Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: The Benefits Of Friendship

• Start Topic

I'm in Silver Spring, MD and have never seen SkinnyGirl products, but then I don't really look. I couldn't finish the last episode and only got half way through this. Tired of the Bethenny show and will probably just read these forums or ease out of RHoNY.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Jules talking to her doctor and referring to her vagina pre- accident as " a perfect little pistachio".  Jules, honey, you are a sweet woman but you need help. 

These women need to take their minds off their vaginas and go try to help the homeless, save a whale, protect endangered species in Africa or something. 

How's about saving the Endangered Homeless Whale Vagina off the coast of Africa?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

With the red, I just assumed it was another of her bloody pillows. 

Why?  Did she make her driver carry it for her?

6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Bethenny looked like Ronald McDonald on a bender at her SG event.

Ramona, your hair and big titties have aged you 15 years.

I am now on team Lu.

Jules, throwing your pants onto the tissue box in the doctor's office was gross!

Rage-edy Ann.

• Love 13

I must have missed 1/2 of Beth's snotty comments, but then I do tend to tune her out.  I thnk her doctor appt must have been filmed after the "real" appt, in which hopefully she was examined by the doctor.

Wish Ramona would go back to last season's shorter hair; it was much more attractive on her.

I thought Carole was very polite to Lu at the dinner.

Enjoyed the silliness of the dance class!  I do "get" wanting to learn some new moves; sigh.

Agree that Lu is in a "love bubble," as someone else said.  

Not sure if I can say this here, but when Jules says her "peanut," does she mean her clitoris?  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I must have missed 1/2 of Beth's snotty comments, but then I do tend to tune her out.  I thnk her doctor appt must have been filmed after the "real" appt, in which hopefully she was examined by the doctor.

Wish Ramona would go back to last season's shorter hair; it was much more attractive on her.

I thought Carole was very polite to Lu at the dinner.

Enjoyed the silliness of the dance class!  I do "get" wanting to learn some new moves; sigh.

Agree that Lu is in a "love bubble," as someone else said.  

Not sure if I can say this here, but when Jules says her "peanut," does she mean her clitoris?  

She probably meant her vagina since all of them seem to be as able to point it out on a anatomically correct figure as find a fucking unicorn. 

• Love 10

That weird oversized thing Beth was referring to as a clutch proves she'll slap the SG logo on anything. I did like her make-up for the launch and for a brief moment I thought she looked like actress Virginia Williams - who's stunning. 

The women can dismiss Tom as a player, but Lu's the only one who's been able to get him to 'put a ring on it'. 

As for Lu speaking French to the waiter,  I didn't see a problem with that. I was at a Parisenne cafe a while ago and the customer standing next to me at the register was speaking French to the owner.  Some people just like to practice another language when given the opportunity.

Carole was right - if you try hard enough, you'll eventually find a doctor who'll tell you what you want to hear. So Dr. Quack gave Beth some magic pills and she had a good night's sleep which accounted for her miraculous recovery by the next day? Quick - cancel the surgery every other doctor suggested - I'm cured!

Plastic surgery on your girlie bits? If it's really that disfigured down there, who's its ugliness actually going to offend besides the guy who's currently banging you? Oh wait, I forgot Jules shows the picture to everyone.  It's your private parts, not your kid's baby photos.  

Dorinda's impression of Ramona was America's Got Talent worthy. 

Ramona's dancing reminded me of the videos my mom forces me to watch of her at her senior's dance functions. But at least my mom only posts them on her Facebook page whereas Ramona's willing to embarrass herself to a national audience.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm sure this has been rehashed but it's hard for me to take Ramona seriously when she simultaneously looks both like Kathy Lee Gifford and Mariah Carey 

I can't believe Carole was a friend of CBK's.  

Too funny you mention Mariah Carey as I thought of her while watching Moaner last night. I don't think they look alike but Moaner has subscribed to a bizarre Carey-esque way of contorting herself in front of the camera to ensure she's shot from 1 side only. She twists herself into some very uncomfortable-looking positions. She began this at one of the reunions a few seasons ago. Initially, I think she thought she looked younger from a certain angle but now it seems a weird attempt to show her boobs in profile.

• Love 7

I wasn't crazy about Bethenny going all the way back to her Martha Stewart Apprentice days. Now I find I've come to appreciate her acerbic way primarily because she's usually on the money in her observations of the rest of her cast-mates.  At least she says things to the other's faces instead of behind their backs like most of the rest.  

How many more weeks must we be subjected to updates regarding Jules' bruised vulva?    Did she offer so little of interest to production that they were forced to make a story line out of that?   

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I wasn't crazy about Bethenny going all the way back to her Martha Stewart Apprentice days. Now I find I've come to appreciate her acerbic way primarily because she's usually on the money in her observations of the rest of her cast-mates.  At least she says things to the other's faces instead of behind their backs like most of the rest.  

How many more weeks must we be subjected to updates regarding Jules' bruised vulva?    Did she offer so little of interest to production that they were forced to make a story line out of that?   

I feel bad for the camera crew who had to film her in the doctor’s office as well as the editing crew that had to pixel out the injury in multiple scenes. She said she is 95% better so next week I expect to hear about a Hematitato involving a nipple and a selfie stick…details are sketchy as Jules is verb challenged.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Bloodbath! Bloody pillow in the car. Talking to her driver ( poor guy!) about it. She makes it sound like her whole  body has been drained of blood. And Bethenny is calling LuAnn self absorbed and a narcissist? Lol! 

Heh, your comment gives new meaning to this claim from Bloodygirl's current Bravo blog:

That Skinnygirl Candy is delicious because it has my heart, soul, blood sweat and tears in it.

Did you know that donkey milk is the new hot thing in skin care (seriously). Between this and Beth's in-her-own-words apparently platelet-rich candies, consumers can indulge with the knowledge that their purchase includes the loving offerings of asses.

• Love 4

These women can't even tell the difference or explain behaviours correctly. Lu always talking about herself and her relationship is not Lu acting better than the others. It's Lu being self-absorbed. I mean, clearly none of the other women ever act self-absorbed (note the sarcasm). Lu does sometimes act as if things or matters are beneath her which definitely can give off a 'I'm better than you vibe'. You know what else gives off that kind of vibe Bethenny? Calling someone a slut and whore and airing their personal life as a means to compare your moral compasses and suggesting that your compass is better.  How rich was it that Ramona was complaining about Lu being self-absorbed and then later on we see Ramona upset and getting everyone's attention so that she can inform that they didn't give her enough attention when she walked into the restaurant. Then she lied about what she said and tried to play it off as 'the word around town'. And then another rich moment is when she called out Dorinda for telling Lu what she said about Lu...when not long ago she was doing the same to Lu with the rest of the girls. Oh Ramona, you'll never change. 

I thought Sonja was really mature in the way she addressed the Lu issue with Ramona. She didn't deny Lu's self-absorbed behaviour but she was took into account that her friend was happy and that she was still in her blissful stage. Sonja would rather be happy for her friend and let her have her moment. Ramona would rather say she wants all of her friends to get along as she talks shit behind one of her friend's back. Is Ramona manipulative or just plain dumb? How can she claim that she wants everyone to get along but then runs back retelling stories in the most negatively dramatic of ways that would obviously leave more distaste rather than build any bridge for peace? 

And Carole - it's actually quite normal that a person offer an apology and then leave some space for the offended party to reach out if they choose to accept and possibly move forward after an incident. 

Dorinda's Ramona impressive was AMAZING! I was laughed out loud for the entire thing, lol. 

Is this the resolution that Carole was talking about? Keeping it light and bright? I thought Lu and Carole were mature with their interaction and i felt that Carole was particularly gracious. I can understand being so caught up with being in love but it would have been nice for Lu to express her appreciation for Carole's attitude more outwardly by engaging in more dialogue about how Carole was doing. She did catch herself pretty quickly when she called the table bitches but made a point to apologize to Carole and clarify that she wasn't referring to her. She wasn't referring to Dorinda either but she knows that Dorinda knows that and doesn't need clarification. 

• Love 15

Did we ever find out why Jules was climbing in or out of a window?  She went to a plastic surgeon (who seemed all sorts of weird to me) to get "it" fixed, has she never heard of swelling whether it is a sprained ankle or a some other body part, injury's tend to swell.  Did she want the attention of some man to look at her junk because her husband is looking at other people's junk? Koodooz to the doc for not recommending surgery, they usually think a cut is as good as a cure.

Carole is absolutely right about people doc shopping till they hear what they want to hear. Beth probably did go to every gynecologist on the UES.  Who does she think she is kidding with the "I've never had surgery before." Boobs, nose, etc...

Seems like Lu is acting more and more like Aviva, flying off the handle in a disproportionate level to what is going on.  

Ramona does like the room to come to a hush when she enters...I loved everyone's response, nobody kissed her ass.  

Was anyone else surprised to see an actual wood burning fireplace in Bethenny's apartment? I would have guess it would have been a gas fireplace.  

• Love 4

I didn't realize shortly before filming commenced Sonja, Jill Zarin, Bobby Zarin,  Mario and his girlfriend Kasey were all at a Geraldo Rivera party.  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/ramona-singer-real-new-girlfriend-article-1.2378862 Maybe that had something to so with Ramona being cold to Sonja at the beginning of the season.  According to this Bobby and Mario acted like old friends.  That has to smart for Ramona considering she can't seem to find anyone to date with regularity.  I don't believe for one minute she is keeping some relationship under wraps.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Never seen it. How is that even possible? It's a nationwide dealio. I live in Texas. When she first sold the wine and spirits, I saw it everywhere. The spirits you can still find in most liquor stores. The wines and some products in many grocery stores. The other products you can find at many TJ Maxx's. 

I'm in Texas, too, and even in small town Texas we have that crap.  I always see the popcorn. I highly doubt it even sells because folks out my way are reallllly cheap and won't pay extra for anything. Bwah!

Jules' plastic surgeon needs to step away from the plastic surgery for himself! YIKES! I think he plastic surgeoned(is that a word?) himself into a speech impediment. 

As others have said, Dorinda imitating Ro was pure gold.  I literally did laugh out loud and I have not been in the greatest of health for several months so it was nice to laugh like that. Thanks D!

• Love 2

Between Jules' peanut/pistachio/vulva/labia/clitoris and Bethenny's vagina-named uterus, this is like a medical show for people with no  knowledge of anatomy.  Opening your life up on a reality show does not have to include photos and descriptions of your genitals or reproductive organs. 

During the dance segment, I was hoping that we would see some classic Ramona moves, reminiscent of her runway walk. 

watch?v=s-fZ8T0sTIs

• Love 6

Lu and her delight over sloppy thirds is just too weird - and what about that bit where she used hand gestures and said that her man really just had an "in and out" thing with Sonja? Ick, on both counts!!

• Love 7

Jule's Dr. appeared to be a complete mental patient to me...complete with crazy eyes and creepy odd lisp.

Finally dawned on my why Luanne look so familiar...she is a Caytlin Jenner doppelganger. ..

• Love 4

I rewatched part of this and Ramona should give up on the dancing lessons and head for a hairdresser...lose the extensions. She'd probably look good in a bob like Quinn in Unreal wears...anything except trying for long tresses suitable for a 20 year old. And stop causing trouble. No one would want Ramona as a friend, but even trying to manage her as a work colleague must be exhausting. 

I do feel for Sonja though...it's clear that Beth and her wingman Carole are trying to get her fired from the show...knowing that she needs this job more than any of them. Which is all kinds of cold. 

Most of these women are in late middle age and most have given birth...none of them seems to have a clue about basic anatomy. Maybe this explains why when selecting medical help, Jules turns to Dr. Crazy-Eyes and Beth has a chat with some whack job who nixes surgery and hands out prescriptions without a physical exam. Avery seems to have a brain..invite her and some diagrams to have a little talk with the ladies...they may be experts on botox and Juvederm, but they know nada about their reproductive organs.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Luann is a hard person to be happy for. The way she expresses her happiness comes out more like, "Oh my god, can you believe my life is so much better than yours?!" 

Yes!  But that is why LuAnn is my hero this season!!

• Love 12

So is it going to be the new norm now on these shows to show the women in the gynos office with their legs in the stirrups?  I think it first started with the Married to Medicine crowd, but at least a couple of those women were gynocologists practicing their trade.  But I still don't want to see the women with their legs in the stirrups!  First Sonja, which was cringe worthy enough And now Jules, letting them actually film her coochie coo!!! Don't these women have any dignity left?  Why do I even ask, they are on reality tv after all.  Geesch!   

Yes, they have been throwing the word vagina out there a lot, too.  But we can thank that play from several years back, The Vagina Monologues, for bringing that word mainstream and I hated seeing those billboards promoting that play and I hate the hearing it all the time now on these shows.  All these shows, not just the NY crowd, have words that relate to our male and female private parts that they like to say over and over and over.  The OC crowd seems to be fond of anal and penis.  They're all gross.  

I wish we could dial it back to when we used those words, proper though they may be, only in conversation with our significant others, our doctor and close, personal (really personal, not fake) friends.   ENOUGH ALREADY!

Rant over.  Carry on.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Christi said:

Finally dawned on my why Luanne look so familiar...she is a Caytlin Jenner doppelganger. ..

When Caitlyn's Vanity Fair cover first came out, many of us noted the resemblance.

caitlyn-jenner-photos.jpg  Picture-141-400x300.jpg

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Boofish said:

I see SkinnyGirl products everywhere in Texas (Houston) especially liquor stores. They have some pretty impressive displays. I actually love the peach mojito (don't judge me!!)

No worry.  I actually like the original marguerita and always keep a bottle for its quick, easy access.  I don't host guests frequently and therefore don't want to be mixing and blending several drink ingredients for just myself, so I could just grab that and pour over ice.   The few other SG products that I've tried (non-alcohol) were decent.  At least not any worse than any other average priced snack or beverage out there.

(edited)
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Never seen it. How is that even possible? It's a nationwide dealio. I live in Texas. When she first sold the wine and spirits, I saw it everywhere. The spirits you can still find in most liquor stores. The wines and some products in many grocery stores. The other products you can find at many TJ Maxx's. 

We have her popcorn at my Kroger's where I work but that's all. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

I'm in Silver Spring, MD and have never seen SkinnyGirl products, but then I don't really look. I couldn't finish the last episode and only got half way through this. Tired of the Bethenny show and will probably just read these forums or ease out of RHoNY.

It can be really hard to see her products (except the booze, which are everywhere). You almost have to be looking for them. It's such a tiny brand that she generally has very little shelf space - just one or two facings a sku, usually in categories where the heavy hitters have a lot of shelf space. Last year I saw her stuff almost never (and my job means that I spend most all of my time in one grocery store or another, all over the US and Canada). This year, I am seeing her stuff much more often. Getting the deal at Walmart was incredibly huge for her. Literally, you change your fortunes when you get Walmart on board. After Walmart, other retailers will start giving you a second look and you find your brand getting into other stores. I was really surprised to look at her website and see how well they are doing with regard to getting into stores this year vs. last year. The real test is whether or not the stuff sells, but the fact that so many retailers are willing to give her a chance (the biggest test for sure) is good news for her. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I thought Bethenny looked beautiful for the deal at Dylan's. It was very striking with the red hair and the black and white outfit...then she slid out of her car, didn't take her driver's proffered hand, didn't thank him for the ride, nor  even acknowledge his presence. What an asshole.

• Love 5

Is it just me or did that dance instructor look a little chubby? You'd think a person who dances or a living would be more fit. JMO

As far as Ramonas extensions they don't bother me at all....I've never understood you have to cut your hair after a "certain" age I'm 58 and I will PROUDLY tell you my hair gos to my waist and no I don't have extensions..LOL..it's all mine. Anybody who doesn't like it can not look!

• Love 4

I had an abdominal myomectomy a few years ago to remove one massive fibroid.  They can also do the surgery laparoscopically or even robotically, but the fibroids need to be smaller for those options.   So, Bethenny was talking about the abdominal or open surgery that I had ... It's definitely a much more difficult recovery than a c section.  Fibroids can be attached to your uterine wall and the doctor has to do a lot of work to remove it.  It's not just lifting it out like they would to remove a baby during a c section.   My c sections were a breeze after that, but even still ... it wasn't the big deal she was making it.  If it has to be done, just do it, recover and move on.   

And im not finished watching the episode yet, but does she never have the surgery at all or is it just postponed?   

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Is it just me or did that dance instructor look a little chubby? You'd think a person who dances or a living would be more fit. JMO

As far as Ramonas extensions they don't bother me at all....I've never understood you have to cut your hair after a "certain" age I'm 58 and I will PROUDLY tell you my hair gos to my waist and no I don't have extensions..LOL..it's all mine. Anybody who doesn't like it can not look!

I have zero problem with a gal having long hair no matter what her age - if it looks healthy and is flattering.  I totally get why Kyle wouldn't want to cut her locks - they are gorgeous. Ramona's hair looks like shit. You can see her extensions, which is something I never understand. The do not flatter her at all. Whenever I see a flashback of earlier times, I'm shocked at how much younger and better she looked when her hair was shorter. Of course, her makeup in her TH interviews isn't helping much either. 

8 minutes ago, wallofsound said:

I had an abdominal myomectomy a few years ago to remove one massive fibroid.  They can also do the surgery laparoscopically or even robotically, but the fibroids need to be smaller for those options.   So, Bethenny was talking about the abdominal or open surgery that I had ... It's definitely a much more difficult recovery than a c section.  Fibroids can be attached to your uterine wall and the doctor has to do a lot of work to remove it.  It's not just lifting it out like they would to remove a baby during a c section.   My c sections were a breeze after that, but even still ... it wasn't the big deal she was making it.  If it has to be done, just do it, recover and move on.   

And im not finished watching the episode yet, but does she never have the surgery at all or is it just postponed?   

Postponed.  She tried the non-surgical route for several months, then had surgery in May. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

No more self-centered than BetheME.  And how dare Bethenny call anybody else narcissistic, I guess she's never looked in a mirror.  

I detest Carole.  The truth is, if she had a son Adam's age, she'd cringe at a woman her age dating him.  She took offense when Luann said that to her, but Luann was just speaking the truth IMO.

Bethenny's pissed because if Luann gets married SHE might get her own Bravo show.

What did Jules do to her vagina?  I must have missed that.  

Here's my thing.  Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja, Carole give a lot of lip service, they act like they have no problem being single and I'd believe them, if they didn't tear down the boyfriends of both Luann and Dorinda.  I don't like Dorinda's boyfriend, but she likes him and really that's all that matters.  

Carole isn't single, though, and neither is Bethenny at this time of filming (though of course she keeps him off-camera). 

The only comment I recall Carole making against anybody's SO was saying that John looked "sweaty" at Bethenny's birthday party cookout in the Hamptons early on in the season.  Maybe there was another adjective too. Uncomfortable? Large?  I can't remember now.  I'd wouldn't call that tearing him down.  But that's me.  I don't think Sonja was tearing anybody down either. 

Ramona and Bethenny?  Well they sure did their damnedest to tear John down earlier in the season--that is for sure!

15 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have zero problem with a gal having long hair no matter what her age - if it looks healthy and is flattering.  I totally get why Kyle wouldn't want to cut her locks - they are gorgeous. Ramona's hair looks like shit.

Exactly. I'm all for woman of any age having any length of hair they want--provided it's flattering, healthy, and well-cared for. Kyle is a perfect example of how to do it right. If it's not in good shape and is aging you ... then yeah, I think you (general you) should cut that shit.  Or in Ramona's case, lose the janky extensions.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, wallofsound said:

And yet she was showing off for the camera, doing headstands 4 - 6 weeks after surgery.  Can you imagine?  I had a c section (which I agree isn't as invasive as a myomectomy) and tore a section of the incision open by overdoing it a couple weeks after delivery.  But, I can't imagine bending over, kicking my legs up and standing on my head. LOL hell no.  She should open a restaurant called CrazyGirl. Maybe she didn't hurt herself or her incision but that would explain why steri strips were still hanging out over her bikini bottoms on the 4th of July.

I agree about long hair.  But even Kyle, who has really gorgeous hair, looked much more updated once she took off 3 or 4 inches.  And I agree about tracks showing.  It's awful looking.  Yolanda's, with all her money, always looked bad.  Going short was the best thing for her.  Ramona can't go that short because she's not got the height or bone structure but her hair looked great shoulder length.  It gave her more volume.  Now it just looks weighed down and straggly.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

While Ramona's extensions are not flattering, I think the new breasts were a mistake and make her look matronly.  I don't know hall tall she is, but they seem to have made her shorter!

Agree, they sit too high on her chest, forming two pitcher's mounds.  She never needed them, but she was feeling desperate (which makes me so sad for her cause I kind of love our crazy crazy Ramona).  And if she was gonna get em, she needed Jax to be in charge (teardrops!  natural teardrops!).

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

The only comment I recall Carole making against anybody's SO was saying that John looked "sweaty" at Bethenny's birthday party cookout in the Hamptons early on in the season.  Maybe there was another adjective too. Uncomfortable? Large?  I can't remember now.  I'd wouldn't call that tearing him down.  But that's me.  I don't think Sonja was tearing anybody down either.

The other adjective was "misshapen," if I remember correctly.  I don't know if it's tearing him down (it's only tearing him down if he actually gets torn down, I suppose), but "sweaty and misshapen" aren't terms of endearment in anybody's book.

I just noticed this last episode what a mouth-breather Carole is.  So if she feels comfortable calling out other people's physical imperfections, I guess she must have a very robust self-image.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

These women can't even tell the difference or explain behaviours correctly. Lu always talking about herself and her relationship is not Lu acting better than the others. It's Lu being self-absorbed. I mean, clearly none of the other women ever act self-absorbed (note the sarcasm). Lu does sometimes act as if things or matters are beneath her which definitely can give off a 'I'm better than you vibe'. You know what else gives off that kind of vibe Bethenny? Calling someone a slut and whore and airing their personal life as a means to compare your moral compasses and suggesting that your compass is better.  How rich was it that Ramona was complaining about Lu being self-absorbed and then later on we see Ramona upset and getting everyone's attention so that she can inform that they didn't give her enough attention when she walked into the restaurant. Then she lied about what she said and tried to play it off as 'the word around town'. And then another rich moment is when she called out Dorinda for telling Lu what she said about Lu...when not long ago she was doing the same to Lu with the rest of the girls. Oh Ramona, you'll never change. 

I thought Sonja was really mature in the way she addressed the Lu issue with Ramona. She didn't deny Lu's self-absorbed behaviour but she was took into account that her friend was happy and that she was still in her blissful stage. Sonja would rather be happy for her friend and let her have her moment. Ramona would rather say she wants all of her friends to get along as she talks shit behind one of her friend's back. Is Ramona manipulative or just plain dumb? How can she claim that she wants everyone to get along but then runs back retelling stories in the most negatively dramatic of ways that would obviously leave more distaste rather than build any bridge for peace? 

And Carole - it's actually quite normal that a person offer an apology and then leave some space for the offended party to reach out if they choose to accept and possibly move forward after an incident. 

Dorinda's Ramona impressive was AMAZING! I was laughed out loud for the entire thing, lol. 

Is this the resolution that Carole was talking about? Keeping it light and bright? I thought Lu and Carole were mature with their interaction and i felt that Carole was particularly gracious. I can understand being so caught up with being in love but it would have been nice for Lu to express her appreciation for Carole's attitude more outwardly by engaging in more dialogue about how Carole was doing. She did catch herself pretty quickly when she called the table bitches but made a point to apologize to Carole and clarify that she wasn't referring to her. She wasn't referring to Dorinda either but she knows that Dorinda knows that and doesn't need clarification. 

I thought that was a real moment for Lu. Where she understood that they were just finally being able to have friendly interaction and then she goes and calls the whole table bitches. I thought that was a very considerate moment although Carole looked off guard. It seems like Carole thinks Lu's kindness is offputting to her cause she can't reciprocate as strongly as Lu. I hope Carole understands that it's ok for her to be a bit more reserved in her interactions with Lu even though Lu likes to be a bit more familiar with people she's interacting with even if there is a history there. I think that was one of Carole's problems with Lu before the whole Adam thing actually.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

All these shows, not just the NY crowd, have words that relate to our male and female private parts that they like to say over and over and over.  The OC crowd seems to be fond of anal and penis. 

In the OC's defense (!), I assume they're using the words correctly. 

Saying "vagina" when referring to either a "uterus" or "vulva" is the same as saying "penis" when referring to a "testicle."  It's just wrong, and I'm kind of pissed off that women do this. 

No man would ever bash his testicle and say he'd hurt his penis, and that's even though they're both on the outside, right there next to each other; we somehow manage to keep those straight.  But Jules bashes her outside and says she injured her inside (and that plastic surgeon agrees!).  And Bethenny is relocating her fibroids from inside an organ to an orifice.  Think for just one second, Bethenny (if you can shut up that long):  If fibroids were vaginal problems, you wouldn't need to be cut open to have them removed.  And I'm still waiting for Jules to explain how she used her phone to take the photos of her vagina.

(And...I'm old so I'm not scared of pubic hair, but Jules is young (just ask her) and I wonder if those photos of not-her-vagina have the pre-pubescent look that is popular these days.  Ew.)

Like you, delicatedee, I'd like to hear less of all of it, but if they are going to use these words, they should at least use them correctly.  (I notice with relief that the PTV recaps have improved in this respect.)

• Love 9

One thing I will say: this season of RHNY is really delivering for me.  I really enjoy it and there hasn't been too many dull moments.  Yes, Bethenny dominates the air time and the cast but I think this group of women work well together and there's been a good mix of high drama and fun, light moments, which is what I like in a reality show.  For starters, I love watching Bethenny in action with Skinnygirl -- she knows her stuff when it comes to marketing, brand building and launching new products. I believe the Bethenny/Carole friendship is real but I just wish Carole had more of a storyline than the Adam cookbook and serving as Beth's sidekick.  Continue to love Dorinda -- yes she plays both sides of the fence but I love her elegance, clothes and empathy for others so much that I can overlook the drunken slurring and Queens insults.  Sorry but I really dig Jules -- she is a really interesting bird and her ED storyline is riveting. LuAnn is still the MVP in my book -- willing to take more punches than anyone but she comes back swinging.  Sonja, I just feel badly for her but still enjoy her humor and daffiness.  Ramona is annoying but damn she provides so many funny moments, some unintentionally, which are the best ones.

The Reunion should be interesting.  Look for a Bethenny Apology Tour, more LuAnn baiting, tears from Sonja and Ramona whipping around her skanky hair extensions like a heavy metal guitarist from the 1980s.  Lets just hope we don't have to hear the pedophile word or rehash argument again.

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, Boofish said:

I see SkinnyGirl products everywhere in Texas (Houston) especially liquor stores. They have some pretty impressive displays. I actually love the peach mojito (don't judge me!!)

I haven't tasted any of the Skinny Girl products but I see them everywhere.  I wonder if they will still be around three years from now?  I guess they will be around as long as Bethenny is on RHONY.

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

The other adjective was "misshapen," if I remember correctly.  I don't know if it's tearing him down (it's only tearing him down if he actually gets torn down, I suppose), but "sweaty and misshapen" aren't terms of endearment in anybody's book.

I just noticed this last episode what a mouth-breather Carole is.  So if she feels comfortable calling out other people's physical imperfections, I guess she must have a very robust self-image.

Ah yes - misshapen -- that was it. And I do agree, it was definitely not coming from a good place when she said it.  But in my mind, "tearing somebody down" is when you really are trying to disparage a person. Like with Bethenny and her allegations that John was a coke fiend. Or Lu calling somebody a pedafile.  I guess maybe it just depends on how you interpret the phrase. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, b2H said:

You know who has been missing lately:. Dorinda's guy, John.  The ladies probably finally refused to be on with him.

I believe John returns this next week with Dorinda, Jules, Michael, Sonja  and some guy

It became pretty apparent that Bethenny and Carole determining who they would film with was not working out.  That is why there has been a storyline now based around who will apologize to Bethenny and Carole's satisfaction.  It didn't happen and now it seems the storyline is over Luann not being there with her girlfriends who spent the first 12 episodes telling her they didn't like her, voting her off trips, was a bad influence on Sonja and she wasn't open enough.  Now she won't shut up about what is going on in her life and she is a bad friend because they don't care and apparently, if you are Carole, single people are a lot happier than the married ones she knows. (She tweeted that last week.)  Luann can't be happy because Bethenny doesn't want her to be.

Things that are not working, Jules and Dorinda stepping out for smoke breaks, Ramona arriving late and way too much time spent on the word brassiere.  That was covered in the first three weeks.  It just isn't all that funny.  Needless to say endless discussion involving the word vagina. 

I am still trying to decide what Countess behavior is.  If Bethenny feels Luann elevates herself when she is married that is on Bethenny.  It is a hard concept for her to fathom that some people just really enjoy being part of a couple.  It is something that works for Luann, Dorinda and John and worked for Ramona for many years and seems to be working for Carole.  Bethenny likes to see people alone because she believes it makes her more important in their lives.   I have never remained friends with a person like Bethenny who feels the need to voice her displeasure in another's personality, mate choice or value system.  She demands change from people and then considers it a victory when they no longer seek out her friendship.  She doesn't force a change-she just alienates.  Ramona doesn't change she just keeps hanging around to give Bethenny material. 

• Love 4

Maybe John wised up and realized that he was just a target. Now the crabs are turning on each other in the bucket and he can step back and not put himself in the line of fire.

Of course now Michael and Tom are in the line of fire. I don't know how marked up they will be since the revelations about Jules marriage happened after filming ended so they might get off lightly. 

The worst place to be is to be the partner of a Real Housewife of New York. You are a target of all the other bitches who can't have a relationship and can only tear down other people so they can make them as miserable and lonely as they are. 

• Love 4