Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Episode 4

French police notice occasional vibrations on the live stream, which they determine (via audio analysis) are passing trains. They narrow his location to two cold stores. Karl and Elise search for what turns out to be the correct location. Armed police attempt to apprehend the Truth Terrorist. 

It's fascinating and well acted, but half the time I have no idea what's connected to what and how ... did the very very cold old man (Delplanque)survive?

Spoiler

no

The wannabe samurai is apparently nutso but the young woman appears to not be in danger (or fully competent)  

discovered that plot summaries are available on wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tunnel_(TV_series)  (hope it's okay to copy/paste/link -- very helpful to have give characters NAMEs  since I tend to think of the main characters by the actor's name

Spoiler

""The Truth Terrorist demands that the businesspeople make a significant donation to charity. Jubert, one of those named, investigates her husband's death and discovers that he had a second family. Charlotte agrees to pay on everyone's behalf to eliminate all trace of Alain. Meanwhile, French police notice occasional vibrations on the livestream, which they determine (via audio analysis) are caused by passing trains. They narrow Delplanque's location to two cold stores. Karl and Elise search what turns out to be the correct location, but the Truth Terrorist subdues Karl and shoots several police officers in effecting his escape. Delplanque has already died by the time he is located, but the runaway couple are found alive. Elise suspects that the Truth Terrorist may know Karl because Karl has recently had a vasectomy and the Truth Terrorist kicked him in the groin. In the UK, Sophie starts to believe that Benji is mentally ill when she finds a cupboard full of unused prescription drugs. It is also hinted that Benji intends to go on a samurai-style suicide mission, later wielding a katana provided by the Truth Terrorist, who has been grooming him."" 

• Love 1

Guess Karl and his wife didn't realize there can still be live bullets in the chamber even though you've been snipped, takes a while for all the swimmers to be taken out of the stream.

Or they partied recklessly before the clipping.

• Love 1

I mostly wanted to slap Sophie awake. How stupid do you have to be to voluntarily stay with an obvious nut job who locks you in? I assume this subplot will tie into the main story at some point so I'm reluctant to completely fast-forward, but it's very tedious.

Sophie's mother is an negligent nut job.

And her father is weak and negligent.

The samurai was at least welcoming and made no demands on her.

The fact that he had no recall who she was didn't concern her since he didn't ask her to leave.

He did promise her big doings tomorrow so some action in this story line next week.