Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sdpfeiffy

The Business: News, Rumours, Analysis, and More

Huh, i thought he quit acting. I remember he wouldn't reprise his role in the Ghostbuster VG saying he was done with acting.

By all accounts, Rick Moranis is a great guy.  I don't know that we need another Honey I Shrunk The Kids movie, but what the hell, I'm glad he'll be back.

Speaking of Disney, live action Aladdin sequel is in the works

Again, don't know if we need this, even though I liked the other one, but as long as it's better than Maleficent 2, whatever.  I'm sort of glad that they aren't remaking the cartoon sequels because that way I can keep the cartoon Aladdin a different canon than the live action one.

• Like 6

I'm intrigued that Chris Evans is talks to be the nasty dentist in the Little Shop of Horrors remake. I'm eager to see how his singing is. Taron Egarton is rumored for Seymour, which would be great.

Unfortunately ScarJo is in talks for Audrey. What the hell, Hollywood?! Is there no other blonde actress out there who would be a million times better for the part?!? Her voice alone is all wrong for Audrey. Michelle Williams would be PERFECT, she can do dumb blonde and her singing is superb!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm intrigued that Chris Evans is talks to be the nasty dentist in the Little Shop of Horrors remake. I'm eager to see how his singing is. Taron Egarton is rumored for Seymour, which would be great.

Unfortunately ScarJo is in talks for Audrey. What the hell, Hollywood?! Is there no other blonde actress out there who would be a million times better for the part?!? Her voice alone is all wrong for Audrey. Michelle Williams would be PERFECT, she can do dumb blonde and her singing is superb!

Re Chris Evans, he can definitely play deranged assholes, as Knives Out and Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World proved. As Seymour, Taron Egerton can look the part, act the part and, as Rocketman shows, he can definitely sing the part.

About ScarJo, my vote: "Hell, no!" She can technically carry a tune, but Audrey requires/deserves a great singer, like MW, Lady Gaga, Anna Kendrick, Megan Hilty or Mj Rodriguez, who played the role last year and slayed,  by many accounts. 

On the bright side, at least Billy Porter will be the voice of Audrey II. I can't wait to see how A2 sounds-and looks.

My other casting suggestions:

Chris Rock, Jack Black or Craig Robinson as Weird Wink Wilkinson

Rick Moranis, Andy Serkis or Jamie Bell as the First Customer

JK Simmons, Steve Martin, Bill Murray or Mandy Patinkin as Mr. Mushnik

Janelle Monae, Lizzo and Zendaya as the Urchins

Nick Kroll or John Mulaney as Patrick Martin

Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Craig or Sebastian Stan as The Patient

Edited by DollEyes
  • Like 3

So the Cesar Awards (French Oscars) decided to award Roman Polanski with their Best Director award last night, which led to Adele Haenel (an actress who recently opened up about being sexually harassed by her director as a child actress, and who has been openly critical of France's resistance to the #metoo movement) to lead a walkout in protest:

Edited by AshleyN
  • Like 14