Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: XL 2 Sneak Peek - Mission Impossible

(edited)

really digging darrin and kim.......but FFS, why does kim always seem to get dealt the bad hand.  first it was worms and a bad partner the first go round and now tick fever.  would really like her to stay, but it's looking bleak.

angel is not an alpha and should not be on that team....darrin should be on that team.  still sickens me that he uses his kids as an excuse to tap out instead of the real reason.......u suck. (hey, may be harsh but at least it's honest)

they should have teamed ryan with the other women....that's drama.  see if he would give his "leadership" speech to them like he did to tarzan and angel.  douche move.  nice to know that he constantly reminds us he wakes up at 530 in the morning...like a cock.

i would love to see darrin (and kim) team up with tarzan.  i think they would mesh well....minus ryan.  so over the "i'm a leader, you're not" ego trip.  he's a bully and it's obvious.  watch him just kill baby, weaker preys to "thrive".  i liked him in his first stint, but looking back, his partner was right.  he's a coward and only goes for "smaller" preys and would cower at bigger ones.....like a bully.  marines sure are not getting great PR from this show...first you get the model afraid of ticks, and now you have douchey ryan.

Edited by lovebug1975
12 hours ago, niklj said:

Well, uh...this is getting to be a pretty disappointing season. It's like everyone never fully recovered from their first go-around.

Is it weird that I feel worse for Kim than Tawny, even though they have the same tick disease? I think it's because Kim is still trying to work through the pain and Tawny is just relying on her partners to do stuff.

Speaking of do stuff, that lady who always complained about Clarence never doing anything is...not doing anything. "Oh, I'll wait back here with Tawny. For, um, moral support. Yeah." While everyone is trying to catch fish, she's there "offering moral support." And I think that's what she did her first time, too. "My role is to offer moral support."

This show isn't "Naked and Supportive." This lady needs to go.

i'm looking at it at a different perspective.  i'm looking at this as a crucible.  all the impurities are quickly being removed.  by day 21, we should get a decent mix.

i never liked darrin on his first go round, but i'm really liking him on this one...him and kim.  really hoping kim makes it through.  she was a bad ass on her first ride, and she is still a bad ass now.  she recognizes her skill level is inferior to darrin but she still does what she can.  darrin and kim are the coolest cats on this casts.

on the "spoiler" preview on the first episode when they showed ryan having pains....i was like "nooooo, dude's a bad ass"......but after 3 episodes, i'm like "yessssss.....dude's a douche".  is it wrong that i secretly wish he was eaten by a lion?  like that would ever happen, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

"see you at the seesaw, Cindy" is from the 1995 Brady Bunch Movie

Revealing information like this would be classified as "uncensored" if it was provided by Discovery.

Thanks for this!

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, lovebug1975 said:

angel is not an alpha and should not be on that team....darrin should be on that team.

I agree with the first part, but I'm glad Darrin is with Kim. I think he is the perfect partner for her. They seem to get along really well, and I like how supportive he's been of her since she's been sick. At the same time, I think Angel's calmer demeanor was probably a nice balance on his tribe. I'm afraid Ryan and Steven will REALLY go at each other now that he's gone. 

8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I'm surprised nobody got sick from the looted leopard's lunch since it was described as tasting rancid, or, even more vividly, "like diarrhea."

Oh my gosh, I felt so nauseated the entire time they were eating that. Ew. 

• Love 1
On July 25, 2016 at 1:52 AM, lovebug1975 said:

After watching episode 3 "human prey"......

ryan is a whiner and a self righteous jerk.  he keeps preaching leadership, miltary, blah, blah...didn't he have like a breakdown or something...traumatic stress disorder or something .....so for someone to "preach" his own worth just seem fake to me if you yourself was a broken man after your military stint.  laughing off when he has no defense for his argument is a sign of a man who can't back up his shit....who cares if you get up at 5:30 in the morning.....that doesn't mean you are a leader because you wake up like a chicken who likes to cock a doodle doo.  going off on your own to hunt in the jungle......stupid.  if that is what he calls leadership, wow.  just wow.

why is angel even on the alpha team?  it should be rat boy.  all i hear is "i wish i was home".  trying to save face by using his daughters as an excuse for tapping out.  stfu.  just own it that you can't do it.  don't use your daughters as an excuse.  you didn't think about them on the two occasions you decided to do this.

clarence.....just as u were told, if you don't drink the water, your body will shut down...guess what?  and all that BS speeh about the elephants....spare me.....some self serving speech to save your ass and put a disney spin that the group should forgive your sorry ass.

"industrial strength eyelash extensions"...........hilarious.  that tops "see you at the seesaw, cindy".  too bad his combined group sucks.  without clarence, the group is basically just 5 women hanging out.  no wonder they are looking for more people, cause none of them can actually hunt.  as bad as clarence was, he actually brought more food to the group.  nothing about the "bad ass trio women" is even worth noting.  they get handed a nice area teeming with resources and they still have not done anything with it except lounge around the fire and waste away and wait for someone to bring food.

rat boy and his partner....wish them luck.  i really like that duo.  i never liked rat boy on his 21 day episode, but there is something different about him this time around.  he seems more relaxed and mellow....really nice guy.

I really like Darrin aka Rat Boy better this time also. He really connects with his partner. I think that is making him feel more comfortable. He does have great skills

i like Steven. I think he will break out and hunt on his own

i was a big Angel fan. I don't know what happened this time

maybe Africa was too much

• Love 2
On 7/20/2016 at 6:18 AM, ghoulina said:

I was sad to see Clarence go, just when he was finally starting to mesh with the group. Clarence bugs me at times. I think he means well, but he has a tendency  to act like a self-centered brat at times. But I don't think that's truly who he is. I think he is one of those people that really struggles to show his authenticity to others. People just don't get him, and he's probably used to that. But he was really making an effort. He caught some fish for them and was helping with the porcupine hole. I liked that the others realized their first impressions may have been wrong and felt bad for how they had talked about him. The elephant moment was so so cool, and it really sucked that after all that, he had to go. But the environment out there is no joke. They definitely need to be drinking more and doing more work in the very early and later parts of the day. 

I hope Kim can make it as well! But I'm scared for her with that bite, ick. I like her and Darrin together. They both seem really chill and supportive. 

I love how the knuckleheads on the all guy team have been out there every day and haven't caught squat, and Darrin saunters out there and catches a lizard like it ain't no thang. I think those guys are a little too puffed up. They all think they have the right idea, and they're not really effectively communicating. There was one shot of them, back at camp, and Ryan and Steven (did I get those names right?) were both making stank faces at each other, but not directly AT each other. They're going to seethe and seethe and then blow up. I'm predicting it now. 

Primitive hunting is not as easy as it looks. I think you would have to be highly HIGHLY skilled, and super patient, to be able to get a large animal with a spear like that. They might want to start going for smaller animals, because they're going to starve at this rate. 

I don't think they should be allowed to murder animals just because they're on a Tv show.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

I don't think they should be allowed to murder animals just because they're on a Tv show.

Well, it's not just because they're on a TV show. They're in the wilds of Africa and they have to eat something. There's no grocery store. With how severe the weather is out there, plant sources are going to be limited. They need a lot of protein to keep up their strength. Murder is technically defined as the unlawful killing of another person with premeditation. I respect all opinions, but I don't see feeding yourself as murder. 

• Love 7
On 7/27/2016 at 6:21 PM, stillhere1900 said:

try being secluded in the wild for weeks with no food and water.  by day 7, i assure you, in that same environment, you will be "murdering" anything you see, including the ticks.  hunger changes people in more ways than you can imagine.

• Love 4

It seemed like Darrin really shut down when the group merged.  His personality is so unique, he probably has had lots of bad experiences with groups and was much more comfortable with the small group of just he and Kim. 

LOL'd when the groups merged and the females were all, like, "do I look OK"? 

I have to call editing shenanigans when the antelope got caught and they showed Ryan saying "Damn", like he was mad that it was Jake's snare that worked.  Seriously, NOBODY is such a douche as to be in that environment and get upset when someone else's snare works before his.  Right ? ? ?

Man, I feel guilty watching these people suffer for my entertainment. 

• Love 2

The heat must be brutal there.  This group seems to be just sitting around all day long doing nothing really.  I would want to build a shelter with a roof over my head so when it does eventually rain I am not sitting in it.  I see the do have a portion of the shelter covered but not big enough for everyone to get under it when it rains.

Last season I don't remember so many just sitting around and not doing anything.  Maybe its the tick fever that most seem to have come down with.  Don't get me wrong I could not last even a day out there.  The ticks would have sent me packing the first day.   Its just not entertaining to watch people starve, waste away to nothing (some of the women look like walking skeletons) and puking their guts up. 

They look like the cast from Lord of the Flies too.  I know wearing mud helps with bugs and heat but they all just look unwashed.

• Love 3

Now that they are all together all I can think about is the stench that must be hanging around that campfire- and please take yourself at least a few feet away from the camp to vomit! Then the dark haired woman crawling around drinking out of the pot of water like a dog. They are really grossing me out.

12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Kim and Darrin seem to have both managed to make clothing, however rudimentary, for themselves.

After seeing the preview for next week, I'm assuming the antelope got away.

I hope so- I felt sorry for it and it stressed me out. The way it was thrashing it would be pretty hard to kill it without getting your head bashed in with flying hooves. These people don't have the skills or weapons that are required for big game hunting.

Edited by mingming
  • Love 1
On 7/31/2016 at 0:43 PM, forum4idiots said:

try being secluded in the wild for weeks with no food and water.  by day 7, i assure you, in that same environment, you will be "murdering" anything you see, including the ticks.  hunger changes people in more ways than you can imagine.

It's a effin TV show, so being "secluded in the wild for weeks with no food" is completely a choice and completely unnecessary. A plane didn't crash in the remotest part of the jungle and they have no other choice but to kill those animals to survive.

Edited by stillhere1900
  • Love 1

I really like Jake. It was very touching that his main goal was to feed Kim and Darrin, since they hadn't eaten in so long. 

19 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

It's a effin TV show, so being "secluded in the wild for weeks with no food" is completely a choice and completely unnecessary. A plane didn't crash in the remotest part of the jungle and they have no other choice but to kill those animals to survive.

I'm curious - what would you have then do, then? Not eat? Not do the show at all? Because there are people who do have to live like that, in order to survive. And I think the point of the show is to experience life out there as authentically as possible. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

I take it you are a lifelong strict vegan, then?

• Love 4

Ryan is getting downright creepy. He and his beard are going Lord of The Flies.

Speaking of his beard: In that heat, the silliest thing in the world is a beard. And the long hair. If I was headed out to sweat in extreme temps for over a month, I'd chop off all my hair, everywhere. I wonder if some of the women keep their long hair to (partly) hide their boobs; that seems a little ridiculous if you're going on a show where it's part of the deal to be naked 24/7. Seems to me a fuzzy beard or head of hair where ticks can hide would be just plain stupid. 

• Love 1

Agree about the bushy beard, although I can think of two possible "uses" for a woman having long hair: sun protection, and cordage (I remember one woman cut a lock of hair to use to make a bow drill).

• Love 2

I LOVE a beard on a man. It can be thick and a bit long, as long as it's well maintained. My husband was sporting one for awhile until he spent 3 days in 100 degree heat building out summer cabin. He came right home and shaved that thing off. I was so sad, but I understood. I don't know how Ryan can stand his in that heat, but it does offer some protection. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, stillhere1900 said:

Vegetarian.   The only dairy product I get is cheese.

These contestants do not have access to a supermarket to get much-needed complete proteins such as cheese. You may find killing animals to be distasteful but it's how humans have been satisfying their nutritional needs for millennia. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

These contestants do not have access to a supermarket to get much-needed complete proteins such as cheese. You may find killing animals to be distasteful but it's how humans have been satisfying their nutritional needs for millennia. 

I agree.  I had this very same discussion with a coworker about this show recently.  I love animals (some more than quite a few humans) and have cared for several as pets.  By that same token, I eat meat.  Is that a tiny bit hypocritical at its essence?  Sure, but how many of us can say with total certainty that we don't consume ANY animal byproducts in ANYTHING we eat or use?  I don't think some people realize just how challenging it is to eliminate every single trace of animal byproduct from one's entire life.  A tremendous slew of makeup, nail polishes, paints, colognes, shampoos, lotions, and household cleaners contain animal byproducts in some form, even those that claim not to.  I used to be a lacto-vegetarian when I was younger, or at least I thought I was until I started to research the production methods of foods like tortilla shells, white sugar, ice cream, gum, marshmallows, baked goods, etc.  As for cheese, at the end of the day, there's some inherent measure of cruelty and selfishness in holding an animal captive for the sole purpose of providing for human needs- even dairy products.  It's a built-in hypocrisy that we have come to accept by necessity.

I certainly don't enjoy watching some of the guys' chest-beating "apex predator" bullshit.  I like it when the participants respectfully thank the animal for giving its life for their needs, not gloat over it, roaring like a moron.  That's how I approach my own animal consumption.  The fact is that these people have to eat.  As silly as it may sound, I've actually learned a lot from watching this show from episode number one.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I LOVE a beard on a man. It can be thick and a bit long, as long as it's well maintained. My husband was sporting one for awhile until he spent 3 days in 100 degree heat building out summer cabin. He came right home and shaved that thing off. I was so sad, but I understood. I don't know how Ryan can stand his in that heat, but it does offer some protection. 

I love beards too! But I know how hot they are. From my husband complaining.

18 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

II certainly don't enjoy watching some of the guys' chest-beating "apex predator" bullshit.  I like it when the participants respectfully thank the animal for giving its life for their needs, not gloat over it, roaring like a moron.  That's how I approach my own animal consumption.  The fact is that these people have to eat.  As silly as it may sound, I've actually learned a lot from watching this show from episode number one.

Although I cringe at their exhultation when they kill something, I totally understand why they are so happy and relieved. I have to close my eyes when they kill an animal, even a lizard. But this is how humans lived for uncounted years, for millenia -- and I think that chest-beating might be in our programming. When you are hungry, things get really simple. There has to be yuuuuge satisfaction in it, not just for yourself but to know you are providing for the whole group. Humans would not have survived as a species if we hadn't had that aggressive, competitive nature to hunt successfully.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

I love beards too! But I know how hot they are. From my husband complaining.

Although I cringe at their exhultation when they kill something, I totally understand why they are so happy and relieved. I have to close my eyes when they kill an animal, even a lizard. But this is how humans lived for uncounted years, for millenia -- and I think that chest-beating might be in our programming. When you are hungry, things get really simple. There has to be yuuuuge satisfaction in it, not just for yourself but to know you are providing for the whole group. Humans would not have survived as a species if we hadn't had that aggressive, competitive nature to hunt successfully.

I hear you (and I tell myself that every time they do it).  I can't watch them killing, skinning, or cutting the animals, but I know a thing or five about hunger and I understand that thrill of providing for a group of starving people.  The N&A participants experience next-level hunger, of course, but I get it. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

@ghoulina, I agree with you, I really like Jake too.  He seems like such a sweet, kind hearted man. He and the woman who looks like Martha Plimpton  are my favorites. I can't remember "Martha's" name at the moment. 

LOL, do you mean the one with the tattoos, who has been with Jake from the beginning? I can't remember her name either, but I like her as well. She seems like a total no BS kind of gal. 

23 hours ago, ghoulina said:

LOL, do you mean the one with the tattoos, who has been with Jake from the beginning? I can't remember her name either, but I like her as well. She seems like a total no BS kind of gal. 

You might mean Stacey.  She lost favor when she was critical of Clarence, and then stayed back to 'support' Tawney.  Was it Stacey who was vomiting with Phaedra and said 'let's not tell them we were puking so close to camp'? 

• Love 2

These people are starting to become unlikeable and petty. 

Whats the deal about fighting over the freaking bow lol lol. Comeon, that's beyond petty. They sent a guy to bring the bow back. Lol bring the bow back for what? And why does Darin have bug out eyes like he's on amphetemines?

• Love 1

Man this episode left me feeling conflicted.

Was Steven right to stay? Was Darrin right to keep the bow? Should Steven have listened to Darrin about weapons building? Did Steven actually say that thing? Did Darrin have to share that thing? Did Jake and the group really have to have an argument about it? 

Maybe they should split off into different groups or something, it doesn't seem like the big group thing is working out very well... Man, I don't understand how any of them are going to make it 40 days. I feel bad for them that they are put in South Africa during a DROUGHT. That really eliminates half their chances to survive, like they mentioned last episode. They don't have the vegetation that would ordinarily be able to sustain them without meat, like nuts, berries, and other fruit. They got creative with the tubers, but other than that, I don't understand what the producers thought they would subsist on.

• Love 3

Did anyone else notice during the night when the 2 hunters were at alpha camp and lions were walking around, Steven said he had the kill-horn fired up and in hand just in case. I assume this is something like an air horn, meant to bring in the producers and fire power in case someone was attacked by an animal. Is the air horn supposed to call for help, or scare animals away? Interesting tidbit. But if movies are any indication, an animal mauling (especially by a lion, tiger or warthog), would be over in a matter of seconds. No way a horn can help then. 

The group needs to stop focusing on large game and go after smaller game. Are there no snakes in Africa cooling off in the shade? No crabs in the water? It doesn't always have to be the big mammal that provides them with sustenance. That is why they are still going hungry on day 25.

I am am not enjoying this season at all. S1 seemed more prepared for the conditions, and they had Jeff the big game hunter to provide food for them. This bunch is a bunch of lazy lie-a rounds who do nothing all day long, and expect others to bring in food. "But survival is supposed to be lazy" I'm sure they will defend at the reunion.  Sorry bunch.

• Love 2

Speaking of Jeff, did anyone else notice the show Dual Survival? It's Jeff & his Alpha team bromance (Richard? Robert?) back for more. This time they get to keep their clothes on. Comes out August 24. Count me in after this crapfest is over, I will be needing a palate cleanser. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Speaking of Jeff, did anyone else notice the show Dual Survival? It's Jeff & his Alpha team bromance (Richard? Robert?) back for more.

Those two are self-promoters who need no help from my viewership.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

Steven was so annoying on that hunt. He's the one who brought that weapon, then he just whined his ass off about how he wanted to use the bow. Screw you, dude. Darrin is still my favorite. I wish the women had more to do, they seem to get no airtime.

• Love 2

Steven is a big crybaby, always wah-wah-wah about his feelings. Darrin may be a bit creepy but I agree with his point about doing what you say you're going to do. And if the bow and arrow belong to Darrin, then Steven should shutup and stick to his atlatl, which he was saying he wanted to use. I agree they are being ridiculous going after larger game animals. I can't help wondering how much of this bullshit is about the boys trying to out-do one another. I wanna be the provider! No, me! I'm gonna be the provider! And the women's strategy seems to be to lay around all day and complain. The group confrontation with Steven was ugly. Yes, Steven used the word "lazy" but I can't remember if he was talking about the whole group or Darrin. Who cares what he thinks? Jake seems to be the only real level-headed diplomat clear-thinker leader person who is capable of not alienating everyone. I remember watching a program once about what specific skills chimps lack that keep them from solving problems that humans can solve, and one of them was cooperation. 

• Love 3

The bow and arrows were Kim's. not Darrin's, but at this point they were considered the property of the group.

I'm not a fan of "Steven Lee Hall, Jr." but when Darrin said they should go back to the group and rely on eating fish, Steven said that it was lazy to just count on fish and not go after larger prey.  He never said the group was lazy.  To the camera in an aside he said he thought Darrin was a "lazy ass."  I just rewatched it twice to see where the lazy talk came in.

I think Steven was wrong not to return, because he promised as well.  But I also think Darrin was wrong to hog the bow and arrow.  Who is he to unilaterally decide only he is good enough to use them?  Steven also had a lot of experience and with two days it would have made sense for each to have one day with the better equipment.

Edited by riverblue22
fix the spelling of Darrin's name.
  • Love 3

In terms of the group discussion I found myself shouting at the tv saying "the who said what doesn't matter, only the fact that Steven broke the decision to come back on Day 25" - that's where I really felt he was wrong. Imagine how worried the group would have been if neither came back on the day promised.

Except for Jake (my fave), the men seem to be engaged in a dick waving contest. As others have mentioned, why put the contestants in a drought situation, cutting out a large percentage of edibles from the start?

BTW, Darrin now looks like the Geico caveman! :-)

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Darren and Steven have to stop acting like two hormonal teenagers fighting over who is going to ask the head cheerleader to the homecoming dance.

I am finding this season of XL uninspired and kind of boring.

ITA I'm not finding any of the macho men very inspiring. The only man who even attempts to work as a team seems to be Jake. The way the women are being portrayed is equally uninspiring.

I'm really wondering if it might be boring simply because of the editing. The whole show is so focused on the social interactions we see next to nothing is shown about survival techniques. Pretty much anything dealing with survival is glossed over and barely mentioned. I mean, if I were out there, Naked and Afraid, and Kim and Darrin showed up in camp wearing rudimentary clothing, mocassins, and Kim in a grass hat, I think it might make me consider doing something besides sit around camp bitching. Instead of everyone making mocassins and loinclothes nobody even mentions it. Nope, I'm finding it pretty hard to believe the editing.

• Love 3

Steven is really sad with his 'if only' statements.  

If only I was in a bar, I'd knock his teeth out.  If only I had my compound bow I'd have killed 20 by now.  If only it were me in the blind with the bow.  If only we had a grocery nearby.....

Darrin was wrong to tell the others Steven said they were lazy, even if that had been what Steven said it would have been wrong.  Darrin was against joining a larger group back when he and Kim were alone, he seems to find a real challenge in dealing with others, although he really did a nice job with Kim before joining the other group.

Darrin & Kim's clothing/footwear does not seem to have had much influence on the choices of the others.  Maybe the resources are not available?

Although Ryan is only trying to raise his visibility level, his headgear was entertaining.

Could not help but think of how the Season 1 group ran Dani off last year when the group was dealing with Darrin's report on Steven lazy accusations.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1

I agree with those who say that maybe the groups should have stayed a bit more separate. Their initial thought was many hands make light work. But it's not really panning, because there are a lot of "alphas" competing to be the provider and no one is really listening to one another. 

As far as Steven vs. Darrin, they were both in the wrong. On the one hand, the bow did not belong exclusively to Darrin, so he shouldn't have been such a hog with it. On the other hand, Steven broke his freaking atlatl right away, so I would probably be apprehensive about letting him use the only other hunting tool they have. He seems to be a lot of talk. I think Darrin is the only one so far who has caught any meat besides fish, no? 

And yes, Steven should have gone back when he promised he would. But I did think Darrin relayed what Steven said incorrectly. Now whether this was intentional or a misunderstanding, I do not know. But Steven definitely did not call the entire group "lazy" as far as I'm concerned. 

I do think going back to Kim and Darrin's original camp makes sense, since they seem to have depleted all the fish where they're staying. But I would strongly consider splitting into 2 smaller groups, so we don't have all these arrogant men stamping around 24-7. It's counter-productive. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree with those who say that maybe the groups should have stayed a bit more separate. Their initial thought was many hands make light work. But it's not really panning, because there are a lot of "alphas" competing to be the provider and no one is really listening to one another. 

As far as Steven vs. Darrin, they were both in the wrong. On the one hand, the bow did not belong exclusively to Darrin, so he shouldn't have been such a hog with it. On the other hand, Steven broke his freaking atlatl right away, so I would probably be apprehensive about letting him use the only other hunting tool they have. He seems to be a lot of talk. I think Darrin is the only one so far who has caught any meat besides fish, no? 

And yes, Steven should have gone back when he promised he would. But I did think Darrin relayed what Steven said incorrectly. Now whether this was intentional or a misunderstanding, I do not know. But Steven definitely did not call the entire group "lazy" as far as I'm concerned. 

I do think going back to Kim and Darrin's original camp makes sense, since they seem to have depleted all the fish where they're staying. But I would strongly consider splitting into 2 smaller groups, so we don't have all these arrogant men stamping around 24-7. It's counter-productive. 

I agree that the resources just don't appear to be available for a single group. Or, at least the survival skills of these folks are the wrong skill set for the situation. Nothing we've seen so far suggests they'll ever be able to feed the group unless someone makes a lucky kill. Problem is, if the group split who would be in the new smaller groups. There's three know-it-all males who would end up at each other's throats no matter who they ended up with. The way I see things, Darrin, Ryan, and Steven could each go to separate teams - but even that would cause conflict as they would fight over their meager team resources. Who keeps the net, the bow and arrows, and the atlatl if they split up?

It must be the lack of food and water that is making these normally sane people feel as though their trust has been breach or broken because Steven and Darrin got pissy with each other.  Yes Steven should have gone back as promised but if he and Darrin were on the same page and working together it made perfect sense for Darrin to go back and let the group know that Steven stayed back to try his hand using the bow.  What is wrong with that?  its not like Amazing Race where teams must stay together. 

Steven stayed behind to try and kill some food for the group.  The fact that he and Darrin did not see eye to eye should not have been the groups problem. And Darrin was just stirring the pot when he came back to tattle on Steven for 1. staying (cause you know a promise is a promise) and 2. Even if Steven did say they were all lazy (which he either did not say or I missed it) Darrin did not need to share it.  The only purpose of sharing it was to stir shit up with group.  And I think Darrin embellished what Steven actually said just to get the group pissed off at Steven because he was pissed.

And really?  I know the bow was Darrin's but he couldn't just let Steven try it?  He had no better luck than Steven had with his spear.  In fact I think he got pissed when he bragged that he had 40 shots with bow and Steven pointed out that was 40 FAILS to kill anything.  The look on Darrin's face was priceless.

And the whole group showing up to confront......er "talk" to Steven was pointless but also very confrontational and had the "ganging up" feel to it.  And they must not have been very far from the camp because they got there so quickly, so what was the BIG deal about staying out two days?  And asking for the bow back to "secure" it for the group....huh?  What was Steven going to do?  Break the bow?  Steal it to go where exactly?

And I felt for Steven sitting there trying to get food for group and here they come all broken up because their trust is broken now all because Darrin came back to camp crying like a little girl......sorry to all the little girls out there.  I totally got Steven when he said it hurt his feelings and I am glad he did not go off on any of them especially Darrin who looked like a deer caught in the headlights when Steven said he never said that they were all lazy.  Darrin fumbled around looking for some way to rework exactly what Steven said.  When that one chick (can't remember her name) said she point blank asked Darrin 3 times that Steven said they were all being lazy and Darrin said yes that is what he said, only to fumble around when confronted by Steven, I thought she would see through Darrin's BS but she didn't.

Sigh.  Like I said at the beginning of my post I will cut them a lot of flack because these people are STARVING and not thinking logically.  I hope they recant some of it at the reunion when they have full stomachs.

• Love 6

I think this season is boring because as previously stated it is the location. Dry intensive heat in a drought barren land. There's nothing there to catch. A few fish and a crab. No vegetation like last season. Hunting large animals requires perhaps different tools and skills

steven was live on Facebook and said the hunting with the Rock is a primitive style of hunting that was used at that time. Just hope we see saw action in hunting and survival skills

i had very high hopes for Angel.