Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Week 6

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Thank you for this.  Tried to do some research online but everything now I see about Aaron and family is in relation to the show.  If it's Olivia and she's making him choose, then that's sad that he would choose a girl over family.  But that's just me.

I do believe that JoJo wanted to use the one on one to see if there were any feelings for Alex.  But obviously there were not.  But then why did she keep saying how great a day they had?  Why let him go on and on?  I realize that they had to do dinner and let it play out.  But as she said in the interview where she was talking about how she sucks at the whole thing and doesn't know what she's doing, maybe she should have stopped him.  I guess, however, it's all about drama for the show.  It's not like he was getting down on one knee and she had to stop him from proposing.  

I know this is a bit off topic, but it's hard for my to imagine that Olivia Munn is such a horrendous person that she would force her boyfriend to chose her over his family. She doesn't strike me as a horrible bitch in any way. I'd like to think there is much more to the story than we can possibly know. She was on 'the Long Island Medium' lol (hangs head in shame) and I found her and her family quite charming. I do think she used to be uniquely beautiful. But then she went and ruined her face with all the plastic surgery.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

YES, to Jordan withholding the info, and GOD NO to him making it this far if he didn't have a famous brother. He's have a much different life if Aaron weren't....Aaron Rodgers. 

Without being "Aaron Rodgers brother," Jordan would still be back in Chico. Maybe he'd have played high school football and junior college football at Butte, because he is obviously a good athlete, but an SEC caliber QB? Doubtful. Vanderbilt is probably the least successful football program in the SEC. It's actually a tough and academically competitive private school. It's not a football factory, which is why Jordan probably never would have gotten in without "help" from Aaron and his pal, Jay. The boy's a bit of a meathead.  He definitely wouldn't have gotten tryouts on several NFL and CFL squads. And he certainly wouldn't have had his Oscar worthy movie role as the "acapella Packer in the back row, blocked by Clay Matthews' biceps" in Pitch Perfect 2.  Being Aaron Rodgers' Brother has certainly been a hardship for him, hasn't it? Pfffft. I think THAT is what has really turned me off on Jordan. He's using his brother AGAIN, but this time on a reality dating show, for sympathy and by playing victim of the brother's success. 

And yes, rumors that his Christian upbringing and homophobia by the family, led to the estrangement. I didn't address it because if it is true, who gives two shits if Aaron is gay? The NFL needs to catch up with modern times and stop treating the possibility that one of its biggest stars may be gay, as a Scarlet Letter. And the "roommate" in question, who posted butt hurt tweets after being fired by Aaron, is now married. To a female.  If they were trying to keep this in the closet, dragging a fairly successful actress like Olivia Munn, and the girl who married Lanflisi, into the mess, seems really overboard. 

I wonder how much poor Jordan "suffered" when Aaron beat an astronaut on Celebrity Jeopardy?  Yeah, he's also smarter than you. That's gotta sting. 

Ohhhhhh....Aaron might be gay? Interesting! The plot thickens!

Editing to add: Sad for Aaron if his family is unaccepting of who he is. That would be a terrible shame.

Edited by lightbeam
More to say...
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Jordan does some broadcasting work. Not sure why he alone is questioned about working. What does a former military vet do? How about former professional swimmer? Aspiring singer? The Bachelorette guys have always had dubious job titles. Who else can just take off their job for weeks and weeks. 

I heard an interview with a past Bachelor contestant (forgive me, I don't remember her name, other than that she's married to a past Bachelorette contestant, and maybe they have an HGTV show???) who said that the producers pick their job titles, not the contestants. She said she was working for a national sorority organization in a well paid, relatively high up role (like head of PR) and they gave her a title that dumbed her job down and career quite a bit.

(edited)

Regardless of who caused the estrangement, I thought it was classless of Jordan to air his family's dirty laundry on national television. JoJo asked him who she would meet on his hometown date, so all that he needed to tell her was "you'll meet my parents and oldest brother. My other brother has a very busy schedule and won't be able to be there." Even if Jordan and Aaron were on good terms, I doubt that a person of his caliber would make room in his schedule to appear on a trashy reality show.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 15

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the rumors that Jordan cheated on Brittany Farrar, who is Olivia Munn's friend and trainer.  I thought that was pretty close to being confirmed to be true, but I didn't know much of anything about Aaron Rodgers before this season.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, laschifosavita said:

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the rumors that Jordan cheated on Brittany Farrar, who is Olivia Munn's friend and trainer.  I thought that was pretty close to being confirmed to be true, but I didn't know much of anything about Aaron Rodgers before this season.

It was addressed a few episodes ago (in Uruguay, I think). JoJo told Jordan that she'd met his ex and that the ex said he hadn't been a good boyfriend. Jordan said that he'd never cheated, but he looked uncomfortable and changed the subject as soon as he could, so he was probably lying.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Regardless of who caused the estrangement, I thought it was classless of Jordan to air his family's dirty laundry on national television. JoJo asked him who she would meet on his hometown date, so all that he needed to tell her was "you'll meet my parents and oldest brother. My other brother has a very busy schedule and won't be able to be there." Even if Jordan and Aaron were on good terms, I doubt that a person of his caliber would make room in his schedule to appear on a trashy reality show.

If he'd done that, wouldn't everyone be saying that Jordan was pretending to be on good terms with his brother, even though they aren't speaking? Then more fame-whore accusations.

I have no idea whether Jordan's a good guy, but it doesn't seem like he can win on the Aaron Rodgers front.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

And he certainly wouldn't have had his Oscar worthy movie role as the "acapella Packer in the back row, blocked by Clay Matthews' biceps" in Pitch Perfect 2.

Ha, I had to look that clip up yesterday when it was mentioned here and could they have hidden him more? There's a teeny tiny shot of him in the beginning and then just big dudes and careful camera blocking. 

I heard an interview with a past Bachelor contestant (forgive me, I don't remember her name, other than that she's married to a past Bachelorette contestant, and maybe they have an HGTV show???) who said that the producers pick their job titles, not the contestants. She said she was working for a national sorority organization in a well paid, relatively high up role (like head of PR) and they gave her a title that dumbed her job down and career quite a bit.

I can totally see this. She was probably titled "former sorority girl" 

I think Luke has a nice, seemingly natural buff bod (side eye to the Chad), but I don't find him handsome, and I could not abide an entire season of his voiceovers, ITMs, and conversations with the ladies. I can't remember the last time a man's voice grated on my nerves so much.    

I think Luke is extremely handsome, but the voice gets to me too. The part that bugs me is that when he's speaking naturally, he's fine, but most of what we're seeing of him are these weird speech-y moments, even when he's just sitting on the couch with the guys. It seems like someone is feeding him conversation-starter lines and he delivers them utterly woodenly, which sounds extra awkward with a southern accent. 

Since most of the Bachelor stint would involve these goofy producer-fed speeches, I think he might be tough to take for an entire season. 

I'm so bored I now wonder how Caila would have been. 

IMO, she would have been worse. She was so plastic to me, there was no 'there' there. I don't think JoJo is a terrible lead, though I do find her constant makeout sessions a bit weird when it seems clear that she's not remotely interested in the guy.

• Love 1

Sounds like Peyton. I think she was on Andy Baldwin's season and she's now married to Chris who was Ali's runner-up. 

This is my first bachelor season ever. If this is boring, what were the other seasons like? Bi mean, I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat, but I'm enjoying it. It's more train wreck enjoyment than anything else  I don't get how she can kiss all those guys so close together, and totally Mack on a guy she's gonna dump in a few hours. 

Has she ever said she wants s kid?  She says over and over how at the end of this she wants to be engaged, does she see beyond that?  I have no doubt she is envisioning a big, huge wedding, but I don't think she is equating that with marriage in any sense of the word. I ask about the baby thing because of next weeks preview at Luke's visit. 

I wonder if the brother estrangement is like something with my nephew. All through high school he dated a "wonderful" girl. My sister and mom love her!  She broke up with him in college, but later wanted to get back together, but he was dating someone else. I have never heard my mom or sister say anything nice about the new one, and they've been dating 2 years!  When I visit and old girlfriend is at same place we are, I get asked if I want to go see her. "No. She dumped my nephew, don't care how wonderful she is, time to get to know the new girl."  Just last week my sister posted in Facebook (which her son will see) a letter she got from old girlfriend and about how wonderful she is and how much she loves her. The family have been so negative to new girl, the close relationship they had with nephew has eroded and he just doesn't like them very much anymore. Can't blame him. Anyway, long story to wonder if that is what's going on with Aaron and the Rodgers. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Just a random thought: have we heard any real conversations between JoJo and the contestants about a possible future together? Do we know any of their career or family-orientated aspirations? How many children they want to have? Where they might want to live, should relocation be required (I know Luke lives in Texas, but Texas is a huge state -- and Jordan is in California, so would JoJo be willing to leave her family and move there)? What they're looking for in a lifelong partner? What their fears, passions, and dreams are? Hobbies, favorite movies, favorite animals, favorite trips they've taken, fondest family memories? Where they see themselves in ten years? Anything?

Sure, we know that Jordan played football, Jordan likes football, and Jordan wants a career that revolves around talking about football. We know that Luke grew up on a farm, served in the army, and is now an aspiring musician. Chase does... sales or something. Robby used to swim and seems to enjoy male fashion and styling his own hair. But it all feels so superficial and surface level. I don't feel like I actually know anything important about anyone left on this show, and so it's impossible to care at all. I don't even know anything about JoJo, besides the fact that she likes dogs, doing her makeup, and has two protective older brothers. 

Edited by Koala
  • Love 5

I'm guessing it is something like that. Families are funny. I am very close to my two sisters, but they seem to get mad at me at least once a year and refuse to speak to me for months (most recent not speaking to me because I support gun control). I think Jordon handled it the best way he could; no matter what he said he would be condemned. I also think he has the same right to be on the show as any of the others. If he wouldn't be allowed on the show without his brother , why were Robby, Chase, James etc, etc allowed? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lightbeam said:

I know this is a bit off topic, but it's hard for my to imagine that Olivia Munn is such a horrendous person that she would force her boyfriend to chose her over his family. 

I don't find it hard to imagine that someone who appears to be nice isn't.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Koala said:

Just a random thought: have we heard any real conversations between JoJo and the contestants about a possible future together? Do we know any of their career or family-orientated aspirations? How many children they want to have? Where they might want to live, should relocation be required (I know Luke lives in Texas, but Texas is a huge state -- and Jordan is all the way in California, so would JoJo be willing to leave her family and move there)? What they're looking for in a lifelong partner? What their fears, passions, and dreams are? Hobbies, favorite movies, favorite animals, favorite trips they've taken, fondest family memories? Where they see themselves in ten years? Anything?

Sure, we know that Jordan played football, Jordan likes football, and Jordan wants a career that revolves around talking about football. We know that Luke grew up on a farm, served in the navy, and is now an aspiring musician. Chase does... sales or something. Robby used to swim and seems to enjoy male fashion and styling his own hair. But it all feels so superficial and surface level. I don't feel like I actually know anything important about anyone left on this show, and so it's impossible to care at all. I don't even know anything about JoJo, besides the fact that she likes dogs, doing her makeup, and has two protective older brothers. 

The idea of a proposal seems so ridiculous because JoJo has never carried a conversation that even hints at the reality of marriage (not just the flashy wedding gown and media attention surrounding the wedding, but the nitty-gritty importance of actually knowing your spouse). 

Hopefully hometowns forces these people to actually focus on life after The Bachelorette, as I'm sure family members will want to know a bit about what their loved ones are getting into!

I'm quite sure they have these conversations but they are edited out.

Luke went to Westpoint, that's Army.

I looked at the attached article about Olivia Munn and thought she looks a little like Caila. So, just speculating, what if Caila was the bachelorette and she and Jordan really liked each other, then Jordan shows up at hometowns with a woman who resembles Olivia?

Regarding the boring season, I don't know if it's so much the people that are boring as the show's formula is getting boring and no longer allows for seeing or learning anything interesting about the people on it. 

10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It was addressed a few episodes ago (in Uruguay, I think). JoJo told Jordan that she'd met his ex and that the ex said he hadn't been a good boyfriend. Jordan said that he'd never cheated, but he looked uncomfortable and changed the subject as soon as he could, so he was probably lying.

I meant that I'm surprised that it isn't getting brought up as a reason for the estrangement in this thread.  I'm more likely to believe the reason that everyone involved is indirectly confirming than a huge gay conspiracy.

• Love 1

I agree think it would make a lot of sense if Jordan and Aaron were estranged bc he cheated on Aaron's girlfriend's BFF! 

Regardless of who caused the estrangement, I thought it was classless of Jordan to air his family's dirty laundry on national television

Agree. He's a very well known celebrity in this country (If you don't know football you know Discount Double Check!) and it seems tacky to muddy up his name for some dumb spat you're currently in. Aaron is on Any Given Wednesday tonight on HBO and Bill Simmons loves the Bachelorette--I'm wondering if it will come up!

I have no idea who of this lot could possibly be the Bachelor. I love Luke but he's too stormy serious and Chase has the looks but I hate to say his personality is pretty blah. Robby=no. His teeth glow like Ross' on Friends:

CmogQmUW8AEtbA_.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think Luke is extremely handsome, but the voice gets to me too. The part that bugs me is that when he's speaking naturally, he's fine, but most of what we're seeing of him are these weird speech-y moments, even when he's just sitting on the couch with the guys. It seems like someone is feeding him conversation-starter lines and he delivers them utterly woodenly, which sounds extra awkward with a southern accent. 

His vocal fry is what annoys me, which seems to be his natural voice. I've read a few comments about Jojo's vocal fry, but his is MUCH worse. For me, at least. The speechy moments are part and parcel of the show, so it's not the structure.  I catch highlights of the show as it is (thanks, Hulu!), so a season centered on him would put me off entirely. eta: Thinking further, mute is always an option, heh. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1

Okay yeah, this season is BORING. JoJo seems like a nice enough person and I love that she loves dogs, but she is seriously dullsville. I kinda miss Kaitlyn now, even though I hated that lunkhead she chose at the end. 

I don't get Robby at all. He looks like an off-brand Ken doll. His hair seriously looks plastic. 

I'd date James T. I think he's sweet and cute and humble, and sometimes those guys are very attentive in the boudoir. You have one fan, James!

As a huge animal lover, I was a little uncomfortable with the laying down of the horse. I googled the practice and it looks to be fairly common, although somewhat controversial. Apparently it doesn't generally hurt the horse physically, but a lot of equine experts (hee) feel that it creates "tonic immobility," wherein the animal experiences temporary paralysis in response to external stimuli, often some sort of perceived threat. I don't think I'd want to witness it in person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Nowhere said:

No to all of your questions. i dont think he would have lasted more than two rose ceremonies if he was cast at all. His personality is seriously lacking.

For me, it's the hair. The hair bothers me a LOT. 

5 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

IMO, she would have been worse. She was so plastic to me, there was no 'there' there. I don't think JoJo is a terrible lead, though I do find her constant makeout sessions a bit weird when it seems clear that she's not remotely interested in the guy.

Caila isn't the smartest woman out there, sure, but for me her shining moment was when she was telling off Ben why the heck should she be vulnerable and be a sobbing mess to a guy she's just met and dated for a couple of times? And her telling Ben (although in a very roundabout manner), that isn't being a sobbing mess a turnoff for most, if not, all guys? I thought that was one of the more sensible things I've heard in a while in this show.

That, and Ben calling her a sex panther.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

This is my first bachelor season ever. If this is boring, what were the other seasons like? Bi mean, I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat, but I'm enjoying it. It's more train wreck enjoyment than anything else  I don't get how she can kiss all those guys so close together, and totally Mack on a guy she's gonna dump in a few hours. 

Yeah, that always bugged me.  It's not just this season, though.   Somehow, there's this belief that you kiss someone to FIND OUT if you like them.  So, you have a makeout session, and if you enjoy it, then there's a possibility for a relationship?  And then it's always weird when the lead says of the "winner" - I knew it was going to be you from the first day.   Really?  then why did you keep making out with everyone? 

I guess it's similar, though, to the thinking of the fantasy suite dates.   OK, Jojo, here's you final three.  Why don't you try each one out in the bedroom, to decide which one you want to allow to propose to you? A ridiculous notion, to me, that you'd spend a romantic evening and night with someone, only to decide, nah, I'll marry the other guy. 

I used to love this show , but the formula is just so .... Much of a formula .. Everything the contestants and the lead say just sound so ridiculous and phony and every single season if they don't tell the lead they're in love with them by the 3rd episode , the lead takes that as " they don't know how to open up " .. I'd much prefer this show if they let the people act natural and not have to always say the same things .. Come on , in real life it u tell a person you're in love with them on the third date , they would laugh in your face ... Acting natural and like yourself doesn't bore me , a rehearsed monologue does 

• Love 8

Caught up finally.

Daaanngg, Luke is hot. He isn't the prettiest nor the most articulate, but - ooh - he oozes raw masculinity. I agree with whoever said this was his Bachelor audition, and he aced it. He'd be the first Bachelor in a long time that I'd be excited to be watching, and a real departure from the pretty man-boys we've had the last few seasons. He could possibly even surpass Andy Firestone for me, and that's saying a lot. Did I mention Luke was hot? #TeamLuke. 

Jordan has the kind of face that you can imagine what he'd look like in 25 years. I still don't get his appeal, but JoJo does and I guess that's what matters.

If you wrote a software program to produce the perfect Bachelorette contestant (stay with me, wasn't there some Scarlett Johanson movie about an AI-generated perfect woman), you'd have Robby. (It would be too mean to say it's short for Robot... ) He has the perfect face, the perfect hair, the perfect body, and the perfect things to say. He's in it to win it and has thus far avoided having to show a real feeling, a real emotion, a real ANYTHING. Hometowns will be very interesting, I think, to see if he thaws out around family. The previews don't look great for him. 

I like Chase. He seems like a real person, processing what's going on in real-time without getting too caught up in the drama. He may lose out because he's not as effusive as the others after knowing a girl for a month - and the only one without an identifiable "thing" (Jordan is a former football player, Robby is a former swimmer, Luke is an Army vet) - but I vote him most dateable in real life. I'd be shocked if he didn't have his pick of women back home.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, violetr said:

Okay yeah, this season is BORING. JoJo seems like a nice enough person and I love that she loves dogs, but she is seriously dullsville. I kinda miss Kaitlyn now, even though I hated that lunkhead she chose at the end. 

I don't get Robby at all. He looks like an off-brand Ken doll. His hair seriously looks plastic. 

I'd date James T. I think he's sweet and cute and humble, and sometimes those guys are very attentive in the boudoir. You have one fan, James!

As a huge animal lover, I was a little uncomfortable with the laying down of the horse. I googled the practice and it looks to be fairly common, although somewhat controversial. Apparently it doesn't generally hurt the horse physically, but a lot of equine experts (hee) feel that it creates "tonic immobility," wherein the animal experiences temporary paralysis in response to external stimuli, often some sort of perceived threat. I don't think I'd want to witness it in person.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was very uncomfortable with that because I dimly remembered lying down on their sides like that isn't good for horses and that looked very bad on the back. I believe the "tonic immobility" criticism with temporary paralysis. I didn't like portraying it as harmless--even adorably affectionate--behavior if it really could have a bad effect--whether lasting or not--on the animal.

I think we're seeing one problem of this show that the editors can usually mask better--no one is really feeling it, including the lead. I mean, I think JoJo wants to choose Jordan because it would be a fun "celeb" thing and get her some publicity. And I think he's on board for that, too (the publicity). As far as any "connection" goes, though, I'm not seeing it. I think they're all dutifully playing their parts in the hope something better comes of it all (not "marriage", but some version of fame and fortune--even if its only a short write up in people magazine, a summer on BiP, and being pursued more aggressively socially.)

• Love 3

I appear to be alone here, but I still think Jojo is a decent Bachelorette. She's definitely a cut about Kaitlyn and Farmer Chris. They're not showing much of her personality, but she has one. I remember that from Ben's season. Perhaps Fleiss and Co are protecting her, because as someone mentioned above, it's clear they really like and respect her. Her main "issue" is that she has a very particular (and very boring) type. Must be very athletic and tall, must have decent earning potential, and must have very little personality. I think she likes being the one with the personality (I mean, look at her parents). Jordan is probably going to win because of his last name but I actually think even he is too dynamic for her. Chase and Luke's hyper-flat affects seem more her style. She seems very impressed and nervous around Jordan, but I actually think she's more attracted to and comfortable with Luke. I think if Chase bothered to try at all, he'd be the frontrunner. Because she's both very attracted to and comfortable with him, but also seems a little nervous.

The only thing that could throw off Jordan's roll toward F1 is exactly how this family drama plays out (on or off camera). Superficially, I'm sure Jojo saw herself palling around in glittery sports and Hollywood circles via Aaron and his girlfriend. But it's also a red flag, in a more ordinary way, that a guy would be estranged from and comfortable trashing on national tv a brother who's supported him extensively in the past. There just doesn't appear to be an acceptable reason for it. I'm not someone who reflexively says "Family is family." There are definitely very good reasons to cut off family members. In Jordan's case though, if it's over Olivia Munn or just some general "he thinks he's too good for us now" pettiness, I do think that could make a reasonable woman think twice. And as others have mentioned, for many folks (myself included) if it's about Aaron's sexual orientation, that's an automatic dealbreaker. For what it's worth, I think the rumors about Aaron Rodgers are probably true. There has been talk about Aaron having relationships with men since college, which is exactly why he dropped down in the draft to the point he had to be the Packers backup, despite his obvious talent. Rumors have persisted since. Kevin wasn't even Aaron's first long-term male roommate. With this sort of thing, as a gossip veteran, I find where there's smoke there's fire. On the other hand, though, I don't necessarily discredit his relationships with Olivia Munn or Destiny Newton. He also could be bi.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DriveInSaturday said:

Rumors have persisted since. Kevin wasn't even Aaron's first long-term male roommate. With this sort of thing, as a gossip veteran, I find where there's smoke there's fire. On the other hand, though, I don't necessarily discredit his relationships with Olivia Munn or Destiny Newton. He also could be bi.

Once again, if having a same sex roommate means a person is gay, then almost every college student, young adult living in a big city, and every single person on a sitcom or TV show is gay. It makes no sense to me to say Rodgers dropped down in the Packers roster because he is secretly gay, given his career trajectory and his obvious value to the Packers organization. Rodgers initially came onboard in the shadow of Brett Favre, and without a huge track record of success. I am hugely against this idea of outing people just for gossip sake. If Rodgers says he is straight and has relationships with women, I believe he is straight. I do agree the NFL has a long way to go in acceptance of gay people, but Rodgers has not and is not being discriminated against by Green Bay for any type of gay rumors.

I also don't feel it's right to slander the entire Rodgers' family and insist they are homophobes, when we know nothing of the sort. And finally, the long tradition of saying a football player must be gay or a "Nancy' because they are in a rival team must stop. Someone's sexuality is their own business, and one type of sexuality is no more valuable than the other. 

in terms of Jordan, I think he is good looking and seems like a cool guy. Is he any more or less vapid than Robby, Chase or Luke? No, they all seem similar to me. Maybe the reason they are kind of similar, is that JoJo is attracted to that type of guy. We all have a type. And the truth is, a quiet nerd who doesn't talk and wants to read books all day will never make it on this type of show. 

• Love 9

I wonder if the brother estrangement is like something with my nephew. All through high school he dated a "wonderful" girl. My sister and mom love her!  She broke up with him in college, but later wanted to get back together, but he was dating someone else. I have never heard my mom or sister say anything nice about the new one, and they've been dating 2 years!  When I visit and old girlfriend is at same place we are, I get asked if I want to go see her. "No. She dumped my nephew, don't care how wonderful she is, time to get to know the new girl."  Just last week my sister posted in Facebook (which her son will see) a letter she got from old girlfriend and about how wonderful she is and how much she loves her. The family have been so negative to new girl, the close relationship they had with nephew has eroded and he just doesn't like them very much anymore. Can't blame him. Anyway, long story to wonder if that is what's going on with Aaron and the Rodgers. 

Are we related lol?  Same here with my nephew!  Ex is always over at my brother's house, she is BFF with my sister in law and my brother's daughter.  So strange. 

Just NO to Robby.  Between ending his name with a y (Robby instead of an adult sounding Rob) and his perfectly manscaped artfully shaded beard, I just can't.  Seriously, that beard is distracting. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh....and....I have been a horse person all my 40 plus years.  Some trainers, usually a cowboy or that type, will lay down a dominant horse to teach who is really the boss.  I actually had one do that to an impossible gelding I once had.  It does work. 

A lot of trick trainers teach horses to lie down as part of the routine.  Horses do lay down naturally, and my mare, while rolling, will pause while on her back.  It doesn't hurt them (believe me, if it did they would be GONE in a hot second, no stopping a 1000 lb flight-instinct animal if in pain).   It was a trick.  Probably not do comfortable with tack on, but a relatively harmless trick. ?

ETA lay/lie oh well. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 2

I don't really care why or if the Rodgers family isn't perfectly happy. I especially don't care about people's sexual orientation and can't believe "rumors" are even a thing in this day and age.

I like Jo and I don't think she's connected with anyone but at least she is having fun. Her final four are probably most like the alpha-ish guys who come on to her in real life so she's comfortable with them. The beta guys in real life probably feel she's out of their leaugue, like many did on this show. It was interesting on Ben's show that unlike in real life, she and some of the other alpha-ish girls had to compete for him (she mentioned this during the pig date last season), which resulted feelings she might not have had for him otherwise. Not sure if a guy ever broke up with her before Ben, so those feelings seemed real too. Her sadness at letting some of this season's guys go seems because she didn't want to hurt their feelings, not because she might have felt something romantic.

This season? Maybe someone in the final four cares, but it seems to me more like she (or being the next Bachelor) is the grand prize, but they all seem to know she and her F1 are not going to be the loves of their lives. 

I'm okay with that--much more fun for me to see this show as being about human nature and group dynamics and not as the manipulated love story the editing monkeys think they are giving us.

• Love 4

I love your last paragraph makesmelaugh! I too watch the show because I like watching the group dynamics and seeing who does and doesn't click with the lead. And it never bothers me if a couple of 25 year old have fun for awhile and then break up-it's all part of life. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Once again, if having a same sex roommate means a person is gay, then almost every college student, young adult living in a big city, and every single person on a sitcom or TV show is gay.

In college almost all students have roommates whether they like it or not, and young adults in big cities typically have roommates because they can't afford to live alone.  I have a feeling Aaron isn't hurting financially.  Is he gay?  I don't know, nor do I care.  Was it odd for him to have a roommate?  I would say yes, but it's certainly possible the roommate was having financial problems & he was helping a friend out until they had whatever falling out they seemed to have.  Maybe that's Olivia Munn's fault too ;-)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Just to be clear, I am not saying I believe Aaron Rodgers is gay. However, the situation with Kevin wasn't simply a matter of he had a male roommate because plenty of football and basketball stars, when they're still single, unmarried, live with the friends that have been around since high school or college. The thing that made some people's eyebrows raise if you will, was first the fact that Aaron didn't know Kevin until he met him while Kevin interned for the Packers as some coordinator or something. People couldn't understand how he even got close enough to the players to become friends with Aaron, since typically these interns never truly get to mingle with the players, at least the star players.

Then they didn't just become friends but instead suddenly they were attached at the hip. Aaron made Kevin his assistant and they were living together. When the Packers won the SuperBowl some years ago, one of the first people on the field to hug Aaron, was Kevin. During that time, Aaron was supposedly with some woman but he attended most events with Kevin. And then suddenly, Kevin was out of his life and the friendship ended. Now hey, maybe the guy was stealing from him and he found out. That's usually a common story for famous people. But just saying it was more than he had a male roommate that made people suspicious. 

• Love 3

Some people just like having a roommate, someone to hang around with and watch tv, or go out with to eat. They don't have to be in a "physical" relationship. Two people CAN just be friends, and more people than not don't like being alone. Does Luke ever smile? Jojo's face when Jordan explained he and Aaron aren't "close" was as near to a black look as I've ever seen. Disappointed much, Jojo? And if he and Aaron were not close before, they are at opposite ends of the universe after this season ends!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DriveInSaturday said:

For what it's worth, I think the rumors about Aaron Rodgers are probably true. There has been talk about Aaron having relationships with men since college, which is exactly why he dropped down in the draft to the point he had to be the Packers backup, despite his obvious talent. Rumors have persisted since. Kevin wasn't even Aaron's first long-term male roommate. With this sort of thing, as a gossip veteran, I find where there's smoke there's fire. On the other hand, though, I don't necessarily discredit his relationships with Olivia Munn or Destiny Newton. He also could be bi.

Wow. That's the first time I've heard of it. The general consensus on why he dropped was because the 49ers went with Alex Smith instead and all teams drafting after them didn't need a quarterback. No quarterback was drafted between the #1 pick (Smith) and until Rodgers went at #24. The main knock on  him was that he was a "system quarterback" and those usually don't translate well to the NFL. Never heard of his sexuality being a factor during the draft.

It will be fun to see the Rodgers family dynamics next Monday, especially as there's this huge white elephant in the room that I'm sure will come up during Meet the Parents.

I agree with someone above who mentioned the Rodgers family drama is actually a lot more interesting than whatever is happening on the B'ette. Poor Jojo is getting overshadowed by someone who is not even on the show.

• Love 4

The Bachelorette has the only men in the planet who are so excited to meet a girl to their family AND get engaged after only a couple of dates. I mean, where can I find these men?

It's obvious Jojo will keep Luke for the hot sex, Robby so not to be called shallow and in the end she will choose the athletic bad guy who will break her heart sooner or later.

Such a boring season. I kinda miss Juan Pablo.

• Love 5

Jojo, walking into the room on the group date: You guys talking about me?

Luke: I think it helped a lot with human psychology too because you kind of learn to be perceptive.
Jojo: Can you read me?

Alex: I can rap anything. Give me something to rap.
Jojo: Jojo.

If you pay attention, you can see that what Jojo really likes to talk about is Jojo.

And... that's about all I've got on this episode. Except maybe that Robby, despite having atrocious hair and seeming like sort of a slimeball from media coverage about his ex, can stick around a little longer if he's going to walk around in Calvin Klein boxers every episode.

• Love 6

In case you're curious, that thing with prongs someone was using on Jo Jo's head is a Tingler head/scalp massager and it is unbelievable.  It's best if you have someone else use it on you, but it's pretty darn good when self-administered.  I highly recommend it.

• Love 2
On 7/11/2016 at 9:39 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

Weird part: Jordan's ex is now friends and fitness trains with Aaron's girlfriend on social media. Jordan, the oldest brother, and oldest brother's GF, are all social media pals with Aaron's ex-fiancée (sister of former Bachelor contestant Shawntel). It's all a little high schoolish.  

This paragraph is hilarious.

I thought JoJo would be a fun bachelorette to watch because she spoke about her feelings pretty well, but this episode put me to sleep mid-way. Just finished watching it.

What on earth was JoJo wearing on her date with Luke? Plaid shirt split up the sides secured with safety pins. Yeech.

I like Luke the best of the guys but he would be a very boring Bachelor. Plus I don't see Fleiss & Co in any way, elegantly or not, adding his singing career back into the personality they've created for him. Since they've completely ignored it in favor of making James the singer on the show. 

8 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Wow. That's the first time I've heard of it. The general consensus on why he dropped was because the 49ers went with Alex Smith instead and all teams drafting after them didn't need a quarterback. No quarterback was drafted between the #1 pick (Smith) and until Rodgers went at #24. The main knock on  him was that he was a "system quarterback" and those usually don't translate well to the NFL. Never heard of his sexuality being a factor during the draft.

Ditto.  I had never heard that either. I'd heard the gay rumors, as a Packers fan, but not related to the draft.  I'm skeptical of that one because the official reasons he fell make more sense. He came from a good team whose system (coach) had produced NFL QBs who didn't do well once they got there. He held the ball too high. And I know some teams, the 49ers specifically, felt that he was too cocky and that's why Alex Smith jumped ahead. 

And their worries weren't completely unfounded.  Aaron was bad in his first year.  His second year, he got a new head coach whose strength was coaching QBs.  Aaron changed how he held/threw the ball.  He started to make improvements and was ready to start after the third season. He has a good work ethic but if that coaching change hadn't happened...who knows?

It will be fun to see the Rodgers family dynamics next Monday, especially as there's this huge white elephant in the room that I'm sure will come up during Meet the Parents.

Very much so.  Off season is my off season so all this estrangement stuff is new to me.  I was surprised Jordan was doing this because I figured his brother would hate it.  Aaron's a little more open with Olivia but not Bachelorette level open.  As for who is at fault, it could be both sides.  Aaron has done some very cool things (like shutting down a fan shouting an anti-Muslim slur during a moment of silence), and he's very smart/introspective.   At the same time, it's easy to get the sense that he's pretty deadset on being right and if you disagree, you're just wrong.

On the other hand, as Aaron's star has risen with the Superbowl/MVPs, I've become more aware of his brothers, his brothers' business and the fact that it seemed more and more like they were in the business of being Aaron's brother.  There's Jordan who, let's face it, is in broadcasting because of nepotism.  He's likely on this show because of it.  And the older brother, named Luke (so this thread throws me every time the bachelor Luke is discussed), who started selling some sort of t-shirts.   You can help your family but you can also draw the lines somewhere. And this could be true of either side.

• Love 4
(edited)

Aaron and Olivia both looked smokin' hot at the Espy awards and seemed in great spirits.  They certainly don't seem to be suffering from the estrangement.  I imagine fame and gigantic piles of money can certainly help dull the pain.  ;-)

No sympathy for Jordan being compared to Aaron.  When you have 2 older siblings and follow them into a sport, if you are not the best one, you're going to be evaluated next to them anyway.  Luke bailed, went into the sports apparel biz and found an ex-beauty queen and "actress" to date.  Jordan is just trying to compete, when he should have given it up long ago.  But I don't think he's very bright.  

And I guarantee this fall, there are going to be more women watching Green Bay games to see more of Aaron & try & catch glimpses of Olivia.  I think this show is actually going to increase Aaron's popularity without him even being on it!  

Edited by leighdear
19 hours ago, jade.black said:

Jojo, walking into the room on the group date: You guys talking about me?

Luke: I think it helped a lot with human psychology too because you kind of learn to be perceptive.
Jojo: Can you read me?

Alex: I can rap anything. Give me something to rap.
Jojo: Jojo.

If you pay attention, you can see that what Jojo really likes to talk about is Jojo.

Yep - pretty much.   The "contest"  seems to be about Jojo asking each guy to tell her how wonderful she is (similar to that group date fake-proposal thing from earlier in the season)  and then she gets to eliminate them, one by one, until one guy "wins".   But there are no real relationships building, at least that we see. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Aaron and Olivia both looked smokin' hot at the Espy awards and seemed in great spirits.  They certainly don't seem to be suffering from the estrangement.  I imagine fame and gigantic piles of money can certainly help dull the pain.  ;-)

No sympathy for Jordan being compared to Aaron.  When you have 2 older siblings and follow them into a sport, if you are not the best one, you're going to be evaluated next to them anyway.  Luke bailed, went into the sports apparel biz and found an ex-beauty queen and "actress" to date.  Jordan is just trying to compete, when he should have given it up long ago.  But I don't think he's very bright.  

And I guarantee this fall, there are going to be more women watching Green Bay games to see more of Aaron & try & catch glimpses of Olivia.  I think this show is actually going to increase Aaron's popularity without him even being on it!  

Not me - I'm a Vikings fan, so I'll only be watching two GB games!

I'm not a football fan, never have been.  And this stupid show sure in heck isn't going to change that!  I didn't know who Aaron Rodgers was until reading about Jordan being on The Bachelorette.  I don't care if he's gay or not, don't care who he is dating.  I can't even say I know who Olivia what's-her-name is either - and I've been resisting doing a google search!  But I am looking forward to the awkwardness that is bound to happen on Jordan's hometown date.

I must live under a rock.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I must live under a rock.

It's a rather large rock, I live there too.   It's populated largely by people who believe that activities causing traumatic brain injuries in young men should not be seen as entertainment.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just a quick note:

I doubt that the Rodgers family is deeply religious. Being Christian means nothing these days.  Plenty of "Christians" live exactly the same way as atheists other than they believe in God.  If the Rodgers family were truly religious, then there is no way Jordan would be on this show. What Christian family would approve of their son sharing one woman with multiple men?  Furthermore, now that their son has reached the fantasy suite date he will be expected to have premarital sex.  I doubt JoJo would keep around any contestant who refuses to put out in the fantasy suite...I also doubt that Jordan is an innocent virgin in the first place.

The estrangement may very well be something simple such as: they don't like Olivia Munn for some reason.  Maybe they feel she is taking advantage of Aaron.  Maybe she said or did something very offensive.  Or maybe they just don't like her because of a personality clash and she has done nothing wrong.  Either Aaron's family or Olivia (or both) demanded that Aaron pick, and he chose Olivia.  

Anyway, back to the episode.  I sure hope JoJo is not truly expecting to find the love of her life from this show and is not as naive as she appears.  Hopefully, she can spot Jordan's BS. Jordan's story about not choosing to play in the NFL because he's close to his family is a bunch of BS.  You can certainly be close to your family while working as a professional athlete.  There are these neat devices called "phones," "computers," "cars" and "airplanes" that can be used to stay connected.  I'm close to my family and I live thousands of miles away from them.  I simply call them and occasionally fly out to see them. It isn't difficult at all. The truth is that Jordan wasn't good enough to play in the NFL and refuses to admit the truth.  Personally, if I were him, I would've chosen to play a different sport than my siblings so that I wouldn't be compared to them.  I have no idea why he stuck with football all these years if he had to endure the painful experience of living in his brother's shadow.  

Edited by PhysNerd
  • Love 3
On 13/07/2016 at 5:39 PM, Koala said:

we know that Jordan played football, Jordan likes football, and Jordan wants a career that revolves around talking about football.

Ah, yes, but also, don't forget that football doesn't define him!

On 13/07/2016 at 9:58 PM, violetr said:

As a huge animal lover, I was a little uncomfortable with the laying down of the horse.

That was the most awkward thing ever, and possibly quite dangerous too? Alex's crotch was only three inches away from the horse's teeth at some point...

Do you guys think Jojo spent the night with Robby after she sent Chase and James away? After she'd made him strip down to his undies, I wondered if that was why she had given him the group date rose...

• Love 1