Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: El Valero

• Start Topic

Why a dog, Tulip? I know he was going to be put down anyway, but that was sad.

"Sunscreen and a sandwich, boys. We're gonna be here a while."  "We're going to be making a daylight assault, over open ground, against an expert marksman, in an elevated positon. So what I'm saying is....drink lots of water."  

I'm so, so happy Jackie Earle Haley got his second act.

• Love 8

I should probably steer clear of Texas altogether. Or is Annville a giant stereotype? I mean, picnics during a siege? Am I being too big a Yankee bastard about this?

Nice way to counter Genesis. Honestly thought Whashisface had killed himself. Turned out he just sacrificed his hearing. Nice to think long-term.

• Love 2

I really disliked this episode. Jesse's a wuss. Tulip fed a dog to the damn vampire. The damn vampire ate the poor doggie. The Meat God worshiper just needs to die in agony already. Normally, having the entire family wiped out would make me feel some compassion for a character. However, I'm thinking it was God saving the family from the Meat God worshiper.

I really don't like anybody on this show.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, mustbekarma said:

I really disliked this episode. Jesse's a wuss. Tulip fed a dog to the damn vampire. The damn vampire ate the poor doggie. The Meat God worshiper just needs to die in agony already. Normally, having the entire family wiped out would make me feel some compassion for a character. However, I'm thinking it was God saving the family from the Meat God worshiper.

I really don't like anybody on this show.

I really like the "angels" and (poor doggy notwithstanding) Cassidy.

• Love 3

The only reason I watched this week was to see if Jesse could bring back Eugene.  He didn't, they brought in even more unpleasant folks AND murdered an innocent loving dog who thought he had found his forever home with someone who would play ball and cuddle.  Didn't Tulip break into a pharmacy already?  Why couldn't break into a blood bank for the vampire?!!  I'm out -- no more Preacher for me!

• Love 5

Brewster!!! *sniffle*

But...he was going to be put down...he was going to be put down...he was going to...

How many times do I repeat this to myself before I feel better about it? I know I get Cassidy back...but...Brewster!!

This episode didn't do much for me, but I'm looking forward to next week.

• Love 2

I felt dumb because I had no idea what what Tulip was doing with the dog until she put him inside the room. I feel conflicted, but I'm glad Cassidy is back and that Tulip considers him a friend. I too wonder why she just didn't steal some blood. Maybe fresh blood works better to heal vampires?

I guess I was right that Quincannon's god was different than Jesse's. A Meat god is pretty dumb though. So what was Jesse's vision of Eugene? I thought maybe it was some other entity, but now I'm thinking it was just all in Jesse's head. Also,  why was Jesse being arrested but not all the other guys that fired on him? And I can't remember... did Quincannon and Jesse originally just have a verbal agreement?

• Love 2
(edited)

I knew as soon as I saw the crowd of people in the overhead tram that they were going to die. That's pretty much the only reason that Hollywood puts people in those things. And now we know why Quincannon hates god.

Crowd: (screams)
Show: "VALE"
Me: "Yes, they did."
Thank you, I'll be here all veek. Tip your vaitress.

Weirdness with Not!Eugene's subtitles: "They try to trick you" was spoken as "...use you."

Those good ol' boys must be starved for real food if they can be motivated to risk their lives for a food court.

Nice Transition from pouring milk to pouring the anointing oil to make a Molitov. I suspect that he also added some gasoline to the bottle, because that stuff is basically just scented olive oil.

Pretty good shot turning Clive into a steer, what with it being from above and against a guy who's crouching forward and running.

Mascot guy came out to watch, and he's still wearing the costume! I wonder if the zipper's stuck.

Good fake-out with Donnie. He's smarter than he looks. Assuming that deafening yourself for the sake of pride and a boss who probably doesn't give a rats ass about you is smart, that is.

Poor Brewskie. At least Tulip gave him one last happy day before feeding him to Cassidy. Too bad the town doesn't have anyplace that she could get blood, like a slaughterhouse or something.

Kind of curious about what the deal is with the control room, what with the klaxon and flashing lights and the Great Big Meter.

And I can't remember... did Quincannon and Jesse originally just have a verbal agreement?

Yeah, Just a verbal agreement. No proof, unless Quincannon secretly recorded the conversation.

Edited by Sandman87
  • Love 1

I really couldn't figure out why Tulip's apparently only option was feeding Cassidy a dog, to get him back.  They had already established that using blood from hospitals work for him, so why didn't she just break in?  Or go the the slaughterhouse (especially since I'm sure it was empty)?  Or, hell, considering she doesn't seem like someone who would flinch at human death, find a known scumbag and do him or her in?  It was just weird since she was clearly upset over having to do it, but doing it, even though there were other options.

Also confused by the verbal agreement being legally binding.  Unless it was recorded, how was there any proof that Quincannon was telling the truth?  Was someone else in the room in there and I forgot about it?  Or was it just a case of Jesse not lying about it?  Granted, this town sounds pretty loose on rules, since the Sheriff kind of just sat back and let Quincannon and his crew start riddling bullets into the church.

Jackie Earle Haley was clearly having a blast in all of his scenes.  Quincannon is so fucked up.  I guess losing your entire family would do that to you. The reveal that he took Jesse/Genesis' words and used it towards this "Meat God" was a bit anti-climatic though.

Jesse finally gets the angel cowboys to take Genesis out of him, only for Genesis to break back out and go back into him. And destroy the coffee container for good.  Looks like it is here to stay!

They actually fooled me with both the fake Eugene and Donnie's plan.  Well done, show.

So, Jesse has bought himself another week by doubling-down and promising he will actually bring God to church next Sunday, and if he doesn't like what God says, will renounce him in front of everyone.  Oh, Jesse.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I should probably steer clear of Texas altogether. Or is Annville a giant stereotype? I mean, picnics during a siege? Am I being too big a Yankee bastard about this?

Yep.

• Love 1

Well.   That was *weird.*     LOL     And uncanny how so many of the speculative statements made in this forum came true.  It's impossible to pick someone to root for in this series because, um, everyone is already much too  ___ed up.    :-D

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, TC3200 said:

Well.   That was *weird.*    

This was my thought. There was something not quite right about the flow and timeframe of the episode. It's night, it's day, there's a siege going on. It was weird.

Edited by PatternRec
(edited)

Yeah.  I would not be surprised to have it turn out to be a dream sequence, as the old Broadway musicals called that plot device.    LOL.

And did that man give that poor kid CURDLED  MILK??!   I watched this episode twice, and my TV has a real small picture but there is a plop-plop-plop when that milk is hitting the cereal.    Gag me!   That church lady must be a few bricks short of a load, too.

At this point, I expect Eugene to eventually come back and announce that he heard Preacher calling him the whole time but Hell was a more pleasant place so he didn't hurry back.   lol

Edited by TC3200
  • Love 1

I don't like dog killing on tv or movies, it makes me sad even though they're fictional.  It reminds me of having to put my dog down after 17 years and while that is really sad, I saw a commercial for the return of Fear the Walking Dead and that's just atrocious.

• Love 3

There were some things in this episode that gave me serious giggles, in a good way.  Quincannon's motivational lectures to his troops were hysterical; paraphrasing: "You're not really human shields, but you are shields, and you are human...so" or "don't forget to drink plenty of water."  The way the town people were acting like it was a 4th of July picnic, with their barbeque grills, blankets, lawn chairs, and open delight that they were tailgating, while hoping there would be more shooting. 

There was the scene that made me laugh, though somewhat uncomfortably:  First, Clive running towards the church, chanting, "Food court...food court...food court"...followed by Clive walking slowly back to the troops, with his "package" held gently in his hands, talking about how it didn't hurt so much, and "look at it just lying there like a baby." 

I'm guessing the guy we keep seeing at the old-fashioned analogue controls, the one who relieves the pressure, reducing the heat after getting an alarm, is guarding the portal to hell.  At some point, she's going to blow, and that will be how Eugene gets out of hell; probably with a demon attached to him.  Eugene's entire purpose will be to kill the preacher.

I'm completely disturbed about the dog scene, as if I couldn't hate Tulip any more.  That was way too far over the line for me.  Way too far.

All that said, I'm still looking forward to the next episode.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I'm completely disturbed about the dog scene, as if I couldn't hate Tulip any more.  That was way too far over the line for me.  Way too far.

It's not totally on Tulip, though. Jesse let Cassidy burn and Cassidy decided to show Jesse who he was the hard way. 

No. Jesse apparently saved Cassidy's life with the fire extinguisher, exactly the opposite of "let him burn." Cassidy is in no way responsible for Tulip's choices. She decided how to get the blood.

(edited)
8 hours ago, PatternRec said:

It's not totally on Tulip, though. Jesse let Cassidy burn and Cassidy decided to show Jesse who he was the hard way. 

I get what you're saying, I do.  My disgust isn't so much about who's to blame (within the context of the story) as it is with the showrunner's decision to "go there".  It was cheap, manipulative and disgusting; reminding me very much of those ASPCA commercials with close-ups of the haunted eyes of beautiful little dogs and cats---trembling, abused, abandoned---all against the backdrop of tragic, swelling orchestral music.  I don't watch those either. 

As others have observed, there were a myriad of choices as to how Tulip could get blood for Cassidy.  Having her go to a shelter and rescue a beautiful bloodhound with soulful eyes, then spend the whole episode with slow-motion edits of Tulip playing ball with the pup, hugging him, bonding with him, only to throw him out to be devoured was reprehensible.  I, for one, will never forgive Tulip, even though it's not her fault..it's the showrunners' fault.   Whatever their intentions for the future of Tulip's character, in their enthusiasm to cheaply and manipulatively shock the audience's sensibilities, they have made the character irredeemable in my eyes.  I suspect I'm not alone there.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 4

I'm all for the doggies, but the show has already shown tons of damage done to human bodies and an innocent cow doing its innocent bovine bizness, exsanguinated by ole Cass, so while I was saddened by what went down, all the characters are shown to be monsters to a degree, capable of all kinds of destruction. Maybe TWD has completely desensitized me, what with looking at the flowers and all, anyhoo, at least they didn't show it. Tulip clearly felt bad about it--I'm thinking(unfortunately) that people would notice their livestock and blood supply going missing but not shelter dogs which is why they go that grisly route : (

It makes total sense that QC would worship the God of Meat, what's tangible, etc. His lines were really funny. 

Still watching to see where this goes and right now, I have no idea. I know Jesse wants to save souls and that's kind of a moving target, right? 

• Love 10

I'm hoping based on this episode and the fact we only have two episodes left in the seasons that Jesse actually gets to what was his main (overt) motivation in the book: 

Spoiler

In the book, Jesse finds out that as soon as Genesis was born God abandoned creation and Jesse decides it's up to him to make God pay for the sins he committed against humanity. The main goal is to make God "pay for his crimes." 

Based on what Jesse said he was gonna do in church next week, this is my hope. 

• Love 1

That was...a really weird episode. Like, I have no idea what the purpose of Tulip and the dog. As many other people have pointed out, there were other ways to get blood, other than show us scenes of a cute dog, then having Tulip feed him to Cassidy. What was even the point of that? To be disturbing? We have already seen a million disturbing things on this show, we get it. Your super edgy show. Congratulations. 

I did find the revelation of Quincannon and his whole families freak accident death, followed by him going insane and following the "God of Meat" to be more in line with what this show wants to be. Fucked up, but in a kind of interesting and disturbing way. 

I did not see the Eugene reveal coming, nor did I  understand Donnies plan. I guess he does have a few brain cells after all. 

• Love 2
On 7/17/2016 at 10:36 PM, Bruinsfan said:

After watching this show I'd say about 75% of the town's population would have been better choices of a meal for Cassidy than that poor dog.

I respectfully disagree. That town is basically a corrupt pit with poison flowing through the citizens' veins. Poor Brewster probably had the purest, uncontaminated clean filtered blood you could find in them that parts.

• Love 1

Something is going on with my Amazon Prime feed -- I totally missed that was Cassidy in the room.  Last week there was also some big scene missing on my feed (I can't remember what it was, now) -- but, is anyone else experiencing this?

How did we know that was Cassidy?

(edited)

Oh.  I mean, he wasn't in the rest of the episode so it stands to reason -- but there was no other indication.  Maybe it's because the blood of one lean dog doesn't seem all that "healing" and how did Tulip know that's what he needs?  Does she heal vampires often?  I just .... yeah.  Not clear enough for me, I suppose.

The other gap from last week was Eugene in hell (it was mentioned here) and, I didn't see any reference to his actual experience in hell during the episode.  (Also, I can't really stand Eugene in the first place, so the less of him the better as far as I'm concerned.)

ETA:  I'm finally starting to realize I don't like this show very much.  A lot of it has to do with the characters.  I enjoy Tulip and Cassidy.  Most of the time I enjoy Jesse.  Every other single character either gets on my nerves or I actually find revolting.  (Nerves -- angels, Eugene, LLBean catalogue girl; Revolting -- Odin, Sherriff, wife-beater and his wife.)

Edited by Captanne
15 hours ago, Demig said:

I respectfully disagree. That town is basically a corrupt pit with poison flowing through the citizens' veins. Poor Brewster probably had the purest, uncontaminated clean filtered blood you could find in them that parts.

Speaking of the town, I'm guessing most of Jesse's congregation felt pretty comfortable watching a corrupt business and his militia seize their church.  Was there any dialogue from the mayor or Quincannon to get the townfolk on their side.

3 hours ago, Captanne said:

Oh.  I mean, he wasn't in the rest of the episode so it stands to reason -- but there was no other indication.  Maybe it's because the blood of one lean dog doesn't seem all that "healing" and how did Tulip know that's what he needs?  Does she heal vampires often?  I just .... yeah.  Not clear enough for me, I suppose.

Cassidy told Tulip he needs bloods to heal.  She also saw evidence of this when she took him to the hospital after throwing him out a window.  As for how much blood he needs, I don't know.  Cassidy took down a cow to recover from jumping out of a plane.  We don't know if he actually drained the entire cow though.  Healing from severe burns may require less but I definitely wouldn't call that dog lean.  He easily weighed 70 lbs.  

• Love 2

Everyone here seems to be blaming Tulip for killing the dog, but she seems to blame Jesse. Right before she put the dog in the room, she said "Damn you, Jesse". We saw a softer side of Tulip, when she was with the dog, and with her looking after Cassidy. And then we saw that she was still angry with Jesse and probably doesn't like who he's become. Maybe that was the point of the whole dog storyline.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think I'm kind of bowing out of this show because this whole "Cassidy burning/healing/and what it's doing to the other characters" is being handled so badly.  It's just bad story telling.

If Tulip was being forced by circumstances to use a dog to save Cassidy from a misery that Jesse caused and she's mad at Jesse because of it -- that's one thing.  But, even though I find that plausible, it's such a stretch and not well communicated to this viewer.

I don't like this show enough to stick through that sort of just genuine bad story telling.

Even though, I say, I paid for the entire series.  Maybe I can get my money back or pro-rated?

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Everyone here seems to be blaming Tulip for killing the dog, but she seems to blame Jesse. Right before she put the dog in the room, she said "Damn you, Jesse". We saw a softer side of Tulip, when she was with the dog, and with her looking after Cassidy. And then we saw that she was still angry with Jesse and probably doesn't like who he's become. Maybe that was the point of the whole dog storyline.

I completely agree.  Tulip feels that Cassidy self-immolated in a last ditch effort to get Jesse to face his issues (and she doesn't even know about Genesis.) She might be also sublimating a feeling of guilt because she gave Cassidy a hard time about not really revealing his vampiric nature to Jesse.  Anyway, she blames Cassidy's current state and his need to feed on Jesse.

21 hours ago, maczero said:

As for how much blood he needs, I don't know.  Cassidy took down a cow to recover from jumping out of a plane.  We don't know if he actually drained the entire cow though.  Healing from severe burns may require less but I definitely wouldn't call that dog lean.  He easily weighed 70 lbs.  

When Cassidy jumped out of the plane his body ruptured, and he used the cow to knit himself back together. (Whether he needed the whole cow is impossible to say, but he did drink a lot of blood bags after Tulip pushed him out the window.)  I would say that having your flesh melted off would require more blood and time to regrow all your skin, etc, then most other injuries, and that Tulip would have had to steal a whole lot of blood bags or butchered cows to accomplish much. (I assume that the blood from the dead cows drains away and isn't available for retrieval.)  I also assume that other blood sources will be required for Cassidy to fully heal.

I know that in our culture, we treat dogs very differently than cows, but Tulip is a practical woman.  One might quibble that she could have easily anesthetized Brewster by sticking something in his food before leading him to Cassidy, but that would have been pretty dull story-wise.  This is based on a violent comic book.  We have repeatedly heard cows shrieking in pain and terror, and now, a dog. Be happy they didn't show Cassidy consuming him.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 6
On 7/18/2016 at 4:38 PM, SnarkyTart said:

...I'm guessing the guy we keep seeing at the old-fashioned analogue controls, the one who relieves the pressure, reducing the heat after getting an alarm, is guarding the portal to hell.  At some point, she's going to blow, and that will be how Eugene gets out of hell; probably with a demon attached to him.  Eugene's entire purpose will be to kill the preacher...

Dang.  That's amazing.  I must have been distracted by all the (other) weirdness because it never crossed my mind that the old control system could be for Hell.   But then, I gave up trying to analyze this show after the 2nd or 3rd episode.    I never know what's going on.  I just watch.    lol

• Love 4

ut...he was going to be put down...he was going to be put down...he was going to...

How many times do I repeat this to myself before I feel better about it? I know I get Cassidy back...but...Brewster!!

At least the shelter isn't a bunch of LYING LIARS THAT LIE about a forever home. 

I get why Tulip did it but this show is all payoffs in what turns out to be Monopoly money because there isn't enough damn buildup. Poor Brewster as a sacrifice meant nothing except shock value because there's been no indication by the show about what the hell makes Tulip tick--what her moral code is, why she's willing to bang a vampire and procure him a dog meal and everything else going on with her. She clearly has her own standards, can feel guilty and responsible, is willing to make hard choices. But who cares? It's like being told you won a tour of Europe, but the tour is basically a bunch of kidnappings where you are dumped in random churches or castles or museums with no explanation, translator, hotel, or map. You're just shown a bunch of stuff, told it's important, and if there's any through line or point nobody's mentioned it.

Same thing with the entire town coming out to--what? Cheer on Quincannon? Or Jesse? Or just hang because what the hell else is going on in this dried up husk hellhole of a town? Motivations--like Miles's explanation that he's doing this to save the town financially, or the employees' longing for a food court--are presented as funny or wacky but NEVER BELIEVABLE. Just because this show was based on a comic book doesn't mean everybody in it is a cartoon with no reason to do anything until the writers wind them up and set them going. 

And Jesse! Between swilling whiskey, shooting off dicks, and snapping under the pressure of sending Eugene to hell, he's gone cockeyed and who can blame him, but since I never got the feeling he truly wanted to be good, I'm not all that shocked that he's run rogue. Why did the sheriff arrest him? Why was he fine with this whole vigilante takeover complete with shooting, especially since he thought Eugene was in the church? What is the point of any of this?

• Love 2
(edited)

Snookums, to add insult to injury -- Tulip didn't bang Cassidy.  He banged her.  Hard, it seems.  Into the car window.  With her completely disinterested and mentally detached.  Pining for Jesse?  Who knows?  It's not Negga's fault that the show is so, so bad at getting basic plot points across to viewer(s).  Or maybe it is her fault -- because the whole chain of events leading to the dog, the room, and anonymous loud roaring, was so vaguely connected.

I like smart shows.  I like shows that allow the viewer to put the pieces together.  But there have to be basic links to forge a chain, people.

ETA:  To add to my comments about your post Snookums, which is spot on imo, I'm more than willing to watch a groovy new show with edgy statements to make as it inches along toward what those statements are -- but at some point my suspension of belief needs to coalesce into something significant.  We're how many episodes in with no coherent point?  Too many.  And too much graphic violence which demands my emotional investment without any idea what I'm investing in.  And the biggest problem -- no clue that there ever is a point in investing in the first place.  Along the way to nowhere, even the strongest performances will lose me.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

I think Negga is a good actress. But even her character on Agents of SHIELD had more understandable motivations, and no one in their right mind would hold that show up as an example of expertly written scripts. This series is more a string of interesting (and beautifully filmed) set pieces with almost no transitions or consistency of story from one to the next, rather than a cohesive whole. The Tarsem Singh school of filmmaking.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DrLar said:

I guess Genesis finally found a non exploding host and doesn't want to be in the can, now how to get Eugene out of hell...

On a related tangent, I LOVE that all the heavenly technology looks like old antiquated earth stuff. One of the great design choices the show has made in spite of some of its other issues. 

• Love 6
On 7/17/2016 at 10:03 PM, Lantern7 said:

I've only been to Texas once, but, no, I don't recall going to any picnics to watch a local businessman's employees shooting up a church so they could have a new food court while the town sheriff looked on and did nothing  ...

I mean, I'm sure that there are some shithole small towns in Texas if you venture outside the major cities, suburbs, NASA, and the like, but I don't think that a comic by Garth Ennis as translated to TV by Seth Rogan of all people is the place you'd go to find an authentic look at the issues and people you'd find anywhere in Texas. Or anywhere.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

I mean, I'm sure that there are some shithole small towns in Texas if you venture outside the major cities, suburbs, NASA, and the like, but I don't think that a comic by Garth Ennis as translated to TV by Seth Rogan of all people is the place you'd go to find an authentic look at the issues and people you'd find anywhere in Texas. Or anywhere.

Yeah, this - I've lived in small towns in the South, and in the Midwest. I think the behavior they're showing is not Texas-specific - it's more a nod to small towns. MMV.

• Love 2

I think it's a parody based on stereotypes.  Simple as that.

(I've lived for years in towns like Altus, OK, and Columbus, MS, and Fayetteville, NC -- Annville is a comic book archetype based on cliches.  Rather than Small-town, USA, they've chosen the wildest west we still have and that's far in West Texas.  Two Texan friends of mine are moving there and even they admit it's remote and dismal.  The husband will be getting $45 an hour to drive a company pickup and read oil well meters all day.)

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/22/2016 at 4:58 PM, DrLar said:

I guess Genesis finally found a non exploding host and doesn't want to be in the can, now how to get Eugene out of hell...

After this episode I'm no longer worried about Eugene in Hell.  I think he's in a much better place, there.   >;-D

And apparently Genesis likes to booze it up a good bit?    I dunno.   Genesis doesn't seem to object to boozing, at least.   heehee

Edited by TC3200
  • Love 1
(edited)

*sigh* Once again I’m behind (long story why, but it’s frustrating).

Okay, first, I STILL don’t see that Tulip was feeding Cassidy. I thought she put the dog outside and it got mauled by something else. I’ll have to rewatch, but I simultaneously feel stupid, and frustrated with the table-setting, as in, there was none for this. That said, no, I don’t feel bad. (Also, I hate dogs, so there’s that.) As for breaking into a blood bank—um, HUMANS need that blood for transfusions. I HATE it when vampires steal from blood banks and call it a moral choice because they aren’t killing anyone. Bullshit, you’re not. Any human who doesn’t get that blood may die. The slaughterhouse is right there (as someone else pointed out).

Second (unpopular opinion alert) I love this show. I really do. I can’t stand the endless stream of procedural and legal soap operas Mr. Mojeaux watches. SSDD. And I especially loathe SVU. The endless stream of ever-being-cancelled sitcoms may be even worse, not sure.

So any show with an amoral demon-angel baby and a vampire simply cannot be taken for anything other than a fun rollercoaster ride. There’s no point to rollercoasters either, except the thrill.

Edited by Mojeaux
Sits don’t come, they com.
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2016 at 8:58 PM, pezgirl7 said:

I guess I was right that Quincannon's god was different than Jesse's. A Meat god is pretty dumb though.

I was hoping for something more clever that would have given us more insight into his pov. It did in a way, but all I got was that he's kind of dumb. 

On 7/18/2016 at 11:09 PM, SnarkyTart said:

It was cheap, manipulative and disgusting;

Overall, it was just stupid since so many people have pointed out other ways to obtain blood. Much of this episode was characters acting stupid because plot. I mean, go buy earplugs. 

I know the preacher was freaked out about Eugene, but I'm not seeing how shooting at everyone is a better solution. And he destroyed personal property. 

The only interesting thing is that genesis actually chose the preacher. I am interested as to why.

• Love 1