Type keyword(s) to search

D.B. Cooper: Case Closed? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

An investigation of the case of airplane hijacker D.B. Cooper, who received a $200,000 ransom and parachuted out of a plane over Washington in 1971 and was never found.

Premieres Sunday, July 10, at 9 PM ET on the History Channel.

This was one of the most boring specials I have ever seen.  Could easily have been a 2 hr special not 4.  I fast-forwarded through part 2 because it was so boring and all over the place.  That poor guy spent all that money with no results.

This was one of the most boring specials I have ever seen.  Could easily have been a 2 hr special not 4.  I fast-forwarded through part 2 because it was so boring and all over the place.  That poor guy spent all that money with no results.

I too, was disappointed. I think I'm getting too cynical for these types of specials. I go into it looking for the unbalanced POV, the jumping to conclusions, the flimsy evidence, etc. This delivered on those fronts, but left me feeling hollow.

• Love 1

The repetition on history channel documentaries is appalling, and actually insults the audience. Most 1 hour docs easily could say the exact same things in half an hour or less. Kudos to the author for calling them out on this. I think they recruit their filmmakers from all those willing to see an at most 45 minute documentary turned into 4 hours, and go from there.

History Channel played this today. Why did they think there was enough to stretch this into two 2-hour specials? National Geographic did it better in one hour and had a more likely conclusion: Cooper didn't know what he was doing, fell into the frigid Columbia(?) River, and his corpse was swept out to sea.

I should've been satisfied with Drunk History's take on the subject and banked 3.5 hours for watching paint dry. Oh well, moving on to Geraldo's special about Al Capone's vaults -- I heard it's really good 😅

• LOL 1

D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?! on Netflix included this special in the second part. I don't remember a lot about this show, but apparently the FBI brought in the stewardess who had been with Cooper the longest and she didn't think Robert Rackstraw was D.B. Cooper on the show, followed shortly by the FBI putting the D.B. Cooper case on suspension. Colbert's case was compelling, but him then claiming an FBI and CIA conspiracy and one of his researchers "proving" it was Colbert based on mathemagically comparing the last sentence of Cooper's letter with "I am D.B. Cooper" was just a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Gharlane