Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

There is a book, Boys Will Be Boys, about the off-field antics of the Cowboy players from the '90's team. It paints Jones, although married, as a womanizer. He fooled around a lot. It seems the NY Post has pretty much confirmed it.

So I may be crazy but I was looking at the DCC camp out pictures and I have reservations about their little hog hunt thing. I'm guessing none of the girls felt any sort of way about it but it seems ridiculous to me. The tent decorating contest was tacky tacky tacky but run of the mill sorority type stuff and the shooting range is a pretty typical "Texas" activity, but then to have a bunch of dancers go "hawg huntin" doesn't make any sense.

If you want to have a barbeque then have one but why make a sport and "bonding" event out of killing the poor thing? It just seems like a problematic little weekend.

I wonder what sort of consequences a DCC would face if she objected to going hunting with her teammates. She probably wouldn't make it back the next year, IMO.

Wow, I did not get out of those pictures that they killed the pig they ate!  Did I miss something?  The shooting targets were paper boars, or at least that's what Brittany and Kelsey were holding up.  The Olympians didn't really shoot them a hog, did they?!  

Charlotte must be beside herself with her daddy's public humiliation.  Looks like Jerry Jones didn't want to be out-sleazed by J.R. Ewing.  So gross and creepy, as is the guy who tried to extort Jones by claiming he was the son of God.  That really does sound like a soap opera plot, doesn't it? #dallas

Edited by M1977G

Wow, I did not get out of those pictures that they killed the pig they ate!  Did I miss something?  The shooting targets were paper boars, or at least that's what Brittany and Kelsey were holding up.  The Olympians didn't really shoot them a hog, did they?!

See, I don't know. You could be right that the pig was brought in from somewhere else (I hope you are). I just...when I see "hog hunt" and then there's a picture of a dead pig marinated I just figured that they would have been hunting for it because I know some of these girls know how to hunt and the Olympians probably do too.

Who knows. I suppose someone could ask Kelli about it but...not me. Like I said, I hope you're right and that they only shot paper boar targets.

Note from mod: Please remember this thread is for off topics, introductions, etc. etc. Read the Spoilers and Where to Post pinned thread at the top of the forum page. Also, look at the threads titles before deciding where to post. If you have any questions or concerns about where to post, please send me a PM. Thank you.

The two Vivian post was put in the Former Seasons thread since Vivian was modeling the outfits before the 2014-2015 auditions started. Use this thread for introductions and non-related DCC posts. Vivian is a current TC candidate so any posting about her should be in the episodes thread.

Hello all!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I lurked a little bit over at TWoP. We actually dont get MTT here (I'm from Melbourne Australia) so no one has any idea what I am talking about it when I mention DCC!

Looking forward to chatting to you all - or should that be y'all ??  ;)

• Love 3

I was, a long time back.  Posted some, but not much.

Back in  2009 I vaguely remember  two posts.

* One was about Jennifer McMahon getting kicked off the squad. This poster was at the Friends and family show and remembered seeing Jennifer waking away or down a hallway looking very mad.

* The other was about Alexandra Benvenuto  getting kicked off or leaving the Mavs. She didn't get along with Shella, the director who didn't let her dance that much. 

There were one or more posters that seemed to have an inside scoop.

* One was about Jennifer McMahon getting kicked off the squad. This poster was at the Friends and family show and remembered seeing Jennifer waking away or down a hallway looking very mad.

Jennifer McMahon finished the season with the team till the Christmas show  http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy14/x69twisted/DCC/901081214086_giants_v_cowboys.jpg she wasn't kicked off that early .

http://www.myfavoritecheerleader.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4867.0;attach=75863;image

This pic says it all though !

I was a poster on the site and I remember someone posting that Jennifer partied during the swimsuit calendar shoot. Whatever happened there lead to her being dismissed from the squad the day or around the time of the friends and family event.

Good job to itune for finally getting the last week's episode available for downloading this morning. I now have digital cable with the CMT channel. I do like having the episodes on my two computers for watching, but waiting forever in a day to be able to download does not make a happy viewer.

I remember on the old TWOP there was one year, maybe a year or two ago, when there some supposed DCC insiders posting a lot of dirt.  Those posts were eventually deleted because TWOP was strict about what did or did not pertain to the show itself.  I wish those poster would come back and feed mine DCC gossip needs :) lol!!

• Love 3

I was just wondering: Where are you all from? As far as I can tell not everyone seems to be from the US... So it seems like just how girls from all over the world try out for the team, people from all over the world watch the show. I find that kind of amazing!

Hello! I'm Brenda and I live in Denver CO. Of course, I'm an avid Broncos fan and an avid fan of our cheerleaders, but both the Cowboys and the DCC are right up there, a close second. I'm retired after 45 years working in the legal field as a paralegal. I love sports, football being #1 of course! GO BRONCOS AND COWBOYS!!!

Hi everyone!  I'm Nicole from New Orleans.  Hopeless Saints fan (in every sense of the word), but hardcore DCC fan from a young age, since I'm originally from Oklahoma.  I'm not much of a "message board" person, but ZOMG VIVIAN.

How old are ya'll?  I ask because I feel like I might be kind of old for all this, but I can't help myself.

i'll be 63 in March.  Had a mid management retail job that paid the same for the last 14 yrs (no raises, and low pay), but i was too loyal to leave. Found out I could retire at 62. Guess what i did this year? :)  Getting ready to go get a part time fun job.

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 1

I'm very glad to hear that I'm not alone at the "old folks home".  I'll be 48 next week.  I've taken dance lessons -- mostly ballet -- since I was 11 years old, although lately (I got married recently) it's taken a backseat to other things.  That's what first intrigued me as I was flipping through channels one evening -- seeing a big shiny dance studio with a barre and hardwood floors.  Other than my teacher, who's my age (and could easily pass for a DCC herself), I'm the only adult in my class.  I don't even try to compete with the whippersnappers, but I do think a couple of them ought to try out!

• Love 1

46 here!  I have to admit, I always looked at NFL cheerleaders as attention whores who liked shaking their boobs in public, but I was dead wrong.  These women have a real skill and incredible talent! So why did I start watching the show if this was my perception?  At first it was mainly curiosity after hearing about all the women who were called out for "weight issues."  As someone who was pretty overweight most of her life, I find it insane.  At the same time, though, I find it inspiring that these women are SO dedicated to something they want.  In an odd way, seeing them and their attitudes tends to inspire me to a better attitude toward what I want, if that makes any sense. :)

• Love 2

51 here and I've watched since the 2 hour special!! The show is my guilty pleasure. It's such a great example of contradictions. Show your boobs but don't act slutty. Lose weight in a healthy manner but we need you lose 10 pounds by Monday!

• Love 1

I was at work one day and they were airing a marathon of Season 2 on VH-1 and I was hooked. I had plans that night. I cancelled them and went home and continued to watch the marathon. I was on the CMT site and a little on the TWOP. I couldn't get enough. I was obsessed. I still am sort of.

I grew up in the east in the '60's and '70's. We had hippies, greasers and athletes and rich kids...the pageant/cheerleader thing was not a part of the culture. This was brand new to me. I have been around models and actresses my entire working life but these girls? This was something I had never seen before and I was fascinated.

I was able to get my hands on the 2 hour special and season 2. I have them on VHS (which I need to have changed into dvds).

I find Kelli fascinating. She studied international marketing and she has taken that franchise and made it into the best in the business. I believe one of the reasons the Cowboys are the highest valued franchise in the NFL is because of the cheerleaders. In the '70's and the '90's when the Cowboys were on top, the cheerleaders were the accessories. Today, the DCC has surpassed the football team in terms of greatness. And I believe it is because of her.

Okay, i'm done.

Edited by caligirl50

I'm 45. I started watching the first season for 2 reasons: I love really bad reality shows and I kind of wanted to make fun of the dumb, peppy cheerleaders. Imagine my surprise when neither of these things were the case! I was hooked though. And so was my then 3-year old boy. He thought Gina Bechetti was "the most beautiful girl in the world" the season she was on. I have since watched every season and every episode. I find it fascinating to see the types of girls who try out. It's also fun to follow their journeys. I've rewatched every episode multiple times. In fact, last winter we were hit with brutal cold weather. Schools were cancelled and many places were closed. While sitting home for several days hinernating (with warm food in the slow cooker) I re-watched every season on the CMT website. It's fun to see the girls grow into women (Whitney Isleib was the perfect example of this). I have to say though that if Friday is the last episode, I will be so disappointed. It seems to me it usually goes through October. I feel like we are just starting to know the TCCs.

I should add I despise the Cowboys and am not a fan of cheerleaders in the NFL. But this show is so real (and as of yet I have not been disappointed with "reality" TV and its manipulation into a scripted show) and the girls are so compelling. And I completely agree with a previous poster that Kelli is a fascinating study of a smart business woman and Judi is fascinating in her own way, too. Love the clear friendship between these two (and Kitty too seems like she is a very interesting woman!)

Edited by GBPackersfan
  • Love 1

Ha!  I have to say that when I watched the Superbowl when Green Bay won, I was crying through the second half of the game.  The wanted it SO BAD and they were so beat up.  After half time, Charles Woodson was crying on sidelines with a broken collarbone, jumping up and down cheering on the team.  I was sobbing! 

The Cowboys, Green Bay, the Broncos and the Texans are my teams.

I generally dislike sports, especially football, but I do actually know the teams, just not anything specific about them.  I'd say the Seahawks, the Ravens and the Cowboys are the teams I like and primarily because watching the cheerleaders are infinitely more interesting then the players though sometimes I'll watch the game if the players are actually doing a good job of it.  I actually got to watch a Seahawks/Eagles game from the sidelines one year.  I REALLY wish I could remember more about that, but it was about 20 years ago.

• Love 1

Yay fellow Packers fans!! If you get a chance, go to itsaaron.com Our QB, Aaron Rodgers, visits unsuspecting kids to highlight various charities here in WI. The latest installment with a young lady named Annie particularly touched me. Aaron works with a local attorney to produce these and choose which charity he wishes to highlight.

Yay fellow Packers fans!! If you get a chance, go to itsaaron.com Our QB, Aaron Rodgers, visits unsuspecting kids to highlight various charities here in WI. The latest installment with a young lady named Annie particularly touched me. Aaron works with a local attorney to produce these and choose which charity he wishes to highlight.

That seems real and very nice of him. Props.

For once I enjoyed a trip to another website somebody here prompted. Usually my eyes bleed and it's some kind of clown horror thing, but this was heartwarming. Thanks.

I actually have pretty much no clue about football. I‘m from Germany, so while we do have football and cheerleading here, it‘s really not that big a deal. No one in my circle of friends or my family has even ever heard of the DCC and they think I‘m kind of weird for watching this show, but who cares... Some day I would really like to watch a cowboys game, even if I‘m really more interested in the cheerleaders

Not saying my name, but I'm from NYC and I'm the youngest person here it seems. I'm 24 years old and I'm a former cheerleader turned coach. I'm a Patriots fan although I root for the cowboys because of the cheerleaders and because I hate the NY Giants. I'm also a crazy runner which my job also focuses on, so I work out 5 days a week between my regular job and then my coaching jobs (I coach at 2 different schools). I'm into this show because I like watching the girls' journeys into the team and I love cheerleading. Although it's different than the kind that I do, it's still part of the same kind of world. 

• Love 2

I'll play. I'm from the West and work in entertainment. I actually used do some stuff in alternative programming (tv industry speak for reality shows) which was a blessing and a curse. I am quick to notice editing, staging for storyline purposes, etc. but also give cast members the benefit of the doubt because of such. I find the sociology of certain atypical people groups to be fascinating and love to immerse myself into their worlds to try to understand them. Hugh Hefner's girlfriends, fundamental Mormons, DCC, and sorority/fraternity life are some of my favorite subcultures.

Lastly, Kelli Finglass and I were in the same sorority (at different schools and during different years).

• Love 3

What does that mean Pink317? I am unfamiliar with sororities.

Sororities have national chapters kind of the like the "corporate office" and then local braches that are ran by the members. While each local chapter has its own unique vibe, the overall culture should be similar and the rituals are the same. So, while Kelli went to college in Texas many years before I was born, we are still sorority sisters in the sense that we went through the same initiation and rituals. 

Does that answer your question, Caligirl50?

Forgot to mention my age. I would be in the "senior citizen" DCC group aka 25-30.

Re: Dancing. I don't use their dances for exercise but try to master them for fun. I've learned Thunderstruck and most of Loud. The beginning of Loud is really tricky and super fast so I'm flailing around for the first 10 seconds LOL! I have not dared a jump split (gives me anxiety just thinking about it) but some times practice kicks just to keep up my flexibility.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 1