Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Walls Of Jericho

The team travel to Vancouver on a mission to infiltrate a black-tie event, where they attempt to get close to General Davies for the purpose of preventing an impending animal threat. Meanwhile, Logan's loyalties come under question when his past comes back to haunt him, putting a hold on his journey with Jamie.

(edited)
On 7/11/2016 at 11:32 AM, Tara Ariano said:

The team travel to Vancouver on a mission to infiltrate a black-tie event, where they attempt to get close to General Davies for the purpose of preventing an impending animal threat. Meanwhile, Logan's loyalties come under question when his past comes back to haunt him, putting a hold on his journey with Jamie.

Who gives a damn about Logan ?  Nobody.  Jamie's journey is on hold.  Oh the humanity ?

So the world is going to hell with animal attacks, yet there are still black-tie events occurring.  Are they going to be attacked by a bunch of petulant penguins, who sneak into the event dressed as waiters ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

I hope the sloth gets his nasty, bloody revenge soon.  He was minding his own business!  How about tranquilizing an animal who's attacking? 

Jackson took his shirt off - yay! 

Biggest laugh is Jamie & Logan burning the money - no other choice!  As if they've been stranded in subzero weather for weeks or something.  Why did they leave shelter (for the second time now, Jamie!) when she is limping around, missing a toe? 

They're on the plane now??  I really must pay better attention.

• Love 3

Coordinated mole attacks !!  Earthquake-causing sloths !!!  Underground alligators in Vancouver !!

And now they are going to break into Reiden Global by stealing the heartprint of a scientist.  Because all heartprints are unique -- WTF ?

And much like the mutated animals, Oz has triple helix DNA now.  Where have I heard that before -- oh yeah Threshold  from 2005 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_(TV_series))

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought the moles and alligators were too much, but this cartoon showing the animals and the family stranded on the roof...with the gas...hahaha!!

Reiden Global is back and evil as ever!  Everyone has fancy party clothes stored on the plane?

Oh and they give the scientist a heart attack haha!

This show is batshit bonkers. 

10 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Because all heartprints are unique -- WTF ?

Check it out!

Oh and Jamie's at two now on her kill list - though this one was really self defense.  Here's Chloe appearing to a passed out Jamie - didn't Chloe appear to Jackson was he was passed out last season?  Is that her thing now?

Edited by raven
  • Love 5

Evil sloths and evil star nose moles. Okay show you got me again.

Why hasn't the UN put Global Reiden on trial for crimes for creating this mess in the first place? And how do we know that the evil General is really infected with the Animal mutation and this is an elaborate long con scheme to kill the human race?

Wait, is Chloe dead from the gas?

As long as I get at least one LOL per episode, I'm still in, and this week it was the appearance of the alligator to Billy Burke in the mole tunnel. 

9 minutes ago, redfish said:

...Wait, is Chloe dead from the gas?

First Chloe tells James Wolk "ILY, ILY, ILY," and then she sees Jaime's rock font Caraquet on her phone, so it was no surprise that her number was up. 

Spoiler

But then the promo monkeys show her getting revived, and it occurs to me that even if James Wolk was in love with me,  I would not swap saliva with him if he had the killer DNA strand.

I thought they specifically said that the gas only affected those with the mutation.  So, shouldn't Chloe be immune?  Or are they trying to say she had the mutation and didn't know it? Or she contracted the mutation thru the kiss with Jackson?

Maybe this is the plot twist that Global Reiden is planning to kill humans for their animal overlords.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just noticed the episode title is "The Walls Of Jericho," and now I'm picturing the moles in Middle Eastern garb following the gator around the building in circles chanting whatever makes the walls of evil doers come crashing down. You know, kind of like the musician mice hamsters in the Hundai Kia Soul commercials:

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, raven said:

I thought the moles and alligators were too much, but this cartoon showing the animals and the family stranded on the roof...with the gas...hahaha!!

That animation was comically bad.

So is Chloe Jamie's spirit guide ?

The timing of that wolf attack was rather convenient -- is Jamie somehow controlling the animals, and that's why they haven't been attacking her in the woods ?

Chloe and Dariela carrying that heavy gas cylinder -- in heels -- was comedy gold.  Because they deliberately showed them taking off their heels after the cylinder was punctured.

Funniest quote of the episode (I'm paraphrasing here)

Dariela: "Do moles make a noise ?"
Mitch: "They make a high-pitched squeaky sound -- something I've heard coming from Abe's bedroom recently."

Oh Mitch, don't you ever change.

It looks dire for Frenchy McBugEyes -- but come on, you just know she will pull through.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, raven said:

I hope the sloth gets his nasty, bloody revenge soon.  He was minding his own business!  How about tranquilizing an animal who's attacking? 

Jackson took his shirt off - yay! 

Biggest laugh is Jamie & Logan burning the money - no other choice!  As if they've been stranded in subzero weather for weeks or something.  Why did they leave shelter (for the second time now, Jamie!) when she is limping around, missing a toe? 

They're on the plane now??  I really must pay better attention.

They're going to drag the Jamie crap out, aren't they?  It made no sense at all to leave the shelter for this very reason just to wander around in the wilderness for who knows where.  You seem to be getting the gist of the show, it just doesn't make any sense.

58 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Coordinated mole attacks !!  Earthquake-causing sloths !!!  Underground alligators in Vancouver !!

And now they are going to break into Reiden Global by stealing the heartprint of a scientist.  Because all heartprints are unique -- WTF ?

And much like the mutated animals, Oz has triple helix DNA now.  Where have I heard that before -- oh yeah Threshold  from 2005 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_(TV_series))

Last week they did the moving river like ABC's The River's cliffhanger ending and now this.  So they're rehashing cancelled shows, I guess.

Killer Sloths!

I thought zebras would be good, but a sloth! If only they had shown the sloth actually being killer-y (to borrow some Mitch parlance). I think being chased by a mutant killer sloth would be epic. "Oh God, it's almost on us... do we have time for a spot of tea or maybe brunch?"

The graphic the general showed for how the plane would mix and deliver the gas was painfully bad even for this show. Its was like a little in-joke commentary about how bad the CGI animals are.

Jamie has an amputated toe but doesn't seem to be in much pain. Which, I guess might make sense if it really was as cold as they pretended and her foot was frozen. But eventually she ended up in a friggin' RAIN FOREST where I'm surprised she wasn't eaten alive by killer mosquitoes. Eventually she needed to limp a little. (eyeroll). Even if by some miracle it didn't hurt like hell, not having a big toe would definitely affect your gait. We're kinds dependent on it. Don't get me started on how whashisname was able to swing a hatchet and chop off her toe at the base without any damage to her 2nd toe. When they did this recently in Roots, poor Kunta Kinte had most of his forefoot chopped off cause, you know... toes.

(BTW, for the poster upthread wondering why the gas affected Chloe... I think the MIXTURE of the 2 gases produced something that would create an effect only in mutated animals. The tank they were lugging around was the poison only)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, redfish said:

Maybe this is the plot twist that Global Reiden is planning to kill humans for their animal overlords.

Except for the cosmetic company scientists who will be locked in vises as various animals test out compounds to see if they sting or burn. 

• Love 3

I can't see rampaging sloths (there's a phrase you don't utter often!) as frontline soldiers in the Animal Army.  But a sloth sitting back smoking a cigar like Churchill would make for a good Animal Commander in Chief!

• Love 5

That alligator (!) in the Vancouver sewer was just beyond laughable.  "What is an African elephant doing in South America?"  "What is an alligator doing in Vancouver?"  I guess you just have to handwave it away, or assume that they escaped from zoos.  Never mind that it looked so fake, and there's no way that Mitch would have been able to backpedal his way away from it.  Alligators are fast.  The minute it appeared, it would have had Mitch between its jaws.

I'm not sure if Chloe's really dead or not, but I was hoping we could have lost Private Vasquez instead.  Chloe is hot, and Vasquez is... not.  I hate the clipped way she speaks and her tough gal, no nonsense tone.  "Jackson Oz, my testicles are larger than yours!"

Jamie and Logan.  Ohs nos!  They're in the forest!  Ohs nos, it's cold!  Let's burn the money!  Honestly, how cold does it really get in NEW BRUNSWICK anyways?  Enough to cause frostbite?  I think not.  Surely they could have survived for longer without burning the money.  It's not like they need fire to cook any food.  They could have just huddled together for warmth.  Instead, we were treated to these entirely too dark scenes that drag down the show.  I couldn't care less about either of them.  I don't care about Jamie and her quest for Mitch, Caraquet, Logan or his leopard hunters, or what not.

My request... I want to see a killer giant panda on this show.

• Love 1

I didn't realize Pauline from Under The Dome worked in animation too.

Removing the high heels as soon as it turned into a gunfight added so much realism to this show that I now believe in Slothquakes.

• Love 4

Killer sloths. Oh, show. I adore your ability to think of totally harmless animals and give them weird abilities; maybe next week it'll be prairie dogs who fly.

They claimed in the ads that someone would die. I was just hoping it was Dariela.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, slothgirl said:

(BTW, for the poster upthread wondering why the gas affected Chloe... I think the MIXTURE of the 2 gases produced something that would create an effect only in mutated animals. The tank they were lugging around was the poison only)

Kuddos for making the effort to search AND find a rational explanation for something happening on this show!

Killer sloths - army of sonic moles - show, I love you so much!

It speaks to a whole new, higher level of mutation, because moles, they work alone. They only come together to procreate. Something we should all strive for.

We got to follow the moles to get the sloth.

Even for a half-man, that is a full bad idea.

If I were a four-star psychopath, where would I hide a sloth?

What do you know about "slipping a mickey"? Oh, I can slip a mickey, okay? I'm a doctor, for God's sake.

Also: the 2 million people who die due to project Noah will they die because of the mutation that makes them susceptible to TX-14. The rest of us however will starve. Once nobody's around to pollinate crops most of our plant-based food is gone and we can't slaughter any animals for food I'm not quite sure how we're going to make it. Yet, nobody seems to care. (Except Mitch who once mentioned bees, bats, butterflies , primates and plankton as essential to human survival but that was it.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

They claimed in the ads that someone would die.

As Dariela pounds on the door switch, and Chloe gasps out "Caraquet", Dariela stares blankly at her.  "Carrot Cake? What the hell does carrot cake have to do with anything?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I cannot say how much I wanted to see that sloth mutated into a superfast killing machine.

Moles rescuing a sloth has to be the most ummmmm 'original' idea ever (totally on a par with a sharknado at the very least).

I love this show in so many, many ways.

• Love 5

Wow, that alligator was the worst.  I think I've even seen Z-movies on Syfy, that had better effects then that thing.  They might as well have just chased Billy Burke around with a toy alligator: would have been just as effective.

It still amazes me that at certain points, a crazy revelation is revealed and one of these characters still ask a variation of "How is this possible?!/Can they do that?!/etc."  Really, guys?  At this point, y'all seen enough crazy shit to know that anything is possible.  Anything!  There is no logic or rules to these mutations.  The animals just change and do crazy shit.  Just accept it and quit questioning it.  Just be prepared.  This is probably heading towards something even crazier, like monkeys riding on top of zebras or rodents on eagles, diving bombing humans.  Give in to the craziness!

This Jamie stuff is so, so dull.  I'm not sure what the point of the entire thing is.  It probably doesn't help that I just don't care for the character or Logan.  Now had it been, say, Abe and Mitch stuck out in the wilderness and being chased by crazed animals and gunmen, I'd might find that a bit more entertaining.

The merry gang of idiots managed to stumble into Davies lair and destroy the plan to poison all the animals, but Chloe poisons herself in the process.  Whoops!  Bet Jackson ain't going to like that!

At least Dariela looked nice in that dress, but she's pretty just your run-of-the-mill badass, who talks tough and knows how to use a gun.  Not exactly the most original character out there.  And, unlike her, I actually want to hear everything about the time Mitch slipped a llama a Mickey.

They better bring back Earthquake Sloth!  He must have his revenge!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Who else kept thinking of the Mindy Moleford and the Molemen episode of The Tick?

Say...... we haven't had a mutated tick yet.

Ticks don't need to mutate.. they are already destroying us with Lyme. If they want to become more deadly, they can reproduce on a massive scale so that they're impossible to avoid. Then the rest of the animals can pick us off when we're debilitated from the Lyme disease.

Ok... that wouldn't be very dramatic though..

• Love 2

Just when I thought it could not get any better than killer beavers, the killer sloths arrive. Honestly are they just pulling animals out of a hat now? Because sloths just don't give a crap. They eat, sleep and procreate. That's pretty much it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Julie23 said:

Just when I thought it could not get any better than killer beavers, the killer sloths arrive. Honestly are they just pulling animals out of a hat now? Because sloths just don't give a crap. They eat, sleep and procreate. That's pretty much it.

But these are MUTATED sloths!

Or maybe their lazy snoring caused the earthquakes.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

And, unlike her, I actually want to hear everything about the time Mitch slipped a llama a Mickey.

Thanks for reminding me, the writers deserve an Emmy just for the line " So they teach mickey slipping in doctor school?"

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Julie23 said:

I wonder what the 'process' of the writers looks like. I think they use a manual of zoology as oracle, just  let it fall open several times and pick the animals on the respective pages for the episode they're about to write. They must have been totally excited when they got 'sloth' and 'mole' for this episode; 'wolf' and 'alligator' were probably greeted with a 'meh - do we really have to?'

• Love 3
11 hours ago, slothgirl said:

If they want to become more deadly, they can reproduce on a massive scale so that they're impossible to avoid.

Maybe they can fill an elevator!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Wait til' they get to Komodo Dragon.

"The Komodo Dragon is the largest member of the lizard family."

"Say, the Komodo Dragon is the largest member of the lizard family, isn't it?"  

• Love 1

The fun is not just in picking the right animal but also in giving them a freaking mutation. The wolves and the alligator got the short end of the stick we were never told if they even had a mutation as opposed to telepathy and err... whatever you call it when you can snore up an earthquake. Komodo Dragons are already potentially lethal so I'm afraid the writers won't feel the need to step up their game. But if they do I hope they won't go down the literal route and have them spit fire - something more creative would be nice. Super speed and adhesion ability for example. "Look up there's a Komodo Dragon on the ceiling - oh no, they're everywhere, run!"

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The fun is not just in picking the right animal but also in giving them a freaking mutation. The wolves and the alligator got the short end of the stick we were never told if they even had a mutation as opposed to telepathy and err... whatever you call it when you can snore up an earthquake. Komodo Dragons are already potentially lethal so I'm afraid the writers won't feel the need to step up their game. But if they do I hope they won't go down the literal route and have them spit fire - something more creative would be nice. Super speed and adhesion ability for example. "Look up there's a Komodo Dragon on the ceiling - oh no, they're everywhere, run!"

Still waiting for the killer zebras, mutation or no mutation.

I wonder if Mitch noticed if that alligator had the defiant pupil or not.  Or has this show just basically completely ditched that and running with the triple helix DNA ?

I think the defiant pupil joined that adorable dried prune aka the mother cell in its exile from the show. Triple helix is much cooler. Let's see how many close-ups we get of Mitch's face next week.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2016 at 1:33 PM, blackwing said:

Jamie and Logan.  Ohs nos!  They're in the forest!  Ohs nos, it's cold!  Let's burn the money!  Honestly, how cold does it really get in NEW BRUNSWICK anyways?  Enough to cause frostbite?  I think not.  Surely they could have survived for longer without burning the money.  It's not like they need fire to cook any food.  They could have just huddled together for warmth.

Or, you know, since they are in a goddamned forest, how about gathering some dry leaves, twigs and sticks for kindling, and dead branches for firewood. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Or, you know, since they are in a goddamned forest, how about gathering some dry leaves, twigs and sticks for kindling, and dead branches for firewood. 

To be fair, I think there was a line about how wet everything was.

• Love 1

Jamie's in New Brunswick???  Has it ever been addressed, then, why the guy who rescued her and brought her home didn't speak English?  Because I'm pretty sure they speak English there.  And if I missed the New Brunswick info, I probably also missed why she had to leave that house in the first place, leaving shelter and food, to wander around in the forest.  And where's the cougar??

I may be overthinking this.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Canada said:

Jamie's in New Brunswick???  Has it ever been addressed, then, why the guy who rescued her and brought her home didn't speak English? 

Sadly I remember this drove me crazy last season. All I could find out was that he spoke some sort of Inuit language, as for the reasons? Zoo-logic? (Even if Jaimie had ended up on tribal land or whatever it's called it still made no sense that he couldn't speak a single word of English.)

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Canada said:

...And where's the cougar??...

They brought back the cougar, but it didn't work because of the mutation, which was also a handy reason to ditch other first seaon plotholes, I guess, like the mother egg--or whatever it was called.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Canada said:

Jamie's in New Brunswick???  Has it ever been addressed, then, why the guy who rescued her and brought her home didn't speak English?  Because I'm pretty sure they speak English there.  And if I missed the New Brunswick info, I probably also missed why she had to leave that house in the first place, leaving shelter and food, to wander around in the forest.  And where's the cougar??

I may be overthinking this.

She's definitely in New Brunswick, as we are constantly reminded by the block letter graphic "New Brunswick, Canada" whenever the show shifts to her storyline.  New Brunswick is a maritime province, basically right next to Maine.   While I am sure it gets snow in the winter, this show is acting like Jamie is in the Arctic.  I initially thought she was in the Arctic because of the First Nations guy that didn't speak English, and then there was the fact that it is apparently cold enough to give her frostbite.

As far as the leopard... all that work to get that stupid leopard and the cure didn't even work.  There was a throwaway line that explained it away.  And we never even saw it again.  So those guys that Logan was supposedly flying that were after the leopard were also doing it all for nought.  I agree that it was a convenient way to just start over and do whatever they want.  I miss seeing that mother cell in the bank teller drive through window tube.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

As far as the leopard... all that work to get that stupid leopard and the cure didn't even work.  There was a throwaway line that explained it away.  And we never even saw it again.  So those guys that Logan was supposedly flying that were after the leopard were also doing it all for nought.  I agree that it was a convenient way to just start over and do whatever they want.  I miss seeing that mother cell in the bank teller drive through window tube.

You know what this means?  They can't cure Jackson.  If they cure Jackson then there 'the mutation is mutating' explanation no longer works and the show has to end.  They can't find a cure for humans.  I bet Jackson ends up with some immunity or partial cure or animal personality trait (maybe the dog that bit him was part golden retriever) that leaves him loyal to the team but with adamantium claws or something.

18 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

You know what this means?  They can't cure Jackson.  If they cure Jackson then there 'the mutation is mutating' explanation no longer works and the show has to end.  They can't find a cure for humans.  I bet Jackson ends up with some immunity or partial cure or animal personality trait (maybe the dog that bit him was part golden retriever) that leaves him loyal to the team but with adamantium claws or something.

Maybe Jackson will turn into Manimal -- even that show was better than this.

• Love 1

But remember Jackson's not the only one on his way to merry mutant land - over two million people seem to be affected (we will not discuss how evil general knows about that). They must come up with a mutation to unmutate the mutation that keeps mutating.

• Love 2

I don't think they need to find a solution to stop the mutating.  The mutating is the only thing that lets the team win without actually winning.  They are super duper compared to everyone else but miss saving the world by thismuch so there can be another season.

I personally think the mutation will keep mutating and the animals will split into factions.  The herbivores will want to kill all the unmutated people.  The carnivores will realize they can't kill the entire food source.  The omnivores will negotiate the peace between the factions and come up with a solution that confines the unmutated to farms and slaughter houses.  Jackson will get a cure that halts the mutation from a rare something that is only good for one person.

In other news, something about the preview made me think fire breathing bears this week.  So I will probably be disappointed with the next episode.