Type keyword(s) to search

Greenleaf - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was an ugly necklace. Jacob's stupid, too. You would think he would learn from his last affair.  Grace is doing too much and if she wants to help, go in with an open mind and listen to her parents instead going back and forth, being accusatory and taking sides.

• Love 6

Guess Bishop and Lady Mae forgot that the secretary usually knows where some of their boss's bodies are buried. They're kind of bad about underestimating people and that may come back to bite them.

Rochelle doesn't lack for boldness, trying to step to Lady Mae and work Gigi at the same time. This is going to be a Battle Royale.

The Greenleafs can't get a mortgage on their mansion? It has to be worth a lot more than $2M.

That was an ugly necklace.

I didn't think it was ugly but it was rather dramatic. Not everyone has a strong enough personality or fashion style to pull off a necklace like that. It's probably not something Kerissa would've chosen for herself and it'll be interesting when she finds out Tasha was the one who picked it out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not everyone has a strong enough personality or fashion style to pull off a necklace like that. It's probably not something Kerissa would've chosen for herself and it'll be interesting when she finds out Tasha was the one who picked it out.

We know Tasha will eventually tell Kerissa just that, too!

Lynn Whitfield should win an emmy. She is amazing. Her facial expressions are like no other. She doesn't have to say a word. 

On a shallow note, Grace (Merle Dandridge) is a gorgeous woman. Her body is perfection and if she is sporting hair extensions they are the best I have ever seen.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7

I thought the necklace was..... interesting.  It looked ghetto fab on Tasha, but I thought Kerissa pulled it off.  But it doesn't seem like her style. I thought she was appreciative of the gesture than the actual gift.  

And yes, Merle is a beautiful woman.  Whoever casted Merle and her daughter did an outstanding job.

• Love 3

I really, really like this show, and I think every single actor is terrific, especially Merle Dandridge, Lynn Whitfield and the two young actresses that play Sophia and Zorah.

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 4

Ok- I’ve said upthread that there was no excuse for Kevin’s behavior (which there isn’t) but Charity don’t cut off your nose to spite your face by throwing away your tour and Jabhari!!

Lady Mae likes to make Grace the scape goat, but Grace mind your own business please. 

Kerissa would never wear a necklace like that- he would’ve done better giving her a simple pendant. Jacob is an idiot....those two were right to restrict their daughters phone and internet but she needs therapy ASAP, she still wants that boy after he hurt her badly. 

So who’s the big adversary this season?

10 hours ago, Kirkydee said:

I thought the necklace was..... interesting.  It looked ghetto fab on Tasha, but I thought Kerissa pulled it off.  But it doesn't seem like her style. I thought she was appreciative of the gesture than the actual gift.  

And yes, Merle is a beautiful woman.  Whoever casted Merle and her daughter did an outstanding job.

A necklace like that would look nice with a simple white or black stealth dress. Tasha is too “flashy” for more flashy jewelry. 

• Love 3

Well....

Zora has become quite the little manipulator, hasn’t she? I was just glad to see that Sophia was able to catch on fairly quickly and shut her down. 

I must say, for the cliffhanger of Zora running off with “whatshisface” last season, the resolution was awful. We didn’t even get a resolution- how on earth did they find the teens, and what happened to the boy? Did his parents come for him? Did Jacob give him another beat down? Hospital? Jail? Ran off and left her alone? I’m guessing the actor playing the boyfriend must not have been available for filming.

• Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 5:01 PM, TVForever said:

Well....

Zora has become quite the little manipulator, hasn’t she? I was just glad to see that Sophia was able to catch on fairly quickly and shut her down. 

I must say, for the cliffhanger of Zora running off with “whatshisface” last season, the resolution was awful. We didn’t even get a resolution- how on earth did they find the teens, and what happened to the boy? Did his parents come for him? Did Jacob give him another beat down? Hospital? Jail? Ran off and left her alone? I’m guessing the actor playing the boyfriend must not have been available for filming.

He did a couple episodes of “Insecure”, but I’d be happy if he never acted on any show ever again. He’s an awful actor. 

• Love 4

Uh, Sophia, if Jacob and Kerissa say "No phone", that means no phone, regardless of who Zora was going to call. Their house, their rules, not yours!

On 8/29/2018 at 10:33 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I was on Kevin's side, but having a visit from your new man, that you left your wife for, at the same time that you're demanding to care for your son, is a tad too messy.

I disagree.  I thought it was hypocritical of Charity to be all "Yay, gays! Whoo!!!" for the choir leader but her son might get "tainted" if he stays with two gay men.  Having Aaron there should actually reassure her that Kevin will be staying, and that thewre's another adult who can look after Nathan.  She lost points with me after that move.

On 8/30/2018 at 2:49 AM, Arcadiasw said:

Grace is doing too much and if she wants to help, go in with an open mind and listen to her parents instead going back and forth, being accusatory and taking sides.

Have you met Grace Greenleaf????

On 8/31/2018 at 5:50 AM, Scarlett45 said:

she needs therapy ASAP, she still wants that boy after he hurt her badly.

I think they said she's in councilling.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I disagree.  I thought it was hypocritical of Charity to be all "Yay, gays! Whoo!!!" for the choir leader but her son might get "tainted" if he stays with two gay men.  Having Aaron there should actually reassure her that Kevin will be staying, and that thewre's another adult who can look after Nathan.  She lost points with me after that move.

I didn’t see it as Charity feeling her son would be tainted by staying with two men, I took it as Charity is still hurting over she and Kevin’s failed marriage and his boyfriend’s presence reminded her of that. 

Of course that’s STILL petty and not right, and she lost points with me as well. Not saying your view is wrong is just saw it differently. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I didn’t see it as Charity feeling her son would be tainted by staying with two men, I took it as Charity is still hurting over she and Kevin’s failed marriage and his boyfriend’s presence reminded her of that.

You could be right.  The "optics" of it looked bad to me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeopardy15 said:

He did a couple episodes of “Insecure”, but I’d be happy if he never acted on any show ever again. He’s an awful actor. 

I think Roshon is more of an entertainer than actor.  I know him from watching him on Disney with my kids ( I think it was Shake it up with Zendaya).  His dad Roy has been acting for a long time.  If anybody watched those Robert Townsend movies and HBO specials in the 80s he was usually there

Well Bishop and Charity shot themselves in the foot. 

Lynn Whitfield was awesome in her scenes.

Bishop is a dead man having Rochelle in his home next week.

Why hasn't Zora gotten any counseling? Having her on lockdown isn't enough. Next week with Zora and Sophia look intense. 

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Why hasn't Zora gotten any counseling? Having her on lockdown isn't enough. Next week with Zora and Sophia look intense. 

I thought Kerrissa said in episode one they were going to put her in counseling for teens  who had experienced domestic violence?

I do feel for Jacob and Kerrissa right now- no parent wants to think their child is a theif (and from the church mind you). Jacob gave her a chance to come clean and she kept lying!

Lynn Whitfield was the stand out actor in his episode. She really brought it. 

• Love 6

"You're not divorcing me! I'm divorcing you!" Bishop does not play, unless it's a game of chicken with his betrayed wife.

It continues to surprise me that Lady Mae drives herself. She seems like the chauffeured type to me. Someone who would not want to do something so common as to drive themselves.

What's going on in Memphis that people can just hand over $50K checks so casually?

Shouldn't Charity's baby have been facing towards the rear of the car in that carseat? I was scared Charity was so overwrought she was going to get in an accident and the baby would get smushed.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought Kerrissa said in episode one they were going to put her in counseling for teens  who had experienced domestic violence?

I do feel for Jacob and Kerrissa right now- no parent wants to think their child is a theif (and from the church mind you). Jacob gave her a chance to come clean and she kept lying!

I wonder how much Zora was taking from the collection plate each time for it to be noticed money was missing or if Tasha saw her and conveniently alerted Jacob money was taken. 

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It continues to surprise me that Lady Mae drives herself. She seems like the chauffeured type to me. Someone who would not want to do something so common as to drive themselves.

What's going on in Memphis that people can just hand over $50K checks so casually?

I don't know but I want in!  

As for Lady Mae, I think there was a softening of her character since last season because Season One Lady Mae didn't seem the type to go to a club or talk to the patrons there. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Arcadiasw said:

As for Lady Mae, I think there was a softening of her character since last season because Season One Lady Mae didn't seem the type to go to a club or talk to the patrons there. 

I think learning that her brother really did rape her daughter (and other girls too), combined with the guilt of having not believed her would do a number on anyone. Lady Mae is questioning her choices. 

• Love 7

I like that Jacob doesn't have blinders on when it comes to Zora. Kerissa has a way to go, though. She was quick to think Zora wouldn't steal the money. 

I think Charity is headed for a breakdown. She's a lost soul and it seems her parents don't give a damn about her. Really, the Bishop and Lady Mae suck at parenting. The Bishop hates Jacob, Lady Mae hates Grace, Charity is the forgotten one and then there's the sister who killed herself. Wow, good job folks. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Charity is headed for a breakdown. She's a lost soul and it seems her parents don't give a damn about her. Really, the Bishop and Lady Mae suck at parenting. The Bishop hates Jacob, Lady Mae hates Grace, Charity is the forgotten one and then there's the sister who killed herself. Wow, good job folks. 

Charity was always the “good”, “easy” kid, the only time she got attention was when she was pregnant and when Kevin came out. Kerrissa seems to be there for her (good!), but the squeaky wheel gets the oil and she doesn’t squeak until she hits rock bottom. 

• Love 4

So much in this episode.  Was there a scene cut from the show dealing with Tasha?  All of a sudden, she isn't down with the program to destroy the Greenleafs?  Her argument with Basie's sister came completely out of nowhere.  One scene Tasha is sowing discord about the offering and the next she's looking hurt about going after the Greenleafs.  Earlier episodes they were thick as thieves plotting the Greenleaf's downfall.

Also, was there a scene cut where Tasha saw Zora take the money out of the offering?  Doubtful Zora would be stupid enough to take it out of closed envelopes.  And, we saw her take cash from the bucket.  No one is going to miss a $20 here or a $50 there.  Especially, with the money the church brings in every Sunday.  Tasha came up with the story with the envelopes to cast suspicion on Zora.

Jacob calling out Bishop about teaching marriage classes was too funny.  Goes to show it's way easier to counsel others about their issues, but when it's personal, all bets are off.

Poor Charity.  She trying to micromanage Kevin has totally screwed up her life.  The actress playing Charity must not have any kids because she looked so uncomfortable holding the baby in Kevin's apartment.  Even the baby looked like he was having a hard time.  Jabari is smart and knows to leave immature alone.  So, he just let her out of the contract that she signed?  Hard lesson to learn about keeping business and pleasure separate.

• Love 3
On 9/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, PsychoDrone said:

So much in this episode.  Was there a scene cut from the show dealing with Tasha?  All of a sudden, she isn't down with the program to destroy the Greenleafs?  Her argument with Basie's sister came completely out of nowhere.  One scene Tasha is sowing discord about the offering and the next she's looking hurt about going after the Greenleafs.  Earlier episodes they were thick as thieves plotting the Greenleaf's downfall.

I have a feeling Tasha is genuinely falling for Jacob. I see an affair in their future, and just when I was starting to really like this improved Jacob. 

• Love 4

Lynn Whitfield is so good. When the series began, who would have thought that I would be Team Lady Mae, but Whitfield makes me feel for her. I just wish she would stop blaming Grace for everything. Yes Grace is a busybody and know-it-all, but she is desperate for your love and approval in her own way, she just doesn’t know how to thaw the ice between you.

• Love 3

Zora is being a bitch. Yes she’s 17 but she’s old enough to know better. She’s lied to her parents consistently, she’s been cruel to her cousin- for WHAT?! Because they don’t want her with a boy that hits her? I understand the psychology of domestic violence and that she needs help- but there’s no reason for her to be so evil to her family that’s always been loving towards her. 

• Love 6

Kevin is trippin'. He left, without his son, without a word for weeks (months?). Charity has been gone a week, with her son, being a good mother, and he calls the police on her? PUH-LEASE. It's like, he fucked up, now he has to come back hard to prove he's a good dad.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Kevin is trippin'. He left, without his son, without a word for weeks (months?). Charity has been gone a week, with her son, being a good mother, and he calls the police on her? PUH-LEASE. It's like, he fucked up, now he has to come back hard to prove he's a good dad.

It was months. Charity is calling and checking in. It’s not as if no one knows where she is. They RUINED Kevin’s character for stupid drama. Can we have one decent man on this show? Jacob and the Bishop are decent dads but not great husbands. 

I know Jacob and Kerrissa are frustrated and afraid but I don’t think lady mae’s House is the best idea. If Zora is almost 18 (that’s what it looks like) they should keep her on lock down and in therapy and explain if she doesn’t want to follow house rules the second she turns 18 she’s on her own with ONE suitcase of clothes and one month of a cell phone- she will need to leave their house and support herself the next day. If she wants to be grown let her be grown. 

Shes also delusional, didn’t we see her take money from the collection plate? Now she’s lying to her cousin about it? What’s wrong with her?!! Her parents aren’t perfect but it’s not as if they neglected her all these years- what flipped in her to make her behave this way?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Her parents aren’t perfect but it’s not as if they neglected her all these years- what flipped in her to make her behave this way?

An abusive boyfriend that beats her up yet continually tells her he loves her?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

I really would like to see a court scene of Kevin explaining himself to the judge how he abandoned his newborn child for months to find himself, probably didn't pay child support and why he was justified in calling the police on his ex for not contacting him on her whereabouts after a week or so. Charity needs a lawyer like the one Lady Mae has. 

With next week tease, I hate to think what happened between Sophia and her handsy boyfriend that she ends up in the hospital. 

We know she has her own ulterior motive but I do agree with Rochelle advising Karinne(sp) grandmother that she needs to contact her people before giving away so much money.

The looks Lady Mae shot at Bishop were hilarious. I can't believe no one suspected something off between them even with the Bishop's speech. 

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Zora is being a bitch. Yes she’s 17 but she’s old enough to know better. She’s lied to her parents consistently, she’s been cruel to her cousin- for WHAT?! Because they don’t want her with a boy that hits her? I understand the psychology of domestic violence and that she needs help- but there’s no reason for her to be so evil to her family that’s always been loving towards her. 

I see it as projecting on them since can't do it to her abusive boyfriend. Zora has always been portrayed as the bad girl while Sophia got the good girl label. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes I understand how she’s been manipulated by him and wants him back in her life.  I don’t see how that translates into hating her family now. Her being upset that they have “kept them apart” makes sense. The cruel words to her cousin are on another level in my mind.

@Arcadiasw had a good point above- projection maybe?

1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

With next week tease, I hate to think what happened between Sophia and her handsy boyfriend that she ends up in the hospital. 

I would hate to think it was the boyfriend- he seems nice (no clues like Zora’s boyfriend). I was thinking it was something benign and random (like a ruptured appendix) and they are faking us out. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Arcadiasw said:

I see why Charity is left out of the adult stuff. "I gonna come from a broken home." How old is she? Geez. And just like Lady Mae blames Grace because she returned home?? Jacob's facial reaction during that scene did have me laughing. I'm glad Bishop hasn't fallen for Rochelle tricks but being around her often will start rumors. Wouldn't Kevin's case be weak to go to court with since he walked out on his son? 

Bishop is genuinely attracted to  Rochelle. I am proud of him that he stood in his faith in spite of being on the edge.  Rochelle is a beautiful woman , Lady Mae is pushing him right into her arms.

They need to get past this crap even if they have to live like roommates.  Greenleaf is beautifully produced, the setting is awesome. I love looking at beautiful black people on television. Zora needs her father to take a strap to her ass. Discipline has to start at a very young age. Charity needs counseling, the  trauma of losing her marriage, and now losing a boyfriend and still trying to be a good mother (life stuff) ..maybe counseling will help and a lot of prayer.  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, byrd said:

Charity needs counseling, the  trauma of losing her marriage, and now losing a boyfriend and still trying to be a good mother (life stuff) ..maybe counseling will help and a lot of prayer.  

Well said. Charity tires to “do the right thing” and no one pays attention to her because she doesn’t act out. She needs some good counseling and emotional support. Kerissa was there for her but was focused on Zora (rightly so). Does Charity have friends she can lean on?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Plus she had sex with Isaiah. Anything resembling reason or good judgement has flown out the window. Her only objective is to get to him and anyone standing in her way is the enemy.

I think Lady Mae is too confident in her ability to control Zora. That's a big house, and it's much easier to sneak out without someone noticing. Not to mention that Mae is busy with her own issues.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, byrd said:

Bishop is genuinely attracted to  Rochelle. I am proud of him that he stood in his faith in spite of being on the edge.  Rochelle is a beautiful woman , Lady Mae is pushing him right into her arms.

They need to get past this crap even if they have to live like roommates.  Greenleaf is beautifully produced, the setting is awesome. I love looking at beautiful black people on television. Zora needs her father to take a strap to her ass. Discipline has to start at a very young age. Charity needs counseling, the  trauma of losing her marriage, and now losing a boyfriend and still trying to be a good mother (life stuff) ..maybe counseling will help and a lot of prayer.  

Charity also lost a child, too. It's a double slap to her face what Kevin is doing.  

Bishop and Lady Mae need to talk and counseling themselves but they won't do either. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Well said. Charity tires to “do the right thing” and no one pays attention to her because she doesn’t act out. She needs some good counseling and emotional support. Kerissa was there for her but was focused on Zora (rightly so). Does Charity have friends she can lean on?

5 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Plus she had sex with Isaiah. Anything resembling reason or good judgement has flown out the window. Her only objective is to get to him and anyone standing in her way is the enemy.

I think Lady Mae is too confident in her ability to control Zora. That's a big house, and it's much easier to sneak out without someone noticing. Not to mention that Mae is busy with her own issues.

Right you are. Lady Mae is on the edge herself.. maybe Zora will be a welcome distraction.. Interested to see if the Bishop has to turn to  Rochelle for that 2 million for taxes.  Rochelle looked like pure evil when sitting at the bar with her sister-in law.. I have to say she's playing a good part.  I wonder if Oprah will show up again ?  

• Love 5

Did anyone else notice that when Jacob and Kerissa were talking, he called her “Kiki”?  Very cute.

What was the point of showing the Bishop coming out of the shower in Mae’s room and having to explain why he didn’t use the guest bathroom?  I thought it was going to tie into something going on between the Bishop and Rochelle, but nothing came of it.

• Love 4

Wow, Lady Mae's friend has done a whole lot better than she has. Was that it for Patti LaBelle? No, she has to come back. She has to sing.

Rochelle Cross is like a slow-acting poison. But she's not actually carrying a torch for the Bishop, is she?

"Blair Witch Project in the woods." A little redundant. Whatever, that place Kerissa wanted to send Zora to seemed too far away to me. Zora would probably end up feeling abandoned.

Lawd, Charity done gone and gotten herself arrested. Hope the baby's okay.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, Lady Mae's friend has done a whole lot better than she has. Was that it for Patti LaBelle? No, she has to come back. She has to sing.

Rochelle Cross is like a slow-acting poison. But she's not actually carrying a torch for the Bishop, is she?

"Blair Witch Project in the woods." A little redundant. Whatever, that place Kerissa wanted to send Zora to seemed too far away to me. Zora would probably end up feeling abandoned.

Lawd, Charity done gone and gotten herself arrested. Hope the baby's okay.

No I don’t think that’s it for Patti LaBelle. Her character was brought in to give Lady Mae a “what if” vision AND someone for her to bounce ideas off of now that she and Bishop are on the outs. 

• Love 3
On 9/14/2018 at 11:13 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Rochelle is being a good actress. 

They can't have Patti Labelle guest star and not have her sing. That's blasphemous. She has to come back.

I wonder if they wanted to send Zora so far away to avoid a run in with someone they knew. There are plenty of places that could help Zora closer to home but with their status as Bishop and First Lady, their personal drama could impact the church.

• Love 1

I think Lady Mae might be one person who can   get Zora on track. I commend Jacob for seeing through Zora early on, and being willing to call foul. Kerissa’s finally on board ( but maybe a wilderness boot camp is a bit of overkill), but sometimes parents can be too close to a situation to think and act logically. A grandmother is just far enough removed to not be as influenced by how adorable a baby Zora was. And Lady Mae  seems just the type of woman to give Zora a good whack before she puts up with any of the foolishness. 

Just sayin’?

• Love 2
On 9/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, laprin said:

I have a feeling Tasha is genuinely falling for Jacob. I see an affair in their future, and just when I was starting to really like this improved Jacob. 

I hope not -- too many affairs and almost affairs as is.  I think she's maybe seeing Jacob as who he wants to be -- a good pastor.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, mrsbagnet said:

he calls the police on her?

I don't think he did -- I think the cops are there for a completely different reason.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, Dee said:

Season 3 of Greenleaf is kicking Season 3 of Queen Sugar's ass.

I see them as two beautiful shows == not a competition.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:50 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I would hate to think it was the boyfriend- he seems nice (no clues like Zora’s boyfriend). I was thinking it was something benign and random (like a ruptured appendix) and they are faking us out. 

I don't think it's the boyfriend.  When she told him to stop, he did so immediately -- but I'm sure he was a little frustrated (and VERY horny!) and needed to walk away. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

That strikes me as being completely impossible.

• Love 3

That's terrible for Sophia. I knew something was gonna challenge her this season but I didn't expect that. 

Charity needs a therapist immediately.

Jacob, always read what you sign!

Rochelle knew how to play Bishop. In light of the family issues, maybe Lady Mae should hold off divorce but both are so stubborn. Grace is right. They are destroying the church on their own. 

Looking forward to seeing Patti LaBelle in two weeks. 

• Love 4

Man, Oxycodoned Charity is one of the most hilarious things I have seen on my TV this year. It is great that they are showing her to be more dimensional. Her depiction of a slipping "addict" (for lack of a more accurate word for her condition) was great. I loved the looks that the family members were giving her (and when she attacked the vending machine-gold Jerry, GOLD!), yet they just poo poo it. See Charity is always given the benefit of the doubt, because she would never do something like that. This is a good character development for her. I agree the loss of the baby and marriage and jumping into a new relationship has taken its toll on her. 

As a mom of a 20 year old young lady, I cried when Grace found out about her daughter. I couldn't imagine having to tell my daughter that. (not that you can't have a baby in other ways, it is just a shock that something so precious has been taken away in a snap of a finger). 

Edited by riverheightsnancy
  • Love 4