Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Uninterrupted

Sometimes during 4th year you can have some time off before starting rotations to research, etc. I remember that if you do research, 8 weeks can be allotted for free time. I tended to black out most of medical school to remember the schedule. I'm pretty sure that the writers forgot that Divya was a medical student because the writers wouldn't think this much about anything. 

3 hours ago, twoods said:

I'm pretty sure that the writers forgot that Divya was a medical student because the writers wouldn't think this much about anything. 

I think we spent more time thinking about story lines here then the writers did...

• Love 5

Not a bad finale for this show.  I'm glad everyone got their happy endings, though I would have liked more on Jeremiah.  I never warmed to Jill, so I'm glad her role was minimal and we didn't have to see her much. 

I missed seeing Russell at the end, though.  He was always one of my favorites, and I enjoyed his relationship with Paige. 

Too bad USA isn't making any more light-hearted, fun series anymore.  I guess they feel people need traumatic drama all the time, but I like the breezier shows that aren't so full of sturm and drang all the time.

• Love 2

We apparently like wallowing in violence and grief (24/7 news coverage of anything sensational, which usually entails tragedy), so I guess it stands to reason that we're now finding this entertaining.

On 7/9/2016 at 1:27 PM, Ohmo said:

With the ending of Royal Pains, we have reached the end of an era.  No more Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, White Collar, or Royal Pains...and television is a bit lesser for it, in my opinion.

I watched every one of those shows except White Collar. I agree with you. I'm going to miss Royal Pains, and shows like it, just fun shows to watch that you didn't have to think too much about.

I thought the finale was okay but I wasn't happy with the three years later thing. I wanted them to show everybody. With Divya's actress being pregnant they could have just shown her with a three  year old and said that she was pregnant again. I really wanted to see her and Raj's family.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2016 at 8:37 AM, candall said:

P.S>I loved Campbell Scott being all Rico Suave, but did anyone ever understand the Boris Kuester von Jurgens-Ratenicz story?  Posh bazillionaire, rare genetic disorder, home shark tank:  Work it!

The answer is simple: Boris is a bond supervillain

On 7/8/2016 at 10:54 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh of course Boris is Russian royalty. What else was left, for him to be an alien overlord from another planet?

I was not happy to see Julie Jill again. It seemed so hard to get rid of her to begin with and then they brought her back for the finale? KMN.

Sorry to see Royal Pains go. It was one of the things to look forward to every summer.

The only thing left was for Hank to stumble in on Boris with a suave British man strapped to a table with a laser slowly moving to kill him, then since it is Royal Pains, the British man starts to have a medical emergency and Hank saves 007.

So, I just caught up on the series because I was bored. Before starting the episode, my parents made some predictions, some out there, some not so.

1. They will end up being royalty (Somehow... ended up being partially true)

2. There will be a severe medical catastrophe that only Hank can solve, maybe the start of the zombie apocalypse (Damn, not true)

3. The series will end with a flash forward (Easy one to guess)

4. Evan and Paige will adopt those kids (They have been saying that since the episode those kids were introduced)

Also, my version of Boris' story, completely off of my memory:

Boris is from a vaguely Bavarian family with super old money, like Rothschild old. Every man in his family has had a DEBILITATING GENETIC CONDITION. So Boris tries to cure it with sharks. It suddenly gets worse, Hank runs some tests and figures out it is poison and not the genetic condition. Boris is relieved. Boris has a child with a Cuban doctor and it turns out BORIS HAS THE CONDITION OH NOES! However, Boris has been funding research into this disease. A lot of people don't like Boris, so he hides in family. People try to kill him a lot, sometimes relatives, sometimes a Russian guy who is his half brother(I think?). One time Boris fakes his death (So they sell off stuff. I think Paige and the guy she works with sold the stuff?). Then in this last season everyone wants Boris' DNA so they can prove he is descended from the Tsars, because they want him to take over Russia.

If they want to prove his heritage...

why not get some DNA from his son. He probably sees a pediatrician

They can just take a diaper

• Love 2

I put off watching this finale for almost a year because I didn't want the show to end.   It was mindless entertainment, and that's what I loved about it.  Finally I gave in.

My sole gripe is that Evan got Shadow Pond.   He doesn't deserve it.  He never did.

Farewell, Boris!  See you in House of Cards, yah?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Evan completely earned it. He's been the success behind HankMed from the start. It was his idea. His job was to grow the business while Hank mocked him for it the entire time. Evan hired an actual responsible doctor in Jeremiah to run the show while Hank flitted off to his fancies with Boris. 

On 10/15/2017 at 11:17 PM, ganesh said:

Evan completely earned it. He's been the success behind HankMed from the start. It was his idea. His job was to grow the business while Hank mocked him for it the entire time. Evan hired an actual responsible doctor in Jeremiah to run the show while Hank flitted off to his fancies with Boris. 

Evan had a multitude of character flaws to make up for.   The accomplishments cited tend to settle his outstanding accounts.   But IMO they don't make him Shadow Pond-worthy.   I'm not sure he's Paige-worthy, even now.  

• Love 2