Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: In A Family Way

I actually liked Taylor this week. The no ma'am thing was pretty funny. I've started saying no sir to hubby in response to things he's doing or done. She tripped me out with all of that hairspray. Girl, are you trying to kill the ozone?

Maneka and Mayur. He had to leave their reception for business? Dude, you couldn't set one night aside for your wife and her family? He only seems interested in himself.

Vicki seems depressing. She dresses in all black or grey and looks completely unimpressed with everything. At 21, I don't remember being that devoid of life. Ben is annoying man child. They probably are living off savings/parents. I doubt the stipend for this show is very much, and it's possible that they didn't get paid until after the episodes aired. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I actually liked Taylor this week. The no ma'am thing was pretty funny. I've started saying no sir to hubby in response to things he's doing or done. She tripped me out with all of that hairspray. Girl, are you trying to kill the ozone?

Maneka and Mayur. He had to leave their reception for business? Dude, you couldn't set one night aside for your wife and her family? He only seems interested in himself.

Vicki seems depressing. She dresses in all black or grey and looks completely unimpressed with everything. At 21, I don't remember being that devoid of life. Ben is annoying man child. They probably are living off savings/parents. I doubt the stipend for this show is very much, and it's possible that they didn't get paid until after the episodes aired.

Edited by AussieBabe

AussieBabe: How would you feel at age twenty-one when your husband & his family demand you give up any career you planned on after graduating from college & instead stay home, cook, clean, do laundry, raise your multitude of children, cater to your husband & attend services at the synagogue? I briefly worked with a lovely, twenty year old Jewish girl from an Orthodox family, whose mother phoned her constantly, trying to force her into quitting her job, so mama could marry her off to a slew of potential husbands she had, including a Jewish law student,a medical student & a rabbinical student, so her daughter could start having babies before she got any older! 

First Taylor's makeup in that picture looks very toned down and a lot better than what we saw most of the show. Earrings are a bit much though but whatever. Hopefully she is the more the fun side than the bitchy side when working. LOL Waiting on those that have watched the show and end up flying with her as one of the attendants and what they have to say. 

No surprise on Ben not really doing business. What the heck kind of crap was he trying to do to begin with? Dude needs to get a damn clue and grow the heck up!! I'd love to know what he was going to college for if this is what he is trying to do for business. Seems Vicki had a plan and probably knew what she wanted to be but with marrying man child Ben and how their religion seems to be, I can't see her doing anything more in life unless she sets herself free. She looked miserable most the show. I think the only time we saw her really truly smile and laugh was when with friends. Only time I can remember her do those things with Ben was with having him put the wig on and she smiled a couple times at their wedding that we saw. All I know is I couldn't live that life. I have stayed home with our kids mind you but I am not miserable and don't have my husband controlling my every move or emotion. We have our playful moments and we have our times we aren't. There is a balance in our lives with it all. If Ben doesn't learn how to have that balance and not be such a little boy all the time she will get tired of it and hopefully walk away. 

honeydo7, not sure how the lady you worked with handled it but at least it sounds like she did what was making her happy before she settled down and had kids. At that age, most do not want to get married but just live their lives and are still learning the way of the world or in college. Its just to young to be married IMO. So good for her and any others that stand up for themselves in situations where others are trying to force things like this on them at young ages. 

Ben is incredibly annoying. Adults who cannot or will not act like adults are not cute to me. If I had the misfortune of spending any time with Ben, I'd be compelled to spike his beverages with Benadryl.  

• Love 2

Not sure if anyone posted these before. Here are are a couple of links:

Ben’s fraternity rush video (he makes an appearance lip synching but that’s about all):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHonJt7ZNs

This is some acting scene or something from 2014 so he had practice to act for the Arranged show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm_GUbbgtak

A high school skit video. Ben makes an appearance at about 1:56 in and then later as a newscaster so he was obviously into acting long before this show. Wow. And I thought the 2 Ms were the only true actors in this show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l4AwlMIjKA

On 7/15/2016 at 2:54 PM, Passthepopcorn said:

Taylor's Mom completely insensitive response about David's grieving for his father made my blood freeze.

If the fertility problems and cancer cells are a true story, I'm sorry for Taylor or anybody who has to go through something like that. But the fact the she marries someone without disclosing this is absolutely unacceptable. If he really loves you, he will still say yes to getting married, but to "cheat" him into marrying you without knowing is a deal breaker move.

He lost his father who he adored and she says to put on your big girl panties? What an disrespectful witch. Also, how inappropriate for her mother to ask what the problem is. He had a hard enough time opening up to Taylor about the issue and for her not keep his confidence bothers me to no end. Taylor's mom doesn't need to know everything. Her mother irritates the hell out of me...giving her opinion and advice constantly. How about just listening to your daughter and that's it? Ugh. 

And yes, not discussing the possiblity of children was very cowardly. 

• Love 2

I absolutely agree. In my opinion, that comment by Taylor's mom was by far the worst thing that was said all season long. David clearly loved and misses his father a great deal. It was pure evil. And a good wife would have stopped her mother right in her tracks but not Taylor - she just smirked. I wanted to punch them both. 

• Love 1
On 7/13/2016 at 5:51 PM, kat12379 said:

I would hope that the next season of this show (if there is one) will include: 

a Fundamentalist Mormon couple from Utah

A Jewish couple born and raised in Boro Park, NY

An Indian couple where one of the spouses is flying in from India to get married to arranged partner

a strict Muslim couple whose families really arranged the marriage

Just throwing some ideas out there!

All of those would be more appropriate than "my brother set us up".  That's not 'arranged', it's 'dating'.  

Wish we could see more of Christian's mom and dad (from Season 1) making an arrangement for Christian's younger brother.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SillyOldClothCat said:

All of those would be more appropriate than "my brother set us up".  That's not 'arranged', it's 'dating'.  

Wish we could see more of Christian's mom and dad (from Season 1) making an arrangement for Christian's younger brother.  

For me I never want to see those people again. IMO they were pushing to try to get their own show. There is so much with them that disgusted me. I skipped all those little mini shows they were doing from all those couples. While they were the only ones that came off as arranged, they are just people I can do without seeing more of. It bugs me how they speak. I would rather we see different families if they are going to keep this show up and show truly arranged couples. Otherwise if they keep it up with more of the "meet through brother/friend/work" then this show is done. 

• Love 1

I would much rather watch Christian and Maria.  They were interesting at least. I want to see Peter being arranged and find out who the girl was he was on the phone with. The one he wants to be his wife. This season and the new couples bore me so much I have to half-watch while doing something else. It's SO awful.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2016 at 11:58 AM, IntoTheMystic said:

I would much rather watch Christian and Maria.  They were interesting at least. I want to see Peter being arranged and find out who the girl was he was on the phone with. The one he wants to be his wife. This season and the new couples bore me so much I have to half-watch while doing something else. It's SO awful.

I am just so totally disappointed in this season...the worst part was the night, my cable guide showed there would be one of those 5 minute catch up episodes with the couples from the first season...and much to my dismay, there was just a pitiful recap of this season's losers...

HOW did I miss the info that Ben was also was Seattle? That little bit of knowledge throws SO MUCH of that storyloine into the crapper!  Lies and bullshit, all of it...SO disappointed!

Manure and Maneedy - can not be gone soon enuf for me and PLEASE!!!!!!! NO FOLLOW UP!!!!!

Taylor and David - at this point, the only thing I am interested in hearing is that David has escaped and Taylor continues to spread her own special brand of cheer across the flight paths....and maybe snag herself another man who will be.....well...I really have NO idea what the fuck he'd need to be to have a successful marriage with her....she really does need to be taken down several pegs....for all of her supposedly over-the-top religious education she seems to have missed the verse that says pride goes before a fall....then again, she'd probably think that meant she was gonna stub her toe...

I guess my bad feelings about this season is that I had really hoped to get a true picture of Orthodox Judaism and I have come away feeling that any thing even remotely resembling that has been sorely missing....

Anybody know anything about Maria and Christian's baby?

In a sidebar not totally unrelated as it pertains to AAirlines...On my return from a recent trip, my flight from PHL to BGR had but one attendant - the plane was a CRJ, an American Eagle flight of the type I believe Taylor works...and...just before I nodded off for almost the entire flight ( I had been 'in transit' literally for 27 hours with no sleep and as soon as I had declined an in-flight drink, I fell asleep to awaken only when the 'boing' announcing the pre-landing buckle up sign was lit had sounded) I noticed that our sole attendant was a woman of more 'ample' proportions than usually comes to mind when thinking of flight attendants (female or male), but her uniform was properly fitted to her figure and her appearance definitely matched her professional and cordial demeanor. It was a stark contrast to some of the flight attendant uniforms I witnessed that day, particularly the VERY fitted red ones with (horrors!) peplums (dear gods, why?!?!?!) that stood out nearly horizontal on the more fully 'endowed' women who had to wear those monstrosities.  AA's true navy blue uniforms may seem a bit drab by comparison, but at least they don't subject the wearers to ridicule and/or pity.

• Love 1