Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Hit and Run, Run, Run

The PLLs desperately attempt to cover up their secret, and in turn, end up straining their relationships with their respective bed buddies by keeping them in the dark. While the aftermath of Haleb's kiss weighs on Spaleb's relationship, Spencer copes in ways she might later regret. Mona intervenes with the cover-up plan, for better or worse.

Promo:

I'm looking forward to finding out what harebrained rationale they have for burying Wrollins instead of, you know, calling the cops.  "Oh, no cell phone service right now.  Might as well commit multiple felonies".  Also, no way does "hitting some idiot who ran in front of me on a dark winding road in the middle of the night" translate to "first degree murder" as Spencer said in the season opener.  Hell, I doubt Hanna's car insurance premium would even go up.

• Love 4

BED BUDDIES? OH FUCK OFF.

It's time to face facts, yo. The "he's coming" flash forward is never happening. Just let it go. It's another victim of the season of romance, and ANSWERS. It's time for us all to move on (from logic).

• Love 5
(edited)

Seriously, how would Hannah not notice that big honking piece of windshield glass in her hair while washing it ?

If she wasn't freaking out from the PTSD from being kidnapped and tortured before, now she's got an extra level of trauma from hitting and killing Rollins.  I would have been more impressed if she pulled a tooth out of her hair, but Rollins' face survive the impact intact.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

This can't be the first person Hanna's killed in seven seasons of this show, right? Emily killed Not Cousin Nate, Aria killed Shana, Spencer's participation in the Night of One Thousand Yellow Tops led to the banning of shovels from Rosewood, Mona cuts bitches left and right, Ali definitely did not kill Charlotte, and I don't remember if any of the guys ever did anything, but what about Hanna? 

• Love 1

Hanna is a first-time killer (even though I wouldn't call hitting someone who runs in front of your car in the dark murder) But she can now join Emily and Aria at the "we killed someone who was continuously trying to murder us and/or our friends and now we feel real bad" weekly meetings. 

It's kind of ironic that Spencer is now the only main liar not directly responsible for someone's death, because she seems like the most likely to accidently murder someone in a fit of rage and wrong assumptions. And if/when we find out Alison didn't actually kill Charlotte, she too will be part of the non-murdering club and it'll be kind of hilarious that Alison, the supposed root of all evil in Rosewood, is one of the only ones in the group without a body to her name. 

There's still time though. Maybe Spencer will kill someone by the end of the season because she feels left out. 

• Love 3

Especially since Spencer's entire family thought she murdered Alison and/or whoever was in the shallow grave for YEARS. Maybe she can kill Shower to make up for it.

Do we know who killed Jessica DiLaurentis yet? Is it too late for Ali to be the one who did that? Or maybe Ian? Or Garrett? Isn't he also totally dead? Hell, aren't there a ton of unaccounted for murders still? Let Ali have one, it's only fair.

Bethany is like the only person we know for sure that neither of them murdered, so that's no fun. I want them all to have actually killed someone by the end of the show, even if the show has clearly forgotten half of it, so that at least in my head I can totally imagine these weekly bitching sessions over wine and pig faced cupcakes about how hard it is to be teen killers and whether or not they met any new very creepy children with dolls named after them that week. Then they can go out afterwards on a group date with all their truuuuuuuuuue looooooooooooves. Except Emily, whose high school girlfriend wisely got the hell out of town and never looked back, sorry not sorry. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SadieT said:

It's kind of ironic that Spencer is now the only main liar not directly responsible for someone's death, because she seems like the most likely to accidently murder someone in a fit of rage and wrong assumptions. And if/when we find out Alison didn't actually kill Charlotte, she too will be part of the non-murdering club and it'll be kind of hilarious that Alison, the supposed root of all evil in Rosewood, is one of the only ones in the group without a body to her name. 

At least Spencer had a drug problem and is a pro at picking locks.  Unless I am forgetting something, Alison hasn't even trespassed since the night she went missing.  Seriously, what happened to the little sociopath we saw in the first three or four seasons of flashbacks?  If anything being stalked by a psychopath and living on the street is decent motivation to commit all kinds of crimes.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, SadieT said:

It's kind of ironic that Spencer is now the only main liar not directly responsible for someone's death, because she seems like the most likely to accidently murder someone in a fit of rage and wrong assumptions

I hope that was her yearbook superlative because in Rosewood, that totally should be a "most likely to..."

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Lii said:

Especially since Spencer's entire family thought she murdered Alison and/or whoever was in the shallow grave for YEARS. Maybe she can kill Shower to make up for it.

Do we know who killed Jessica DiLaurentis yet? Is it too late for Ali to be the one who did that? Or maybe Ian? Or Garrett? Isn't he also totally dead? Hell, aren't there a ton of unaccounted for murders still? Let Ali have one, it's only fair.

Spencer might have inadvertently killed Shower Harvey when she and Toby locked her in her room at the end of 6B.  She's stuck in there and can't call the front desk for help because the batteries on her robot hands have gone flat and she can't dial with her nose.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Spencer might have inadvertently killed Shower Harvey when she and Toby locked her in her room at the end of 6B.  She's stuck in there and can't call the front desk for help because the batteries on her robot hands have gone flat and she can't dial with her nose.

Lifeline: it's not just for old ladies any more.

• Love 5
On 7/7/2016 at 2:51 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Seriously, how would Hannah not notice that big honking piece of windshield glass in her hair while washing it ?

If she wasn't freaking out from the PTSD from being kidnapped and tortured before, now she's got an extra level of trauma from hitting and killing Rollins.  I would have been more impressed if she pulled a tooth out of her hair, but Rollins' face survive the impact intact.

Even if Hanna missed it, how would Emily not notice the GLASS in her HAIR?

• Love 2

Man I wish it was 2010 again and when I liked this show and most of the people on it. Everyone sucks. That Caleb spouting "remember that night in DC" speech through the door to Spencer with Hanna also there, it's like, what show am I watching? And Spencer is oh so terrible. I really hate her now and that pains me. why is Spencer being such a bitch about the whole thing? She really is. I really want to hit her. 

Her. Aria and Alison's pep talk is funny because Aria is the last person I would want giving me pep talks. On anything.

I am disappointed that guy at bar was bot Wren or Noel Kahn.

This season has done quite a number on Spencer. She's been eating pickles and drinking but Mona! Never ever change Mona Vanderwall! 

Part of the reason I can't feel for sympathy for Spencer or believe Caleb and Spencer is because I don't really believe it? The show keeps telling us all of their times and moments were magical and wonderful and it's just sure okay.

"Aria just shut up and drink your mimosa " that should always be said to her!

Jenna is back! I love her interactions with this group. 

Ugh I really can't get behind Spencer and Caleb.

Someone called it, of course Mona would know a fake diamond when she sees one. Also why are these girls still wearing jewelry that can fall easy when committing crimes?!? I get that it's been four or five years since they've done these types of things but really they are acting WAY stupid than they ever did at 16.

Ugh so Faux Elliot is now someone else. And it's someone named Archer who knows Jenna. Ugh.

Also yeah that five years future clip is never happening. It was just to give us an idea of what the girls would look like in the future.

• Love 4

So their rationale for not calling the police is "no one would believe us!  We had every reason for wanting him dead!".  What?  What the fuck did that mean?  NO ONE would think they wanted him dead -- they complained about how he was mistreating his patient/wife, and the fact that he had abducted her and taken her miles away from Wilby was proof of that.  Stupid contrivance.  Also, were they carrying 4 shovels in the back of Lucas's car?  Why?  Don't they know that possession of a shovel is a class A felony in Rosewood?  Might as well have been carrying a dirty bomb.

Credit where credit is due:  I thought Caleb's monologue was pretty moving, and it was a decent way to work in a relationship thing in the middle of a crisis.  I also appreciated that there was no background music during his speech -- it made the situation more realistic.

That Night (part 3), looks like Charlotte will have had visits from 17 different people, each of whom will be a suspect but later exonerated.  She and Ali really are like twins!  I felt bad for Ali, but liked her resolve, willingly going back to her room and even getting that muzzle put on.  She went back to where she was traumatized and probably suffers through some serious PTSD.  I'm not sure any of the girls would be able to go back to the Dollhouse in a similar situation.

Mona's sudden appearance made me wonder why they didn't just call her immediately after the accident.  She's like Winston Wolfe in Pulp Fiction.

Jenna's "click-clack" turning into "CLUNK CLUNK" like the tolling of the bells of doom was hysterical.  I'm mildly curious what exactly happened 3 years ago with her and Toby and their attempt at reconciliation -- did  she wind up raping him again?

Caleb the drama queen running out on Spencer like he ran out on Hanna.  I repeat my call for Caleb to eat a dick.

Wrollins was working with Jenna?  I don't think so.  "Archer?  This is Jenna.  Jenna Marshall."  If she was working with him a lot then why would she feel the need to identify herself like that?

• Love 8
(edited)

Go away, Caleb, Spencer and Hanna have a quasi-murder to cover up.  

Anyone else think Spencer accidentally used Rollins' credit card when paying for her tab at the bar and that it's going to eventually blow their cover when the cops look into Rollins? There's got to be a reason they focused on the card as she paid after she mentioned that she was planning to use Rollins' card in order to purchase the train ticket. 

The liars were making mistakes left and right but thank God Mona was around to clean up their mess. That girl just operates on another level. Who else would willingly involve themselves in a murder cover-up for fun? 

Alison reaching into the dirt to pull the ID tag off her fake husband's dead body so she could sneak back into the mental hospital where she was being held and tortured was straight savage. That's the Ali I know and love. 

Glad Aria got to see what it was really like for Alison in Welby and that she actually seemed to believe her and feel bad about throwing her to the wolves. I never got the sense that there was much of a friendship between Alison and Aria on their own so it's interesting to see them together. And of course if Aria is being a useful and a good friend that means Ezra is not in the episode, so thankful for that too. 

Didn't realize I missed Jenna till she came tapping along. 

Of course Elliott's real name is Archer. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

I am fluxommed at the obvious. It was clearly an accident. How on earth would the police put together a scenario that Hannah or anyone else could have timed Alison clearing the car but Elliot being "murdered" in the dead of night running horizontal in a forest without any warning? It's the equivalent of a herd of deer running across the road. You simply can not see them until it's too late...and certainly one is not able to pick and choose which one is unfortunate to to get hit when it runs in front of the car without warning. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Also, were they carrying 4 shovels in the back of Lucas's car?  Why?  Don't they know that possession of a shovel is a class A felony in Rosewood?  Might as well have been carrying a dirty bomb.

I hope we get an explanation for all the shovels. I don't know anyone who even carries a single shovel in their car, but somehow these girls got their hands on four of them. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Also... Wouldn't the police be able to track his cell phone (like the girls did) to pinpoint his location?... If it really was a burner phone... How did the girls know it was Elliot or Allison.... Why would you enter names on a burner?

my only explanation for this, is that Mary planted the phone.... 

Edited by GreenScreenFX
(edited)
12 hours ago, GreenScreenFX said:

I am fluxommed at the obvious. It was clearly an accident. How on earth would the police put together a scenario that Hannah or anyone else could have timed Alison clearing the car but Elliot being "murdered" in the dead of night running horizontal in a forest without any warning? It's the equivalent of a herd of deer running across the road. You simply can not see them until it's too late...and certainly one is not able to pick and choose which one is unfortunate to to get hit when it runs in front of the car without warning. 

Aria actually mentions in the car that Hanna had only committed vehicular manslaughter, so even the Lairs know they did was not considered murder.  Not to mention the fact that Rollins was only killed because he was trying to kidnap Alison and the Lairs were trying to save her.  I am pretty sure in most places if you kill someone to prevent them from committing a serious crime (like kidnapping), its considered justified, or at least you can reasonably expect to not be convicted.

Also I love how at the end of the episode, Jenna felt the need to give her full name on the phone.  Like shouldn't whatever-his-name-is know who is calling him on the burner phone.  

Other than that, I actually really liked this episode.  The girls were actually proactive and with the help of Mona may have actually covered their tracks for once.  The relationship fluff and side story lines were kept to a minimum.  Alison seems to get getting back to her old self.  They even paired up the Lairs well.  I always like Emily/Spencer and Hanna/Aria scenes.

Oh, I forgot Spencer's random hookup scene.  I feel like it fit into the episode as well as any sex scene this show has ever had ("I'm being stalked by a psychopath, I guess I can spare a hour to bang.") but it really felt like another example of the writers trying to show how adult and edgy the network is since the name change.  I mean I know they choose that sex position so she would look at her reflection and decide to stop, but did we really need to see Spencer get bent over in a elevator by a random guy.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 2
(edited)

Aria actually mentions in the car that Hanna had only committed vehicular manslaughter, so even the Lairs know they did was not considered murder.------ the fact that they tried to hide it, and bury him is damning evidence to the contrary.

The involuntary vehicular manslaughter upgrades itself.

Edited by GreenScreenFX

You know an episode is going to be great when Mona and Jenna are on it. I thought this was one of the best ones in a while.

When Ezra isn't around, Aria remains a bamf AND everyone should listen to her. Seriously. With TOBY on the police force, why on earth wouldn't they go to him. My guess is she's going to be tied down to Ezra, and that is who is getting engaged.

Caleb, Spencer, Hannah...ugh. So everyone gets to take turns looking the most horrible? I won't lie, I thought it was a little funny that Caleb's all "I'm sorry please talk to me *tear* while Hannah and Spencer were trying to cover up a murder." But at the same time, that's what makes this whole situation so sad. Old Caleb, Hannah and Spencer ..Hannah would have filled Caleb in, and him and Spencer would be platonic sleuthing and getting shit done so they don't have to involve Mona. (Who is awesome, but scary.) He was the fifth liar. :( 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, SadieT said:

I hope we get an explanation for all the shovels. I don't know anyone who even carries a single shovel in their car, but somehow these girls got their hands on four of them. 

I will confess to carrying a shovel in my car (don't tell the Rosewood cops).  I live in an apartment with no garage, so I have to dig my car out when it snows. I don't want to have a shovel sitting out in my apartment all the time (and don't have much space), so I keep it in the trunk of my car and just get it out before a snowstorm is predicted. It's kind of a crappy shovel though. Those girls had some serious grave digging shovels. 

So, was that empty closet Spencer was looking at a sign that Caleb had left town? Isn't that exactly what he did with Hannah, just take all his stuff and skip town? Granted they'd apparently been having problems for awhile, but it's still a bit of a bad pattern.

• Love 3

You would have thought the PLLs would be better at grave digging at this point -- if the soil was so loose that Alison could shove her fist into the soil and retrieve that keycard Rollins' body will be found in no time.

But the biggest question is -- where did those 4 shovels come from ?  They are obviously still near the site of the accident, did someone drive to a nearby farm, knock on the door and ask to borrow 4 shovels ? That's not suspicious at all.

So, Spencer has wetnaps on her, but won't give one to Hanna to wipe the blood off her face ?  Really ?

Did they change the actress that played Charlotte ?  It didn't even sound like her in that flashback at the church.

• Love 2

You know, this love triangle storyline really sucks, but I thought that Caleb/Spencer/Hanna scene at the beginning was really well done and emotional. I felt bad for all three parties. It's also the first time in a few episodes where I bought Caleb loving Spencer. Plus, no background music during that moment made it all the more powerful. Those three are definitely the strongest actors of the cast, so it worked very well. 

Hanna could clearly go to the police and explain that Rollins came out of nowhere and she had no time to stop. They would easily be able to prove that. I mean, I know the Rosewood Police Force is incredibly incompetent at times, so I don't blame them for not wanting to go to them, but they really needed to.

Oh, look. New guy Marco. I laughed at Spencer actually telling him that she was burying a body. I also laughed at the attempted sex in the elevator with new guy. I wonder how he'll fit into all of this later. 

Mona's great. Even five years later, she's still smarter than the Liars, and her hair looks amazing. And welcome back Jenna! I wonder what happened with Toby/Jenna. It sounds like his dad is somehow involved. And Jenna knew Elliot/Archer? Ok, then. Let's see where the connection leads. 

I laughed at Emily yelling at Spencer for being distracted. Girl, like you, Hanna, and especially Aria haven't been distracted by personal problems and made mistakes while covering up secrets. It was apparently Spencer's turn. Honestly, it does make Spencer look a little pathetic, because she's usually better at holding it together. I mean, she's not perfect and has done some bad things, but she's a lot better than this shell of a woman we used to know.

So, Caleb left, like a coward. What happened to him, really? He's grown up to be worse than he was in high school, it seems. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I feel like this storyline is inexplicably stupid... It's one thing if they are framed into looking guilty. It's another if it were truly an accident and they  framed themselves. Though, they are not sharpest marbles....

Edited by GreenScreenFX
  • Love 5

Caleb is officially ruined, I agree. But they did a damn job on Spencer too right now. I really just want to punch her in the face. And next week surprise engagement, yeah right, I'm pretty sure everyone is dead right on it being Aria. There are no other candidates, seriously, like Caleb peaced out and returns with a ring for either Spencer or Hanna-and god forbid if either girl says yes, that would be stupid he's an ass at this point-and Emily would be getting proposed to by that random coffee girl she made a date with last week? Yeah, right. This show is still saving up for Emison tumblr shippers. As are the actors- seriously SM's instagram and snapchats are all about Emison, which I do not get all.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering the actors on this ship are all about Ezria as well. Like the hell. Seriously, it's going to be Aria. She's going to say yes and we will have to suffer though a god damn Ezra and Aria wedding. Oh god. That's going to be AWFUL.

• Love 10

Yes, Caleb is ruined.  Is running off his MO when the conversation doesn't go his way?  I used to love that character so much...

Spencer going all moony over him ruins her for me, too.  At least when she was all depressed over Toby, it was because A) She was in high school, and B) She thought he was dead.  

And Hanna, dammit, should have been honest from the jump and we wouldn't have this stupid triangle at all.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Hooray for Mona!  She makes this show worth watching... on second though, Dammit Mona!  How can I quit this show as long as you're getting shit done and having Hanna and the Liars backs even as they throw shade (which she has, admittedly, more than earned)?

I've always liked Jenna and her interactions with the Liars. But I don't have anything invested in whatever fucked up dynamic she and Toby still have going on.  And I'll be super annoyed if she really is in on whatever Wrollins was doing.  It's never Jenna.  The one thing about her is that she's always being shady as fuck, but in her own utterly tangental non-A way.  It would be irritating if the one time she was actually involved was a time she popped in half way through the arc to just be a bad.

The trend continues.  No Ezra = Aria being useful, fun, and engaged with the main plot. Why can't the showrunners catch on to this?  It's been true since Season 1. 

Finally the triangle.... ugh.  I actually thought all three of them were understandable in this episode up until Caleb bailed just because Spencer asked to wait one fucking day to have a conversation.  She didn't even say no, just not tonight.  I thought the speech was good and the whole scene was well acted by all three.  But I'm so fed up with the back and forth.  The show has invested in telling me that Caleb still loves Hanna... And last week Spencer called him on it... that should be enough. We should be done.  As I said before, I would have been good with Caleb&Hanna forever or a full Spaleb, but this is just tedious. And having Caleb ghost after one fight and Spencer failing to be ready (or at least as it appeared to him) on his timeline does him no favors.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, GreenScreenFX said:

I feel like this storyline is inexplicably stupid...

This pretty much describes the past 5 seasons.

So this week I'm lusting after Aria's orange leather jacket. Last week it was the mustard colored one. I hope they keep this trend up because it will give me something to like about the show every week. Other than the jackets, not seeing a lot to love. Of course Rollins is using a fake identity, we're really low on red herrings so far, so why wouldn't they throw that one in?

My favorite parts of the episode are: Hanna finding a giant piece of glass in her hair that's still covered in blood right after getting out of the shower after washing her hair, & Jenna's voice on the phone that Mona found in the secret cubby hole in the car "This is Jenna, Jenna Marshall" just to make sure Archer didn't confuse her with all the other Jennas he's evil plotting with.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GreenScreenFX said:

I feel like this storyline is inexplicably stupid... It's one thing if they are framed into looking guilty. It's another if it were truly an accident and they  framed themselves. Though, they are not sharpest marbles....

I love pointing out how collectively stupid the liars are too, but this show is basically just a seven season long example of the “Idiot Plot” trope in action. If the girls ever smartened up and did the logical thing there’d be no show. We sort of need them to continuously mess up and bury people they didn’t murder and refuse to go to the police when psychopaths are stalking them and all that if the show is going to go on.  

1 hour ago, GaT said:

My favorite parts of the episode are: Hanna finding a giant piece of glass in her hair that's still covered in blood right after getting out of the shower after washing her hair, & Jenna's voice on the phone that Mona found in the secret cubby hole in the car "This is Jenna, Jenna Marshall" just to make sure Archer didn't confuse her with all the other Jennas he's evil plotting with.

Right? How did she not cut her fingers when she was shampooing her hair? 

I appreciate the fact that Jenna has returned and now apparently speaks like a cartoon spy. 

I will confess to carrying a shovel in my car (don't tell the Rosewood cops).  I live in an apartment with no garage, so I have to dig my car out when it snows. I don't want to have a shovel sitting out in my apartment all the time (and don't have much space), so I keep it in the trunk of my car and just get it out before a snowstorm is predicted. It's kind of a crappy shovel though. Those girls had some serious grave digging shovels. 

Okay,  I can get on board with a person having a shovel in their car for snow emergencies. But 4? Now that’s just a waste of valuable trunk space. 

• Love 5

It does seem like they are making Caleb into a person who ghosts when his romances aren't going his way and I remember last season when watching the Hanna/Caleb breakup flashbacks thinking that I was supposed to feel for Caleb, Hanna was going too deep into her work or something but more often I felt like Hanna was working and Caleb wasn't loving that and thinking he was being a real ass back then too and so he offered her an ultimatum and she didn't answer right away or meet his deadline of when his plane left or something and she rushed back to the apartment and he was gone and now he's sort of doing the same thing with Spencer.

But I'm not invested at all in Splab. It ruined everything and now...it feels like Marlene has no idea what she is doing either with that. It's like she changes her mind every week. 

At this point, I so understand why the actors are over it. The plots are going nowhere, it's not..fun anymore to watch. Spencer's monologue about how she was able to take cooking classes and be normal felt totally flat to me, it's hard for me to conjure up any sort of sympathy for any of the girls. And ever since the show got to have them become 23 years old and the network lost it's ABC Family title, it feels like the show is now just a rinse and repeat of the girls drinking and hooking up. 

• Love 6
(edited)

It's been said before, but Aria is so much better when she's integrated into the main storyline and not having her side-dramas. When she was strapping up Ali and placing on the mask,  I could totally imagine that Lucy Hale could pull off being 'A'.  I like the mask. It reminds me of all the creepy stuff this show used to do.

Shay Mitchell looks outrageously good in her uniform and when they dress her down (and up). She plays it so low key.

I think I like it when Spencer is self-destructive. I wanted her to have a drunken hook up with Christian Grey. In my head, it happened.

As for Caleb, his character has been ruined for me I think. I hated the scene between him and Spencer with Hanna in the background. Hanna and Spencer can be redeemed, but they'd better be quick about it. They are far too mopey and relationshippy.  I think I even prefer Toby to Caleb now (insert shock face emoticon), but he's a tool for ignoring his gorgeous fiance.

Poor Mona. She's like Rudolph wanting to join in the reindeer games. You know she was lapping up knowing about Hanna's break up and ring before the others.

Even though I've seen every episode I think, I can't remember the Jenna/Toby stuff. Was she forcing him/manipulating him into having sex at one point? I forget and Keegan's acting couldn't give me hint of Toby's emotions at seeing her.  I am glad Jenna is back. It was all just a waste of time if they don't resolve some of the old characters' motivations. Too many new characters.  I have lost faith in the show. There is no way they have something cool up their sleeve.  Besides, anybody could be wearing a freakin' mask.

Give us an Ashley/Hanna scene please.

Stop re-writing the 'long night' and burying bodies.

I'm too old for this shit!

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 3
(edited)

Toby: Rollins is missing. He didn't show up for work today, he's not answering his phone, he's... gone.

Spencer: Do you know where he is?

Did they write the wrong name in the script for that line? I know Spencer is as dumb as the rest of them at this point, but COME. ON. 

Edited by joelene
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, look. New guy Marco. I laughed at Spencer actually telling him that she was burying a body. I also laughed at the attempted sex in the elevator with new guy. I wonder how he'll fit into all of this later. 

Of course Marco is A, always has been A, and has been around since the very first season. </sarcasm>

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It does seem like they are making Caleb into a person who ghosts when his romances aren't going his way

Side effect of Ravenwood, perhaps ?

• Love 5

I'm done with Caleb, he is emotionally immature and kind of a rat bastard--he didn't like Hanna's job so he gave her an ultimatum to either leave with him that night or he'd leave without her.  And he did--when somebody pulls that kind of crap on you, can you blame Hanna for not wanting to reach out to him again?.    And now he doesn't like that Spencer won't immediately drop everything and talk to him, so he leaves again.  Both girls are well rid of this emotional blackmailer.  I mean, he talks about this job offer he had, but then he expected Hanna to just leave her job without giving notice?  That is not how a responsible adult handles a job in their career.

Spencer needs to get over herself--Hanna kissed Caleb in a moment of high emotion and fear.  She was about to serve herself up to their new stalker and she was scared.  I guess for Spencer it's only okay to kiss people when your are drunk and decide to have sex in an elevator.  I want Spencer to be redeemed the way Hanna's been--she's trying to do the right thing for her friends and I admire her nobility.

Mona does make everything better because she's so hardcore in dealing with crimes and she always has Hanna's best interests at heart. I also actually enjoyed the Hanna/Aria partnership--I hope Hanna reaches out to Aria and Emily about Jordan because Spencer will lose her damn mind if she finds out Hanna's single again.

So Jenna knows Archer--this storyline is about to get even more ridiculous isn't it?

• Love 2

I've forgotten why Rollins was dating Allison while Charlotte was still alive.  I know that he wanted to get close enough to torture her when he thought Allison killed Charlotte. But before that? Can someone please remind me?

I actually like Spencer and Caleb together, but his running away when things get tough is completely immature. Spencer's annoyance with Hanna is understandable,  but didn't Spencer hook up with 2 of her sister's boyfriends when she was a teenager? 

Have they confirmed that this is the last season? 

• Love 1

Mona rules my world. Luv. Her. And Ali calmly reaching down through the dirt to her dead husband's corpse to snag his Welby pass card was just so bad ass. That's the Ali I want to see.

As much as I hated, I mean really hated, Tammin Sursok on The Young and the Restless years ago (she replaced a fairly popular actress, there was some shade then as to how she got that job, many thought she was just a bad fit for the role, not a good actress, etc), I hailed the return of creepy Jenna last night. Of course she's in on whatever Rollins/Archer was up to, of course! I don't even care if it ends up making no sense, I just love how Jenna creeps out the Liars by just existing. Please don't rape Toby again, Jenna, please don't!

4 hours ago, insubordination said:

As for Caleb, his character has been ruined for me I think. I hated the scene between him and Spencer with Hanna in the background. Hanna and Spencer can be redeemed, but they'd better be quick about it. They are far too mopey and relationshippy.  I think I even prefer Toby to Caleb now (insert shock face emoticon), but he's a tool for ignoring his gorgeous fiance.

I agree with this. Caleb had always been my favourite boyfriend, always. Through thick and thin, I always loved him the most. And now? He couldn't get off my screen fast enough. I hope he stays gone for a good, long while. I'm hoping he's working for the A team and that's why he's being such a shitty person. I hope he gets amnesia and forgets about the last five years so we can get back to the Caleb we once knew and loved. 

Also, am I the only one that thinks Yvonne is going to be shady and probably working with A.D? I mean, all love interests have to be shady at some point, even ex boyfriends' love interests. 

I also predict that Jenna knowing Wrollins isn't going to turn out to be because of an A.D thing at all. Also, why couldn't they have had Mona/Hanna just recognizing Jenna's voice instead of it having to be spelled out for us? The show is many things, but it never used to treat us like we're the biggest idiots in the world. Just have Jenna say 'hey Archer, it's me', and then have Hanna whisper 'Jenna?'. Boom, done. We know who it is without making us look like we're incompetent if we don't recognize Jenna's voice. 

4 hours ago, insubordination said:

Even though I've seen every episode I think, I can't remember the Jenna/Toby stuff. Was she forcing him/manipulating him into having sex at one point? I forget and Keegan's acting couldn't give me hint of Toby's emotions at seeing her.  I am glad Jenna is back. It was all just a waste of time if they don't resolve some of the old characters' motivations. Too many new characters.  I have lost faith in the show. There is no way they have something cool up their sleeve.  Besides, anybody could be wearing a freakin' mask.

She was forcing him to have sex with him pre-series, which is how Alison caught them and blackmailed Toby into taking the fall for Jenna going blind. Rewatching season 1, Keegan was actually a decent actor back then. He had more than one emotion, and you could kind of tell what he was thinking, even when he was shady back then. Maybe it's just Shay that Keegan can act with. He always seems to be a better actor with Shay. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is there some kind of reason Spencer gets to be basically awful to Hanna about kissing Caleb but she gets to cheat on Caleb with some rando in an elevator? Because I feel like probably the double standard there is some bullshit. Also, Hanna didn't almost bang Caleb in a public part of the business Spencer's mom owns. 

Mona is best girl. "A.D., Uber A, whatever." Preach. 

Liam is going to crash the Ezria wedding, right? 

Why is Hanna the only one who still ships Spaleb? I do love her for actually having a reason for the fake ring, though. She may or may not love Caleb, but she will always love Spencer more.

The first degree murder line was even more awkward than the lethal dose of guilt line from last week. Is there one writer in charge of awkward dialogue? 

When Hanna was like HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS ENGAGED I was hoping Jenna would snark something about blind people being able to use Facebook too. Missed opportunity. Hell, throw in a line about them having a Website Page. Early PLL would have been all over that shit.

Did not one of these bitches think to ask Toby if Alison was okay when he told them about Fake!Rollins? No? Also, how did they get from Welby to Spencer's living room? What was the point of the venue change?

Edited by Lii
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lii said:

Is there some kind of reason Spencer gets to be basically awful to Hanna about kissing Caleb but she gets to cheat on Caleb with some rando in an elevator? Because I feel like probably the double standard here is some bullshit.

Well, Spencer's a lot of things, as she has kissed two of her sister's fiancees when she was a kid. However, she didn't cheat on Caleb. She broke up with him last episode. She shouldn't be awful to Hanna, that's for sure, but I can see why she might be a little upset with her. However, Hanna was distracted by, you know, being kidnapped and tortured, so Spencer shouldn't be this mad with Hanna, especially if it's partially over not telling her. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

I thought she broke up with him, but then it seemed like she didn't, because all his crap was still there and everyone was acting like they had a fight but were still together. So I think it was the millennial version of they're on a break. Either way, you don't get to hook up with someone the day after you break up with a guy you supposedly love, then get back together with him the next day. I got busted doing that once when I was 23, and was told unequivocally by everyone who found out that it definitely counted as cheating. At the very least, it's probably a sign that maybe you're not as deeply in loooooooove as you thought. Maybe that magical night in Madrid wasn't so magical after all? Color me shocked.

Is it okay to just ship Hanna and Mona instead? Spencer can have Liam. There, I fixed it.

• Love 2