Type keyword(s) to search

Greenleaf - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Does James really not know what Letoya's character is doing? He's been a pastor for a long time. This can't be the first time a woman has tried to get in with him. The women picked up on it instantly. Did her donation blind him that much?

3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I think he's picked up on it. He may like the attention or think he can handle it and not let it snowball into adultery territory.

I think the Bishop knows exactly what Rochelle is up to (no good!) but he's willing to put up[ with the attention if it means large donations.  I doubt he'd cheat on Lady Mae, partly because he loves her, but mostly because he'd rightly fear her wrath.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2017 at 5:40 PM, Syndicate said:

I actually hated that episode where Charity and others were giggling about the revelation of Kevin being gay. It was no laughing matter in my opinion, and I definitely assume it was no laughing matter to Kevin. He's gone! And he left because he couldn't deal with who he really was.

I think it was more of one of those situations where if you didn't laugh, you would cry, which is what Charity finally had a chance to do.

11 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Wow, that fight between Kerissa and Jacob! I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel like both of them were 100% right.

Jacob strong-arming Isaiah out his house was satisfying to watch.

ETA: Does James really not know what Letoya's character is doing? He's been a pastor for a long time. This can't be the first time a woman has tried to get in with him. The women picked up on it instantly. Did her donation blind him that much?

Lynn Whitfield is a treasure. Watching her gather intel on Rochelle was delightful to watch.

That fight was all kinds of awesome and both of them told each other some hard truths.  All those old resentments came rushing out, which neither really dealt with before they inexplicably reconciled.  I figured it was a matter of time before Kerissa got tired of the "ride or die" role.  She's right.  I know plenty of ministers who have day jobs or businesses outside of their churches.  It's not as if every minister is the pastor or bishop of a megachurch.  Bills need to be paid and when you have a family living in a house that needs to be rewired, you don't have a lot of time to chase windmills.  But, Kerissa seems to forget that Jacob wasn't that great a preacher and his own conduct (including setting up the church for a lawsuit) was the direct cause of his being passed over.  I thought Jacob's calling out Kerissa on her ball-breaking shrewishness as a reason that he was out there tipping was a low blow.

I'm glad that Jacob got to put the trash out, and he was a lot more diplomatic about it than my own father would have been.  Zora, girl, why are you acting so desperate and thirsty?

Lynn Whitfield is someone I can't take my eyes off of.  I had my suspicions about Rochelle from the beginning and knew in my gut that that cancer story was some bullshit.  I figured that Skanks planted her in Bishop's sight, but the real story is much more common in real life.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I'm glad that Jacob got to put the trash out, and he was a lot more diplomatic about it than my own father would have been.  Zora, girl, why are you acting so desperate and thirsty?

I loved that scene because it was done without yelling and screaming or overt violence.  You don't need to yell and scream like a nutcase, or get violent to get your point across.  Jacob taking what his face's arm and leading him out of the house was poetry.

I think Zora's problem is, she's a preacher's daughter who's trying to break free from a role she feels has been assigned to her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I thought Jacob's calling out Kerissa on her ball-breaking shrewishness as a reason that he was out there tipping was a low blow.

I think that was the tipping point for Kerissa  to finally tell his parents about Pastor Skanks. 

I think this being Zora's first serious boyfriend may be the reason for her behavior. Zora being a Greenleaf might've intimidated other boys from persuing her. Isaiah isn't intimidated and given her limited experience she accepts the things he does because she doesn't want to be alone or doesn't think another guy will come anytime soon.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dee said:

How did Grace not call James out about his horrible endorsement of 'Blue Lives Matter' when he was preaching the virtues of gradualism? 

That was last season and last season is gone.  Noah who????

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, MulletorHater said:

I thought Jacob's calling out Kerissa on her ball-breaking shrewishness as a reason that he was out there tipping was a low blow.

I don't think he blamed her for his cheating per se - he said that because he was tipping, he tolerated her treating him like that. Now that he's living right (in his mind), he's not going to put up with it.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:17 AM, Dee said:

It's amazing how much better this show flows when the cast is actually allowed to interact with each other

I've noticed that the relationships on the show are much different now. Lady Mae and Grace are being affectionate with each other when they were barely civil before. Charity and Grace talk to each other. It's refreshing to have a lot less tension in the Greenleaf household.

• Love 7
On 9/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I don't think he blamed her for his cheating per se - he said that because he was tipping, he tolerated her treating him like that. Now that he's living right (in his mind), he's not going to put up with it.

I didn't get that he was blaming her for his cheating either.   He figured putting up with her attitude was a small price to pay for him to have some on the side.  I do come down on Kerissa's side when she says he needs to get a a job.  The job he has now, if you can call it that, doesn't sustain the family, so he needs to get another one.  Jacob and Kerissa can be a strong team when they work together.  For now, they're working against each other and it won't end well.

So, Rick Fox can just drive onto private property, at night, to pull up outside the front door of a prominent pastor's estate?  No security?  Also, the Greenleaf's don't like him so he should have been stuck at the gate.

Not sure why the show has Isiah sweating Zora so much.  He is a successful, teen gospel singer.  I imagine he would be beating girls off with a stick.  Once Jacob started tripping and Zora didn't text him back, he would have hooked up with someone else.  At least, until he could have gotten back with Zora.  Isiah doesn't come across as one to be sweating a single girl.

1 hour ago, PsychoDrone said:

So, Rick Fox can just drive onto private property, at night, to pull up outside the front door of a prominent pastor's estate?  No security?  Also, the Greenleaf's don't like him so he should have been stuck at the gate.

1) It's Rick Fox!

2) Since Noah (who??) left, the Greenleafs are without security (apparently)

3) It's Rick Fox!!!!  C'mon!!!

• Love 4
On 9/4/2017 at 1:08 PM, PsychoDrone said:

Not sure why the show has Isiah sweating Zora so much.  He is a successful, teen gospel singer.  I imagine he would be beating girls off with a stick.  Once Jacob started tripping and Zora didn't text him back, he would have hooked up with someone else.  At least, until he could have gotten back with Zora.  Isiah doesn't come across as one to be sweating a single girl.

I'm not convinced he's only sweating Zora. She's a prize, but he seems perfectly willing to kick her to the curb whenever his little feathers get ruffled. When Zora asked him how rehearsal went, and he just hesitated and replied, "Whatever", my first thought was that he probably had his arms wrapped around some other girl. This kid is just plain bad news.

• Love 2
On 9/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I've noticed that the relationships on the show are much different now. Lady Mae and Grace are being affectionate with each other when they were barely civil before.

Yes, how did that happen? Lady Mae was always downright nasty to Grace to the point where Grace actually had to ask her in one episode if she ever loved her....

• Love 3

Did everyone think this was kind of a filler episode?  It took all hour for Jacob to become the new head of Trinity, and not much else happened, plot-wise.

Kind of surprising that Isiah's partner and Charity's "customer" were plyed by professional singers (apparently) -- neither of them were very good in my opinion.

Zzzzzzzzz....

Hope that is not the last we have seen of Skanks. He's been a great villain. Is Kevin ever coming back? The story line about Charity working on music with a potential new love interest is a snooze.

• Love 5

Wow, Bishop and Lady Mae played Kerissa like a piano. She let her ambition and envy overrule her caution and her husband's express instructions not to get them involved. At least it kind of worked out even though Kerissa and Jacob are now back under his parents' thumbs. Kerissa will only be a junior First Lady if Triumph becomes an annex to Calvary.

Bye, Pastor Jidenna. You were fun while it lasted. And why was Tasha up in church looking like she just got back from a night partying at the club? I bet she and Basie are going to go take over another church somewhere else. It's not uncommon for shady types to move from church to church embezzling money. It's probably harder to do in the age of social media though.

• Love 5
On 9/7/2017 at 11:16 AM, bichonblitz said:

Yes, how did that happen? Lady Mae was always downright nasty to Grace to the point where Grace actually had to ask her in one episode if she ever loved her....

The writers might use the excuse that Grace almost dying in her fight with Mac changed Lady Mae's attitude, but I still think the change is kind of abrupt.

The story that Mac tried to molest Grace feels like a retcon to create a dramatic storyline for Grace.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

The story that Mac tried to molest Grace feels like a retcon to create a dramatic storyline for Grace.

Interesting.  I always got this weird feeling about Mac and Grace, so it didn't surprise me that he tried to molest her.  

• Love 2

Show is going to have to figure out what to do with Grace.  Initially, the show revolved around her return.  But, with Mac dead, there isn't any real reason to keep pursuing the molestation storyline.

Even though it's done, not really buying Skanks, and the elders, just turning over Triumph to Jacob.  It happened too quick.  Has there ever been a pastor or church leader that stepped down BEFORE scandal is revealed?  Mae is thinking Triumph will become Calvary 2, but it won't play that way.  Calvary and Triumph will remain in contention.  Jacob, with Kerissa, will grow Triumph in spite of Bishop and Mae desires.

The question is which Greenleaf daughter will get the pregnancy storyline?  The likely person is Zora, but can't count Sophia out.

• Love 1

The show has yet to explain Jacob's fervent desire to preach.

He's has no talent for it, he's essentially reconciled with Grace and his recent 'spiritual awakening' has amounted to gambling and doughnuts.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Dee said:

The show has yet to explain Jacob's fervent desire to preach.

He's has no talent for it, he's essentially reconciled with Grace and his recent 'spiritual awakening' has amounted to gambling and doughnuts.

He's been called!  Much like Grace and Sophia.  Granted, it initially wasn't his desire, but the Holy Spirit has truly touched him and he is all about that life.  Remember, he was willing to let his family suffer in that house, wait on the Lord, and know that his blessing was coming./sarcasm

Yes, the show hasn't really explained this new found desire to be a preacher/pastor.  Regardless, ratchet up the drama because Jacob and Bishop are going to come to blows (figuratively) over Triumph and Calvary.

• Love 3

I honestly thought Isaiah was going to make Zora walk home. Zora will have her breaking point and wake up and drop the boy but I wonder what else will she put up with before she does that.

In this age of social media, can Pastor Skanks really start over in another church? It may not be immediate but at some point, he should get spotted even with a new name and look like a clean shaven face.  Tasha Skanks outfits. Wow. Just a bit too much. :) I'm gonna miss her. Her outfits and attitude has been entertaining. 

18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting.  I always got this weird feeling about Mac and Grace, so it didn't surprise me that he tried to molest her.  

I suspected it, too and it makes sense in a way. Sometimes people are more willing to step up to defend others more than themselves. Given Mac's physical type, it would be more surprising if he hadn't tried to abuse Grace when she was a kid. 

• Love 1

I suspected it, too and it makes sense in a way. Sometimes people are more willing to step up to defend others more than themselves. Given Mac's physical type, it would be more surprising if he hadn't tried to abuse Grace when she was a kid. 

And given Mac's history with Grace and Faith, Grace should be much more concerned about Charity (who, like Sophia, should be way more conflicted about Grace's actions) being a victim of his too.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:19 AM, TVForever said:

I'm not convinced he's only sweating Zora. She's a prize, but he seems perfectly willing to kick her to the curb whenever his little feathers get ruffled. When Zora asked him how rehearsal went, and he just hesitated and replied, "Whatever", my first thought was that he probably had his arms wrapped around some other girl. This kid is just plain bad news.

He's an abuser, he wants girls to control, manipulate and hurt. He slammed the car to injure her, whats next twisting her arm? Breaking it?

I had hoped last season Zora saw the signs and would get the hell away from him ASAP before the violence escalated but it's not looking that way. 

I do think the show is showing the subtleties of teen dating violence (these guys usually grow up to be adult abusers as well). My fear is that Zora will be sexually assaulted/raped by this guy and blame herself because she consented to sex before, or not tell anyone because of that. 

• Love 5

@Neurochick and @Arcadiasw I too always got a weird energy between Mac and Grace. I assumed it was because she actually witnessed him sexually assualting Faith and he knew it. It's not uncommon for an abuser to single out one child (especially within a family) but these evil people don't stop and there are always more victims. However what I will never understand is how she moved her teenage daughter into a home with a man she KNEW enjoyed raping underaged girls including relatives!! "Keep your distance".....was she supposed to walk around with a weapon? Sleep with one eye open?!

• Love 7

"I don't care how he feels!!"- Charity. Hellz yeah. ?

Lady Mae can have several seats. You don't get to cheat on your husband and then take the moral high ground that the man you were cheating with (who was also married and you were aware of that fact), had other mistresses. Come on Lady Mae. Lionel of course was a total asshole to his son, and you don't get to compare the pedophile rapist Mac to Kevin- wtf....I'm glad he's gone though, the storyline could've been better but they dropped the ball. 

Charity is looking prettier all all the time. I am terrified for Zora the violence is escalating. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 8

Deborah Joy Winans and Lynn Whitfield are doing awesome work through the back half of this season.

Tim Reid is a GREAT addition to the cast. Lionel is awful but Tim is STAR.

Poor Aaron. He deserves much better.

Keith David continues to be rock solid.

Grace finally got some. From Rick Fox. But, still she finally got some.

Zora & Isaiah make a fascinating pair. I hope the show doesn't go down the cliche domestic violence route with them.

Sophia is JUST like Grace.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Dee said:

Zora & Isaiah make a fascinating pair. I hope the show doesn't go down the cliche domestic violence route with them.

Isaiah is saying all the thing an abuser says.  "I can't help it." "I do it because I love you."  Run, Zora, RUN!!!!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Isaiah is saying all the thing an abuser says.  "I can't help it." "I do it because I love you."  Run, Zora, RUN!!!!!

This storyline is making me so sad. He's a textbook abuser, and she has no idea how to handle it. Why would she though? I wish her parents were paying her just a little bit of attention. The only thing I do like about Zora & Isaiah is that if any young people are watching, they will learn the warning signs and will know how to avoid an abuser.

I gotta reiterate my love for Lynn Whitfield. "Negro, please." LOL. Lady Mae overplayed her hand, though. Now her husband knows something is up.

Edited by mrsbagnet
comments about Lady Mae
  • Love 6

I still have a hard time believing that Isaiah is so stuck on Zora.  Don't get me wrong, Zora is a pretty girl.  But, he is a successful, teen, gospel singer with groupies, people recognizing him, etc.  I would expect him to be more flippant where Zora is concerned, not crying and whining because she is siding with her cousin.  Isaiah, in the most I-dont-give-a-F&*& tone, "go ahead, side with your cousin.  I will see you later."  And, then he goes off to hook up with a side chick.

It's already starting with Triumph.  Kerisa is starting to assert her will.  Be wary Triumph because Kerisa is not to be messed with.

• Love 1

Zora has fallen into that same mistake other abusers have and rationalize that Isaiah made a mistake, forgave him and believe he won't hit her again. It will take something really drastic before her eyes are opened sadly.

Aaron is a fool if he didn't realize how angry Charity would be at him and to try to make excuses for Kevin.....? Aaron with his troubled relationship with his father should've had a little more understanding and sympathy for Charity given Kevin walked out on his son. 

Both Lionel and Lady Mae tipped James off and Lady Mae can't act like the hurt woman because she was one of the many other women. Keith David is just too good. First at the dinner and at the end. He knows. 

I chuckled at Jacob and Kerissa's 'under the covers' scene. Given Jacob's past, Kerissa should keep an eye on Tasha. 

19 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I gotta reiterate my love for Lynn Whitfield. "Negro, please." LOL. Lady Mae overplayed her hand, though. Now her husband knows something is up.

You know she really wanted to say this

• Love 5
4 hours ago, PsychoDrone said:

I still have a hard time believing that Isaiah is so stuck on Zora.  Don't get me wrong, Zora is a pretty girl.  But, he is a successful, teen, gospel singer with groupies, people recognizing him, etc.  I would expect him to be more flippant where Zora is concerned, not crying and whining because she is siding with her cousin.  Isaiah, in the most I-dont-give-a-F&*& tone, "go ahead, side with your cousin.  I will see you later."  And, then he goes off to hook up with a side chick.

It's already starting with Triumph.  Kerisa is starting to assert her will.  Be wary Triumph because Kerisa is not to be messed with.

Isaiah isn't stuck on Zora in the way you're thinking- he wants to abuse and manipulate Zora to get his jollies. These types often beat down their partner's self esteem with "no one would have you but me!" to keep control of them, and yeah they may hook up with other people on the side, and proclaim it's the partner's fault and then continue to hit/push/shove/demean and degrade them because they yearn for the power and control. Then he would say "I only do this cause I love you, it's cause I care." And the cycle repeats itself. 

Hes not with her because he likes her, he's with her because he wants someone to abuse. 

• Love 9

I actually think Isaiah is with Zora because he likes her.

He just happens to also be an incredibly self involved douche with a massive insecurity complex and a possible drug habit.

I don't think he takes pleasure in abusing Zora (or any other woman), he's a mega successful music prodigy who is used to everyone (especially girls) fawning all over him yet he seems as drawn to headstrong Zora, as she is to him.

Their relationship is certainly very co-dependent and toxic, but it also possesses really interesting shades of gray.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4

"He only took one pair of shoes." OMG, the poor thing. Hopefully Basie can find his way to the Underground Railroad and escape to the North. ?

Did I understand Lady Mae correctly? She didn't come right out with it but it sounded to me like she said Faith was gay and had tried to come out to them.

Trap gospel. Is that really what they call it?

So Lady Mae not only cheated, she betrayed her best friend. I think she has a lot of nerve getting high and mighty with anyone. Looks like she's broken several of the Commandments.

Bet we're going to find out Gigi's lover Darius has a kid. Otherwise, I hope she doesn't "accidentally" get pregnant. Their conversation about children was rather pointed for it not to be leading to something.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did I understand Lady Mae correctly? She didn't come right out with it but it sounded to me like she said Faith was gay and had tried to come out to them.

Mae was telling James not to become overly invested in Aaron's situation to rectify for failing Faith.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"He only took one pair of shoes." OMG, the poor thing. Hopefully Basie can find his way to the Underground Railroad and escape to the North. ?

Trap gospel. Is that really what they call it?

So Lady Mae not only cheated, she betrayed her best friend. I think she has a lot of nerve getting high and mighty with anyone. Looks like she's broken several of the Commandments.

Bet we're going to find out Gigi's lover Darius has a kid. Otherwise, I hope she doesn't "accidentally" get pregnant. Their conversation about children was rather pointed for it not to be leading to something.

I think Grace was only given pictures of Faith with men. She could've been bi or experimented since Faith did all types of things to forget what Mac did to her. 

I think there's indication someone will get pregnant. Grace is a possibility but I'm looking at the girls: Zora or Sophia. So far, Sophia doesn't have storyline.  

17 hours ago, Dee said:

I actually think Isaiah is with Zora because he likes her.

He just happens to also be an incredibly self involved douche with a massive insecurity complex and a possible drug habit.

I don't think he takes pleasure in abusing Zora (or any other woman), he's a mega successful music prodigy who is used to everyone (especially girls) fawning all over him yet he seems as drawn to headstrong Zora, as she is to him.

Their relationship is certainly very co-dependent and toxic, but it also possesses really interesting shades of gray.

I think Isaiah likes Zora, too, but he also wants to control her. When she steps out of line in his eyes, he can't handle it and acts out in an abusive way. Like you've said he's not used to someone not doing what he wants and doesn't know how to deal with that in a non violent way.  

• Love 3
On September 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM, PsychoDrone said:

Isaiah isn't stuck on Zora at all; he knows he's "got" Zora.  

In the movie "9 1/2 Weeks" Mickey Rourke's character, John would do things to push the buttons of Kim Bassinger's character, Elizabeth; each time he'd do something, Elizabeth would come back and John would escalate his seemingly not abusive behavior a little at a time, until Elizabeth was nearly broken, she was living only for John, doing only what he wanted.  Now if Elizabeth had told John, "go fuck yourself," that would have been it; John would have left her alone.  That's what Isaiah is doing.  He deliberately caused Zora to hit her head on the dashboard, but she still came back; and now he's actually put his hands on her.  If she comes back again (and she probably will), Isaiah will escalate the abuse. 

• Love 8

It seems Lady Mae cheated because Bishop cheated first and with her sister. Bishop can’t justify his impending affair with Rochelle because Lady Mae cheated in retaliation of what he did and kept it from him. Bishop is looking for an excuse.

Kerissa shouldn’t keep Zora being sexually active from Jacob. Yes, he will hit the roof but he is Zora’s father and has a right to know. If Zora was a boy, Kerissa should have the right to know if Jacob found out first and their son told him to not tell Kerissa.

Looks like Isaiah continues to physically abuse Zora. I hope he gets what's coming to him. Zora was wrong for the comment she made to Kerissa over Jacob's cheating. That slap was coming. With her getting hit by Isaiah, too the physical hit from Kerissa was cringe worthy to see. 

If I were Kerissa I would be sweeping my and Jacob’s office for any spy bugs. Mrs. Skanks can’t be trusted.

Carlton was right to initially say no to Jacob.

Bishop: To have a bond like that with another person. I can’t imagine.

The Greenleaf family gatherings never disappoint!

Love the teases to the Season Finale.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

It seems Lady Mae cheated because Bishop cheated first and with her sister. Bishop can’t justify his impending affair with Rochelle because Lady Mae cheated in retaliation of what he did and kept it from him. Bishop is looking for an excuse.

Kerissa shouldn’t keep Zora being sexually active from Jacob. Yes, he will hit the roof but he is Zora’s father and has a right to know. If Zora was a boy, Kerissa should have the right to know if Jacob found out first and their son told him to not tell Kerissa.

Looks like Isaiah continues to physically abuse Zora. I hope he gets what's coming to him. Zora was wrong for the comment she made to Kerissa over Jacob's cheating. That slap was coming. With her getting hit by Isaiah, too the physical hit from Kerissa was cringe worthy to see. 

If I were Kerissa I would be sweeping my and Jacob’s office for any spy bugs. Mrs. Skanks can’t be trusted.

Carlton was right to initially say no to Jacob.

Bishop: To have a bond like that with another person. I can’t imagine.

The Greenleaf family gatherings never disappoint!

Love the teases to the Season Finale.

One thing I didn't like about this scenario is that focusing on Zora being sexually active will probably keep her parents from suspecting her change in behavior is due to something else (like being abused). Zora had no right to disrespect her Mom with that comment but I hate the attitude that because a teen girl has sex before she is married she doesn't value herself. ?  She's never going to confide in her parents about Isiah now....and I'm scared for her safety. 

If Zora was a boy and Jacob found his condoms he would tell him "good job" not give him a lecture about how he didn't value himself- gotta love the patriarchy. 

• Love 6

Keith David & Lynn Whitfield remain flawless.

Kerissa is still a shrew & Jacob is still an idiot.

I HATE the show is going the domestic violence route with Zora & Isaiah. It's trite & ruins a really compelling potential story.

Darius & Grace are surprisingly watchable. Who knew?

As nice as it is the show is emphasizing some of the issues with single motherhood, it forgets Charity almost as much as the other characters.

Carlton & Reggie need to open a Pep Boys.

Tasha is true mess but a loyal soldier.

RIP Pastor Jidenna. You will be missed.

• Love 1

The bishop was cutting Lady Mae left and right in this episode. Just brutal. But she can give as good as she gets.

What are the odds the mayoral candidate will turn out to be shady or want Jacob to do something shady? Hopefully Jacob learned from his mistake with Basie. He was lucky he escaped relatively unscathed from that mess but Tasha might have revenge on her mind now.

• Love 6
On 9/21/2017 at 8:51 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Zora had no right to disrespect her Mom with that comment but I hate the attitude that because a teen girl has sex before she is married she doesn't value herself.

If Zora was a boy and Jacob found his condoms he would tell him "good job" not give him a lecture about how he didn't value himself- gotta love the patriarchy. 

The double standard is very real for boys and girls when talking sex.  Guys don't value themselves if they don't wait until marriage?  I wonder what Kerissa would say to her son if she found a condom in his room.  I doubt Jacob would say "good job", but I do think he would commend him for being safe.  Zora trying that same argument didn't work with Kerissa and I doubt it would work with Jacob.

Kerissa marks it as an achievement that she made Jacob wait until marriage until they had sex.  BUT, does she know if HE waited until marriage to have sex at all?  He cheated on her while they were married, so it's not a stretch to think that he was hooking up with other women while they were dating.  Jacob: "Kerissa, you can be celibate all you want, but I didn't say I would be."  The air must be pretty thin up there while she sits on that high horse.  He hooked up with others while waiting for her and she didn't care because she was going to marry the heir-apparent at Calvary.

The Skanks storyline is too crazy.  Basie acts like he lost his church because of the Greenleafs.  Uh no, that was all him.  Sure he will rationalize it by saying he had to embezzle money to combat the Greenleafs.  Now Lady Skanks is  looking for payback.  I bet her payback includes getting Jacob to stray again.  I doubt it will be with her, not sure if she would take that one for the team, but she will rope someone in.  Jacob needs to watch his back.  Not only does he have to worry about Skanks, but the Treasurer isn't feeling him either.

Edited by PsychoDrone
  • Love 7
On 9/21/2017 at 4:25 AM, Arcadiasw said:
43 minutes ago, PsychoDrone said:

The double standard is very real for boys and girls when talking sex.  Guys don't value themselves if they don't wait until marriage?  I wonder what Kerissa would say to her son if she found a condom in his room.  I doubt Jacob would say "good job", but I do think he would commend him for being safe.  Zora trying that same argument didn't work with Kerissa and I doubt it would work with Jacob.

Kerissa marks it as an achievement that she made Jacob wait until marriage until they had sex.  BUT, does she know if HE waited until marriage to have sex at all?  He cheated on her while they were married, so it's not a stretch to think that he was hooking up with other women while they were dating.  Jacob: "Kerissa, you can be celibate all you want, but I didn't say I would be."  The air must be pretty thin up there while she sits on that high horse.  He hooked up with others while waiting for her and she didn't care because she was going to marry the heir-apparent at Calvary.

The Skanks storyline is too crazy.  Basie acts like he lost his church because of the Greenleafs.  Uh no, that was all him.  Sure he will rationalize it by saying he had to embezzle money to combat the Greenleafs.  Now Lady Skanks is  looking for payback.  I bet her payback includes getting Jacob to stray again.  I doubt it will be with her, not sure if she would take that one for the team, but she will rope someone in.  Jacob needs to watch his back.  Not only does he have to worry about Skanks, but the Treasurer isn't feeling him either.

I cannot get rid of this box sorry!

@PsychoDrone  - I didn't mean Jacob would say to his teenaged son (of Zora was a boy) "good job- yay for you being a sexual conqueror", but "good job you're being Safe- condoms and respect." 

Kerrissa does have a very high horse.

Edited by Scarlett45
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The bishop was cutting Lady Mae left and right in this episode. Just brutal. But she can give as good as she gets.

What are the odds the mayoral candidate will turn out to be shady or want Jacob to do something shady? Hopefully Jacob learned from his mistake with Basie. He was lucky he escaped relatively unscathed from that mess but Tasha might have revenge on her mind now.

David Keith and Lynn Whitfield rocked this episode.  They LOOKED and SOUNDED like a married couple in real life.  A lot of us long suspected that Bishop slept with Mavis, which explains Lady Mae's enmity toward her.

Given that Jacob is the poster boy for "Can't Do Nuthin' Right," it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he unwittingly hitched his wagon to yet another shady character.  

See, Basie is going to mess around and get Tasha's ass whooped.  Kerissa has schemed and worked too hard to go down without a fight.  Plus, she has a built-in hoe detector and she already raised an eyebrow when she saw Jacob place his hand over Tasha's last week.  I'm curious about who was lurking in the background during Basie's phone call.

I never trusted Tasha and mentioned upthread that people who are way too extra with trying to be helpful cause my bullshit detector to go into overdrive.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I never trusted Tasha and mentioned upthread that people who are way too extra with trying to be helpful cause my bullshit detector to go into overdrive.

I don't think Jacob trusts Tasha either.  Her being oh-so-helpful put him on High Alert!  The look he gave after showing her out was "Oh, Hell, NO!!!!"

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I don't think Jacob trusts Tasha either.  Her being oh-so-helpful put him on High Alert!  The look he gave after showing her out was "Oh, Hell, NO!!!!"

I can't stand Tasha and I wouldn't be surprised if she and Basie are brother and sister or something like that.

I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to sex.  I think it's more realistic to tell Zora to be SAFE, that a guy like what's his name, probably has a ton of groupies and she doesn't want her daughter to catch an STD.

• Love 1

Kevin has some nerve. “I’m ready to be a father now.” He had nine months to get ready.

I did not see the Rochelle/Basie connection coming but I think an unfortunate sex tape or baby may be in Bishop’s future. Bishop is a real hypocrite. He moves out of the bedroom after he learns Lady Mae had an affair a long time ago knowing he slept with her sister multiple times and it was his actions that caused Lady Mae to cheat?

I can't criticize Lady Mae since she's dealing with a lot of emotion with what Mavis told her. Under any other circumstances she wouldn't have kicked Bishop out knowing Rochelle is slithering around her husband.  

Jacob doesn’t have a good read on people. He couldn’t see there’s something wrong with his parents and he couldn’t tell from Zora and Isaiah’s dance something was off. While Zora was good at pretending, Isaiah wasn’t. However, I did laugh at his face when he sat at the table after Kerissa told him about Zora and Isaiah.

Ugh, Isaiah, repeating the same thing every abuser says. Zora is so mixed up. I feel for the girl. She probably feels she can’t go to anyone in her family. Everything at the cotillion went down the wrong way. No regrets about Jacob hitting Isaiah but not in front of everyone.

Next season should be really good.

• Love 6