Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Week 6

• Start Topic

JoJo and the men visit the Argentinean countryside, where the first date gets off to a rocky start.  Later, a private jet whisks JoJo and one lucky guy away to a private vineyard.  During dinner, the bachelor makes a shocking admission.  A date with three suitors gets rained out, so JoJo spends the day with them ordering room service, pillow fighting and watching the Brazilian version of "The Bachelor."  A one-on-one date allows one man to show off his horse-riding skills.

Alex bitches about everything and pronounces every letter in the word "wheat." This counts as a 1:1 date? It's like the popular girl needs a ride to the party and asks the dweeb to drive her. He's over the moon about their big date, but as soon as they arrive she thanks him for the ride and ditches him for the football captain.

OMG. Dying over that rap! Alex needs a stepstool to get in the sidecar. That was even better than the Right Reasons Rap.

Oh, they actually are stopping someplace for a date. "You are a cute little gaucho!" Aw, get out the stepstool to get on the horse. That gaucho and the horse are getting to more bases than Alex will with JoJo.

JoJo's face is the LEAST receptive to an ILY that I've ever seen on this franchise. Second only to Allie's reaction to Kasey's "guard and protect your heart" tattoo. Alex apparently has no ability to read a reaction whatsoever. Adios, muchacho! 

Ew. Is wine actually still made by stomping grapes with feet?! I will be avoiding the Argentine wine aisle of the liquor store. Oh no they didn't just drink the grape juice! Is this Jublia (toe fungus medicine) product placement? I thought they were only a sponsor of Bachelor in Paradise? Jublia cleared up my toenail fungus, and now I can make wine again! (Cut to a scene of unsuspecting middle- to senior-aged people laughing and drinking wine poured by the Jublia spokesperson.)

Wait, so everyone is making such a big deal that Jordan's brother is some famous football player but Jordan doesn't even TALK to him, to the extent that word wouldn't have at least gotten to Aaron that Jordan is doing this show? But, no matter, JoJo gets another ILY and this time has the biggest googoo eyes ever on this franchise. This woman does not have a poker face.

James Taylor, girls are not impressed with shoving French fries in your mouth beyond, oh, fourth grade, maybe? Probably earlier than that now that kids have the Internet--it would take a lot more to impress them nowadays. Robby's mamaw will see him almost naked, but that's okay because we get to see him, too. There's a Brazilian Chris Harrison?!? James has his arms across everyone to cuddle with the guys, too.

Robby is speaking like a robot while talking about his ex. I suppose he's choosing his words wisely, but it sounds like he's in a hostage situation and every sixth word is a secret code to his location. But all I can think of is Chad's Instagram post making out with Robby's ex. Ha! Well, James Taylor, I guess Robby IS a front runner.

This date was made for Texan cowboy Luke. Actually, since they don't have a dinner and the rose ceremony is that night, I presume the gaucho date was supposed to be Luke's. But JoJo wanted to give Alex a date before sending him home, as he begged for one, so they were able to pull together another last-minute horse date for Luke, since they're staying at a polo resort.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again. Except not really. Surprised you made it this far, James Taylor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

After watching the gaucho date, I now know why the Cartwright boys on "Bonanza" never took wives. LOL 

The Alex and JoJo date was the absolute best date I've seen on this franchise.  First, the lllooonnnggg car ride through the country, where Alex took up about 75% of the back seat of the car, but couldn't think of a single thing to say to the woman he professes to love.  Then, Alex got dressed up as a French movie director.  Then, we got to see network television's first depiction of man/horse love!  That was about the funniest thing I've ever seen, mainly because it just came out of nowhere.  Suddenly, the horse is on his back, the gaucho is straddling him, placing his hooves up on his shoulders, and sharing a tender kiss!  Was that a cigarette I saw in the horse's mouth afterwards? 

If that wasn't enough for one date, we then got to see Alex profess his love to a women he'd barely even talked to, and boy did she shoot him down fast.  When Alex got in the truck to go home, was I the only person who flashed to Sean Astin returning to the Shire at the end of "LOTR: Return of the King"?

• Love 21

Boy, do these guys love to whine. They whined about the bus AND the food. Nobody is one bit thankful that they're touring a beautiful country FOR FREE. Fuck these whiney little bitches.

So this chick decides to keep both guys at the rose ceremony last week just so she could dump him on his one one date when no rose was involved. That's just cruel. Why the hell did she keep him last week?

Im sick of seeing her pretend she's upset. James Taylor was the only sincere one and I'm glad she let him go. He's too good for her.

• Love 9

What was up with JJ"s fake eyelashes tonight?!?  They were not put on very well. If I could tell they were fake, then it's a terrible job.

Poor Alex, he thinks its going great, and she totally kicks him to the curb.  Loved him shutting down compeletly though, kind of chuckled.  Tonight is the first time I thought that Jordan might actually really like JJ.

Agree that the first horse date was supposed to be for Luke. If she had kicked Alex off like she was supposed to last time. tonight would have been: Luke horse date, Jordan wine date, and then the three guy date like it was.

Sigh, I think I"m in love with Luke. I'll go to his farm anytime!

• Love 3
(edited)

Those tight tight jeans of Lukes were horrible. Seemed like he could barely move in them, and dare I say they had an "emasculating" effect? Edited to add: By emasculating, I mean they made him look way less manly, which is a crime.

Can't figure out if Luke isn't into PDAs in front of a camera (understandable, if so) or if he's just not a super demonstrative person.

When JoJo walked James out, at first I thought her parting words were very sweet. But as they just kept going on and on, I burst out laughing, it became so ridiculous.

Edited by adhoc
I had to finish my thought.
  • Love 3

I think I cracked the code.

"conversation" = make out session.

After our " conversation, " I felt that she was feeling the same way I was.

Did you guys have good "conversations" with her?

I really enjoyed our "conversation".

It all makes sense now.

• Love 7

So we had to sit through 2 hours of rerun last week, and 2 hours of absolutely nothing this week, just to get where we should have ended up had JoJo ended the last Rose Ceremony the way she obviously should have, by refusing to hand out the last rose to either Alex or James and sending them both home?

Fuck you, Fleiss.  Fuck you.  I hope you caught Zika in South America.

Although, this 2-hour snooze-fest might have been worth it just to watch the wheels in JoJo's empty head turn: "you mean I'm not going to hang out with Oliva Munn?".  Jordan was saying, "but, you know, I'm okay with it", and JoJo's look said "Well I'M NOT OKAY WITH IT!".

And I loved how JoJo acted like she was doing lil' Alex a favor by sending him home at the end of the 1-on-1 date.  That might've been true . . . had she not just told him outright that she sees no remote possibility of their ever being together.  Frankly, the fact that he didn't get up as soon as she said that and leave shows that he's a bigger simp than he previously appeared.

Finally, on a programming note, have they ever had rose-free 1-on-1 dates before?  Did that happen with duck-lips and I'm just blocking it out? Did they somehow get off-schedule here?  Because by all rights they should've come into this week with 5 guys left.  That would've meant a full two hours just to cut one guy?  As it is, the show seemed unbearably long with her cutting two guys.

• Love 13

On the bright side, this episode gave me plenty of time to flip the channel and catch some of the performances on So You Think You Can Dance. Ruby was terrific!

8 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

So we had to sit through 2 hours of rerun last week, and 2 hours of absolutely nothing this week, just to get where we should have ended up had JoJo ended the last Rose Ceremony the way she obviously should have, by refusing to hand out the last rose to either Alex or James and sending them both home?

Fuck you, Fleiss.  Fuck you.  I hope you caught Zika in South America.

Although, this 2-hour snooze-fest might have been worth it just to watch the wheels in JoJo's empty head turn: "you mean I'm not going to hang out with Oliva Munn?".  Jordan was saying, "but, you know, I'm okay with it", and JoJo's look said "Well I'M NOT OKAY WITH IT!".

And I loved how JoJo acted like she was doing lil' Alex a favor by sending him home at the end of the 1-on-1 date.  That might've been true . . . had she not just told him outright that she sees no remote possibility of their ever being together.  Frankly, the fact that he didn't get up as soon as she said that and leave shows that he's a bigger simp than he previously appeared.

Finally, on a programming note, have they ever had rose-free 1-on-1 dates before?  Did that happen with duck-lips and I'm just blocking it out? Did they somehow get off-schedule here?  Because by all rights they should've come into this week with 5 guys left.  That would've meant a full two hours just to cut one guy?  As it is, the show seemed unbearably long with her cutting two guys.

They did a rose free one on one tonight so that they could blindside us when she sent Alex home. I, for one, was on the edge of my seat and then completely taken by surprise. Not.

They're really trying hard to make this season and JoJo interesting. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Although, this 2-hour snooze-fest might have been worth it just to watch the wheels in JoJo's empty head turn: "you mean I'm not going to hang out with Oliva Munn?".

Yes! I thought the exact same thing. I think Jojo was definitely picturing her life with Jordan post-show as involving luxury boxes at football games and being at wonderful parties with Olivia and her actress friends where people would take pictures of her, and she looked taken aback to discover that Jordan actually has no relationship with his famous brother. And, perhaps even more than that, to realize Aaron doesn't even know Jordan's on the show, meaning Aaron might not even know who Jojo is! Oh no! I wonder if this will take some of the sparkly sheen off Jordan and let her realize he's a bit oily. I definitely think the famous brother was part of his overall appeal to her. Also, Jordan's story of why he stopped playing football dinged the Josh Murray bell again--"Well I COULD have kept playing; I just chose not to." I would guess, much like with Josh, that it isn't the whole truth. Shame; one of the few things I respected Jordan for was seeming to admit that he didn't have enough talent as a professional athlete to really make a go of it.

Her body language during the date with Alex was so uncomfortable, and he was so tone deaf to it. She was practically squished up against the window of that car, as far from him as possible, and looking anywhere else, and he just moved right on in and practically tried to sit in her lap. Her face during his attempts at conversation looked like she was suffering through it. Alex and James both knew that the fact that she couldn't pick between them last week likely meant it was neither of them, but Alex seemed to allow himself to think that the one-on-one date would change his fortunes and James seemed to think there was a chance she could send Chase home instead. 

James might be nice and genuine, but he strikes me as quite immature. I don't think he was ready for a relationship with Jojo, and I think he might need to gain more confidence before he's ready for a relationship with anyone. Jojo clearly prefers the alpha male type, and James at times resembled a deer in headlights. 

I still think Luke would be by far the best choice for her. It might not be her happily ever after, but I think she'd have a much better shot at a relationship that lasted past the contract-mandated time than with any of the other remaining men. Chase might be my second choice in terms of people who seem remotely genuine and like they'd be good boyfriends, but I am so bothered by his flat affect. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

Yes! I thought the exact same thing. I think Jojo was definitely picturing her life with Jordan post-show as involving luxury boxes at football games and being at wonderful parties with Olivia and her actress friends where people would take pictures of her, and she looked taken aback to discover that Jordan actually has no relationship with his famous brother. And, perhaps even more than that, to realize Aaron doesn't even know Jordan's on the show, meaning Aaron might not even know who Jojo is! Oh no! I wonder if this will take some of the sparkly sheen off Jordan and let her realize he's a bit oily. I definitely think the famous brother was part of his overall appeal to her. Also, Jordan's story of why he stopped playing football dinged the Josh Murray bell again--"Well I COULD have kept playing; I just chose not to." I would guess, much like with Josh, that it isn't the whole truth. Shame; one of the few things I respected Jordan for was seeming to admit that he didn't have enough talent as a professional athlete to really make a go of it.

Her body language during the date with Alex was so uncomfortable, and he was so tone deaf to it. She was practically squished up against the window of that car, as far from him as possible, and looking anywhere else, and he just moved right on in and practically tried to sit in her lap. Her face during his attempts at conversation looked like she was suffering through it. Alex and James both knew that the fact that she couldn't pick between them last week likely meant it was neither of them, but Alex seemed to allow himself to think that the one-on-one date would change his fortunes and James seemed to think there was a chance she could send Chase home instead. 

James might be nice and genuine, but he strikes me as quite immature. I don't think he was ready for a relationship with Jojo, and I think he might need to gain more confidence before he's ready for a relationship with anyone. Jojo clearly prefers the alpha male type, and James at times resembled a deer in headlights. 

I still think Luke would be by far the best choice for her. It might not be her happily ever after, but I think she'd have a much better shot at a relationship that lasted past the contract-mandated time than with any of the other remaining men. Chase might be my second choice in terms of people who seem remotely genuine and like they'd be good boyfriends, but I am so bothered by his flat affect. 

I mentioned awhile back that she probably just wanted to be part of the Aaron Rogers family and somebody shot me down saying he doesn't even talk to him so that couldn't possibly be her motivation. *rolls eyes* 

I'm sure she'll pick Jordan anyway thinking the brothers will probably reconcile.

I know she has only kept Jordan because of his family and career as a pro-athlete. He still made bank sitting on the bench. Take that all away from him and he's just another metro-sexual idiot who looks like a fraggle. He would have been gone within the first couple of weeks.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Do we know whether Jordan is actually estranged from Aaron Rodgers, or whether it was that Aaron, his agent, and/or the NFL refused to participate with the show?

I imagine Jordan can't be that estranged from Aaron, considering the guy got to spend a few weeks filming that Pitch Perfect cameo with Clay Matthews and Aaron's O-Line. Which is why I play the world's smallest violin whenever Jordan whines about "not having a relationship" with his brother. 

• Love 2

I think it would have been funny if Jordan said absolutely nothing about Aaron, as if he wasn't even in the family, so that we could watch her try to discreetly fish for information and then cry out of frustration. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Curio said:

I imagine Jordan can't be that estranged from Aaron, considering the guy got to spend a few weeks filming that Pitch Perfect cameo with Clay Matthews and Aaron's O-Line. Which is why I play the world's smallest violin whenever Jordan whines about "not having a relationship" with his brother. 

I would kind of love it if it was the NFL that said Aaron Rodgers couldn't appear on the show, thus proving that The Bachelor franchise poses a greater risk than Chronic Traumatic Encephalopthy.  

• Love 5

The more I watch this show, the more I realize I shouldn't be watching this show. That said, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to watch one man have sex with a horse and two other men try to make out with JoJo while their mouths were full of food.

• Love 4
(edited)

The estrangement has only been about a year long. They used to be close. Local legend goes that the Rodgers family doesn't like Aaron's controlling actress GF and last Thanksgiving game was the last time they were all seen at Lambeau. Since then, cryptic tweets from the older brother about "family loyalty," and passive aggressive digs toward Aaron. I guess it was okay when the famous brother was using his connections and cash to build mom and dad a house, or support his brothers, or use his friendship with Jay Cutler to get Hair Boy into Vandy, but when they don't like "the way he chooses to do life..." Buh bye. We hitched to your fame train long enough to get on crappy reality shows. We're good now. Aaron has been quiet about it. He won't say a word. He's very private. 

That whole embarrassing Pitch Perfect 2 fiasco was basically Jordan pretending to be Aaron. They were billed as the "Green Bay Packers" in the movie (as a fan, that hurts me to type), yet the only one of them who wasn't actually a member of the team in real life, was Jordan. He was pretending to be. "Hey...do you think we can fool tweens enough by putting Aaron Rodgers' younger brother in back, and people will think it's actually him? They look a little alike..." Except Aaron's better looking, and doesn't wear embarrassingly skinny pants, or have that hair flip falling down into his face. He also doesn't use family drama to entertain the masses. But, I digress...

Weird part: Jordan's ex is now friends and fitness trains with Aaron's girlfriend on social media. Jordan, the oldest brother, and oldest brother's GF, are all social media pals with Aaron's ex-fiancée (sister of former Bachelor contestant Shawntel). It's all a little high schoolish.  

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

The more I watch this show, the more I realize I shouldn't be watching this show. That said, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to watch one man have sex with a horse and two other men try to make out with JoJo while their mouths were full of food.

yeah you're right. JoJo does look a little bit like a horse. But there will be three men sexing said horse in the fantasy suite. Luckily, we don't have to literally watch--oh...wait. Ohhh! You meant the gray and white equine in today's episode! Sorry. Carry on.

JoJo is pretty. She wears clothes well.

Other than that? I've got nothing. She has got to be one of the worst conversationalists the show's ever had. (Luke broke a horse at, did he say 12? JoJo: What does that mean? (hears answer.) Changes subject to something more about her. As usual. 

Luke seemed more attractive tonight than other times, but it's not hard to see JoJo imagining herself in a "glamorous" life with Jordan/Aaron than down on the farm with Luke.

That said, I think this would be Luke's audition for Bachelor if she doesn't choose him, as I think she won't. I think she has delusions of grandeur and thinks that means Jordan (for now. Post show, I'll bet she'll hook up with some minor celebrity, like some of the past "stars" have done--Bob Guiney, e.g.)

I wander in and out of the room but will go to channel surfing next week. She's a bore and there's no love story here, not even a fake one..

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

yeah you're right. JoJo does look a little bit like a horse

I think Jojo's quite pretty - but there's not much substance there.   If anyone has a long horse-face, it's Jordan. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I think Jojo's quite pretty - but there's not much substance there.   If anyone has a long horse-face, it's Jordan. 

i was joking in response to the previous post about a man having sex with a horse.

2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Do we know whether Jordan is actually estranged from Aaron Rodgers, or whether it was that Aaron, his agent, and/or the NFL refused to participate with the show?

Aaron doesn't really have anything to do with any of his family these days. It's like Jordon and Luke are the only brothers. The rest of the family are really close/together, Aaron's not. It wasn't always like that, but something happened within recent years. Tabs and gossip claimed random things like the family's religion and Olivia Munn. 

What was the point of last week when Jojo cut the 2 she couldn't decide between last week? She should have just let them both go. 

• Love 2

Call me surprised that Jordan is apparently estranged from famous middle brother Aaron.  What?  How did this stay out of US Magazine and all the gossip rags prior to the season?  I'm sure JoJo was just as shocked to hear that she might not be getting to watch NFL games while sitting in the owner's box.  From the glimpse we caught of the Rodgers parents' house, it looked pretty sizable.  I wonder if Aaron helps out his family and just chooses not to be part of their lives, or if this is once again some manufactured Fleiss BS that just gets us wondering.

Laughed a bit when Jordan said that he "could have continued to play pro football" but chose to walk away from it because he didn't want football to define himself.  Uh, he wouldn't have walked away if he was any good.  Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a quick look at his "pro" career.  Signed by Jacksonville in 2013 as a free agent after going undrafted, cut that July even before the season started.  Signed by Tampa Bay in 2014 to their practice squad - meaning he never played a down in the NFL.  Cut after the season in February 2014.  Signed by Miami in April 2014, cut in May 2014.  October 2014, signed to the practice squad of the BC Lions (that's the Canadian Football League).  Abruptly quit in April 2015.  Maybe that's what he meant by saying he "walked away" from it all.  He walked away from professional football after realizing he couldn't even crack a CFL roster.

Poor little Alex.  Pours out his heart and then promptly gets dumped.  Never would have worked between the two of them, because I'm sure JoJo loves her heels and she would never have been able to wear them if he were standing next to her.

Seems like James Taylor is a nice guy, but he is unsophisticated (french fry stuffing in the mouth, need I say more?) and of the remaining guys, is probably the least attractive.  Don't understand why JoJo is so broken up over letting him go and crying that he's a great guy.  Never quite get that.  If he's such a great guy and she'll miss him, then why is she not keeping him?

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Call me surprised that Jordan is apparently estranged from famous middle brother Aaron.  What?  How did this stay out of US Magazine and all the gossip rags prior to the season?  I'm sure JoJo was just as shocked to hear that she might not be getting to watch NFL games while sitting in the owner's box.  From the glimpse we caught of the Rodgers parents' house, it looked pretty sizable.  I wonder if Aaron helps out his family and just chooses not to be part of their lives, or if this is once again some manufactured Fleiss BS that just gets us wondering.

Laughed a bit when Jordan said that he "could have continued to play pro football" but chose to walk away from it because he didn't want football to define himself.  Uh, he wouldn't have walked away if he was any good.  Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a quick look at his "pro" career.  Signed by Jacksonville in 2013 as a free agent after going undrafted, cut that July even before the season started.  Signed by Tampa Bay in 2014 to their practice squad - meaning he never played a down in the NFL.  Cut after the season in February 2014.  Signed by Miami in April 2014, cut in May 2014.  October 2014, signed to the practice squad of the BC Lions (that's the Canadian Football League).  Abruptly quit in April 2015.  Maybe that's what he meant by saying he "walked away" from it all.  He walked away from professional football after realizing he couldn't even crack a CFL roster.

Thanks for this! He's even less impressive than I thought!

I haven't been following closely, but what is he doing now? What are his goals for the future--making a living--since football is obviously not it? (I remember reading he was going on this show to get a sportscaster job, but I'd be very surprised if that happens. He doesn't seem all that personable or smart, though the guys are obviously somewhat starstruck/intimidated by him for reasons that I can't understand.

• Love 3

I will have to re watch the last hour of the show--I must have drifted off during the group date.  Hour one was bizarre!  I thought maybe it was a bad dream only to read here that it was all true!  The uncomfortable car ride, the gaucho costume that made Alex look like a little dress up doll, the bad eyelashes and the cruel cut which should have happened last week.  Guess she couldn't cut him before he had totally humiliated himself.  And what the heck did they do to that poor horse?  Where is PETA when you need them?  That was just weird.

Then the one on one with Jordan--I threw up a little when they scooped up a glass of the toe jam juice and took a swig.  Ug, just thinking about it now makes me feel queasy!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

It wasn't always like that, but something happened within recent years.

"Something happened" ...like being a Super Bowl champion, multiple MVP-winning quarterback who is arguably the best in his position at the moment actually takes time and effort? And living in Wisconsin for the majority of the year means possibly not visiting family in Chico, California as much? Wow, color me shocked. ;)

I didn't get why they'd drink the mushy foot grapes. It's just grape juice at that point, not wine. Go grab a Welch's juice box instead. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Padma said:

Luke seemed more attractive tonight than other times, but it's not hard to see JoJo imagining herself in a "glamorous" life with Jordan/Aaron than down on the farm with Luke.

That said, I think this would be Luke's audition for Bachelor if she doesn't choose him, as I think she won't. I think she has delusions of grandeur and thinks that means Jordan (for now. Post show, I'll bet she'll hook up with some minor celebrity, like some of the past "stars" have done--Bob Guiney, e.g.)

I would be all for Luke being the next Bachelor. From a few clips I have watched of deleted scenes, he could be pretty funny. Too bad they don't show that. But I could handle that eye candy for a season. Better than the other 3 left, that is for sure.

• Love 4
(edited)

Was it Chase who (naively) said "I think JoJo wants a real man with a real job..."? If so, TBH, I'd rather have him as the Bachelor. He might be a bit boring, but that attitude is refreshing! He would actually be hoping to find a wife, I think.  As opposed to Luke, who seems like a decent enough guy, but who I believe is there primarily to build his brand as a musician. (I'm still disappointed that Luke and James were on board with charging $36 for a "meet and greet" recently. So much for "fan appreciation".)

And also, I was sort of going back and forth between TB and SYTYCD, and when I flipped back and saw JoJo with 3 bachelors watching TV, and JoJo gave out the rose, I wondered why she did not give it to Jordan--until we saw the ITM and the caption said "Chase".  I had totally mixed him up with Jordan.... 

Edited to add: Based on this plus previous episodes, I'm assuming that Jordan is still the front runner here. If he's not, that's some amazing misdirection on the part of the show runner. Because Joelle's interactions with him remind me of Ben's interactions with Lauren--pretty obvious.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I would be all for Luke being the next Bachelor. From a few clips I have watched of deleted scenes, he could be pretty funny. Too bad they don't show that. But I could handle that eye candy for a season. Better than the other 3 left, that is for sure.

55 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I know they usually bring back the F2-F4 as the next bachelor/ette, but I'd rather see Derek or Wells than any of the remaining guys at this point.

I've just assumed that we're headed towards a Luke/Jordan F2.  I was also leaning towards Jordan as the F1 since I assumed he was recruited based upon the promise of "winning".  In that scenario, I could certainly see them setting Luke up as the next Bachelor.

But I feel like Jordon lost points last night when JoJo realized she isn't going to be sipping wine by the pool with Olivia.  And if Luke "wins" F1, I really don't see Jordan as being in this to be a Bachelor lifer.  

Rather, I think other-James-Taylor has a good chance as next Bachelor.  They're overdue for a "not conventionally handsome, but has an 'aw-shucks' quality and probably cries after sex" Bachelor.  In other words, another Mesnick.  And, James got out before hometowns so he avoided the risk of potential family dirty laundry surfacing, and he avoided Fantasy Suites so there wouldn't be any "did they or didn't they" questions.

Probably still a dark-horse, but one whom I wouldn't be surprised getting the nod if enough "buzz" gets generated within "Bachelor Nation".

• Love 5
(edited)

Finally, on a programming note, have they ever had rose-free 1-on-1 dates before?

Isn't that common for this point in the season - i.e. right before hometowns. I know in Andi's season, she had two 1 on 1's with Josh and Marcus and a rose wasn't given on either date. The only rose given before the rose ceremony was the group date. Similarly in Chris' season where right before Hometowns, the only rose he gave out before the rose ceremony was for the group date. And he had a 1 on 1 with both Whitney and Becca I think, that week. 

Call me surprised that Jordan is apparently estranged from famous middle brother Aaron.  What?  How did this stay out of US Magazine and all the gossip rags prior to the season?

As someone else noted, Aaron is famously very, very private. On top of that, there really wasn't much to tell or some big dramatic thing, from what I heard. But my friend is a hardcore Aaron Rodgers fan (huge football fan in general) and pretty much told me about this once it was announced Jordan would be on the show. She pretty much said if anyone was expecting some huge Aaron connection or appearance it wouldn't happen because it was a fact they weren't really talking at the moment. Again as posted above, there were a couple of passive aggressive social media posts that sort of tipped people off to that but that was it. However anyone expecting Aaron to be public on any of this, it's not going to happen.  

Edited by truthaboutluv

The dates all seemed short and kind of dull. Surely there are things they could find to do besides sit in a bed and eat French Fries. I don't see James Taylor as the next Bachelor. He isn't bad looking, but not handsome either. But mostly, it's his personality. He just seems whiney and insecure and that doesn't work well as a bachelor. 

I'm a huge Green Bay Packers/Aaron Rodgers fan and I was surprised to learn Aaron is kind of estranged from his family. It's not just Jordan, it's the whole bunch. Sometimes things go on behind the scenes in families and you never really know what caused it. I have heard that Olivia Munn doesn't get along with Aaron's family, but that could just be a rumor.

I still like Jordan and think he really seems to like JoJo. And to be fair to him; he did say one of the issues he had in football was consisting being compared to his brother. I'm sure that was a problem, nobody wants to be compared to someone else. The majority of people who play football are more on the order of Jordan than Aaron. It doesn't make him a bad person. He seems like he has the personality of a sportscaster type, so maybe that will work out for him. 

I thought Robby seemed more attractive last night, but he just seems very fake to me. Where people see Jordan as fake, I see Robby as overly processed and overly practiced when he talks. He is good looking though. Luke looks handsome in some shots, and unattractive in others to me. Like the two-faced girl in Seinfeld. His personality seems kind of dull, but he probably is OK in real life. I'm sure my personality would be dull on TV because I'm soft spoken and not overly aggressive. 

Lastly, poor Alex with the gaucho costume. He was really reading things all wrong. And the man and the horse scene was just too much. All the talk about 'giving in to the man". 

• Love 6
(edited)

Not many replies.  I think everyone is as bored as I am.  I was so excited about Jojo as Bachelorette, but wow this season is so dull.  I know that some people did not like Kaitlyn at all and that she was polarizing, but that was the season that got me into the show and it was incredibly exciting and funny and things happened.  Jojo has been such a disappointment.  What occurred to me yesterday is that I wonder exactly how boring Lauren must be, if next to her Jojo seemed like the most exciting thing ever.  As Larry King says it's my 2 cents

Bachelor Candidates, I agree that Luke seems the best.

Wells - very hot, but obviously not everyone's type
Chase - good looking and bland enough, but no personality for TV
Luke - hot and good for TV I think
Robby - I think he's very cute, but something about him on TV comes across as very slimy and not genuine.  I'm sure he's a nice guy but people get this feeling

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I have watched like 19 seasons of The Bachelor and 11 of the Bachelorette and I've never been so bored.   

Yep!

10 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think it would have been funny if Jordan said absolutely nothing about Aaron, as if he wasn't even in the family, so that we could watch her try to discreetly fish for information and then cry out of frustration. 

It would liven things up for me, I can tell you that.

18 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Rather, I think other-James-Taylor has a good chance as next Bachelor.  They're overdue for a "not conventionally handsome, but has an 'aw-shucks' quality and probably cries after sex" Bachelor.

We just had Ben.  That counts people.

I caught a rerun of The Middle.  In the episode Frankie is upset at the ending of the Bachelor and cries for days.  Finally she gets Sean to help her get onto a board like this and then argues with everyone........Frankie?  Frankie?  Show yourself.

• Love 3

I think JoJo is okay and fairly interesting, certainly no less than some of the other leads the show has had. I just think the guys this season weren't that interesting. While the lead having personality is important (because dear god Farmer Chris sucked), a good cast of contestants also helps a lot. And this group of guys just aren't cutting it in my opinion. The only person who was semi-interesting, in the good for reality-tv way of course, was nutty Chad and he's long gone. The producers and editors have tried to create some tension and drama with the whole Jordan not being genuine but no one is buying it because everyone knows JoJo will likely pick him.

I guess watching Alex try to seem imposing and awesome when he only got to JoJo's knees was sort of interesting but other than that - meh. I have barely been watching this season and last night I caught a few minutes and I got my first real introduction to Robby. And like Alex some weeks ago, I was left thinking why is this guy with that stupid looking swoop on his head and his weird affectations everytime he speaks still around? Something about him was just so unbelievably annoying. I also think the franchise may just be getting played out, which honestly, I'm shocked it's taken this long. All that said, I'd still take this season and JoJo as a lead over Kaitlyn's season where I just felt like I needed a shower when it was over. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, greyhorse said:

OMG. What a lying little toad. If he was good enough, he'd still be playing. His brother did everything he could to help Jordan's college and pro "career." Jordan rode the wave of being "Aaron Rodgers' brother," getting tryouts and roster spots because pro football teams desperately hoped that he was an Eli Manning to Aaron's Peyton. Now, he not only doesn't talk to his brother, but gives JoJo and the cameras some sob story about always being in his brother's shadow. You rode that shadow and enjoyed the perks, kid. Stop lying. 

I'm a huge Green Bay Packers/Aaron Rodgers fan and I was surprised to learn Aaron is kind of estranged from his family. It's not just Jordan, it's the whole bunch. Sometimes things go on behind the scenes in families and you never really know what caused it. I have heard that Olivia Munn doesn't get along with Aaron's family, but that could just be a rumor.

That's pretty much it. Luke's beauty queen GF and Aaron's actress GF really don't get along. LOL. I'll bet that the potential cat fighting would be EPIC. After the training in martial arts that Munn had to do for X-Men, my money's on her. 

*HIGH FIVE* on from a fellow Packer fan!

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 8

I appreciated the editors giving us the shot of the orange kittens play fighting in the grass. They were feisty little farm kittens. That's all I got from this 2 hour time-suck. Of course I'll be back next week.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Robby - I think he's very cute, but something about him on TV comes across as very slimy and not genuine.  I'm sure he's a nice guy but people get this feeling

Yeah, I always forget about Robby.  I was trying to remember yesterday who was left - the football player's brother, the guy who looks just like him, the curly-haired guy, the Clint Eastwood guy, the short Marine, and ???   I could not remember Robby until I watched the show.  But apparently he is a "front-runner", he said so  - like 50 times.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I think that's always going to be James' problem, he's going to be overshadowed by the alpha males and friend zoned. This could not have been more of a wrong setting for him, he clearly felt unable to compete and didn't know how to showcase his good qualities (not that it mattered in this case, JoJo is so far gone for Jordan and to a lesser degree, Luke, that she was never going to see past them.)

Agreed that Luke would be next in line as the person who would treat her best (I do think James would have been a devoted boyfriend/husband, but Luke hits the hot guy sweet spot/physical chemistry buttons too, where James did not.)

As for Chase, what is up with that flat affect??? He's very cute, seems to dress well, and get along with the other guys, but every time I see him speak with JoJo, it's like a reanimated Ken doll. No eye contact, flat voice, no emotion. Very strange, especially when he starts talking about love using a voice that sounds like he's giving a forced public speaking presentation on some topic that he has no actual interest in. 

Yeah, it seems like they leave any shred of Luke's personality on the cutting room floor in favor of including his long boring monologues. I got back on the Luke train last night, seeing him in his own element seemed to eliminate some of the awkwardness I usually see in him. He'd be one of the best looking Bachelors the show's ever had if they chose him. 

And I loved how JoJo acted like she was doing lil' Alex a favor by sending him home at the end of the 1-on-1 date.  That might've been true . . . had she not just told him outright that she sees no remote possibility of their ever being together.  Frankly, the fact that he didn't get up as soon as she said that and leave shows that he's a bigger simp than he previously appeared.

I have no idea why she kept going on about how booting him immediately after he told her he loved her was showing him respect. What it really did was give her the chance to talk about herself as some kind of heartbreaker (much like she did with Wells), when I don't actually think Alex was all that into her. More than anyone else, he treated this show like a true competition and getting the prize was the goal, it didn't much matter what that prize was. But JoJo got to act like he was head over heels and she just can't help that she didn't love him the way he loved her. Bleh.

You could see Alex barely holding back on being like "hey wait, I was supposed to get a whole week here in Argentina, there was no rose on this date!! Another week of travel please, doesn't matter if you don't like me!" 

OMG. Dying over that rap! Alex needs a stepstool to get in the sidecar. That was even better than the Right Reasons Rap.

Lol, the little bitty guy in the sidecar line had me dying. ALMOST up there with the Walla Walla kidneystones car jam from Real World Chicago...

Interesting to see how the former best buds clique disintegrated completely in this episode. 

Although, this 2-hour snooze-fest might have been worth it just to watch the wheels in JoJo's empty head turn: "you mean I'm not going to hang out with Oliva Munn?".  Jordan was saying, "but, you know, I'm okay with it", and JoJo's look said "Well I'M NOT OKAY WITH IT!".

Yeah, I think Jordan's life connections were definitely a part of the package all along, but she's pretty set on him anyway. Maybe he was smart to wait and drop that bomb at the very last second. 

I couldn't help thinking her questioning "so who am I going to meet at your house" of each and every guy (including the 2 she sent home before family day) was a cover for trying to find out if Aaron Rodgers was going to be at Jordan's meet and greet. I don't think she really cares whether Robby's Mamaw will be in residence, but she needed to get that info out of Jordan...

• Love 11

I thought it was ridiculous when the guys were speculating that she'd pick Jordan because it would mean football tickets...really?

This episode was so boring, on of the better dates was actually them being stuck in the hotel due to rain.  Why not just postpone the date a day?  Or show them huddled around a board game, how awkward.

I couldn't believe Alex saying he was falling in love on his date.  What?  It's the first time he's been alone with her for any amount of time so he's suddenly in love?  It was funny that she was totally not into it.

No cocktail party to me indicates she already know who she wants to pick at the end so why spend more time with the other guys.  The final guys all look the same to me, I'm guessing they all spend more time fixing their hair than she does.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just think the guys this season weren't that interesting. While the lead having personality is important (because dear god Farmer Chris sucked), a good cast of contestants also helps a lot. And this group of guys just aren't cutting it in my opinion. 

I thought that as soon as I looked at their bios at the start of the season.

I was so disappointed. Most of them seemed to have dubious "jobs", IMHO. And I could have sworn that I recently read that most contestants now are selected from entries that come from agents (like show biz agents). It's so shallow and pointless any more; there are very few "real" people. (I think Chase might be one?)

I do wonder what the various handlers tell their appointed contestants, such as Alex, to get them to believe that they're falling in love or that they have a chance with the lead. "Dude, she told me she really digs you but you never open up to her. You need to be more aggressive and get in there and stake your claim. I promise you, you won't regret it, she's just waiting for you to finally make a move." I bet there are a lot of stories like that.

Edited by adhoc
2 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

OMG. What a lying little toad. If he was good enough, he'd still be playing. His brother did everything he could to help Jordan's college and pro "career." Jordan rode the wave of being "Aaron Rodgers' brother," getting tryouts and roster spots because pro football teams desperately hoped that he was an Eli Manning to Aaron's Peyton. Now, he not only doesn't talk to his brother, but gives JoJo and the cameras some sob story about always being in his brother's shadow. You rode that shadow and enjoyed the perks, kid. Stop lying. 

Allow me to pile on.

First of all, it's not like the Rodgers' are the Mannings' (i.e. a football family with a quarterback pedigree).  No one really expected Aaron Rodgers to be much more than a placeholder while the Packers tried to replace Brett Farve as the face of their franchise.  The fact that Aaron has had so much success is a testament to being at the right place at the right time, and being talented.  

So any looks that Jordan got from any pro team really were gifts.

Second, every team that Jordan got a look from is lacking at the quarterback position, so there were definitely opportunities there for anyone with real talent.  Obviously Jordan was talent-less.

And add me to the list of posters incredibly bored and disappointed at the way this season has played out.  At the outset I thought JoJo had a solid enough body, and an bland enough personality that the guys might actually go over-the-top to try to "win".  But these guys all seem to be just going through the motions.  I can't remember the earlier bootees, but maybe it's a matter of having let the wrong guys go early on?

• Love 4