lots of women watch football and you know damn well that as women we can't handle things like seeing attractive women on tv 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I got the Star.  Q&D-couple of AMAZING Maddie pics.  Daphne, Lexie and Rachel W win the day.  Madeline Malloy did much better than I would have thought. Also old Rachel was generally better than expected.  Miranda had one that was stunning.  Worst pic in mag was a Savannah pic.  And there was a Savannah pulls her pants down pic :(.  Brennan's spread pic was so sad.  Bytor is gonna be pissed.  Bridget did not photograph well at all.  Alana was a girl among women.  The rest had some hot, some not.  Some of the bad ones (like Brennan's) were photographers fault.  Rachel Ws pic in the B&D suit was the best in the book.

• Love 1
Just now, Opine said:

I got the Star.  Q&D-couple of AMAZING Maddie pics.  Daphne, Lexie and Rachel W win the day.  Madeline Malloy did much better than I would have thought. Also old Rachel was generally better than expected.  Miranda had one that was stunning.  Worst pic in mag was a Savannah pic.  And there was a Savannah pulls her pants down pic :(.  Brennan's spread pic was so sad.  Bytor is gonna be pissed.  Bridget did not photograph well at all.  Alana was a girl among women.  The rest had some hot, some not.  Some of the bad ones (like Brennan's) were photographers fault.  Rachel Ws pic in the B&D suit was the best in the book.

Who else was in the magazine besides the ones you said 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Some guy on FB got his issue last night and he said that he never really thought that much of Maddie until he saw her photos

Edited by scorpio1031
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Some guy on FB got his issue last night and he said that he never really thought that much of Maddie until he saw her photos

Yeah the pic of her on the DCC suit is THAT good.

6 hours ago, Opine said:

Hopefully there are pics of Savannah, Brennan, Bridget or Alanna that are so good they are being saved for the calendar.  For all the pics that they take, there has to be one great shot of each girl.

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hopefully there are pics of Savannah, Brennan, Bridget or Alanna that are so good they are being saved for the calendar.  For all the pics that they take, there has to be one great shot of each girl.

There was at least one good pic in there of Savannah and Brennan.  Bridget's weren't bad - they were just like a friend at the beach pics, not calendar pics.  Alanna had multiple pics and she just wasn't photogenic.  Oh, and the pics I really hope would be amazing of Gina (the ones in the suit everyone hated but I loved) are bad.  She was fine, but they had shoveled the makeup on her and the lighting they used showed that.

12 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Look who worked out  at Cowboys Fit today.

Jennifer Lopez= GOALS....She is amazing!!! ARod...eh...don't give a flip about him.  

• Love 6
On 6/27/2019 at 6:56 AM, Kayce said:

Jennifer Lopez= GOALS....She is amazing!!!

YES!!!!!  When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Fly Girl....and a veterinarian....and raise horses in Colorado.  But mostly, I wanted to be a Fly Girl.  I would still love to be JLo 😂

• Love 4

I did consulting work for Knoll furniture (I love their pieces, but WAY out of my price range).  In the lobby they played a video in which A-Rod discussed the Knoll furniture he owns.  That's what I always think of when I see him.

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, raindancer said:

YES!!!!!  When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Fly Girl....and a veterinarian....and raise horses in Colorado.  But mostly, I wanted to be a Fly Girl.  I would still love to be JLo 😂

I would be a happy camper if I even remotely looked like her 😉 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I would be a happy camper if I even remotely looked like her 😉 

Omg yes.  And she seriously just gets even more beautiful over time.  I still covet Body Bling.....never could get my hands on any.  Probably a good thing, or I'd be sparkling like a Twilight vampire 😂

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

Omg yes.  And she seriously just gets even more beautiful over time.  I still covet Body Bling.....never could get my hands on any.  Probably a good thing, or I'd be sparkling like a Twilight vampire 😂

I'd twinkle like every star in the sky if I could!! 🙂

• Love 1