Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Pass Judgment

(edited)

This week we get Kerry doing the narrating of the previouslies -- you know, since Hypnoteacher is dead. The Previouslies seem to go on extra long this episode.

Dr. Theo takes a lovely morning elevator ride in the mountain with Kerry and informs her that she can't bear carry children to term.  She gets distraught for about 5 seconds before reverting back to brownshirt mode.

Dr. Theo discovers Hypnoteacher dead in the lab and sounds the alarm, which triggers a full search of the entire mountain which is for naught because Margaret the Abbie is already outside the mountain.

Margaret manages to almost fall off a cliff, but decides to jump anyway -- man these Abbies are resilient.  The producers need to watch those shots from below when you have an Abbie in a hospital smock dangling off a cliff.  This isn't HBO.

Margaret is already at the 2 mile marker to the fence as we cut to the intro.

Rebecca and Xander argue about Theo -- because Rebecca is pregnant with Xander's child.  Dun, dun, dun, dun.  Wait until Theo finds out.

Theo decides for Jason that they should inform and arm everyone to look for Margaret -- Jason really is shit at this leadership job.

All the phones in WP ring -- including the school bells at WPA, where all the kids get gathered inside.  And everyone in WP is told to go inside and lock the doors.  All thanks to the PA system and the ice cream truck.

And we are back with Lucy and Frank --- snooooooze -- Lucy wants to go see Rebecca for some stupid reason, and as they walk to the beauty shop they are noticed by Margaret, who remembers Frank. Margaret meanwhiles snoops in on a WPA couple making out in the woods.

Margaret then spots a soldier (remembers her treatment by the other soldiers) and shreds him in front of a house, then carries the body into the woods.  After dumping the body, Margaret decides to do a little Parkour across the rooftops of main street.  The incredibly inept soldiers fire but all bullets miss -- does Margaret have telepathic control over bullets too ?

As Theo and Hassler track Margaret, Jason gently strokes the hand of poor dead Hypnoteacher and reminisces.  Before heading out to conduct a hard target search.

Margaret continues wandering through the woods, and the locals arm themselves in the beauty salon -- Arlene, Lucy, Frank, Rebecca, Xander and a bunch of red shirts.

Hassler and Theo keep walking through the woods and discuss personal philosophies while finally determining that they are being led astray by the blood trail.  

Rebecca goes to the mountain to get plans of the original WP to try and find secret ways into/out of WP.

Meanwhile, Margaret hops off a army truck -- seriously, these soldiers suck if they can't find a ninja Abby in broad daylight riding on their own truck.

Kerry catches Rebecca in Pilcher's office and they have a bit of a pissing contest.

Super paranoid soldiers double-time it down the streets looking for anything remotely resembling an Abby, as do two civilians/redshirts -- and they all get super-paranoid and end up shooting each other.  As Margaret looks on at her handiwork.

Theo and Hassler split up in their pursuit of Margaret after hearing the gunshot -- Theo comes across the shooting victims, and after the male civilian is pronounced dead and things get amped up, Theo takes control and tells people what to do.

I suspect Hassler is going to bite the dust soon -- to keep the streak of S1 death pool victims intact.

Jason takes Kerry to a secret room --  and it's the room with a baby-sized cryo in it -- that Jason declares will be their last stand against the Abbies.  Kerry finally tells Jason that she can't have children (I still can't understand why they don't already have 4 or 5).  Jason tells her that if he had known, he would have done things differently -- that's not good news for Kerry.

Rebecca encounters Margaret on the street on the way to her house -- kind of High Noonish, as Margaret is standing like she's ready to draw (if she had a gun).  As Margaret approaches Rebecca, Rebecca grabs her stomach as some sort of indication that she is pregnant triggering a memory in Margaret -- turns out she was the nursing mother when Pilcher shot up the Abby encampment.

Which delays Margaret long enough that she gets shot in the arm by Xander, causing Margaret to scamper away.

Rebecca goes through the plans with Jason/Kerry -- and they determine were there could be an old entrance to the sewer system.  Xander casually drops the fact that the Abbies can dig -- since he was stashed outside in a tunnel (why they didn't eat him I still don't understand).

As Margaret uncovers a sewer tunnel, Hassler gets the drop on her -- triggering a flashback in either Margaret or Hassler (or both), and Hassler lowers his gun and Margaret scampers into the tunnel.  Hassler drops his weapon and follows her.  The soldiers and everyone else somehow converge on the tunnel entrance (I guess because of the original WP plans), and blow up the tunnel.

All as now thousands of Abbies are massing outside the fence -- at this point they could make another body ramp and invade since apparently no one is watching fences.

Theo is bedside when the soldier who was shot wakes up -- and the soldier starts having a bit of a freakout, constantly repeating himself.

Hassler emerges from the tunnel -- only to be surrounded by Abbies, but Margaret commands them to let him live.

As Hassler walks among them, he gets the once over from each Abby.  Do they really expect us to believe that all Abbies everywhere will obey her command ?  I don't think so.

Theo and Xander have a pissing contest over the civilian was killed.  And Rebecca takes Xander's side causing Theo to walk away.

Margaret struggles with her shot arm to get back to some other Abbies that console her -- for some reason the camera pans down to her leg and then back up.  Then we get yet another flashback of the Abbie extermination at Pilcher's hands. 

Is Margaret going to die ?  Stay tuned next week.

ETA: If Margaret was controlling all the Abbies, who's going to tell them what to do now ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

Is Margaret going to die ?  Stay tuned next week.

And hopefully take Jason with her if we're lucky.

All as now thousands of Abbies are massing outside the fence -- at this point they could make another body ramp and invade since apparently no one is watching fences.

With the multiple breaches, these morons only bring it on themselves when they die.

I suspect Hassler is going to bite the dust soon -- to keep the streak of S1 death pool victims intact.

I honestly didn't remember who Hassler was when he returned but yes, most likely he'll join them.

33 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Surprisingly, Hassler didn't die, so the S1 death pool streak ends.  Maybe next episode.

Still 2 more episodes left and he's currently with the Abbies, so it's still very possible.

• Love 1

LOL @ Otto's "this isn't HBO" comment!

A couple of questions: If Margaret can enter and exit through the tunnel, why can't the other abbies? How long has Theo been awake?  I thought it was like a week,  but so much has happened, it seems like months. Why does WP have a hotel?  I know Matt Dillion stayed there for a night or two in S1, but I think it's odd to build a hotel in a town where NO ONE comes to visit.

These kids don't need the creepy reproduction room to get it on...they just need a forest and the threat of an abbie on the loose to get in the mood. Hypno teacher would have been proud.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

This isn't HBO

Then again, we had the Shick Women's Razor commercials....Trim that bush, and all.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

As Margaret looks on at her handiwork.

Thinking, "WTF? And they call us the savage barbarians?"  I really had to laugh at the total ineptitude of the Junior Nazis as they searched for Margaret.

Okay, Jason, since you brought up the Adam and Eve thing (a moot question now), will you be explaining just how you two will be repopulating the earth?  Genetics and all that?

• Love 2

Jason just isn't very smart. If he were here in 2016 he'd be an unemployed high school grad who sits around all day watching TV, drinking beer and living off his girlfriend while talking about what he's gonna do to Mexicans/Arabs/them illegal foreigners.

Kerry, take Jason into his hideyhole and shoot him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mertensia said:

Jason just isn't very smart. If he were here in 2016 he'd be an unemployed high school grad who sits around all day watching TV, drinking beer and living off his girlfriend while talking about what he's gonna do to Mexicans/Arabs/them illegal foreigners.

Kerry, take Jason into his hideyhole and shoot him.

It's because he's in Wayward Pines that he's in charge, almost everyone else has been killed off.

• Love 1

This episode was... kinda good? Have I lowered my standards that much? Still hate Jason and don't really care about the Xander-Rebecca-Theo draaaama, but Margaret's escape and the ineptitude of the boy-army was kind of fun.

• Love 3

OMG, this show is such a colossal mess I don't even know where to begin. Let's start with an overhead shot of something on which a fly is crawling. OK, let me see if I've got this straight. Over the past 2000 years, mankind has devolved into these feral "abbie" creatures, because of what we've done to the environment. Yet . . . flies, and deer, have remained unchanged all this time. We don't even have crickets anymore, because last season they had to pipe in fake cricket noises just to make the night seem realistic. But we still have flies. And, Arlene watches birds, so we still have birds. Birds, deer and flies - unchanged by 2000 years of environmental changes that wiped out humanity.

If there are brown-shirt soldiers riding around in jeeps with rifles, why is the candy store owner the one driving around in an ice cream truck warning people through a bull horn to stay indoors? Can't the soldiers do that?

The brown shirts and the armed civilians meet in the middle of an empty suburban street and for some reason the camera work goes ape shit with jump shots and shaky movements to illustrate "chaos" - where none should exist. They're all in a wide-open, empty street, with clear vantage points all around them. The surrounding ground is flat, there is nowhere for an abbie to jump at them unexpectedly - why is everyone losing their shit just because they hear growling sounds? They're not in a dark cave somewhere.

One minute the female abbie is running through the woods, the next thing she's jumping from roof top to roof top. Did she forget something and have to come back? Is she in two places at once? Are there more than one of them running around? WTF?

You mean to tell me Rebecca designed this whole town and is only now looking at the blue prints to see where secret entrances might be? Seriously? What the hell were those blueprints even for if they weren't used by the very architect who designed this place? 

On top of all this we have to learn Rebecca is pregnant because we apparently need one more plot point. And that Kerry can't have children. How does any of this matter, if they have no food? Remember that? They had only a few weeks left of rations after the abbies destroyed their crops. Even if the abbies go away right now they still have no food so why all the concern over reproducing?

I swear to God  . . . this show is worse than Under the Dome and the fourth season of Falling Skies put together. It's a mish-mash of disparate ideas thrown against the wall every week just to see what sticks. Nothing is working, I don't get how any of this crap got green-lit. Fox must have been desperate for summer content.

• Love 8

I'm still hoping this will be a game preserve where all the Abbies were put. When the Pilcher cult woke up, the people in charge of the game preserve decided to stand back and enjoy the show. "The Wayward Pines Saga" would be broadcast around the world. That would be awesome.

• Love 6

OMG, this show is such a colossal mess I don't even know where to begin. Let's start with an overhead shot of something on which a fly is crawling. OK, let me see if I've got this straight. Over the past 2000 years, mankind has devolved into these feral "abbie" creatures, because of what we've done to the environment. Yet . . . flies, and deer, have remained unchanged all this time. We don't even have crickets anymore, because last season they had to pipe in fake cricket noises just to make the night seem realistic. But we still have flies. And, Arlene watches birds, so we still have birds. Birds, deer and flies - unchanged by 2000 years of environmental changes that wiped out humanity.

If there are brown-shirt soldiers riding around in jeeps with rifles, why is the candy store owner the one driving around in an ice cream truck warning people through a bull horn to stay indoors? Can't the soldiers do that?

The brown shirts and the armed civilians meet in the middle of an empty suburban street and for some reason the camera work goes ape shit with jump shots and shaky movements to illustrate "chaos" - where none should exist. They're all in a wide-open, empty street, with clear vantage points all around them. The surrounding ground is flat, there is nowhere for an abbie to jump at them unexpectedly - why is everyone losing their shit just because they hear growling sounds? They're not in a dark cave somewhere.

One minute the female abbie is running through the woods, the next thing she's jumping from roof top to roof top. Did she forget something and have to come back? Is she in two places at once? Are there more than one of them running around? WTF?

You mean to tell me Rebecca designed this whole town and is only now looking at the blue prints to see where secret entrances might be? Seriously? What the hell were those blueprints even for if they weren't used by the very architect who designed this place? 

On top of all this we have to learn Rebecca is pregnant because we apparently need one more plot point. And that Kerry can't have children. How does any of this matter, if they have no food? Remember that? They had only a few weeks left of rations after the abbies destroyed their crops. Even if the abbies go away right now they still have no food so why all the concern over reproducing?

I swear to God  . . . this show is worse than Under the Dome and the fourth season of Falling Skies put together. It's a mish-mash of disparate ideas thrown against the wall every week just to see what sticks. Nothing is working, I don't get how any of this crap got green-lit. Fox must have been desperate for summer content.

Which was why I rolled my eyes when I heard they went for a S2. So dumb. I actually lasted all of S1, which was longer than I lasted thru Under the Dome.

• Love 3

Per season 1, no crickets in the future (hence piped in cricket sounds) but flies apparently survived (artsy town shots at beginning of episode focuses on a fly crawling on a light).

The florist is called Pollinated Flower, and I can't help but read it in Megan's voice as one of her creepy reproductive duty lessons.

Some kids are in school while other, slightly younger kids, are on the carousel. Are they completely uneducated until they get close to the "flower pollination" age, or was it yet another inconsistency just to be able to use the carousel set?

Ok, randy redshirt teen, who is apparently too cool for school because he wears a WP Academy hoodie instead of a blazer, you'll be killed in the Abbiepocolypse for sure.

Margaret senses the baby* and was seemingly NOT going attack because of it. But then Xander shoots her in the arm. (A little too reminiscent of Philando Castile. And, while we're at it, really with having the African American [African Pinesian?] officer kid get shot? Angering everyone on both sides of Black/Blue Lives Matter.**) But, they see EXACTLY where Margaret ran off to, but instead of running after her to finish the job, have a little makeout sesh. Hey, get a tree, like sweatshirt and his gal!

*And since Kerry can't have a baby, I presume this baby will be the next generation leader because Cander and Rebecca are so kick-ass, let alone the natural  leadership skills of maybe step-dad Theo. I just don't understand the cryogenic chamber for the baby because won't they need this kid to grow up to take over in 20 years? Why would they defrost the baby and then wait?

**ok, glad that officer kid survived because he's the only soldier who's a likable character. And his heartfelt repetition of the WP law was a nice scene for his acting reel.

Guess Hassler is fully Team Abbie now. Not sure what the end game there would be. Maybe he'll marry Margaret, become King of the Abbies, and they'll start their own baby-making brigade to marry the best of Abbie and human genetics. But I guess the Abbies already ARE the best of the genetics. 

Whelp, forget about that plan. Margaret is dead. Is Hassler Abbie chow now? Will the female Abbie with ritualistic carvings on her chest that was comforting her now be in charge? Tune in next week and maybe we'll find out. Or maybe it will never be mentioned again, like sweatshirt kid and his gal who are supposedly still making out under a pine tree somehow oblivious to all of the commotion of gunshots and grenades and sirens, etc.

• Love 1

And dogs!  Don't forget about dogs.  At least one of the houses in WP had a dog.  Did they freeze a bunch of them?

And why a special baby-sized freezer?  Couldn't you use some sort of insert to fit a baby in a regular one?  What happens if the abbiepocalypse happens and little junior just grew an inch and won't fit?

• Love 2

Some kids are in school while other, slightly younger kids, are on the carousel.

And WTF are people doing riding a carousel anyway?!? Thousands of abbies storming the gates, no food, female abbie running around loose . . . by all means, let's go ride the merry-go-round! Got nothin' else to do!

And psst - Hassler: your new best bud's wife has a beauty salon. Maybe stop by and get a haircut and shave. Just sayin.

I remember Xander giving someone candy or something and when they went to pay he said "on the house." Uh, are people actually paying for stuff in this town with money? Where's the bank? What value has currency in Wayward Pines? What kind of salaries are these people making and who's paying them? What's there to buy anyway? Do they have to pay mortgages and utility bills?

• Love 7

Season 2 Episode 7 and 8 has really gripped me. I'm liking that we're getting to know the abbies from their perspective, or at least from Margaret's perspective. She's shown that she has compassion and willing to co-operate with humans by not attacking those who have shown some kindness or understanding. I really hope Dr comes to her aid in some way. Please don't kill her off! She's been an asset to the series. On another note, I thought Jason was going to finish his girlfriend off because she can't fall pregnant. I was wrong it seems. Perhaps he's not such the hard-faced ninkimpupe I thought him to be.

6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I'm still hoping this will be a game preserve where all the Abbies were put. When the Pilcher cult woke up, the people in charge of the game preserve decided to stand back and enjoy the show. "The Wayward Pines Saga" would be broadcast around the world. That would be awesome.

Seriously, that would be awesome -- last shot of the final episode, the camera pulls back to show a Truman Show-like dome.  Meanwhile outside the Dome, it's a futuristic city like the Jetsons.

4 hours ago, SoothingDave said:

And dogs!  Don't forget about dogs.  At least one of the houses in WP had a dog.  Did they freeze a bunch of them?

If I remember correctly, and unfortunately I think I do, we saw at least 3 different dogs in WP in S1.  After say 1500 years with no humans, any dogs would have probably been eaten by the Abbies, so that means they had to put the dogs in cryo -- so where are all the dog-sized cryo capsules ? Or did they just stack multiple dogs on top of each other to fill a regular people cryo pod (like that Doritos commercial with the dogs in the trench coat).

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I remember Xander giving someone candy or something and when they went to pay he said "on the house." Uh, are people actually paying for stuff in this town with money? Where's the bank? What value has currency in Wayward Pines? What kind of salaries are these people making and who's paying them? What's there to buy anyway? Do they have to pay mortgages and utility bills?

Exactly.  Currency would have absolutely no function in a prison camp -- come on, that's basically what it is.

Here's the worst retcon of all -- if there was an actual ice cream store on the main street that was shown to be part of Rebecca's original plans, why was it always a big deal when Sheriff Pope got a new flavor of ice cream ?  But there was a store there with ice cream and red vines ALL THE TIME.

• Love 7

Margot, no!  Don't die!  You're the only character here I fully like, now!  Smart, capable, and actually seem to have understandable enough reasons for doing what you are doing!  Team Abbie!

Actually, I'm actually finally warming up to Theo now, because he is just so over everything, and I can feel him on that.  And Jason Patric is nailing down the sarcastic, "This is such bullshit!" persona.  Even his hostility with Xander is kind of entertaining me.  I wish they'd both ditch Rebecca, and just spend of the rest of these episode giving each other shit and trading barbs.

Loved all the shots of "Megan's" body.  They clearly either did want to spend the money to have Hope Davis come back as a corpse, or Hope herself was just like "Peace out, y'all!  FREEDOM!!!", as soon as she filmed her death scene.

Kerry now can't have children, so I'm sure Jason will get rid of her, despite what he said.  He's still a incompetent twerp, of course.

Love Adam just bailing Wayward Pines, because even he knows that he would have better luck outside the wall, compared to being anywhere near that stupid town.  Plus, it sounds like Margot likes him enough to assign him "No kill" status, so he's actually coming out ahead, all things considering.

I wouldn't mind the theory of someone actually aligned with the Abbies.  Since we didn't see him, I'm kind of rooting for it to be CJ, and he is making his own play for power.  Or maybe I just want him to finally get interesting since I love Djimon Hounsou.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Julie23 said:

This episode was... kinda good? Have I lowered my standards that much? Still hate Jason and don't really care about the Xander-Rebecca-Theo draaaama, but Margaret's escape and the ineptitude of the boy-army was kind of fun.

I think it helps if you're rooting for the Abbies. I found this episode kind of enjoyable too.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Since we didn't see him, I'm kind of rooting for it to be CJ, and he is making his own play for power.  Or maybe I just want him to finally get interesting since I love Djimon Hounsou.

What the hell happened with CJ ?  He gets practically an entire episode dedicated to his backstory -- and then he up and disappears like a fart in the wind in the following episode.  How come CJ wasn't out helping to hunt the escaped Abbie ?

I thought it was particularly funny with all the salon talk of binoculars and strategic high points in the town -- that nobody went to any of these high points to help find Margaret.

Regardless of the fact that they used grenades to close the tunnel, Xander's "they can dig" comment probably means that the Abbies will be coming through there anyway. The WP soldiers don't get that they only closed one end of it, probably collapsing 2-3% of the overall tunnel.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

If I remember correctly, and unfortunately I think I do, we saw at least 3 different dogs in WP in S1.  After say 1500 years with no humans, any dogs would have probably been eaten by the Abbies, so that means they had to put the dogs in cryo -- so where are all the dog-sized cryo capsules ? Or did they just stack multiple dogs on top of each other to fill a regular people cryo pod (like that Doritos commercial with the dogs in the trench coat).

We also heard multiple dogs barking during the Margaret chase.

Semi-interesting trivia: This episode was directed by David Lynch's daughter, Jennifer.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Accidental Martyr said:

Semi-interesting trivia: This episode was directed by David Lynch's daughter, Jennifer.

At least we didn't get an obligatory scene of Jason huffing off a tank of weirdness dioxide while dry humping Kerry while yelling 'Mommy Loves You" -- David Lynch's Blue Velvet was one weird movie.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DonitsYum said:

Which was why I rolled my eyes when I heard they went for a S2. So dumb. I actually lasted all of S1, which was longer than I lasted thru Under the Dome.

You're lucky you didn't watch S3's disaster then.

13 hours ago, Julie23 said:

For starters, it didn't get bogged down by boring, retconned flashbacks and the annoying characters were kept to a minimum for this season that's been suffering majorly from it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What the hell happened with CJ ?  He gets practically an entire episode dedicated to his backstory -- and then he up and disappears like a fart in the wind in the following episode.  How come CJ wasn't out helping to hunt the escaped Abbie ?

Somebody has to think about feeding these idiots!

• Love 2
On July 14, 2016 at 1:29 AM, juliet73 said:

. Why does WP have a hotel?  I know Matt Dillion stayed there for a night or two in S1, but I think it's odd to build a hotel in a town where NO ONE comes to visit.

That is a very good point, we don't even have a hotel in my suburban town. It's not as if main street America always has one.

oh let's be real nothing about this show makes sense, where did kerry get her fashionable hoops? Did she freeze her jewelry box?

why would Abby's be hairless if they live in nature? We evolved to have hair to protect us. It can't be any nuclear fallout thing because CJ met an Abby-to-be and he had hair.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

At least we didn't get an obligatory scene of Jason huffing off a tank of weirdness dioxide while dry humping Kerry while yelling 'Mommy Loves You" -- David Lynch's Blue Velvet was one weird movie.

One of my all time favorite films. :)

• Love 2

What the hell happened with CJ ?  He gets practically an entire episode dedicated to his backstory -- and then he up and disappears like a fart in the wind in the following episode.

I was going to mention that as well. The show has no focus. It's been that way from the start of this season - one episode will center around Theo and the next around Jason and the next around Rebecca and the next around CJ. I think they're going for a Lost-type of character study here but at the same time they're trying to throw a lot of other ideas at the wall and nothing sticks. 

• Love 3

It does make sense to have some dogs if you want to preserve that Americana thing.  It just seems an odd thing to spend resources on, doggy freezers.

Remember they went through the charade of having a real estate agent in season one.  So they must need the hotel for people freshly unfrozen to stay in if they haven't quite got the living arrangements worked out yet.  

Either that, or for extramarital affairs.  

• Love 3
On 7/14/2016 at 11:12 AM, Julie23 said:

I liked it too though I was confused where Margaret was going.  First shot shows her sliding down a pretty steep cliff (from the mountain bunker?) and a sign saying "WP 2 miles".  So she ran back towards the town? Then she's doing a runabout in the town.  Adam says she knows the town better than they do (how does he know this) but she spends a lot of time running around, why bother going back that way anyway?  Well it was fun to watch her run around and show the ineptitude of everyone else.

I did feel a little sorry for the one boy-soldier breaking down in the hospital, hopefully as he realizes the WP party line is all BS.  I don't feel sorry for Kerry not being able to have kids, she can disappear with Jason know.  I know most people love her but I've never liked that actress or the roles she usually plays.

Arlene has binoculars for bird watching!  Really!  She's not watching her neighbors!  Arlene is great but seems like she came from an entirely different show.

• Love 2

1. Use the helicopter when looking for escaped convicts or Abbies. It helps lol 

2. Station people at the highest points in town - like a watch tower. In fact wayward pines should build some. 

3. Body armor or riot gear would help with fighting the Abbies 

4. The soldiers are poorly trained kids, why didn't pilcher freeze some special forces, seals, maybe a batallion of marines. Anything would have been better. 

5. Three grenades will not cave in that entire tunnel. Maybe 8-15 ft of it at most.  The Abbies can just get back into the tunnel and dig out the 15ft that's caved in. Lol 

6. If the want to kill the most Abbies, get 3-4 dudes in the chopper and mow them down. You can even drop grenades.  

7. The Architect lady bugs me. Rubs me the wrong way. Must be the character. 

8. Hey wayward pines smarties. Slope the ground around wall. Trust me it will help. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LocimusPrime said:

4. The soldiers are poorly trained kids, why didn't pilcher freeze some special forces, seals, maybe a batallion of marines. Anything would have been better. 

There were soldier types guarding the mountain HQ and flying the helicopter last season. No explanation about what happened to them.

• Love 1

Is it wrong that I was extremely happy to know I won't have to hear Megan talk again and that I'm kind of rooting for Margaret?

Oh, by the way, I may have missed it, but does anyone know what happened to Ben's girlfriend who became a nurse?

• Love 2
On 7/14/2016 at 1:19 PM, LittleIggy said:

Honestly, I'm waiting for something to that effect as well.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, kelslamu said:

Is it wrong that I was extremely happy to know I won't have to hear Megan talk again and that I'm kind of rooting for Margaret?

Oh, by the way, I may have missed it, but does anyone know what happened to Ben's girlfriend who became a nurse?

Ben's girlfriend, Amy the nurse, has not appeared in Season 2.

I just assume she was reckoned in the months between the time of Ben's re-awakening and Dr. Theo's awakening.

They never ever did explain how Kate got shot, triggering Theo's unthawing/awakening, or why Kate was even still alive after the events of the S1 finale.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Anyone know where they film this? (Just wondering. It's a nice neighbourhood.) 

Theo and Margare are the only two I'm rooting for really. And Lucy. 

With all those pine trees and the fact that the show has such a small budget, it's likely filmed British Columbia, Canada.

Which turns out to be right, per IMDB -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2618986/locations -- Agassiz, British Columbia, and Coquitlam, British Columbia.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2016 at 6:18 PM, riverheightsnancy said:

It always amazes me how many people are in this town. And why do they need to tell people what to do via Ice Cream truck, when in the past all the old fashioned phones would ring? 

On 7/14/2016 at 10:30 AM, JenE4 said:

Some kids are in school while other, slightly younger kids, are on the carousel. Are they completely uneducated until they get close to the "flower pollination" age, or was it yet another inconsistency just to be able to use the carousel set?

Margaret senses the baby* and was seemingly NOT going attack because of it. But then Xander shoots her in the arm.

It drove me nuts five seconds after all the kids at school we saw other not-much-younger kids on the carousel and in town. There's one school. They all should've been basically there.

I didn't think Margaret "sensed" the baby so much as she saw Rebecca indicating (she moved her arm in a conspicuous gesture) and basically just took the message/believed it based on the look on Rebecca's face. I suppose it's also possibly the Abbie's can basically smell the hormones? Or something. But I took it as a nonverbal direct communication at the time.

On 7/15/2016 at 0:24 AM, lucindabelle said:

why would Abby's be hairless if they live in nature? We evolved to have hair to protect us. It can't be any nuclear fallout thing because CJ met an Abby-to-be and he had hair.

I might've been reading too much into it but I took it as the new retconned explanation for the Abbies is not so much evolution sped up like madcakes, so much as...there was this virus thing we saw in the CJ flashbackey episode. And blonde dude there had just been infected. And probably, said virus killed most people and maybe caused birth defects in others? And was so widespread basically Abbies are the results of children born after that virus. Not necessarily they have said virus, just their looking/being that way came from it. And now the generations left are all descended from that. Or something. Insert fake science here.

Got some questions/comments

1. Why didn't the software that detects Abbies work to help detect the lady Abbie in the town.  I know it works inside the town because when the Abbies stormed the town in season one, it showed a bunch of red dots going pass the fence. 
  2. Where do all the citizens get their protein and meats from? Are their pig and chicken farms located somewhere? Or are they all just eating canned meats like spam. 
  3. The merry go round is lame. There should be a better amusement park 
  4. How come none of the thousands of security cameras caught sight of the escaped female Abby 
  5. Why didn't they bring some horses just in case fuel ran out - I'm assuming they have an endless supply of fuel and wayward pine is prob run on a nuclear reactor. 
  6. How did the two men get shot. Did they run around in circles? It was an idiotic scene. 
  7. The residents and militia of wayward pines are horrible shots.  
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LocimusPrime said:

Got some questions/comments

1. Why didn't the software that detects Abbies work to help detect the lady Abbie in the town.  I know it works inside the town because when the Abbies stormed the town in season one, it showed a bunch of red dots going pass the fence. 

Doesn't that software just detect heat? So in town they wouldn't be able to differentiate between Abbies and humans. Outside the fence they know any heat signature is for an abbie because there are no people out there.

At least that was my assumption, because it is totally plausible to have technology detect heat patterns to see if a creature is in a certain area, but I don't think anything exists that can detect what species something is.

Where do all the citizens get their protein and meats from? Are their pig and chicken farms located somewhere? Or are they all just eating canned meats like spam.

Considering there's a food shortage maybe nowhere? Or from the magical supply Pilcher left in the mountain that is endless or empty depending on storyline needs?

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, SoothingDave said:

It does make sense to have some dogs if you want to preserve that Americana thing.  It just seems an odd thing to spend resources on, doggy freezers.

Remember they went through the charade of having a real estate agent in season one.  So they must need the hotel for people freshly unfrozen to stay in if they haven't quite got the living arrangements worked out yet.  

Either that, or for extramarital affairs.  

Never question Pilcher's economic decisions!  If he decided they needed to spend on doggy freezers, then it was the right decision.

I thought extramarital affairs in heartland America were traditionally carried out at the No-Tell Motel.  On the outskirts of town.

My burning question is why Margaret doesn't have pointy ears like all the male Abbies.  They all look like rejects from Bat Boy.

• Love 2