Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

• Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Contestant topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Past season topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics

...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Love 1
(edited)

Hopefully it won't be as "strict" over here.  We're all adults and should be able to police ourselves!  Who's excited for the new DCC:MTT season (I hope there is one but I'm hearing rumors there might not be)!!

Edited by lscobee

I posted a link to here in the DCC forum on TWoP soon as I found it.  Also suggested a few other forums from there be started here and once they were I've posted their link in the original TWoP one....:)

• Love 1

I will be coming back and forth.  May 31st is the last day over there, and training camp will be starting around that time.  Tryouts start on the 10th and the finals will be the following weekend.  Swimsuit calendar shoot will be at the end of April, plus the girls will be trying out the swimsuits in the next couple of weeks.

Here comes the snarking.

Welcome, all!  I'm going to be modding here for the time being.  Happy to meet you.  

I'm an old TWoPper, although I never hung out on the DCC boards, so I'm a rookie here.  I'll try not to get in the way.

Hopefully it won't be as "strict" over here.  We're all adults and should be able to police ourselves!  Who's excited for the new DCC:MTT season (I hope there is one but I'm hearing rumors there might not be)!!

So far we're trying to keep things fairly basic and hoping people will be mature adults.  As Dave likes to say, there are three basic rules that should cover most everything: 1) Don't be a jerk; 2) Don't spoil things for other people; 3) Find the right place to post.  If everyone abides by these we should all get along just peachy!

As to the speculation about a new season, see the thread I just renamed as "Season 9 Spoilers"--there's a post or two there with evidence that another season is imminent.

Guys, the last three posts were all about the show itself, which should not be in the Small Talk thread (see explanation pinned at the top of this thread).  So I moved them all into a newly created "General Discussion" thread.  Please feel free to hop over there and talk about the show to your heart's content.  You can also start discussions about more specific things (particular people, parts of the show, etc.) in the more specific topic threads.

Please reserve this thread for off-topic chatter, introductions, etc.  Thanks.

I am glad I found this although I may be overwhelmed with all the threads!!  I was on TWOP as DCC Watcher but changed jobs so was doing more lurching than ever posting lately.  I am looking forward to seeing how the DCC calendar that we voted on comes out.

I'm so happy!  For some reason I was never able to register on TWOP even though I read all the time and wanted to chime in!  I know no one in real life who watches the show, and everyone thinks I am weird with my DCC calendars and Friday night fix.  I'm so glad there is going to be another season. 

HI everybody! I used to read TWoP all the time too - glad I can chime in on this site!  I agree with Elizabeth9, NO ONE in my world watches the show, and no one understands the Friday night fix.  Glad to finally "meet" you all!

The last several posts were about the show itself, and so don't belong in the Small Talk thread.  I have moved each to the appropriate thread (mostly to thread about past contestants, which seems to be the topic in question).

Well, I have just been told that CRICKET features cheerleaders now. Cricket seems entirely too mellow for such a thing, but nevertheless, here is a sample. I guess you could go here if you've tried out for every other team in sports? At around 2:00, you will see one of the worst kick lines ever.

This is the first time I've seen an up close picture of the DCC Barbie. I wonder why she's looking off to the side. Is that a normal Barbie thing now? And I just found out the dolls aren't posable. Is that a thing they do with collectible dolls?

There's a website with descriptions of the three dolls and describes the hispanic and african american dolls as each having one bent arm and one straight arm, while the blonde doll has two straight arms. Funny that two of the dolls are identified by race/ethnicity, but they carefully avoid calling the other one white barbie or caucasian barbie.

And finally, it appears that mattell is no longer selling the barbies, but you can still get it other places.

Wow, Kelsi has treated another group of DCC to trip, this time to her home in Minnesota. Last time it was to her family house in Aspen on her daddy's plane. I think Kelsi and Jordan appear to come from $$$

I like that they love to share what they have with others.

I've had dreams where I was on the field and couldn't remember what to do.  Which is what would happen in real life!  I tried out for drill team in high school and didn't even go to the final tryout because I couldn't remember the routine.

The only time I had a dream anything close to that was that I was in Semis and learning the routine then looking over and seeing Mama June from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" there.  Don't know how she made it to Semis but there she was (and no she didn't make the team and boy was she mad!).  LOL

I find this photo very disturbing. I don't mind the DCC being sex objects and wearing very little, because that is their job. But this photo brings home the idea that they're teaching little girls to admire and aspire to be like little sex symbols too, and that depresses me. The junior dcc outfits should be more covered up than the revealing outfits worn by the adults.

https://twitter.com/DCC_Jasmine/status/489791371218124800

• Love 2
(edited)

I find this photo very disturbing. I don't mind the DCC being sex objects and wearing very little, because that is their job. But this photo brings home the idea that they're teaching little girls to admire and aspire to be like little sex symbols too, and that depresses me. The junior dcc outfits should be more covered up than the revealing outfits worn by the adults.

https://twitter.com/DCC_Jasmine/status/489791371218124800

What exactly is the purpose of Junior DCC camp?  For stage mothers grooming their daughters to be future DCCs?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
(edited)

The only time I had a dream anything close to that was that I was in Semis and learning the routine then looking over and seeing Mama June from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" there.  Don't know how she made it to Semis but there she was (and no she didn't make the team and boy was she mad!).  LOL

That is awesome!!! I would love to have that kind of dream--never have had one of being DCC, but i did have 2 or 3 dreams where i went out with Elvis,(and i wasn't  a big Elvis fan at all, but really got to know and like him through the dreams!)  ROFL.  My daughter told me she had a dream that Elvis came to the door,and asked for me, and she told him he couldn't see me because I was pregnant.  He left, and i haven't seen him since.  :D

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 1

Note from the Mod:  No one is in trouble, but I have moved some of the posts on this thread. I know it is hard to figure out where posts go into which appropriate thread. If anyone has a question or a concern please feel free to send a PM to me at anytime.