Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Pass Judgment

The DVR automatically recorded this show, but I hadn't gotten around to watching any of it until a few days ago.  I just finished (suffered through) the third episode of season 2.  As I watched I was reminded of Under the Dome - one has a wall, the other had a clear dome, but there are a lot of similarities --- odd, unexplained things going on outside the wall/dome, food shortages, crazy people, no medical help, people being resurrected, hangings, really bad writing, horrible acting, terrible plots, etc...

Then it hit me - this is my replacement for Under the Dome.  When UTD was cancelled, I was kind of sad, not because I liked the show, but because I liked to hate the show and reading the forums was a delight - everyone pointing out the ridiculousness and making fun of the show.  The forums were laugh out loud funny.  And I missed it.  No other show I watch is bad enough for enough posters to poke fun at it.  The first thing I did when I sat down at the computer this morning was check the Wayward Pines forum.  I read the one for episode 2 (because I had slept through chunks of episode 3) and the posts were hilarious.*** 

I was going to give up on this show, but now that I know reading the forums will be fun, it will suffer through the watching.  

*** having only read the posts for episode 2, I realize that I may be sticking my foot in my mouth here - perhaps that was the only episode people made fun of, or perhaps the show improves dramatically and now everyone loves it, but for now I will relish the idea of getting a good laugh with my cereal in the morning.  

• Love 1

No, needschocolate, I suspect most people here are only sticking with the show because it's fun to make fun of. I know I found this last one especially painful to sit through and wondered aloud why I was still watching this dreck. It's really awful. But, there are only two more episodes (I hope) and I've stuck with it this long so I feel like I need to see it through. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment that way.

• Love 3

I commented in one of the earlier episode threads that this was starting to get Dome-ish. I watched every episode of Under the Dome because it was just so fantastically horrible. I don't think WP has reached that level yet because at least it has slightly better acting and production values.

I really don't think there will be a season 3 for it to plunge closer to Dome depth.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, needschocolate said:

*** having only read the posts for episode 2, I realize that I may be sticking my foot in my mouth here - perhaps that was the only episode people made fun of, or perhaps the show improves dramatically and now everyone loves it, but for now I will relish the idea of getting a good laugh with my cereal in the morning.  

Oh, no, we make fun of ALL of the episodes--and we did during season 1, too. Welcome, needschocolate; this is the show/board for you!

Actually, last season started off strong and then producer M. Night Shamalan (I think I missed some letters) inexplicably fired the writing staff halfway through, and the series went all to hell! I THINK there must be a third set of writers now because they are trying very hard to undo all of the set up from last season finale, so there's no consistency whatsoever. That's truly become part of the fun of the show. But since last season people have been comparing it to UTD in a "which is worse" debate. I haven't watched that show, but I admit that all of the talk about how terrible it is makes me want to watch it. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

No, needschocolate, I suspect most people here are only sticking with the show because it's fun to make fun of. I know I found this last one especially painful to sit through and wondered aloud why I was still watching this dreck. It's really awful. But, there are only two more episodes (I hope) and I've stuck with it this long so I feel like I need to see it through. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment that way.

Me too.  I'm pot-committed and have to stick it out to the sorry, sad end.  Who knows maybe Arlene will find an Abbie boyfriend in the finale ?  

Then again, maybe Theo and the latest Abbie leader will cease all hostilities once they discover that their mothers both have the same first name.

10 hours ago, needschocolate said:

Never fear, you have found your people.

Zoo is another show where you will find us, but that show has awesome animals banding together against humans, so we can marvel at crafty mutant beavers and bat swarms shorting out the electrical grid.  Good times.

• Love 2

OK - well maybe I'm the lone dissenter here. I loved, loved season one. Actually, I looked forward to the show so much I thought about it all week. My DVR was set.  When it was a one-season only (which it was originally), I was in withdrawal after the final episode. Can you imagine how thrilled I was to hear a season 2 was coming? Yes!  So, here I am at the end of season 2. I still love it. I want a season 3.  Is it flawed? Yes. But, society is flawed. Society is stupid. There are only a very few good, ethical, decent people in real life.The majority are just skating and getting what they can, oblivious to the pain they cause to others or what damage they do to their environment or the psyche of the world.  The terrible and stupid decisions some of the people make affect us all.  So many are sheep, following the 'good' shepherd with no thought to whether the shepherd is benevolent or has a self-serving agenda.  This show gives us that. It makes us frustrated, angry and appalled.  My family and I watched it every week with our dinner in our laps. I admit, I am often shouting at the TV. Shouting at the stupidness of the characters.  Shouting at the injustice.  My husband tells me to quiet down as I am distracting him. Ha. 

But if there is a season 3, I will be back. As long as we have at least two decent, strong people who can fight the good fight and rail against the poor decisions of the others, I will watch.  

Finally saw this episode (and episode 9 - only one more to go).  I still don't understand why it only rain in town and not in the forest.  Every scene (well  every one that I was paying attention to) in town has wet streets - really wet streets, but when they are in the forest, there are no glistening drops on the leaves, no mud on the ground.  ow do all those plants get water?  

How did the Merry-go-round get in WP? Did Pilcher pack all the parts of a Merry-go-round in the mountain - "Hey, I want to ride a plastic horse in the future, so lets make room for all these big metal parts by getting rid of those boxes of vitamins and the freeze-dried food packs, but don't touch the Red Vines!"

On 7/13/2016 at 7:03 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Hassler emerges from the tunnel -- only to be surrounded by Abbies, but Margaret commands them to let him live.

As Hassler walks among them, he gets the once over from each Abby.  Do they really expect us to believe that all Abbies everywhere will obey her command ?  I don't think so.

How are all those Abbies going to know what Margret wants if the Abbies don't have an ice cream truck?

• Love 1