Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)
29 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:
This little dancer is fun to watch.  I'm constantly amazed with the talent of these young dancers. 

I love keeping an eye on the up and comers.  You might enjoy Meghan Trainor's No Excuses video that this year's DCC dance judge, Charm La'Donna, choreographed.  Lots of young dancers of all ages.

Edited by go4luca
missing comma
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2019 at 4:32 PM, VintageJ said:

And I barely get into donuts at all.  I do like the crumb cake ones though.  My family got so angry with me once when I showed them how to make donuts from biscuits.  They felt like I was holding back.  

canned biscuit donuts? Those are the bomb!! 🙂

• Love 1

Does anyone else come out of lurkdome when they remember they're password, post a bunch, and then forget again?

And my password is REALLY not that hard to remember, I'm just old.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

After what happened to the Mavs Dancers, I was wondering about this....

The Texas Legends are the minor league affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks.  They've had dancers for years. They just posted this notice on their Instagram for auditions: it says "Spirit Squad"--it's always said "dancers" before.  (The girls pictured are current dancers.)  I went to the website it lists for more details, but I couldn't find anything.  It's possible that they're getting rid of the dancers, too!  😲  (Here are the audition notices from 2019 and 2018.)

Tx Legends 2019 Auditions-Spirit Squad.jpg

Tx Legends 2018 Auditions-Dancers.jpg

Edited by Tootie

I had an odd DCC dream.  So I was a DCC and we had a night game & had to be at the stadium by 6:00.  I got there at 5:59, but Kelli didn't notice so I was safe...that is until I realized someone hid my uniform LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I had an odd DCC dream.  So I was a DCC and we had a night game & had to be at the stadium by 6:00.  I got there at 5:59, but Kelli didn't notice so I was safe...that is until I realized someone hid my uniform LOL.

Probably KaShara🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Tootie said:

The Texas Legends are the minor league affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks.  They've had dancers for years. They just posted this notice on their Instagram for auditions: it says "Spirit Squad"--it's always said "dancers" before.  (The girls pictured are current dancers.)  I went to the website it lists for more details, but I couldn't find anything.  It's possible that they're getting rid of the dancers, too!  😲  (Here are the audition notices from 2019 and 2018.)

A lot of girls from TLD went on to become Mavs Dancers and one (Courtni Shea) to the DCC.

15 hours ago, Tootie said:

Maybe they are going to let men audition for their team and changed the name of the squad 

6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe they are going to let men audition for their team and changed the name of the squad 

Seems to be the trend with a lot of pro/semi pro teams.  Will the AAIA be next?

(edited)

It sounds like the NBA/NFL teams are more willing to cut their teams for various "reasons" then have to deal with the REAL issues which is the low pay of the teams (vs the hard work and time the girls put in), the poor treatment they get from both the fans and their own coaching staff (Jerry Jones when he first bought the Cowboys is a good example of this as well as Kelli and Charlotte) and various other issues.  I'm just guessing here, but actually treating these girls as an important part of the whole and treating them right is just too much work and too big a headache for TPTB.  There may be other reasons/opinions, but this was just what came to mind first.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
On 6/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB how long has "Thunderstruck" been the signature dance?

Since 2010...2nd season of AT&T. It was actually a pregame performance towards the end of 2009, then at the beginning (maybe preseason) of 2010. It was after that performance that it was requested to be done at all games. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Out of the box dancing. Just fun. Reminds me something I could see on the show, Pose.  So much pop and sas.  Language and topics may make some uncomfortable but wow. I want some of their confidence. Heck, I want my girls to have their confidence. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So far it looks like no changes for the AAIA and DSIG. The DSIG announced their audition date (July 27th) on their FB. 

This description of the 2019-20 AAIA (from Allen Americans website) sounds like they're staying all female too. 

https://allenamericans.com/ice-angels/

No audition date has been announced yet.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)
9 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Out of the box dancing. Just fun. Reminds me something I could see on the show, Pose.  So much pop and sas.  Language and topics may make some uncomfortable but wow. I want some of their confidence. Heck, I want my girls to have their confidence. 

Todrick was inspiration for a female-to-male transgender person on the second season of new "Queer Eye" show.  Not in the transitioning part or any part of the decision to do so, but how Skylar was dealing with accepting himself in his "new" body and everything that went along with the transition.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:42 AM, Tootie said:

They just changed the name on their FB page to Texas Legends Spirit Squad.

2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

My favorite Todrick video is the Disney princess one lol

He is extremely talented.  My girls love the Mean Boys video/movie. I love his take of The Greatest Showman. He has such a gentle joyful spirit. 

• Love 2

@MrsEVH - Great letter. Why do I feel that there is no way these guys are going to have a meeting with these women? Never a backward glance, I assume is their motto. Actions speak louder than words. They DIDN’T value these women. Never did and never will.

But the Pro Cheerleading Podcast should send this letter to every sportswriter, especially the women sportswriter’s and broadcasters, in the country. Because if these team owners/brass are doing this and getting away with it, than other teams may follow.

Such a shame.

**They should have used the writer’s name at The NYPost and not just the paper’s title. The writers at the paper are actually more respected than the newspaper they work for. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

@MrsEVH - Great letter. Why do I feel that there is no way these guys are going to have a meeting with these women? Never a backward glance, I assume is their motto. Actions speak louder than words. They DIDN’T value these women. Never did and never will.

But the Pro Cheerleading Podcast should send this letter to every sportswriter, especially the women sportswriter’s and broadcasters, in the country. Because if these team owners/brass are doing this and getting away with it, than other teams may follow.

Such a shame.

**They should have used the writer’s name at The NYPost and not just the paper’s title. The writers at the paper are actually more respected than the newspaper they work for. 

If you have a Twitter account check out their page. They're both former SeaGals cheerleaders.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Why do I feel that there is no way these guys are going to have a meeting with these women?

LOL because they won't.  But this letter confirms something I've been thinking for a while.  I don't get all the "oh yay, guys are auditioning and making squads" hoopla.  In a world where men are involved in so much, it was nice having something that was for women.  I knew once guys started making it that women would start to be overlooked and now replaced.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

DCC.jpgDoes anyone have any idea who #1 is cause I swear she looks just like Sunni Cranfill (I swiped this off ultimatecheerleaders.com)

She was an AAIA last season and a DSIG before that. She has tried out multiple times.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Ryan reminds me a little of Amy L.

Is there a forum for this show here? I’m in for this! Any DCCs from Dunbar High School or Ole Miss?

There used to be one for Cheerleader Nation, but I don't think anyone posted so it probably went into "the vault" when they changed this website.  I don't see anything for Cheerleader Generation.  I don't have cable so I have to find this show somewhere.

• Love 2

I'm here for the no kids discussion!  I like my sleep and my clean house and car 😊 

The only thing I find regretful is that all of the cool people I used to be friends with are now married with very young families and we no longer run in the same circles.  And my circle has gotten so small because of it.  I found that the young parents I know really only want to hang out with other young parents and can no longer carry on conversations that don't involve their kids.  It's a total bummer, but that's life.  I love my solitude and quiet after a long work day!

• Love 5

i enjoy reading all the posts about kids vs no kids. my husband and i have been married almost 5 years, i turn 34 Monday, and no kids yet.  growing up i ALWAYS assumed i'd have one or two children but i really haven't felt any sort of maternal pull till the last six months.  still, tho, i have never felt so 50/50 about something in my life! on one hand, i really would like at least one kid...part of me can't imagine not watching a little guy or girl grow up and being a mom - that whole bond and how it changes you. On the other hand, i love my life just how it is.  i love my independence and sleep and disposable income and quality time with my husband.  i just wish i had clarity one way or the other sometimes! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm here for the no kids discussion!  I like my sleep and my clean house and car 😊 

The only thing I find regretful is that all of the cool people I used to be friends with are now married with very young families and we no longer run in the same circles.  And my circle has gotten so small because of it.  I found that the young parents I know really only want to hang out with other young parents and can no longer carry on conversations that don't involve their kids.  It's a total bummer, but that's life.  I love my solitude and quiet after a long work day!

Yes, having kids changes the dynamics of a couple being friends with a couple that doesn't have kids.  I don't want to talk about peoples' kids.  But my circle of friends is dog people.  And I really have never wanted a child.  

• Love 4

I'm 30 and I still don't know if I want kids or not. I've always been 50/50 on it as well. Part of me wants them and part of me doesn't. I have reasons on both sides. When I was younger I thought I would want tons of kids lol. But as I've gotten older I've thought more about it. I would give thought to what my future partner would want too.  My bf (who I hope to be with forever) is older than me and he has 2 grown kids. He said he would give me one if I wanted, which is nice. Lol I'm not ready for it yet and I still don't know. But I'm not worried about a lonely life years from now because of that. I will survive.  My older brother and his wife don't have kids and might not ever. My younger brother just had his first kid this year. My mom wasn't sure if she'd ever be a grandma like she wanted haha but she never pressured any of us.

• Love 2
On 6/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Ryan reminds me a little of Amy L.

Is there a forum for this show here? I’m in for this! Any DCCs from Dunbar High School or Ole Miss?

I'm just watching the first episode of this show now on Lifetime and I'm loving it! Came here for the same thing, but don't find anything. I have no idea how new topics are started with all the rules they seem to have, but I'm hoping there's a place to discuss soon!

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'm just watching the first episode of this show now on Lifetime and I'm loving it! Came here for the same thing, but don't find anything. I have no idea how new topics are started with all the rules they seem to have, but I'm hoping there's a place to discuss soon!

My daughter and I are watching cheerleader nation but enough with the staged coffee outings, ha!

We talked about how the Cameras are saving the teams from being yelled at. My daughter plays travel softball and volleyball for the past five years, and she said that she has had only two coaches not yell or them at some point that they suck ( yup, adults are not cool).

We were impressed with the mother coach.  Though, I cannot imagine all the politics in a small town HS cheerleading squad. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 1