Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: XL 2 Sneak Peek - Mission Impossible

At first I was all, "YAY!" and then I was all, "Nooooo!" 

Poor Jake. If anyone deserved to be there until the end, it was him. He survived all the barfing and gut wrenching spasms, but had to go home over yellow eyes? No, I know it was serious. It just sucks. 

I have to say, I grew to like Steven. I know his attitude can rub people wrong, but I appreciated that he never gave up and tried keeping a positive attitude until the very end. It was sweet seeing all the gratitude everyone had for him after bringing back those fish. He reminds me of a little boy - he tries so hard, he just wants people to notice. I did think it was a little arrogant when Darrin was like, "You've earned my respect, and that's very hard to do". But whatever. 

It was a nice ending to a really depressing season. 

Does anyone know, are they going to do a follow up? I always wonder about how the people removed for medical reasons are doing. 

• Love 6
On 8/29/2016 at 7:01 PM, AZChristian said:

They said the fruit may have been contaminated by monkey and bat urine and/or feces.  Which would explain why some people got sick and some didn't; it would have depended on where the animals above had relieved themselves.  And it's likely that that production staff WASHED their fruit first.

Yes, they should have WASHED the damn fruit. And not eaten any that was already on the ground. And not eaten any that had any little punctures or cracks in it. They were way too careless with that fruit. 

On 8/29/2016 at 7:01 PM, AZChristian said:

And - sorry to say this - Darrin looked and acted like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.  He carried around that bow, but EVEN WHEN THE ANIMAL WAS STANDING STILL 15 FEET AWAY, he didn't use it.  He waited until it ran off and then bemoaned the fact that it had run off.  

Darrin killed a lizard when it was just him and Kim. I don't know if it was just coincidence, or if there was something about the larger group dynamic that killed his mojo, because....yea, he was pretty useless for the rest of their time out there. 

• Love 4

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's Out of Africa special. Why couldn't this be the show? Everyone was awesome and funny and we got to see more of their personalities.

Poor Jake and his facial paralysis, glad he was okay and so were the others.

The women losing their hair in clumps made me cringe.

Watching them all have their first real meal together was awesome.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, niklj said:

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's Out of Africa special. Why couldn't this be the show? Everyone was awesome and funny and we got to see more of their personalities.

Poor Jake and his facial paralysis, glad he was okay and so were the others.

The women losing their hair in clumps made me cringe.

Watching them all have their first real meal together was awesome.

Would have enjoyed the season much more if all episodes were like this. Actually, probably my own fault, as I'm not a regular N&A viewer, so didn't know individuals. I spent most of the season not knowing people's names, yet after watching this "Out of Africa" episode I actually know and like most of them. Not Darrin, though, in addition to being a know-it-all bow hog, come to find out he was also one dirty smelly dude. I find it like Tawny after the reunion episode, which was quite a change since I thought she was a dud during the season.

Couldn't help but worry about the wisdom of the feast after weeks of malnutrition, though. 

Missed seeing the early tap outs. Not sure what they would have said, but would have liked to hear if they wished they had stuck with it longer. Clarence really had no choice with his heat stroke, though. Still don't know about Angel. I read he was a favorite among some of the regular viewers, and wonder if he might not have stuck it out had he not been stuck with Ryan and Steven Lee Hall Junior at the start.

• Love 3

I'm surprised more people didn't tap out early after the orientation from the rangers.  That was SCARY.

If Darrin was so dirty that catfish were biting his butt when he finally went into the river to wash off, WHY didn't he grab the fish for dinner?

• Love 5

Really enjoyed the Out of Africa episode.

Was disheartened to see how much producer involvement there really was.  Safe to assume producer involvement is greater than what they showed, of course they have daily interaction because of the film crews.

That Jake really has some sort of sense of humor.  Maybe the most congenial participant ever on this show.

• Love 3
On September 1, 2016 at 0:08 PM, SRTouch said:

Would have enjoyed the season much more if all episodes were like this. Actually, probably my own fault, as I'm not a regular N&A viewer, so didn't know individuals. I spent most of the season not knowing people's names, yet after watching this "Out of Africa" episode I actually know and like most of them. Not Darrin, though, in addition to being a know-it-all bow hog, come to find out he was also one dirty smelly dude. I find it like Tawny after the reunion episode, which was quite a change since I thought she was a dud during the season.

Couldn't help but worry about the wisdom of the feast after weeks of malnutrition, though. 

Missed seeing the early tap outs. Not sure what they would have said, but would have liked to hear if they wished they had stuck with it longer. Clarence really had no choice with his heat stroke, though. Still don't know about Angel. I read he was a favorite among some of the regular viewers, and wonder if he might not have stuck it out had he not been stuck with Ryan and Steven Lee Hall Junior at the start.

Steven was live on Facebook and said he and Angel really bonded and still keep in touch. Angel made a cross necklace and gave it to him when he left