Type keyword(s) to search

Track & Field: Insert Latest Scandal here

8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Bolt just loped to that 9.84 in the semi. He's gonna have to blow a tire to lose the gold.

Looked to the right, looked to the left, jogged home in 9.86. Ho hum. Gatlin's going to have his work cut out for him later tonight. Oh who am I fooling? Gatlin doesn't have a snowball's chance. May as well just hand the medal to Bolt now and be done with it. :D

4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I miss Michael Johnson. That 200m in Atlanta was spectacular.

Me too, and I can't believe the way Van Niekerk just destroyed his record in the 400. Holy crap! Well done, young man!

• Love 3

Yes Van Niekerk! So proud of that laaitie! Finally, gold for SA! And in what fashion!

Great triple jump as well! Brilliantly done by iBarguen!

Edited by Snipsa
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I heard the other day that he's in Rio. He may show up on NBC. 

I've seen him, I think he's announcing for the BBC or some other news network.  Oops, y'all beat me to it!

In addition to the gold shoes, I just loved to watch him run because he ran so upright, and I haven't seen anyone run like him since.  Yeah, I miss him.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

Well if there's going to be nonstop media coverage of someone I'd rather it be Usain Bolt than Michael Phelps. Usain Bolt is just more fun. I know it's partly an act but it's still amusing.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 11
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Well if there's going to be nonstop media coverage of someone I'd rather it be Usain Bolt than Michael Phelps. Usain Bolt is just more fun.

hehehe right? 

Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Well if there's going to be nonstop media coverage of someone I'd rather it be Usain Bolt than Michael Phelps. Usain Bolt is just more fun.

and... apparently i want to agree with you twice LOL

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

As a MURRIKIN, I wouldn't know this. :) Our exposure to BBC is very limited and sports isn't part of it. 

LOL no worries :) I only knew because NBC had just announced it :)

Vicault has a really nice bum. 

• Love 1

Usain Bolt.  THIS is what I have been waiting for and why I watch the Olympics.  The man is just electrifying.

On another subject:  the crowd booing.  This is the first Olympics where I've heard so much booing.  Justin Gatlin was punished for his doping, so he didn't deserve to get booed.  Same thing for that female Russian swimmer.  I think sportsmanship should apply to the crowd in the stands as well as the athletes.

Anyway:  USAIN!!!!!

• Love 1

Wow at Bolt. And I love that he did his victory lap carrying a huge stuffed animal. 

Re: the crowd booing, I don't like it but Brazilians are huge passionate sports fans and I think that shows in their crowd reactions. It's not Wimbledon for sure.

22 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well if there's going to be nonstop media coverage of someone I'd rather it be Usain Bolt than Michael Phelps. Usain Bolt is just more fun. I know it's partly an act but it's still amusing.

And they really just started yesterday with Usain, whereas they started covering Phelps from the damn getgo.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

hehehe right? 

and... apparently i want to agree with you twice LOL

LOL no worries :) I only knew because NBC had just announced it :)

Vicault has a really nice bum. 

Figures that my wifi would crap out right before the race! (I'm on the west coast, so I'm stuck with the Live Feed). 

Damn!!!!!

6 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Well, swimming starts from the get go, while track & field started yesterdayish.

Yeah, that's true, so let  me just say that they started with Phelps even before the Olympics got started.

Is he favored in the 200 as well?  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Is he favored in the 200 as well?  

He's a bigger favorite in the 200m than the 100m. Gatlin had a chance based on the 2015 World Championships result. Barring a false start or an injury there's no chance in the 200m

He's if anything more heavily favored in the 200. Him running up to hug Wayde van Niekerk was cute. On the other hand all this cheering and him running a victory lap with a stuffed animal makes me miss "classic" track and field where the end of the race was marked by stare-downs, walking off the field without a handshake, and accusations of doping flying back and forth before the winner even takes a victory lap. Anyone remember those days of track? 

Allyson Felix and Usain Bolt just seem too "happy" to be track champions, if that even makes any sense.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

Took NBC five (!!) minutes to reveal the bronze medal winner of the men's 100m final. It's not that hard a job, guys.

right?! I had to check online to figure out who won the bronze medal!

8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

He's a bigger favorite in the 200m than the 100m. Gatlin had a chance based on the 2015 World Championships result. Barring a false start or an injury there's no chance in the 200m

Ok thanks, I guess I had forgotten.  

He's if anything more heavily favored in the 200. Him running up to hug Wayde van Niekerk was cute. On the other hand all this cheering and him running a victory lap with a stuffed animal makes me miss "classic" track and field where the end of the race was marked by stare-downs, walking off the field without a handshake, and accusations of doping flying back and forth before the winner even takes a victory lap. Anyone remember those days of track? 

Oh yes, the Carl Lewis days.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Allyson Felix and Usain Bolt just seem too "happy" to be track champions, if that even makes any sense.

I don't specifically remember those days but I am old enough to remember the Ben Johnson fiasco.