Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

The Utah Jazz have had both a female dance team and an acrobatic/stunt team for years.

That's fantastic! Having two separate teams is the best of both worlds.

Most college teams follow that game day entertainment model: A cheer squad and a dance team, each made up of members with advanced skills in their field.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, dancerfan said:

Titans finals were last weekend. Check out their social media pages.

They split tryouts into dancing and stunting groups. They took around a dozen rookies from the co-ed tumbler group, including 5 male stunt bases.

They also took 1 outstanding male dancer who stunts too and kept 10 or 11 or so of the current cheerleaders. They only hired 1 or 2 rookie female dancers after holding a week-long dance final. That's a big change from the 27 spots they typically have for female dancers.

The Spurs started the trend 2 years ago by getting rid of the Silver Dancers. They also disbanded their AHL all-female dance squad.

The Cleveland Cavs are also disbanding their female AHL team (Monsters). But they are adding the Dancing Dads to their entertainment roster: "a group of fun-loving dads with extraordinary dance moves."

These are seismic changes for female dancers in the sports industry.

Interesting. The Mavs also disbanded the Maniaacs, which were all male. 

4 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Anyone ever figure out why CMT took all the seasons off? I wanted to rewatch s6 but noooooo

I wonder if this means there will be an official announcement soon for season 14?  Cause the smart thing to do would be to announce the premiere date and then play reruns all summer to get everyone ready for it.  Oops - forgot who I was talking about:)

• LOL 1
On 5/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, hannahbanana said:

The Utah Jazz have had both a female dance team and an acrobatic/stunt team for years.

I was actually watching a rerun of Undercover Boss about 2 weeks ago for the Jazz. I saw the stunt team but not the dancers.

Okay, so i totally hate the responsibility of having a credit card, but I finally got one pretty much just so i can buy all season of the show on amazon. I’m not even sure they’ll work since I don’t live in the US, but it was worth a shot. And now it doesn’t work because my credit card is not from an American bank. Seriously, trying to watch this show is exhausting 😅

47 minutes ago, Preity said:

Okay, so i totally hate the responsibility of having a credit card, but I finally got one pretty much just so i can buy all season of the show on amazon. I’m not even sure they’ll work since I don’t live in the US, but it was worth a shot. And now it doesn’t work because my credit card is not from an American bank. Seriously, trying to watch this show is exhausting 😅

I’ll PM you a link that I use so you can see if it works!

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this so it goes here.  I found a list of audition dates for a lot of the NFL cheerleaders.

Arizona Cardinals:   March 30. 
Atlanta Falcons:   April 14.  
Baltimore Ravens:  March 2.  
Carolina Panthers:   April 13.  
Cincinnati Bengals:  April 13.  
Dallas Cowboys:   May 18.  
Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers:  No date listed
Denver Broncos:  March 17. 
Detroit Lions Cheerleaders:   March 24.  
Houston Texans:   April 13. 
Indianapolis Colts:   March 16.  
Jacksonville Jaguars:   April 6. 
Kansas City Chiefs:   March 15. 
Los Angeles Chargers:  No date listed
Los Angeles Rams:   March 31.  
Miami Dolphins:   April 13. 
Minnesota Vikings:    April 7. 
New England Patriots:  March 2. 
New Orleans Saints:  April 5. 
New York Jets:   March 2.  
Oakland Raiders:   May 4.
Philadelphia Eagles:   March 23.  
San Francisco 49ers:   March 24.  
Seattle Seahawks:  April 13. 
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:   March 30.  
Tennessee Titans:  No date listed
Washington Redskins:   March 22. 

With a few exceptions (and not including those without a listed date), it looks like most of the teams audition within a 4-week or so time period, mid-March to mid-April.  It looks like only three teams (the Ravens, the Patriots and the Jets) have very early auditions at the very beginning of March (March 2nd) and only two teams (the DCC and the Raiders) have their auditions in May.  In fact the DCC are the last to hold their auditions.  At least if girls don't make one of the other NFL squads, they can audition for the DCC but if they wait for the DCC, they would have to audition for either a team in the local DCC area or hope that an NBA squad still exists that they can audition for.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:50 PM, MrsEVH said:

I was actually watching a rerun of Undercover Boss about 2 weeks ago for the Jazz. I saw the stunt team but not the dancers.

They still have both. Kind of odd it was the stunt team you saw and not the dancers,  since the dancers are more well known. Then again, maybe that's why they were the ones  shown -- to bring them more publicity.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

They still have both. Kind of odd it was the stunt team you saw and not the dancers,  since the dancers are more well known. Then again, maybe that's why they were the ones  shown -- to bring them more publicity.

The boss going undercover was male.  He actually did have to work with the stunt team. Too bad it wasn't a female one and she would have to dance with the squad.  :0

Edited by MrsEVH

My opinion of Marshall is that he will protect his business, and if that includes saying nice things about any candidate, then he'll do it.     I think he's a very nice person, and is probably going to take the high road anyway.      I'm sure a lot of business comes to his salons from the DCC promotion, and from the show, so he's going to be doing everything to stay in KJC's good graces.   

• Love 3
(edited)

The season of "So You Think You Can Dance" that Victoria auditioned for (and claims to have turned down due to filming conflicting with Training Camp) premiered last night.  Did anyone watch?  Was our least favorite Rookie Candidate shown at all (including her interview) or are the first few episodes dedicated to one city/region until they narrow the numbers down?

Edited by EricaShadows
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Future DCC?

Doubt it lol she's a TikTok star and 17 and seems to just like to dance and release music. Not saying she's hit her growth peak, but I'm pretty sure she's far too small. Those boots would eat her up lol

2 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Doubt it lol she's a TikTok star and 17 and seems to just like to dance and release music. Not saying she's hit her growth peak, but I'm pretty sure she's far too small. Those boots would eat her up lol

I'm too old - I'm off to Google TikTok now😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The season of "So You Think You Can Dance" that Victoria auditioned for (and claims to have turned down due to filming conflicting with Training Camp) premiered last night.  Did anyone watch?  Was our least favorite Rookie Candidate shown at all (including her interview) or are the first few episodes dedicated to one city/region until they narrow the numbers down?

I did watch and did not see her.  Based on the talent presented, she just wasn't spotlight worthy.  They did have Gino who was Maddie Ziegler's first kiss on Dance Moms, though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Opine said:

I did watch and did not see her.  Based on the talent presented, she just wasn't spotlight worthy.  They did have Gino who was Maddie Ziegler's first kiss on Dance Moms, though.

I'm not surprised.  She's nowhere NEAR the talent level they require to even make it past the open auditions.  I doubt she was even asked to wait for the end of the day because they weren't sure if she was going on.  AFAIK, there were only rumors (and stemming from her camp entirely) that she turned the show down.  That likely means she was cut and didn't want to admit that she wasn't as good as her "publicity" made her out to be.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Future DCC?

Saw this...she's a great little dancer and actually dances better than Sarah in spots...but I seriously doubt she'd leave LA to be a DCC.

Edited by Kayce

Joffrey Ballet dance school is having free adult classes today, and I was planning to stumble my way through the modern and advanced ballet classes as gracefully as I can, if anyone here in Chicago is down to check them out with me 😄

• Love 4
2 hours ago, raindancer said:

Joffrey Ballet dance school is having free adult classes today, and I was planning to stumble my way through the modern and advanced ballet classes as gracefully as I can, if anyone here in Chicago is down to check them out with me 😄

You have got to share how it goes!! Dying!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Thank Yahvo I don't have a Krispy Kreme in my 'hood. I'd be toast if I did.  #nationaldonutday

I do have KK in my neighborhood...and I'm trying SO hard to not go get my free donut because I also have a fundraiser card that is a buy one dozen get a dozen regular glazed free...I'm so hosed if I walk in that place!!! 😛

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I do have KK in my neighborhood...and I'm trying SO hard to not go get my free donut because I also have a fundraiser card that is a buy one dozen get a dozen regular glazed free...I'm so hosed if I walk in that place!!! 😛

I can never escape without buying a boxful of the simple glazed.  Nope.  Not even putting myself in that situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can never escape without buying a boxful of the simple glazed.  Nope.  Not even putting myself in that situation.

Same! Because the last thing I need is a free donut that leads to 2 dozen more 😉 

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Simple glazed.....oh please, the baked chocolate donut, the whip cream filled with chocolate glaze, cake batter.....thank goodness I only get to a KK once a year.

• Love 1

And I barely get into donuts at all.  I do like the crumb cake ones though.  My family got so angry with me once when I showed them how to make donuts from biscuits.  They felt like I was holding back.  

• LOL 1
(edited)

Oh wow.  Kash had something posted on her Twitter account about Granger Smith's recent loss that made me curious so checked it out.  I don't follow Granger but discovered his 3 year old son River recently died from a now revealed drowning accident.  I can't even grasp what that's like for a parent.  Especially if it's something that most likely could have been prevented.

Edited by go4luca
typo

Anyone ever read Jeff Pearlman’s book, Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty? Holy Hell. Audible is so great because of the number of credits they give you so I downloaded and listened. If you ever want to hear the history of Jerry Jones arrival and subsequent years after him taking over, it’s football and drugs with nights reminiscent of Caligula.   

I’d heard about things written in the book for years but decided to finally read/listen to it myself. Again, holy hell. And for the record, Skip Bayliss, the at the time Dallas-based sport’s journalist, MADE UP that Troy Aikman is gay. And that rumor has never gone away. It has followed Aikman since Bayliss’s book was released in the mid/late ’90’s and it’s completely shameful. I had no idea.

That’s only one of hundreds of gems in the book. The cheerleaders are only mentioned peripherally so nothing to talk of there. BUT, since I am speaking of the debauchery of the team, had Suzanne Mitchell not shut down Jones when he was looking for more scantily clad uniforms and wanted to watch the DCC practice, I am certain he would have wanted the squad to be available to himself and the team after hours. Jones does not come across well in the book, in either his business practices nor his personal life.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Skip Bayliss, the at the time Dallas-based sport’s journalist, MADE UP that Troy Aikman is gay. And that rumor has never gone away. It has followed Aikman since Bayliss’s book was released in the mid/late ’90’s 

Goes to show the football rock I'm under (I'd never pass a DCC interview LOL), I never heard that rumor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank Yahvo I don't have a Krispy Kreme in my 'hood. I'd be toast if I did.  #nationaldonutday

When I lived and worked in Vegas (three months of my life that I won't get back), one of the places I worked at sold Krispy Kreme donuts.  Any donuts that didn't get sold by the end of the night were free to the employees to take home.  There were nights I could have left with 3+dozen donuts if I wanted to.

1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

It’s out there, trust me.

Oh, I believe you.  Just goes to show how little I pay attention to football.  I've become the woman I always made fun of as a kid 😄

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

(I'd never pass a DCC interview

The only way I would ever pass a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders interview/test, whatever is if they focused primarily on MTT or if you took the Cowboys Cheerleaders out of it, and just asked questions about Dallas - the tv show😀

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The only way I would ever pass a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders interview/test, whatever is if they focused primarily on MTT or if you took the Cowboys Cheerleaders out of it, and just asked questions about Dallas - the tv show😀

The only reason I listened to the book is that a podcast I was listening to referenced the book. What was said about Michael Irvin was compelling enough for me to want to hear more. It was way worse than I’d imagined.

8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

The only reason I listened to the book is that a podcast I was listening to referenced the book. What was said about Michael Irvin was compelling enough for me to want to hear more. It was way worse than I’d imagined.

I can believe it.

• Love 1