Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Thankfully, I wasn't either, but they're absolutely hilarious. 

I'll have to watch it later!

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Moni, they should have you out at the star because you're obviously the DCC's biggest fan

Amen to that!  I used to think that they could (not that they should, mind you) invite any one of us who regularly post on these boards out for a VIP tour, and to guest judge at auditions.  But Moni really deserves it more than anyone else.  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2017 at 2:27 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I am from Minneapolis, and Mary Tyler Moore, whose show was in Minneapolis, and of whom we have a statue on Nicollet Mall where she tossed her hat in the air, died today, January 25th, 2017. After a 12 year journey through beauty school (it's a long, kind of sad story), today, January 25th 2017, I passed my state boards, impossibly. I fully credit MTM as my guardian angel. Time to have a cocktail and be happy.

SO HAPPY FOR YA, HONEY!!!!!!

On 1/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, ByTor said:

My mother is a huge fan of Mary's apartment in that house, she always says that is the perfect apartment for a single woman.

She needed a bedroom.  

On 1/26/2017 at 11:02 AM, Oranaiche said:

Thanks friend. ? It was really bad at one point and my hairstylist, who is wonderful and has been cutting my hair for ten years, really had to be creative to cover up my bad spots. Now you wouldn't know by just looking at me, but if I flip my part over I have a small little spot. It's annoying and dealing with the short regrowth sucks sometimes, but it is what it is. I'm not ashamed at all and I don't really think I'm cray cray, but I just have to laugh about it sometimes.

For brows and lashes try ReVitaLash. It really works and isn’t harsh like Latisse or whatever it is called.

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Thanks woman!! I surely appreciate that! When it's complete I shall photograph it in all its neurotic splendor!

Looks great!!!!  You have to send to Kelli and Judy.  We should all do a search and try to find their email addresses.

7 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

For brows and lashes try ReVitaLash. It really works and isn’t harsh like Latisse or whatever it is called.

I'll definitely let my mom and sister know. I don't pull my brows/lashes though. Just the hair on my head. ??

• Love 1

My friend who is in school for nursing had her first clinical yesterday and she wouldn't go in the room. She's been working at a doctor's office for years, it's not much different at a hospital. She's silly.

No she is not silly as in the doctor's office they are generally fully clothed, not that sick, aren't vomiting or needing to be cleaned up from an explosive diarrheal stool.  She may have thought it wouldn't be much different from "tv nursing" or the doctor's office.  Nursing isn't for everyone and we need to support people as they make that decision.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

My friend who is in school for nursing had her first clinical yesterday and she wouldn't go in the room. She's been working at a doctor's office for years, it's not much different at a hospital. She's silly.

No she is not silly as in the doctor's office they are generally fully clothed, not that sick, aren't vomiting or needing to be cleaned up from an explosive diarrheal stool.  She may have thought it wouldn't be much different from "tv nursing" or the doctor's office.  Nursing isn't for everyone and we need to support people as they make that decision.

I support her wholeheartedly...I wasn't necessarily meaning "she's silly" that was more of an inside joke between us. I was a medical assistant for almost 4 years and my sister is a nurse so I know how hard the profession is which is why I didn't want to continue as a nurse. I give her mad props for wanting to do it cause I didn't want that responsibility.

Edited by heatherrrrz

I suggest going to the doctor to be checked out. Are you on a physical therapy exercise program at home? You may be sleeping more because it is winter time, and people can get more tired and want to sleep more due to the cold and because it gets dark earlier in the evening. I have been dealing with multiple health issues for the last four years (long story involving a chronic thyroid condition and treatment/medication and two years of the wrong med dosage by an out of town quack), and now some fun stomach digestion issues. *joy* *joy*

I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea in August 2015, and I use a CPAP machine at night. I can fall asleep at a drop of a hat at times. It was scary because I thought I was having panic attacks while I was sleeping, but I stopped breathing and was afraid to go back to sleep because it felt like I could not catch my breath and my heart stopped for a few seconds. Imagine my surprise when my Sleep Study Test showed I was stopped breathing an average of 36 times a hour and my oxygen levels dropped down to 80. *yikes*

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm just going to whine and cry like a little bitch and then I'll get over it. Feel free to keep scrolling.

In the last four months, the more I move, the worse I feel. I walk several times a day (have to-dogs), I've been working on the house, I've been going to physical therapy, I don't eat perfectly 100% of the time. But I try to include as many vegetables as I can, lots of lean protein, and portion control. And water. I've been working on my house for three hours today and I'm in so much pain I could cry. And the weirdest thing.... I CAN'T SWALLOW! LMAO! I'm constantly almost choking on like, a fucking DRINK of water!

I *HATE* it when people go on the internet and bitch about how shitty they feel. No one cares, that's what doctors are for dum dum. And I'll go. But I just wonder, has anyone else ever felt this way? I'm beginning to really think there's something wrong. I took two naps yesterday and then slept for ten hours last night. I could go back to bed right now. And sometimes I can't sleep for days. Sorry. I just had to get it out to friends. And I consider you my friends. OK, sucking it up again.

Oh Moni, I feel for you. Now, I am not a doctor but you having trouble swallowing is concerning. I am relieved you are smart and going to see a Doctor. 

I hope you feel better soon. I just want you to know that your comical comments make me laugh out loud every time I come to this site. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Oh Moni, I feel for you. Now, I am not a doctor but you having trouble swallowing is concerning. I am relieved you are smart and going to see a Doctor.

Same.  I'd think the sleeping thing could be from stress, but the swallowing really should be checked out.  Good luck and good health, @QuiteContraryMoni!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm just going to whine and cry like a little bitch and then I'll get over it. Feel free to keep scrolling.

In the last four months, the more I move, the worse I feel. I walk several times a day (have to-dogs), I've been working on the house, I've been going to physical therapy, I don't eat perfectly 100% of the time. But I try to include as many vegetables as I can, lots of lean protein, and portion control. And water. I've been working on my house for three hours today and I'm in so much pain I could cry. And the weirdest thing.... I CAN'T SWALLOW! LMAO! I'm constantly almost choking on like, a fucking DRINK of water!

I *HATE* it when people go on the internet and bitch about how shitty they feel. No one cares, that's what doctors are for dum dum. And I'll go. But I just wonder, has anyone else ever felt this way? I'm beginning to really think there's something wrong. I took two naps yesterday and then slept for ten hours last night. I could go back to bed right now. And sometimes I can't sleep for days. Sorry. I just had to get it out to friends. And I consider you my friends. OK, sucking it up again.

Yikes. You need to see a doctor.  Not swallowing is alarming.

• Love 1

Well, I hope this cracks you up because I laughed so hard when this happened that my cat meowed at me, angrily, for disturbing her slumber. The following is a recollection of true events...dun, dun, dun...

My sister keeps telling me to follow The Krazy Coupon Lady on Facebook. I didn't know that it was spelled Krazy with a K so in the search I typed in Crazy. And guess who's name popped up???

Shelbi Crawford. Is Facebook trying to tell us something? Honestly, I have never Ever searched for her. Weird, right? I believe in signs but I don't know what this means. I wonder if she is going to try out again? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Thanks friends. I shall see a qualified practitioner and I'm sure I'm just aging! I'd put on my "big girl panties" but honestly, they're all I own.

Panties or no panties, please go to an ER if you keep getting these symptoms.  Yes, I'm a nag and I won't apologize for it!

1 minute ago, TiaGrace said:

Shelbi Crawford. Is Facebook trying to tell us something? Honestly, I have never Ever searched for her. Weird, right? I believe in signs but I don't know what this means. I wonder if she is going to try out again? 

I think she burned that bridge to the ground!

• Love 1

Help!  I don't know what I just watched.  If anyone has seen the show Flesh and Bone, it's very . . . interesting and it's very dark.  One of the good things is that it pairs up Ethan Steifal and Sasha Radetsky again, but I'm not sure if brain bleach is a good investment or not.  I love the dancing, but still . . . *blinks slowly*  I normally will watch anything with ballet, but there are just some things I not sure about with this one.  Has anyone else seen it?  Beware, it's DEFINITELY not for the under-18 crowd.  I'm 38 and I'm not sure I'M ready for it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Help!  I don't know what I just watched.  If anyone has seen the show Flesh and Bone, it's very . . . interesting and it's very dark.  One of the good things is that it pairs up Ethan Steifal and Sasha Radetsky again, but I'm not sure if brain bleach is a good investment or not.  I love the dancing, but still . . . *blinks slowly*  I normally will watch anything with ballet, but there are just some things I not sure about with this one.  Has anyone else seen it?  Beware, it's DEFINITELY not for the under-18 crowd.  I'm 38 and I'm not sure I'M ready for it.

I honestly loved it, but I'm a weirdo. The ending is a real jaw dropper if you make it that far.

12 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm sending you the biggest hug and my best thoughts, and I wish I could think of something clever and funny and encouraging to say to get you to go in and talk to your doctor.  Not because you are a dum dum but because I just love your snark and can't stand to think that you're in this kind of pain.  You need to get it checked out lady, so you can get back to working comfortably on your be-DCC-azzled shower curtains *hugs*

• Love 1

I'm tired of listening to Mila Kunis's voice. That is all.

Wat? What are you even watching/listening to?

I'm worn out. This drunk guy has been in my store every day for the past five days and I had to call security on him today, and they in turn called the cops on him. Siiiigh. This is gonna be a long one.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

what if I did something like THIS with hot pink, silver and navy glitter flecks OVER the navy blue countertop and then seal with a clear coat?! Opinions???

you're putting out a question of to glitter or not to glitter to an audience that includes a passionate lover of unicorns?

This inquiry gets my very best Melissa Rycroft "puh-LEASE" ?

• Love 2

Moni, if you're having trouble swallowing make sure you get thyroid tests. That's how I found out I had a goiter cause I was having trouble swallowing and collars annoyed my neck.

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@raindancer TOTALLY agree!! Excellent point.

@heatherrrrz That's exactly what I'm thinking.....thyroid! I'm having my levels checked. Every single woman in my family on one side has SOME sort of thyroid issue and I have been spared thus far, so perhaps it's time!

Once they test your levels and if they are high, they'll send you for an ultrasound probably. 

11 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I *LOATHE* having things on my neck. I feel like I'm choking. I cut the collars off of all my sweatshirts. People think I'm going for the Flashdance look (which I'm fine with) but I just can't stand it.

Yeah, that was how I was until I started medication for my thyroid

No shit?? Wow. So does it make weight management hard?

Yeah, it's so hard to lose weight with thyroid issues. I've been going to the gym at least twice a week and trying to eat healthier to see if that will help. I got meds from my doctor for weight loss but they made me feel weird so I stopped them.

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yeah, I was prescribed a medication for weight loss and I *HATED* it. It was supposed to help with blood sugar levels but the side effects were intolerable. If she gave me anything that made me feel "speedy" I wouldn't even touch it. I loathe that feeling.

Yeah, there's a weight loss center near my job that I might go to for help. I want to feel better about myself for my vacation.

I understand. My friend (she's in her 60s) had INCREDIBLE success on slimgenics. I just can't imagine eating broccoli for breakfast lol.

Same. That's my only gripe with weight loss centers. I want to be able to eat the food I like.

Years ago, I tried Jenny Craig. HORRIBLE. In my opinion, chicken should not keep well in a plastic bag in the cupboard. Gross. Can you imagine all the frankenfood in their stuff?? BLECH!

Ew in the cupboard? that's disgusting.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

dude go see a doctor ASAP!  do you have insurance?  The inability to swallow is concerning (in my non-medical opinion).  Please go see doc!

• Love 1

I was thinking of NutrySystem. And yes. The "hamburger" patty is FREEZE DRIED! The "chicken" alfredo is stored in a single serve bag (and I mean SINGLE) and you nuke it. The "eggs" were powdered weirdness that you add water to and then nuke. SO gross. Why not just eat egg whites?! The real deal?! They're cheaper and REAL. Never again.

yuck. Reminds me of eggs in a bottle that are disgusting.

My friend did / does weightwatchers - the points system.  Bad thing is you need to do it yourself and be accountable.  On the program, you can eat whatever you want and whenever you want as long as you stay within your points allotment.  She wants to eat whatever she wants but doesn't want to have to count and track (finds it tedious).  Needless to say she's lost no weight and if anything, may have gained a couple pounds.  Sigh.

Another thing about WW that I don't like is its lack of ethic or diverse foods.  It's almost meant for people who eat only "American".

• Love 1

I forgot the name of the place by my work but it's not one of those chain ones like weight watchers or jenny craig. It's more of a medical weight loss center who has food. I know someone who works here did their program and lost like 60 pounds.

Going into my fourth week back on the carb cycling train and my pants are falling offff today!! Eating about 2000 calories a day and yesterday was a carb day...had over 100 g of carbs a couple of hours before bed and still woke up with abs! WOOT. my challenge group ends in a couple weeks but def going to keep up with it in some form up because i'm never eating anything gross and the progress made is so addicting! 

• Love 2

I was thinking of NutrySystem. And yes. The "hamburger" patty is FREEZE DRIED! The "chicken" alfredo is stored in a single serve bag (and I mean SINGLE) and you nuke it. The "eggs" were powdered weirdness that you add water to and then nuke. SO gross. Why not just eat egg whites?! The real deal?! They're cheaper and REAL. Never again.

I did that. The thing I REALLY disliked most was this dry cup of "stuff" for lunch where you'd add hot water.  It never really "cooked" and was just...well...not pleasant.  Plus, I didn't like how many additional foods you needed to buy (like fruits and vegetables).  Nutri System is expensive enough, but then I had to buy regular groceries too.  I'm with you & the "never again" sentiment.

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lauren tell me your wayssss. I made such a good dinner last night, not sure how many calories it was though.

A great resource is myfitnesspal.com.  Put in any recipe, the number of servings, and it does the calorie count for you. Plus, when you go to add an ingredient, the database is enormous, it includes all kinds of brands, including various store brands.  If you sign up, you can even keep a food diary.

Edited by ByTor

I could add a lot here about the difference between Weight Watchers and Nutri-System but I won't.  Y'all don't need me to be a spokesperson for one over the other.  Let's just say I've heard TOO many bad things about Nutri-System to EVER recommend it to any one.

• Love 2

honestly ladies, look at slimming world! It's the best plan I've ever been on. I'm never hungry and can still eat the stuff I like (within reason). Limits the amount of processed crap, no stupid meal replacements and no starving all the time. It's the best!! 

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lauren tell me your wayssss. I made such a good dinner last night, not sure how many calories it was though.

Well it definitely takes some planning and consistency with logging stuff on my fitness pal - but once you've done it for a couple of weeks you get better at knowing what you can eat on certain days.  My plan (and there are all types) right now has three low carb days a week, on those days it's 50 net carbs (fiber and sugar alcohols don't count towards carbs) but you still try to hit your calorie goal (so it's lots of healthy fats and protein) and do sprints/cardio (to pull energy from fat stores instead of ingested carbs).  Then on high carb days I hit my calorie goal with 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30% protein and the workouts are weight lifting (all the extra carbs then go to muscle growth).  I know it sounds overwhelming but I love that it mixes up my workouts and some days I can enjoy fruits, popcorn, etc. and others I can enjoy peanut butter and cheese lol.  It's nice to be able to eat like 2000 calories too and still lose weight, even on my rest days; I can't believe I ever starved myself on like 1400 and did cardio for 2 hours.  YIKES.  

23 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

SO! BATHROOM UPDATE! I have three coats of navy chalkboard paint on the counter top and it's a snooze fest, so I says to myself, SELF.....what if I did something like THIS with hot pink, silver and navy glitter flecks OVER the navy blue countertop and then seal with a clear coat?! Opinions???

glitter.JPG

It’s very sparkly and dramatic!!!!

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

i do! i love it but then it's all I've ever know so...LOL

haha I've known Sprint before the iphone and ATT ever since I got my first iphone. My sister has a discount with AT&T for her work but idk how much it is compared to mine with Verizon.

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think it probably all depends on where you live and what main coverage area is? I live in a largely Verizon area so i've never had issues, no complaints.  

Honestly I have no clue, everyone either has AT&T or Verizon here. There's hardly any T-Mobile or Sprint stores anymore

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Anyone on verizon? I get a discount with work and am considering switching.

I am.  I used to have Sprint (the coverage was terrible and I lost my signal all the time), AT&T (too expensive), and Cingular (but then they were taken over by AT&T).  I like Verizon just fine.