Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Frozendiva

Hair Tools/Stuff

The place to discuss your favourite dryers, flat irons, curling irons, brushes, tangle removers etc. Even favourite hair products - shampoo, conditioner, styling stuff, etc.

I got tired of my crap brushes and got a Mason Pearson brush last fall. I always enjoy my hairstylist using his to brush my hair and the amazing scalp massage I get from it. The one I got is for fine hair. I also got a tangle remover from my local Sally beauty supply shop. My fine hair makes it very easy for large knots/tangles to form. I see T3 dryers at Winners/TJ Maxx sometimes and wonder if they are worth the $100 price. Granted, I've only been buying $30-40 dryers that last 2 years.

• Like 1

I bought a T3 many years ago when they were a newer item.  It lasted several years.  I also have very fine hair and it was the first hair dryer that didn't turn it into a nasty frizz-fest.  I spent $300 on mine at the time.  I think it was called the Evolution (?).  I also later bought a T3 travel dryer and it did not work as well.  I didn't feel it was any better than any other travel hair dryer on the market.  

• Like 1

With cheap plastic parts, stuff isn't built to last long any more. I see the T3 at Sephora and a couple of stores, but would rather spend the $300 at full-price for something else.  If I feel it'll last 5-6 years, I might consider it. Most hotels come with hair dryers, so unless I need mine specifically, I just use what is available. The new Dyson hair dryer is coming out soon - at a whopping $500 or so Canadian. The one that looks like a doughnut on top of a stick. It looks cool but there haven't been a lot of reviews for it.

Mine lasted at least that long.  It just didn't make it a decade.  My husband used it everyday.  He like how quickly it worked.  I have never had a high maintenance routine for hair and only used it occassionally.  So, when it died I just never bothered replacing it.  

Dyson seems to make good products.  Although, my first vacuum from them I had constant problems with.  It was always being fixed.  Once my extended warranty ran out I got rid of it, but I did buy a new Dyson vacuum after that and haven't had any problems until recently.  I would say it's lasted close to 10 years.  We recently had it fixed and refurbished by someone who specializes in their vacuums and it has given it new life.  I haven't tried any of their other products except for the hand dryers you find in public restrooms.