Type keyword(s) to search

Greenleaf - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow, the show must've had a huge product placement deal with a luxury car dealership for this episode.

Poor Zora. I'll be amazed if she doesn't end up dead or close to it.

How big of a fool is Jacob? He and his weak daddy, tsk. And did all he and Tasha do was kiss? Why are they both acting like it was so much more than that?

she's only leaving to prove her family wrong.

I think she's leaving because for whatever reason she doesn't think she can do better. She's watched her mother and grandmother get mistreated by the very men who were supposed to love, honor, and respect them above all others. At some subconscious level she probably sees it as her fate to be with someone like Isaiah.

51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think she's leaving because for whatever reason she doesn't think she can do better. She's watched her mother and grandmother get mistreated by the very men who were supposed to love, honor, and respect them above all others. At some subconscious level she probably sees it as her fate to be with someone like Isaiah.

That’s awful. I wonder where your mind has to be at 18 to think you cannot “do better”. I’m not so quick to blame this on the Greenleaf elders though.

Bishop and Jacob have done a lot of wrong as husbands (not excusing that) but neither of them would do anything close to what Isaiah has already done to her (no matter how angry or resentful they became towards their spouse). I’m not comfortable putting being a bad husband or unfaithful (with another consenting adult) near the same category as hitting someone. I am now starting to wonder if Zora IS pregnant and that’s why she’s so stuck on him, thinking her parents would disown her etc. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7

I’m not comfortable putting being a bad husband or unfaithful (with another consenting adult) near the same category as hitting someone.

I'm not either and wasn't trying to do that. But I do think women being mistreated by their partners has been modeled to Zora and for whatever reason she's taken the wrong lesson from it. Guys like Isaiah don't usually happen upon their victims by accident.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm not either and wasn't trying to do that. But I do think women being mistreated by their partners has been modeled to Zora and for whatever reason she's taken the wrong lesson from it. Guys like Isaiah don't usually happen upon their victims by accident.

I see where you’re coming from. 

Youre so right, these types are predators and prey on the vulnerabilities of other human beings. 

• Love 1

This was one juicy episode!

Charity normally gets on my nerves but for this episode, she was my hero. As much as she might find Zora to be an annoying and ungrateful brat, she was ready to race to and beat the mess out of Isaiah to protect her, despite rocking heels and a tight dress. And it looks like she found her calling: comforting those suffering grief.  Charity, you deserve a medal!

As for Lady Mae, I honestly applaud her for how she remain composed despite the mess happening around her. She's the living epitome of the "dragon mother", but, surprisingly, she was pretty empathetic and patient in this episode. As much as I understand that Kerissa was out of her mind with worry over Zora, I still think she was way out of line what she said about Faith.  If I was in Lady Mae's shoes, I would've punched her lights out, daughter-in-law or not. And Kerissa has no one to blame but herself and Jacob for how Zora turned out. If they weren't so busy with their own agendas and spoiling Zora and not enforcing discipline, they probably wouldn't need to rely on Mae to get their own daughter straight. 

Speaking of Jacob, while I understand Kerissa being afraid of things escalating, I don't think she was right in trying to prevent him in being involved in the Zora issue. He's Zora's other parent; he should be involved as well. And I can't understand how and why she would expect a loving father to remain calm and composed when his daughter is going off to a boy that physically and emotionally abuses her. If anything, Jacob's hot temper might've been a great help. Kerissa's soft approach has proven to be consistently ineffective. She tried to give Zora the benefit of  doubt that she wasn't stealing from the church, only for her to find out that Zora was in fact stealing. She tried to be kind and understanding yet Zora threatened to leave any way during the Bishop's Round Table event. Meanwhile Jacob seems to have finally have his daughter figured out: the kind and gentle approach isn't going to work on someone stubborn and self-centered like Zora. She might need tough love along with counseling. 

Had I mentioned that Kerissa really pissed me off in this episode? I think I did. ;P  

On 10/16/2018 at 11:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I agree. Let her go with one suitcase of clothes and one month of cell phone, BUT how Lady Mae acted was due to her not respecting her place as a “grandmother”, Kerrissa may be 100% wrong but Zora is her daughter and she can buy her whatever she wants with her own money. 

I think the Greenleafs love each other but there are huge boundary and trust issues in that family which get in the way of authentic intimacy (I don’t mean sexual/romantic intimacy I mean emotional intimacy between family).

True. That said, I do think Kerissa and Jacob should've run it by Lady Mae. By not informing Mae and straight up offering Zora tickets and a way out of punishment, they undermined her authority and just reinforce to Zora that any punishment she's given, she can rely on her parents to bail her out. 

And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I agree with you. I think all of the Greenleafs love each other, but issues of trust and past hurt and other problems get in the way of more opportunities for closeness. Hopefully Iyanla will return and do a Greenleaf family edition of "Fix My Life." 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:42 PM, Scarlett45 said:

That’s awful. I wonder where your mind has to be at 18 to think you cannot “do better”. I’m not so quick to blame this on the Greenleaf elders though.

Bishop and Jacob have done a lot of wrong as husbands (not excusing that) but neither of them would do anything close to what Isaiah has already done to her (no matter how angry or resentful they became towards their spouse). I’m not comfortable putting being a bad husband or unfaithful (with another consenting adult) near the same category as hitting someone. I am now starting to wonder if Zora IS pregnant and that’s why she’s so stuck on him, thinking her parents would disown her etc. 

Bishop and Jacob are treading on thin ice for me, but I don't think it's fair to put them on the same level as Isaiah as well. When it comes to Zora, the only thing I will blame on the Greenleaf elders is spoiling the kid and not enforcing discipline and waiting until the last minute to do so. I truly believe that Zora's determination to stay with Isaiah stems from other issues that  have little to nothing to do with her family. Isaiah is her first serious boyfriend and who she lost her virginity to.  So, logic goes out the window. Additionally, until the show disproves this theory, I believe that Zora was molested/raped by Mac and internalized the idea that she doesn't deserve better because she's "damaged." And last but not least, I think the show is addressing colorism; I don't think it's an accident Zora has a light-skinned boyfriend. As much as I believe Kerissa did her best to validate Zora and give her a sense of self-worth and self-love, that's not going to stop others (especially kids who can be incredibly cruel) from saying things about Zora's color and pressuring her to have a cute light-skinned boyfriend who is also a star.  I suspect Zora internalized some colorist views and those in turn are influencing her decision in continuing to stay with the punk. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Risha17 said:

He's Zora's other parent; he should be involved as well. And I can't understand how and why she would expect a loving father to remain calm and composed when his daughter is going off to a boy that physically and emotionally abuses her. If anything, Jacob's hot temper might've been a great help. 

I liked your entire post but wanted to address this part- I think Kerrissa shut down Jacob because she was terrified he would hit the boy again and he would press charges. She would have her husband, a black man in jail (at least until he made bail) facing an assault charge AND a daughter who’s run off. Kerrissa was out of line with the comment about Faith but she apologized  that same day, took responsibly for her inappropriate comment so I don’t think it’s a mark against her character. 

As far as why Zora is into Isaiah, sometimes people have low self esteem and it has nothing to do with their lack of parental love or anything like that. I have a cousin who was in the situation the woman Grace is helping is in- she actually served time for second degree murder for killing her abusive husband (this was in the 1980s). She said going to prison made her see how much she did have, 2 parents that loved her, no addictions or abuse in the home, she knew her kids were safe, she had siblings that loved her etc but she still fell into low self image and ended up with an abusive guy, too scared to tell her family, ashamed etc; she lost 10yrs of her life. She now speaks to women who are survivors of abuse and/or getting out of prison. This isn’t a game. I think the writers put the story in to show us where Zora might end up. And they are bringing up Mac again which isn’t an accident. 

• Love 3

Great episode tonight.  Was that Keith David doing his own singing?  Great voice!

The silent scene when Lady Mae signed the divorce papers spoke more volumes than any words could have done.  Both actors’ facial expressions were heartbreaking.

• Love 7

Wonder if the divorce includes spousal support? If Lady Mae is getting the estate she's going to need to pay for property taxes, groundskeeping, maintenance, the household staff, etc. She may not be able to afford all that on her own even if she does start up her own ministry.

Bishop is going to realize he's the biggest fool. Rochelle plays him like a piano.

• Love 7
On 10/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, Arcadiasw said:

I thought it was implied he did since he wiped himself when driving home and took a shower when he got home.

Really, all that for a kiss? Since when does Jacob have such guilts?

21 hours ago, Dee said:

In a more equitable world, tonight's episode would guarantee Keith David an Emmy.

Yes! His performance was stellar! Also, nobody can stare a person down like Lady Mae (Lynn Whitfield). She doesn't have to utter a word.  Superb acting this episode.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

"Have I made that much already?"

No, Bishop. Rochelle and Basie has made that much already.

I agree Keith David deserves another Emmy or at least a nomination. Would be great if the Image Awards or the Golden Globes recognize him.

I forgot Keith had a voice. I know he sang in The Princess and the Frog. Shame on Greenleaf making us wait this long to hear it. Keith David has aged very well. I haven’t seen many of Keith David’s earlier work but judging from that photo of him he was a very attractive young man.  

I stand corrected. I thought the show written off Bishop's Parkinson's. At least they are consistent.

I think Sophia needs her space like Grace needed her space when she left the church. You can’t force that on people or say, “You need to go to church” if someone is going through a difficult time. That doesn’t work for everyone. Sophia has to come to that on her own.

I agree with Bishop it's very fast for Aaron and Kevin to marry. How long has Kevin and Charity's divorce been final? Can't blame Charity for her feelings.

I was hoping Lady Mae and Bishop wouldn’t sign the papers. Can’t wait for next week. The show knows how to splice together great teases.

• Love 4

Great episode tonight!  So many revelations and tying up of loose ends.  Good for Charity to dump the judgmental homophobic guy right from the start.

Best line of the night: “She (Tasha) is three Egyptian cotton sheets to the wind.”

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

She really does not like or respect him.

Yes! And vice versa. He really doesn't appreciate her contributions to their marriage and is constant need of validation of other women.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dee said:

Jacob & Kerissa need to divorce.

Agreed. I don't think counseling will work but is Kerissa willing to let go of her status as First Lady? 

Bravo to whoever called it Grace is Lionel and Lady Mae's kid. However, I hate to think they are going with the coloring route like on Queen Sugar with RA and Darla.

Run, Zora!! Zora, you can transfer to another school or get a GED so don't listen to that loser trash. I get with casting and money we can't see the boy's parents but no scene of Kerissa and Jacob on the phone talking to them, trying to get their daughter back? You would think his parents will be a little sympathetic to their situation. 

Next week looks good!!!!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Agreed. I don't think counseling will work but is Kerissa willing to let go of her status as First Lady? 

Bravo to whoever called it Grace is Lionel and Lady Mae's kid. However, I hate to think they are going with the coloring route like on Queen Sugar with RA and Darla.

Run, Zora!! Zora, you can transfer to another school or get a GED so don't listen to that loser trash. I get with casting and money we can't see the boy's parents but no scene of Kerissa and Jacob on the phone talking to them, trying to get their daughter back? You would think his parents will be a little sympathetic to their situation. 

Next week looks good!!!!

I didn’t watch the episode last night so my response is solely based on this comment.

Kerissa lives for being the First Lady. She likes to have the people look up to her. I still haven’t forgotten how nasty she was to Grace when she returned.

As for Grace not being the Bishop’s daughter-again I haven’t seen the episode- the “she is light skinned” is cheap but something a lot of us do in the black community. To see a very ignorant version, look on Maury or Paternity Court and watch the men say they aren’t the daddy because the baby is too dark or too light*. It is obvious when the baby is a whole other race but skin color is not that big of an indicator.

*off topic but this was my favorite

Potential Daddy: I’m midnight and she (mama) is 11:59 (meaning dark skin) and that baby is 8:30. 

He was NOT the father. 

Believe me when I say I fell completely OUT!!!!! (I never claimed to be classy.)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Bravo to whoever called it Grace is Lionel and Lady Mae's kid.

Okay wait what?!! I’m all behind because of my Halloween programming!!!

On 10/26/2018 at 6:26 PM, Arcadiasw said:

"Have I made that much already?"

No, Bishop. Rochelle and Basie has made that much already.

I agree Keith David deserves another Emmy or at least a nomination. Would be great if the Image Awards or the Golden Globes recognize him.

I forgot Keith had a voice. I know he sang in The Princess and the Frog. Shame on Greenleaf making us wait this long to hear it. Keith David has aged very well. I haven’t seen many of Keith David’s earlier work but judging from that photo of him he was a very attractive young man.  

I stand corrected. I thought the show written off Bishop's Parkinson's. At least they are consistent.

I think Sophia needs her space like Grace needed her space when she left the church. You can’t force that on people or say, “You need to go to church” if someone is going through a difficult time. That doesn’t work for everyone. Sophia has to come to that on her own.

I agree with Bishop it's very fast for Aaron and Kevin to marry. How long has Kevin and Charity's divorce been final? Can't blame Charity for her feelings.

I was hoping Lady Mae and Bishop wouldn’t sign the papers. Can’t wait for next week. The show knows how to splice together great teases.

Ditto to your entire post. Kevin and Charity just got divorced! That baby isn’t a year old no? Or just barely. I think Kevin misses being married and the stability (seems like he and Charity were together for a long time), but Aaron should know better. 

Yes yes yes yes to an Emmy for Keith David!!!

Zora please get away from that boy. Please I’m begging you. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
On 11/1/2018 at 9:36 AM, Arcadiasw said:

Next week looks good!!!!

WORD to all of this! I kept reading theories that Grace was Bishop and Mavis' daughter, which would have explained Lady Mae's animosity but it made no sense to me. I didn't want to believe that Grace might be Lady Mae and Lionel's daughter either.  But, something in Lady Mae's demeanor when she was informed that Lionel was calling made me highly suspicious.  My spidey senses went into overdrive when her good friend kept mentioning letting Grace preach.  So, of course, I screamed, "I KNEW IT!" when Lionel opened that door and said he wanted to talk about his daughter.  And, why do I get the sense that Mae's friend wants to ultimately take over that church?

So, all the pieces have finally come together about the extent of the James/Skanks family's treachery.  When Grace gave Bishop the lowdown on HoeChelle, the look on his face was everything!  It's that moment when someone who considers himself street smart and hip to the wiles of women with Jezebel spirits realizes that he got played, hoodwinked, bamboozled, conned and had--BAD.  His friend, Percy, even tried to warn Bishop in his own way but Miss Thing had his nose so wide you could drive a truck through it.  Tasha drinking straight Jack Daniels out the bottle? WOW...dare I hope that we are done with the James/Skanks family after this season?

Good for Charity in kicking her homophobic, out-of-line, would-be suitor to the curb before she got in too deep.  It was the wake-up call that she needed about Kevin's struggle. I binge watched the first couple of seasons on Netflix last weekend.  When Charity proposed a sermon series on marriage, she was shot down and Mae asked her point blank what she would know about the seasons of marriage when she and Kevin had only been married for three years.  That's why it was a big deal for Charity that Kevin finally wanted to start a family.  I was also reminded that Charity and Kevin said that they were each other's best friends. So, I'm not surprised that she wouldn't let this clown badmouth a man who was not only her child's father, but it also showed that she genuinely still cares about Kevin as a person.  

Kerissa and Jacob...I don't see their marriage surviving this. They only had counseling on a superficial level because Jacob wasn't fully committed to it and only decided he wanted to make his marriage work because he didn't want another man touching Kerissa.  Her trust issues are valid, and the way she talks to him--like a child--makes me cringe sometimes but I can't say that I blame her. It's bad enough that his "sickness" allowed Tasha to work her con and to put them in legal and financial jeopardy, but Kerissa also blames Jacob for Zora (her pride and joy) being gone. 

Zora--RUN--don't walk to the nearest exit!  Your so-called boyfriend not only verbally, emotionally and physically abuses you (with your permission), but he didn't even want to admit to some stan that you were his girlfriend. Plus, you got sense enough to know that everything isn't what it should be and as quiet as it's kept, your family will welcome you back like the prodigal daughter.

• Love 3

Lady Mae has a lot of nerve kicking the Bishop to the curb when she had an affair and baby with another man while married to him!! I wonder if the Bishop knows. And if he does know, why hasn't he brought up her lying and cheating when she starts telling him to get out of the house and treating him like a dog. He seems to hold back his anger with her, I wish he would really lay in to her. They are both lowdown. This could get realllllly ugly and I'm here for it!

• Love 4

Wow, never thought we'd see Pastor Jidenna again. Good casting of Rochelle because those two really look to me like they could be siblings.

I'm betting Tasha is not long for this world unless she decides to turn state's evidence against Rochelle and Basie.

Yeah, Lady Mae might be the biggest hypocrite of them all. Yet she's so quick to deflect blame.

Still waiting for Miss Patti cut loose with song. Guess they're saving it for the finale.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Lady Mae has a lot of nerve kicking the Bishop to the curb when she had an affair and baby with another man while married to him!! I wonder if the Bishop knows. And if he does know, why hasn't he brought up her lying and cheating when she starts telling him to get out of the house and treating him like a dog. He seems to hold back his anger with her, I wish he would really lay in to her. They are both lowdown. This could get realllllly ugly and I'm here for it!

The story between Lady Mae and Bishop affairs started years ago. Bishop had an affair with Lady Mae's sister. Lady Mae forgave Bishop because he told her it happened once but in retaliation Lady Mae had an affair with Lionel. Wednesday we learn Lionel and Mae know Grace isn't Bishop's kid and kept it a secret. I assume Bishop thinks Grace is his.

At the end of last season Bishop finds out about Mae and Lionel's affair. He's upset with her but doesn't acknowledge it was his affair with Mae's sister that led Mae to cheat. Lady Mae confronts her sister blaming her for the current troubles in her marriage but learns Bishop's affair with her sister wasn't a one time thing which starts the breakdown of their marriage to Mae kicking him out slowly sending him into Rochelle's arms. 

Hypocrisy galore!!

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 7

Kerissa owns Zora's mess!  She babied her and blocked every attempt at discipline.  Zora is her creation.  Jacob's actions are wrong, but he should move on.  His wife does not respect him and I wager never has.  She comes across as a social climber and not someone who truly believes in him (Even before his cheating).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tony Williams said:

Kerissa owns Zora's mess!  She babied her and blocked every attempt at discipline.  Zora is her creation.  Jacob's actions are wrong, but he should move on.  His wife does not respect him and I wager never has.  She comes across as a social climber and not someone who truly believes in him (Even before his cheating).

Agree! The only good thing about Kerissa is her thick hair and even it looks like a helmet sometimes. I guess she is too holy to jazz it up but she could use some color and styling products. She looks too old too.

i do think, too, that she is more interested in being a Greenleaf of the “Calvary Greenleaf Family” and First Lady of whatever church Jacob could lead. She wants to be important. Look how quickly she swooped in on the “I will show them who the real First Lady is”. 

I finally saw the episode and Lawdcheesus these folks are drama filled. Lionel is talking about “his daughter”. Lady Mae can’t hide her contempt of Grace from Pastor Patti and just looks the damn fool. Bishop IS a damn fool sniffing behind Rochelle like a teenage boy meeting a pretty girl for the first time. Grace figuring out who Rochelle is. Basie showing back up. (Hope he doesn’t hurt Tasha. I like her trashy ass.) Zora needs to put some Shug Avery pee in Isaiah’s water.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

The story between Lady Mae and Bishop affairs started years ago. Bishop had an affair with Lady Mae's sister. Lady Mae forgave Bishop because he told her it happened once but in retaliation Lady Mae had an affair with Lionel. Wednesday we learn Lionel and Mae know Grace isn't Bishop's kid and kept it a secret. I assume Bishop thinks Grace is his.

At the end of last season Bishop finds out about Mae and Lionel's affair. He's upset with her but doesn't acknowledge it was his affair with Mae's sister that led Mae to cheat. Lady Mae confronts her sister blaming her for the current troubles in her marriage but learns Bishop's affair with her sister wasn't a one time thing which starts the breakdown of their marriage to Mae kicking him out slowly sending him into Rochelle's arms. 

Hypocrisy galore!!

Thanks for sorting all that out for me! 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:36 AM, Arcadiasw said:

Lionel didn't strike me as all that lighter than the Bishop (as opposed to Darla).  Grace's much lighter skin than her siblings hasn;t been an issue before (as I recall -- I could be wrong), so I hope it doesn't now.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

Lady Mae has a lot of nerve kicking the Bishop to the curb when she had an affair and baby with another man while married to him!!

I think she had a one-time fling with Lionel (who was not related to the Bishop) while James had an on-going affair with her sister.  She may be a hypocrite but not that wrong, I think.

23 hours ago, Tony Williams said:

Jacob's actions are wrong, but he should move on.

I wouldn't mind if Jacob and Tasha hooked up again -- they were cute together, and she really does see him as a good man.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

No way was the show going to let viewers  cheer for Lady Mae over the Bishop. When it became clear that the show wasn’t going the Bishop and Mavis as Grace’s parents route, I wondered if the reveal would be that Grace was a product of rape, as nothing else could explain Mae hating Grace for just existing. I guess we are to conclude that living under the constant fear of her treachery being discovered cause Mae to resent Grace, and the new reveal will be that Grace really is the Bishop’s child and all of this was for nothing.

• Love 3

Next week looks good!!!!

Okay, I’ll admit it. I’ve been working with the theory that Grace was actually the result of the Bishop’s affair with Mavis. Mae took the baby as her own for respectabilty’s sake, but resented her ever since, causing their strained relationship. So I was right about Grace being the child of an affair; looks like I missed the mark on which affair. 

• Love 1

This was a fantastic finale! I really hate that we have to wait another week, but c'est la vie. 

On 10/31/2018 at 11:43 PM, Dee said:

Jacob & Kerissa need to divorce.

Jacob and Kerissa are the couple that should've divorced in this season, not Bishop and Mae.  For all the latter pair's individual and collective faults, you could definitely tell that they do love each other since both had to drag their feet to sign the divorce papers and looked so pained doing it. I also do recall in previous seasons, they at least like(d) and respect(ed) each other. Can't say the same for Jacob and Kerissa; they are truly a match made in hell. Jacob has a roving eye, a more fragile ego and needs a lot of validation. So he basically needs a partner who is secure enough in herself to not be bothered by him looking at other woman and knows/thinks he won't stray, believes in him and will pat him on the head and tell him he's fine. Kerissa is verbally abusive, deflects blame and accountability, doesn't trust easily, and is a ruthless social climber.  Therefore needs a partner who doesn't suffer a roving eye problem, can easily let her insults roll off his back like water does a duck, has no problem playing second fiddle to her wants and needs, and will go along with or at least supports her ambitions.  

Next week looks good!!!!

If the show is really planning on sticking to the reveal that Grace is Lionel's daughter, then I'm going to be highly disappointed. Besides it being predictable "plot-twist", I was hoping Oprah and the writers would know better than to follow an ignorant mindset that unfortunately is used a lot in the black community. The whole coloring idea hits a sore spot for me. I'm light-skinned while both of my parents are dark-skinned and I had to deal with for years, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers assuming I was either adopted or my mother slept with a light-skinned man. Took an Ancestry test (not to prove maternity/paternity, but find out African and other ancestry) and no surprise, both my parents are my biological parents. Sometimes, genetics play like a game of roulette: you're not going to know what you going to get. I really hope the whole "Lionel is Grace's bio-daddy" is a red-herring and Mae shoots the idea down immediately, or it's someone unexpected who turns out to be the daughter Lionel is talking about.

Hopefully Zora is as smart as her GPA suggested and she does try to transfer to another school or at least get a GED instead of listening to Ike Junior. And speaking of school, am I the only who caught that Zora is looking at her mother's alma mater (Spelman)? I found that fact kinda touching.  

As for Isaiah's parents, maybe they aren't that sympathetic to Jacob and Kerissa's plight. I wouldn't be surprised if turns out Isaiah has a domineering and abusive dad and a submissive and frightened mom and his father (who calls the shots) thinks Isaiah is acting like a "real" man should act. 

13 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I wouldn't mind if Jacob and Tasha hooked up again -- they were cute together, and she really does see him as a good man.

I no longer support Jacob and Kerissa working things out, so I'm all for Jacob and Tasha hooking up again or even getting together further along the line (provided Tasha doesn't get killed). They do have better chemistry than Jacob & Kerissa and I think they could be good for each other. Both of them had to deal with people thinking the worst of them and judging them for past deeds, have spouses who don't see their worth, and Tasha really sees the good in Jacob while Jacob seems to prefer Tasha's personality than he does Kerissa's and seems to think she's more than a "gold-plated hussy". 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:57 PM, Tony Williams said:

Preach! Zora acting out can be placed mostly on Jacob and Kerissa's shoulders (especially hers). As I said before, Jacob seemed to have his daughter pinged right and while Kerissa tries so hard to be Zora's friend and thinking that's going to work on someone like Zora. The Zora situation pretty much highlights another reason why they should divorce: they can't agree on how to raise kids. 

• Love 5

Wasn't Faith also light-skinned? I remember thinking that she and Grace resembled each other. I don't think having Grace be Lionel's has anything to go with skin color. It's more about Mae's disdain for Grace.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2018 at 11:57 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, Lady Mae might be the biggest hypocrite of them all. Yet she's so quick to deflect 

It really shows how terrible Lady Mae is to put so much hatred on Grace when she's not at fault for existing. I guess Grace is a reminder how imperfect Lady Mae is. Smh

15 hours ago, TVForever said:

Okay, I’ll admit it. I’ve been working with the theory that Grace was actually the result of the Bishop’s affair with Mavis. Mae took the baby as her own for respectabilty’s sake, but resented her ever since, causing their strained relationship. So I was right about Grace being the child of an affair; looks like I missed the mark on which affair. 

I prefer this than what's currently going on with Lady Mae hating her own child.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, MZ. ATTITUDE said:

It it me ... or does kerissia look 2 old for jacob?

Yes! She does. That’s why I wish Tasha and Jacob could be together, if they were both SINGLE of course.

19 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Did anyone get the screenshot of the email Zora got from Spellman?  It looked  she got accepted....

*Spelman (smile)

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Did anyone get the screenshot of the email Zora got from Spellman?  It looked  she got accepted....

They only received her application but the email requests Zora to respond to the email to set up an appointment with an admission advisor who will guide her to becoming a student. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

They only received her application but the email requests Zora to respond to the email to set up an appointment with an admission advisor who will guide her to becoming a student. 

Spelmanite here! (Yes, we call ourselves Spelmanites. Don’t judge. Lol) Zora needs to go back to school NOW!! And she needs to be taking her standardized tests over and over until she gets a real good score. GED ain’t getting her in Spelman. Hell, I might can’t get into Spelman today!!! She needs to go home, or even Lady Mae’s to live with Grace and Sophia. I’m hoping they reconcile for Zora’s sake. She needs Grace’s influence since neither her mother nor her grandmother are in touch with how kids her age actually live and breathe.

3 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Spelmanite here! (Yes, we call ourselves Spelmanites. Don’t judge. Lol) Zora needs to go back to school NOW!! And she needs to be taking her standardized tests over and over until she gets a real good score. GED ain’t getting her in Spelman. Hell, I might can’t get into Spelman today!!! She needs to go home, or even Lady Mae’s to live with Grace and Sophia. I’m hoping they reconcile for Zora’s sake. She needs Grace’s influence since neither her mother nor her grandmother are in touch with how kids her age actually live and breathe.

Judge. Judge. Judge. LOL! I'm kidding! Looking at the letter again is that a typical response from a college? Been a while for me. I think I received a letter saying they received my application but I only remember the ones where they said I'm accepted or I wasn't accepted. I can't recall being told to set up an appointment with an advisor while waiting for an acceptance letter

20181105_202804B.jpg

4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Judge. Judge. Judge. LOL! I'm kidding! Looking at the letter again is that a typical response from a college? Been a while for me. I think I received a letter saying they received my application but I only remember the ones where they said I'm accepted or I wasn't accepted. I can't recall being told to set up an appointment with an advisor while waiting for an acceptance letter

20181105_202804B.jpg

*giggle*

I don’t recall getting a letter like that but I graduated from high school twenty-(mumble) years ago. We didn’t have email and I definitely didn’t have anyone helping me through the application process. I’m sure this is a made-for-tv plot point.

• Love 1

All the gas lighting by Rochelle….. damn!

Well, Lady Mae didn’t think that through. “Oh, Lionel’s dead. I can keep my secret. Yay!” Did Lady Mae forget about Aaron? I thought she knew he was aware of the affair. Even if she didn’t, she didn’t think Lionel would make a deathbed confession to his son since he contacted her at the 11th hour wanting to talk to her about his daughter? Lionel was quite the player back then to have an affair with Lady Mae on this annual retreat with his wife and Bishop there! I’ve seen the younger Tim Reid on WKRP. I can see him using his charm.

I hope Zora is using protection. She doesn’t need to have a baby by Isaiah. Zora, it’s okay to admit you are wrong and go home. Isaiah isn’t worth it. He’s your first but that doesn’t mean anything other than he was your first. You can leave and get someone better.

I thought Basie killed Tasha but I saw her in next week’s tease.

With all the drama going on at Cavalry the past year from Mac to the FBI, it’s amazing people are still going to that church.

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 8

Wow! Great episode! So much coming to light, I can't wait for the next two episodes before the season ends. 

Grace asks Lady Mae if Lionel is her father. All Lady does is quietly say"I don't know", turns around and walks away leaving Grace hanging there. That woman is cold as ice. She was really nasty to Charity, too. She doesn't deserve to be a mother.  

Basie looked like a little twirp standing next to big, tall Jacob. Jacob should have beat the crap out of him right then and there. 

• Love 8

The new episode was outstanding. LeToya Luckett is killing it in this role. Rochelle is seriously going with playing innocent? Priceless.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm most interested in what's going to happen to/with Tasha.

Go, Charity! I wonder if we'll see the FBI agent again.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Grace asks Lady Mae if Lionel is her father. All Lady does is quietly say"I don't know", turns around and walks away leaving Grace hanging there. That woman is cold as ice. She was really nasty to Charity, too. She doesn't deserve to be a mother.  

Basie looked like a little twirp standing next to big, tall Jacob. Jacob should have beat the crap out of him right then and there. 

In the age of smart phones and being investigated by the FBI, wouldn't be a good look for Jacob. I did love Jacob getting back at his Dad when they met with the lawyer. "Dad, let the man talk" or something like that. Lol

Lady Mae is definitely an ice queen

28 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm most interested in what's going to happen to/with Tasha.

Go, Charity! I wonder if we'll see the FBI agent again.

She flirted enough to make a connection. :)

Tasha will need to do a prison break since Basie and Rochelle will take turns keeping an eye on her. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Quote of the night:

Maxine: “You know what you need to do...”

Mae: “Drink bleach and walk into traffic?”

I thought it was 

Bishop “you won’t get away with this” (storming away from Rochelle)

rochelle: “bitch I already did”

Rochelle gives Lady Mae a run for her money in the ice queen department 

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, Dee said:

Drunk/High Charity is the BEST.

Is it just me, but that baby always wear a hat ? Maybe it's cool on the set or something? Just seems odd, I has those caps for my baby also, but in the house she did not wear them.

• Love 2