Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Into The Abyss / S02.E13: The End Game

• Start Topic

The season winds down, first;

The remaining participants are worn thin as starvation and isolation become unbearable. One man faces a potentially deadly situation.

And the finale;

In the final days of the competition, the remaining participants battle for supremacy. After pushing their minds and bodies to the breaking point, one claims the $500,000 prize.

53 minutes ago, saoirse said:

The season winds down, first;

The remaining participants are worn thin as starvation and isolation become unbearable. One man faces a potentially deadly situation.

What could it be? Jose going down in the kayak and suffering from hypothermia? Or, perhaps, Cecil's wolf dog?

• Love 1

I started out LOVING this show, and although I've watched every episode (more than once, thanks to History Canada's penchant for re-running things to death), I lost interest halfway along and am not as invested in the outcome as I'd like. Boo. I'm not sure if it was the editing, maybe? 

In any case, my main reason for watching the finale will be to see the dog/wolf/false alarm/bait & switch/editing shenanigans. 
And I think David might just hang in there to squeak out a win over Effen Larry. 

• Love 3

Thoughts while watching the first episode:

David and his prison shank, too funny!  He has lots of wood, water, the perfect shelter, he says.  Developing patience.  This David is soooo positive.  He fishes and has luck.  Doesn't look like he's close to tapping.   

Larry loves the rain sound, and the ocean is a chest-thumping bully man.  Wait, he's giving up on fishing totally?  I don't think your gill net was a foolish choice, Larry, no matter what your son said.  

Jose gives us a lot of information.  He goes from "one day without grub is all I'm willing to take and then this experiment is over" to wanting to stay for Shauna rather than tap for her.   Turns out that he is unable to work in Canada yet and she has been supporting him.  Now that is quite a revelation from a man who has to have a healthy ego.  

If Larry is still here by the end of the episode, I'll be shocked.  

Too bad about Jose's net gill problem.  Maybe this is going to be the reason for what appears to be a cold bath. 

David talks about isolation and his family.

Color me confused.  lol.  F'ing Larry is being positive again.  

Jose builds a float and discussing his kayak strategy.  uh-oh. Yep, into the water he goes!  OMG, it actually happened!!!

Nice lead into the finale.

• Love 1
(edited)

I kept yelling at my tv for F*g Larry to tap.  Though maybe we should change his name to Whining Larry.  God almighty I thought he'd never stop!  And darn it, if he isn't rejuvenated.

David is doing so well, I hope he doesn't hive up.

I feel much better abt a Jose win, as we're now FINALLY getting to know him.

ETA:

I can tell which cove the crew arrives at for the win.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

Well Comcast has suddenly decided that some of us are in Canada too and wont get to see the finale either because we lost all service around 10:15. Thanks a lot Comcast! Sorry about Jose. Is it my imagination, or does the food issue seem much worse than last year?

1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Can anyone update us as to what has happened? I'm dying here!

Jose got completely wet and had to tap.  All his wool clothes and only boots were on him.  He apologized to his wife.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Can anyone update us as to what has happened? I'm dying here!

Jose tapped before he could even get out of the water.  He was wearing all his wool and heavy clothes, so knew he was done.  It was sad. 

A lot of David and Larry talking about family.  David tripped on the rocks and hurt his knee(s), so that is added suspense.  They showed little compilations of both their time on the island.

A boat was just shown with what appears to be the crew and maybe a family member(?) for the winner!!  Then...commercial which is where we're at now.  sheesh! 

Okay, the boat was for the tapper!  

Spoiler

David won!!  Wow.

Spoiler

Edited by MostlyContent

Wow, let me just say this is the best freakin' show on TV!  I'm saving the last episode to savor the lessons learned.  Something David said on the helicopter ride was very profound and I want to hear it again, perhaps even write it down.  I was pulling for David and so happy he won.  I loved his attitude in the end, and how he thanked God for every fish.  Hearing him refer to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, I realized he had more depth than I ever knew and this experience has deepened him all the more. I like him every bit as much as Alan last year now.  His reunion with his daughter was extremely touching and it made me cry.

Larry impressed me too but not as much as David did.  I felt so sorry for him and Jose feeling like they let their families down.  I can understand it but wow, they really have no reason to feel like failures and I'm pretty sure their families will understand.  It all came down the way I thought it would.  Jose did some dumb things but taking that thing with him on the boat I knew that was when it was going to do him in and capsize. 

I guess they were faking us out with the wolf, and by showing him to us they were playing with us again.  No matter, still a great show.

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, seasick said:

I think both came and got the most important things that they needed.

I think so too.  I hope Larry was OK when he realized he was the next to last.  He did say it was hunger that did him in, I think in the first ep they said he was getting something like 300 cals twice per day.  That level of hunger messes with your mental as well as your physical state.  He seemed to rally after his breakdown (which was uncomfortable to watch).  He was trying different things to get food but they weren't working.  I think he can definitely say he gave it everything he had.

Jose's tap out was pretty sad - he looked so tired and defeated.  I guess we got so much kayak footage because that was what did him in but I'm glad he took it home too.

Both he and Larry talked about not wanting to disappoint their families (though Larry more so); hopefully both have families who are proud of them and who aren't let down that they didn't win. 

So woo hoo!  congrats to David!  It was very touching when he turned around and saw his daughter.  I hope he realizes he still has to say "no" once in a while :)

Really good set of episodes.  Though we know Jose wasn't seriously hurt, I'm glad we didn't have to wait until next week to see the outcome of the kayak tip. Once he left, I couldn't decide who was going to win and then I thought the tap out was in David's cove.  And I had to give a sympathy wince when he fell on his 50 yr old knees.

Looking forward to the reunion special next week.

Edited by raven
  • Love 5
(edited)

I was starting to pull for Larry to win, but am not disappointed with the outcome. David looked like he could go a few days and was still catching the occasional fish. Larry was this year's Sam...on the brink of starvation but white knuckling through to second place on sheer determination. Hopefully the experience allows him to make the changes he wants in his life, and to be a little less hard on himself.

So the wolf charge was stock footage that wasn't even used in the actual show?Did I miss something or was the only wolf we saw the one that was just calmly checking out the camera from a safe distance? Biggest and lamest fakeout yet. We don't need fake animal attacks to hype the drama, particularly when wolves historically have been the victims of human persecution based on misconceptions of them being vicious, indiscriminate killers.

Here is better footage of a close encounter with wolves. I think this photographer is getting too close and pressing his luck, but still definitely cool to see such close interaction. Can the producers recruit this guy for Alone?

Edited by Scaeva
  • Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Scaeva said:

So the wolf charge was stock footage that wasn't even used in the actual show?

It might have actually happened in the show but they only showed it in the previews, like they do with movies sometimes, show stuff they filmed in the trailer that doesn't appear in the movie itself.   I agree completely about wolf persecution and liked the wolf "goodbye" we got - though who knows when that was filmed, it was probably edited in. 

I'm still pretty pleased.  Great season!

OK I'm a sap watching again - great framing when David is talking about "why go home now, I have all these Dungeness crabs" and we see his daughter walking up behind him.  Awww :)

Edited by raven
  • Love 5

That was gripping.  I've been pulling for David since the second or third episode so I am delighted that he won but sad for Larry at the same time.  They both had me in tears at the end.  David has great depth of character.  I really, really like him.  It must have been special for his kids to watch the show and hear him say, over and over, how much they mean to him.  

Jose must have been mentally burned out.  He sent an emergency signal and was still standing in the freezing cold water when the boat arrived despite having the ability to walk out.  I wonder how far away the emergency crew is stationed.

I'm looking forward to the reunion show next week.

• Love 8

There is nothing like the gift of true gratitude to make one's life richer.  I think Larry knew he needed that.  David had his strong faith to guide him with spiritual principles of gratitude, acceptance, and hope.  He has a certain strength thru that that can give him the courage to change and find fulfillment.  Larry did not.  I think Larry got a little spiritual awakening that may help him get that courage.  My heart really goes out to him.   Great congratulations to David and those who picked him for the win.

• Love 8
(edited)

Did anyone notice the Eagles they showed before Larry tapped and then right before David left and during the helicopter ride? I wonder if they were American or Canadian Eagles? ;) 

I hope that this will help Larry, but somehow I doubt it. His negativity is very much part of him and his worldview. I couldn't take anymore of his negativity tonight. And his crying for God at his bucket was really uncomfortable to watch.  I found it interesting that he actually stated that he was not in it for the money and then said it was for the experience, but then backtracked on that by saying he didn't want to disappoint his wife and the money would help.Maybe he thought that saying that he was in it for the money only would be perceived negatively?  I was glad to hear Jose talk about the money and why he was in it (we all assumed that it was not about the money for him) and feel that we got shortchanged on his edit, especially because he lasted until #3. Who knows how long it would have gone if he didn't spill his kayak? Jose looked very skinny. 

Edited by riverheightsnancy
  • Love 4

Great ending. I would have been happy with any of the final three winning. Only started to connect with Jose this week as he opened up more about why he wanted to win. Even tonight he talked about missing one day of food would end his "experiment". Right then I was ready to put a hex on him. But then he started talking about not being able to support his wife and how winning this would let him contribute more - yeah I decided I'd be happy if he won. And man did he look defeated when the boat arrived. As someone said already, hope the boat got there fast because he was done for. Just pushed that button and stayed in the water freezing waiting on the boat. Then he need help putting on dry clothes and wrapped up in sleeping bag for the boat ride.

Man, watching Larry was painful. He pulled his net, gave up on fishing, and decided to burn all his wood, eat the last of his food, and go home. Then he bounced back yet again and I was hoping he'd get some fish and get a second wind - again. Remember how before his move he stopped catching anything and then perked up as soon as he moved. I thought maybe we'd see another come back, but it wasn't to be. Nothing to be ashamed of, as he said he gave it all.

And David... congrats to the winner, he deserved it. He won going away having already caught the day's meal when they came to get him. They tried to trick us with his fall and bruised knee, but tonight he was the only one still feeding himself, and I noticed he had a stockpile of wood in his shelter. Course they had to built the suspense as the boat was coming from Larry, showing David with another 1000 yard stare. Really could have been either one tapping, as both had experienced low points and come back.

Final words on editor drama. Finally saw Jose get dunked - and it lived up to the hype as a game changer. I was actually glad I was watching a recording so I could FF through the commercial break to see him come back up. Sure, it wasn't all that deep, but the way he was reaching back to toss that rock to anchor his net had me thinking what would happen if he got tackled in the net. Ok, editors, the Jose dunking turned out to be something, even though it took FOREVER to mean anything. But the wolf was total BS. Weeks of showing previews of a charging wolf, and when the wolf actually appears on the show it's stock footage of a wolf standing in a forest... boo hiss ??

• Love 9

I'm sure they all ask "Who else or how many are left?  when they tap.  I wish they would show those moments.  I can understand saving Larry's reaction maybe for the reunion, but I think it's more than reasonable to want to see that.

29 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Great ending. I would have been happy with any of the final three winning. Only started to connect with Jose this week as he opened up more about why he wanted to win. Even tonight he talked about missing one day of food would end his "experiment". Right then I was ready to put a hex on him. But then he started talking about not being able to support his wife and how winning this would let him contribute more - yeah I decided I'd be happy if he won. And man did he look defeated when the boat arrived. As someone said already, hope the boat got there fast because he was done for. Just pushed that button and stayed in the water freezing waiting on the boat. Then he need help putting on dry clothes and wrapped up in sleeping bag for the boat ride.

Man, watching Larry was painful. He pulled his net, gave up on fishing, and decided to burn all his wood, eat the last of his food, and go home. Then he bounced back yet again and I was hoping he'd get some fish and get a second wind - again. Remember how before his move he stopped catching anything and then perked up as soon as he moved. I thought maybe we'd see another come back, but it wasn't to be. Nothing to be ashamed of, as he said he gave it all.

And David... congrats to the winner, he deserved it. He won going away having already caught the day's meal when they came to get him. They tried to trick us with his fall and bruised knee, but tonight he was the only one still feeding himself, and I noticed he had a stockpile of wood in his shelter. Course they had to built the suspense as the boat was coming from Larry, showing David with another 1000 yard stare. Really could have been either one tapping, as both had experienced low points and come back.

Final words on editor drama. Finally saw Jose get dunked - and it lived up to the hype as a game changer. I was actually glad I was watching a recording so I could FF through the commercial break to see him come back up. Sure, it wasn't all that deep, but the way he was reaching back to toss that rock to anchor his net had me thinking what would happen if he got tackled in the net. Ok, editors, the Jose dunking turned out to be something, even though it took FOREVER to mean anything. But the wolf was total BS. Weeks of showing previews of a charging wolf, and when the wolf actually appears on the show it's stock footage of a wolf standing in a forest... boo hiss ??

Larry sure had several  'phoenix'  moments.  I really was on the edge of my seat.  I even FF'd past the recaps.  Both sitting by the water....  but Larry's sweater kind of gave it away for me.  About as 'dressed up' as they can possibly be for the ride home.   During the first episode it seemed they would be there a lot longer..I picked day 66 but it wasn't looking too good at that point when all 3 were rallying.  

I think Jose' had been flirting with disaster for awhile (the mussels) if only subconsciously, to have a reason to leave.  I'm  surprised that he was so bedraggled by the end.  I think Nicole looked the healthiest!  

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, so, wow, that was some good stuff!  WAS THERE A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE???

It's too bad we couldn't all have live chatted those last two hours together--there were ups, there were downs, there were fakeouts and breakdowns, calamities and rallies.

The differences in their comparative mental states were apparent.  I thought Jose, in his tranquil way, and Larry, in his excitable way, were both foggy and showing their mental exhaustion by telling their cameras somewhat inconsistent stuff from one day to the next.  It didn't seem so much that they'd thought it over and changed their minds as that they simply had different truths on different days.  Jose:  I'm only willing to go one day without grub and then it's over//This is my one chance in life to do something like this for my wife.  Larry:  God, pleeeeease rain some fish down on my head!//I've never quit anything in my entire life.

David seemed immutable and on message that the emotional deprivation was very difficult to deal with.  I think he stayed more mentally consistent because he had a steadier calorie intake. 

The last days were edited for drama max.

Day 58:  Larry has his breakdown.

Day 59:  Jose tips and taps; Larry decides to stop being a half-empty kind of guy and to start being more positive. 

Day 60, Larry has a (funny) conversation with his hand about money and David hurts his knees.

Day 61: David talks about old knees being slow to heal and looking forward to when this is over.

Day 64 . . . Wait a minute!  I had my money on Day 62!  Neither of them did anything interesting on 62 or 63?  Did anyone have anything to eat?  Uh oh, here comes a boat . . .for . . .Larry!   Yeow, Larry's 61-64 must have been brutal.  You didn't want to show us any of that?

"Day 66:  One Person Remains"  What?!?  You left David out there all by himself for 48 extra hours, you sick puppies!  Oh, I guess we had to import the daughter.  Okay, yes, that made nice footage.  Good thing a cougar didn't get David on Day 65, though, eh?

(I'm not exactly sure which day it was when that wolf appeared and gave us a Kodak moment, hee.)

Edited by candall
tranquil with a 'q'
  • Love 10

So I've been asking all along if they get paid anything, as in, weekly, per episode, etc. I still haven't heard an answer but what Jose said made me really wonder. He said he hasn't been in Canada long and his wife supports them because he can't work yet. So that has to mean they don't get paid. At least per Jose, he can't.

Yay for David!

• Love 1
(edited)

I am so happy that David won and perhaps Larry can use this experience for some real personal growth.

I am lucky enough to have a friend who watches this with me.  A lot of my t.v. seems to be stuff no one I knows watches, but I actually had a partner for this show, that was not my husband for once.

Anyway my friend said that she thought Jose tipped the kayak on purpose.  She is into the culture of the Native peoples of America and Jose was her favorite before the season began, since he was so knowledgeable about native techniques.

She started getting worried when mid season Jose started to looked so gaunt and sickly.  She said he is wasting his time and calories on the boat, instead of food gathering.  First rule of survival...nature is not on your timeline or care about your plans (something Jose admitted was his downfall).  When the weather is good you need to understand your resources at hand and make use of them to the fullest, before they become depleted.

Anyway, it was obvious to anyone that Jose was starving to death.  My friend says she thinks Jose tipped his canoe on purpose because he did not want to admit he failed.  She says Jose is one of those guys who pretends to be so deep and sensitive to Native people, but when push comes to shove can not take it when things do not go their way.

She thinks the little speech about his wife supporting him was lip service and he just wanted to go him and not face her wrath.  Really with Jose's skills and home court advantage (besides Nicole, he should the most familiar with the terrain), this competition was his to lose.

She said if she was his Canadian wife, she would kick his ass to the curb.

For the record, my husband thought she was being way too harsh.  My husband really likes Jose and felt sorry for him when the kayak fell in the water.  He thinks Jose is totally sincere and wishes him the best.

This almost erupted into an argument at my house.

I thought it was hilarious that such a sweet and quite little show could cause people to become so angry.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7

I think that it is kind of sad that two of the final 3 alluded that their wives would be angry with them if they didn't win. That somehow they had wimped out and quit at the first sign of discomfort. Even as a couch cruiser, I can see that it looks very hard and circumstances can be out of your control. I don't like that they basically showed Jose's reason to tap on the opening for the show. Have they done that with anyone else? I know we saw MK's hand, but it did not have her face in the frame and it happened early enough that we didn't start wondering when that would happen and to which person. Same goes for the wolf. That was cheap producers and you don't need that for this show. I mean look at Larry. I imagine that he gave them more than enough drama. I hope that they didn't not show Jose more because he was more quiet and introspective and they only want to show people who are really extroverted or really "act" for the camera.

If this is where they are going with the casting, this will push them to then only cast people who act dramatic when filming and I think that there is a place for a variety of personalities, perspectives, and genders. One thing that I thought about last night, they almost always showed Nicole in some type of "trumped up" peril with wild animals. And reacting to animals with a dramatic voice or sound.  I hope that wasn't specifically because she was female either. They also used a lot of footage that showed her being really upbeat and almost a little kooky. Again, I hope that was not because she is female and they wanted to illustrate only one thing about her personality. I would like to know why she wasn't storing fish (since she had so much early on) and what was happening there. 

All-in-all it was a good show, and even though I wanted Jose, David was a very good winner. I should have noticed his story line and arc. He definitely had a redemption arc.  I think that Larry's edit was so negative and labile, that he couldn't be the winner. And Jose had very little air time, which was a signal as well. I really look forward to the reunion and I hope that it is not like last year where one of the people was 2nd tap and we didn't get anything from some of the longest Aloners. And because money seems like a major reason for being there for the final 3, even if they downplayed that, I do hope that these guys get paid for each episode like they do on other shows. At least that would mean they got some money out of it along with the experience and all that to help them in their real lives. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

She thinks the little speech about his wife supporting him was lip service and he just wanted to go him and not face her wrath.  Really with Jose's skills and home court advantage (besides Nicole, he should the most familiar with the terrain), this competition was his to lose.

She said if she was his Canadian wife, she would kick his ass to the curb.

For the record, my husband thought she was being way to harsh.  My husband really likes Jose and felt sorry for him when the kayak fell in the water.  He thinks Jose is totally sincere and wishes him the best.

This almost erupted into an argument into my house.

That sounds like a fun finale at your house, qtype!

Jose's tip 'n tap was definitely the most inscrutable incident of the whole show.  As someone mentioned a long time ago, the outlying stabilizers he'd affixed to his kayak were way too short and tiny to compensate for much of a weight shift.  Was he in a brain fog of hunger and simply lost his concentration?  Did he take the most "honorable" way out after saying his wife was paying the bills and he had this one amazing chance to change their lives with a big cash infusion?  Could it have been spurred by a subconscious desire to wrap up the whole chapter?

He certainly had some strange behavior after he dunked.  He appeared to be using his last molecule of energy to pull that gizmo out of his pocket and push the mayday button.  Then he just stood there, hip deep in the cold water, until the boat came.  Had to take at least 15 or 20 minutes.  If his bottom half was warmer, why didn't he squat down?  If his top half was warmer, why didn't he slog ten feet over to the bank (or flop himself across the kayak?)  I'm cynical enough to consider he thought his Go-Pro was ruined and he wanted some verified footage from the rescue boat cameras that he was wet and cold beyond repair.  He didn't sound "out of it" enough when they arrived to be so catatonic while he waited.

I'm not blaming him--he was clearly stick-a-fork-in-me done.  And it must have been a very bitter pill to swallow for the man whose whole existence is wilderness expertise.

P.S>I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Jose because of one thing:  He said "Go on your journey now, Brother" before he smashed the fish's head with a rock.  That was so respectful of the sacrifice compared to Larry dancing around with his own rock-smashed creature and crowing "Take THAT, Sucker!"

Edited by candall
  • Love 8

Hey History Channel, help Jose get his green card or the Canadian equivalent so the dude can get a job.

You'd be doing a brother and Mrs. Jose a solid.

Jose couldn't outlast 2 guys who were essentially weekend bush crafters while he fancied himself an expert.

The kayak's name should be Jose's Folly.

Glad he took it home as a reminder of his fail, Larry would have stomped it to splinters and set it on fire at the beach.

• Love 7

By the end of the first episode, I was solidly pro-Larry - he was cracking me up and making me feel feelings. I felt for Jose but he did need to tap after that dunk. David was a BEAST. He just kept gaining momentum. I cried like a baby when he won and his daughter was walking up behind him. Congrats!!

• Love 7

David was kind of interesting in that he was sort of the opposite of every other contestant from both seasons. Usually everyone starts off in high spirits and then gradually gets morose the longer they stick around. David started off as a sad sack but seemed to get increasingly upbeat the longer he stayed.

• Love 12

David digging deep and Larry's ups and downs in the final 2 hours redeemed this season for me.

Larry will regret his tapping and it will eat at him for the rest of his life unless Alone has a very special season of "close but no cigar" contestants.

Looking forward to the reunion show.

What question would you want the Aloners, producers, editors to answer about this season?

How much weight did each of the last 5 tap outs lose?

Larry lost 32 pounds, one fifth of his body weight.

• Love 3

O.M.G.  

I just spent about 2 hours quoting and replying and then my goddamn internet went down and I lost the whole fucking thing.  

I am now f'ing MostlyContent.  <evil mad smiley> 

Short version:

1) Congrats David.  You were a creepy Eeyore, and then you morphed.

2) Larry is still an asshole.  

3) Jose is ocd and I adore him.  

Can't wait for the reunion, unless it's like last year's.  

I am so pissed off and I hate the interwebs.  And I hate Charter (like Comcast).  

• Love 3

I was glad when Larry realized that you have to be thankful for the little things in life and that how, when times get tough, you should focus on just how lucky you really are.  That kind of attitude got me through some horrific health problems; the first time I had to walk past the children's cancer ward lounge in order to get to a doctor's appointment, seeing those heroic kids and their incredible parents and siblings brought that message home to me.

Looks like Larry has a nice home, a family that loves him and his health.  What he needs to do now is to find something in his life that he can be passionate about, maybe a hobby or teaching young children survival skills, just something that he finds meaningful.  Yeah, he hates being an electrician, but I hope he can explore other opportunities that are fulfilling to him.  Hopefully he has gotten rid of the anger and bitterness.  That being said, I kind of missed the cursing.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Larry will regret his tapping and it will eat at him for the rest of his life unless Alone has a very special season of "close but no cigar" contestants.

I worry about this, too.  If Larry had known he was next-to-last, I think he would have scraped down the sides of his tank and found another spoonful of fortitude.

But it's just as well.  Barring the cougar wild card, Larry would have keeled over before he managed to outlast David.  David had turned into survival steel.

I wonder if they were so sketchy about those last four days because it would have ruined the dramatic finale if we saw David pulling up crabs hand over fist while Larry gnawed on his shoe leather.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

I just spent about 2 hours quoting and replying and then my goddamn internet went down and I lost the whole fucking thing

Killer!  I hate when that happens!

I have messages that the site is doing repair work.  This is the only thread I can access, which, yay!  (Sorry about all the posts, though.)

• Love 2

Let's say that Larry or Jose had a decent food source and hadn't tapped. How long could David have been pulling in those crabs before completely exhausting the source? They cannot be unlimited. How would he know or gauge that? Why is it that no one uses worms for fishing? In that wet environment, there must be tons in the earth. To that end, why isn't anyone eating them? The minute it rains, I get worms in my in-ground pool, they are just on the ground. The way that Jose talked about "grub", I think that he has been subsisting on the allowed food and supplementing with some fish, limpets, etc... does anyone know what he brought with him out of the 10 items? Did Larry or David bring any food? 

• Love 3