Type keyword(s) to search

Greenleaf - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dee said:

I bet Isaiah and Zora ran off to get married.

Oh good God, I hope not. You're probably right though. I'm hoping, given all the financial resources both families have, they find them quickly and undo the marriage, if there is one.

I felt kind of bad for Sophia. What was she supposed to do in that situation? I couldn't believe that neither of Zora's parents were paying attention to her and Isaiah's interactions. 

I liked that the cotilliion host and her reaction to Jacob's apology ("Thank you for saying that.") You know she was pissed, but she was trying to be gracious. She is very classy, unlike the Greenleafs, who pretend and think they are, but are clearly not.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

I felt kind of bad for Sophia. What was she supposed to do in that situation? I couldn't believe that neither of Zora's parents were paying attention to her and Isaiah's interactions. 

I liked that the cotilliion host and her reaction to Jacob's apology ("Thank you for saying that.") You know she was pissed, but she was trying to be gracious. She is very classy, unlike the Greenleafs, who pretend and think they are, but are clearly not.

I felt bad for Sophia too. Of course she did the right thing but it was a horrible position to be in. I don't blame Jacob and Kerrisa for not knowing anything was amiss- watching them my first thought wouldn't be to jump to domestic violence. Couples (even teen couples) get into spats that look "normal" and I would think most people aren't being abused by their partner. Also there's still a narrative of domestic violence that it's a middle aged low income problem fueled by addiction. 

I feel awful for Zora, what psychological hold on her he must have for her to deny his behavior in front of witnesses. 

Bishop can get off off his high horse. Such a double standard- you fucked your wife's SISTER, and afterwards she had an affair which ended 40years ago and you have the nerve to be upset?!! Stop. Just stop. I like the threat to the greenleaf family coming from the outside. Also, Kevin please stop- just stop. Charity was right, she didn't get the luxury of walking out and not being a mother (not that she would). He and Charity had a good custody agreement etc and he just left! No phone call, no location etc, that wasn't being a parent. He needs to sit down and beg Charity to forgive him (for walking out on their son for no reason). I really like Kevin and they ruined his character. 

Season 3 in the Spring?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

So Rochelle is a plant. I didn't see that coming. I'm kind of impressed. The Skankses are smarter than they seem.

I suspected it earlier when she first showed up, but I backed off that story based on what Lady Mae was told about her activities at her previous church.

My husband jumped up and roared, "DAMN RIGHT!!" when Jacob punched that little El, Jimmy and Chico DeBarge wannabe.  As someone who is a coordinator of debutante cotillions, I would have been horrified.  The worst thing that's ever happened for us was when a father's suspenders snapped mid-dance and his pants fell down.  But given the circumstances, I totally get Jacob's outrage.  So, Isaiah's physical abuse has morphed into a public event now.  I fear for Zora.  While she had enough self-awareness to realize that Iceberg Slim always says he's sorry and that he'll never do it again, she chose to run off with him any damn way and actually defended him to her family.  This, despite the evidence of bruising on her arms.  I was also surprised that hardly anyone picked up on the stilted way Zora and Isaiah were dancing compared to the other couples.  I have to go back and rewatch because it also appeared that Zora was the only girl who had her arms covered.

Last night was the first time I genuinely felt sorry for Lady Mae.  Excellent job by Lynn Whitfield, whose face actually still MOVES compared to so many other actresses her age and sometimes younger.  I was actually devastated for her and thought Mavis was cruel to say what she did.  I'm glad she went home and told Bishop Hypocrite to get his shit and get out.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I feel awful for Zora, what psychological hold on her he must have for her to deny his behavior in front of witnesses. 

It's ironic that Kerissa felt guilty about Zora's situation, because in a lot of ways Zora is just mirroring her mother.

Zora is desperate to maintain a toxic relationship with a severely broken boy, the only difference is that her guy comes with a side of physical abuse instead of mental/emotional abuse and infidelity. 

• Love 5

Last night was the first time I genuinely felt sorry for Lady Mae.  Excellent job by Lynn Whitfield, whose face actually still MOVES compared to so many other actresses her age and sometimes younger.  I was actually devastated for her and thought Mavis was cruel to say what she did.  I'm glad she went home and told Bishop Hypocrite to get his shit and get out. 

Not me, well, not exactly... But I was totally feeling for Mavis, totally. That's what you get when you try to keep up appearances, phony as hell, James and Lady Mae both.  I'll wait for more details, because I'm not even sure that James was messing with Lady Mae first before Mavis. For all I know he was going out with Mavis and knew that the phony "folk" like their first ladies to look like prim/proper light skin Mae. Plus I don't believe Mavis wanted that life, it looks like it kills her to step foot in a church so...yeah, that wouldn't have worked. But I also feel that Mavis doesn't know that Lady Mae was sexually abused by their father, she doesn't know. Because all the shit that has gone down between them including the adultery with James is all about the sickness of their childhoods that will never heal.  I even remember Mavis telling Mac that she didn't know how or why he became a child molester, which meant to me that she had no idea what abuses her sister and brother were going through. But then again, how the hell could she, she was put out in the shed as a little girl.  Mavis doesn't know that those pretty dresses Mae was getting from their father was all about fulfilling his sick urges. But I damn sure feel for Mavis, the brown skin girl who got the shit beat out of her and was put out to sleep in the shed like some kind of animal. And I'm also here for her not giving a shit about her unrepentant child molesting brother getting killed, poetically I might add, by her niece.

Zora's situation...a hot mess, good lord. Maybe she saw and heard quite a bit of the dysfunction in her parent's marriage and that had an affect on her self-worth. Although, I mean, an affair might be a stretch. My parents had an affair, so I guess I deserve to be knocked around by my boyfriend? I mean her parents aren't violent with one another and I don't even think I've ever seen them be unusually cruel when they speak to one another. Like I'm not sure I've seen either parent go out of their way to constantly put one another down.   I don't know. It could go all the way back to Zora in season one talking to Sophia about her parents' expectations of her and it being too much, I think I remember something like that and she was out on the lawn somewhere smoking or taking some pill and talking to Sophia.

So what's her name is Skank's sister, this is going to be good. James did say to Basie that he didn't remember a son, he remembered a daughter and here she is.

The best scene of the finale is hands down Lady Mae and Mavis, awesome, that was really good stuff.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

I think I remember something like that and she was out on the lawn somewhere smoking or taking some pill and talking to Sophia.

Zora was snorting Ritalin with Sophia (who declined to join her) in a civil war bunker on the family property.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dee said:

It's ironic that Kerissa felt guilty about Zora's situation, because in a lot of ways Zora is just mirroring her mother.

Zora is desperate to maintain a toxic relationship with a severely broken boy, the only difference is that her guy comes with a side of physical abuse instead of mental/emotional abuse and infidelity. 

You think? It's been a while since I've seen Season 1 or the first half of Season 2. I don't recall any mental/physical abuse between Jacob and Kerrissa- yes he cheated (which would've been grounds to end the relationship which Kerrisa didn't want to do, I think that's her choice), but I never thought Jacob was emotionally abusive to Kerrissa.

I dont recall any name calling, disrespectful language, ignoring her suggestions on how to raise their family, insulting her parenting etc which would be mentally/emotionally abusive. He didn't blame her for his mistress or state it was "her fault" or claim she wasn't satisfying him or something ridiculous. When they had that opportunity to swing and Jacob admitted he didn't like it, because "you're mine", he wasn't threatening her or forbidding her- I think she was glad he was emotionally investing in their relationship again and demonstrating he wanted her sexually.

I wouldn't want a husband like Jacob but IMO he's not abusive at all. A bad husband maybe but not abusive. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2

I'd say Jacob was, at the very least, quite emotionally abusive of Kerissa. She spent the majority of the first season practically begging him to respect her while he flaunted his affair in her face. Kerissa practically had to drag him to marriage counseling and then he refused to participate once he was there. It was only when someone else exhibited interest in Kerissa that Jacob quickly changed his tune, not the least of which because he no longer had Alexa to fall back on. And what made things worse was that during all this he was more concerned with being Sat Down, as a result of his infidelities, than in fixing his marriage. Kerissa succinctly discussed her issues in marriage counseling and Jacob just shrugged. If your spouse is on the verge of tears because she feels her marriage is in disrepair, because of her partner, how is that not emotional abuse?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Dee said:

I'd say Jacob was, at the very least, quite emotionally abusive of Kerissa. She spent the majority of the first season practically begging him to respect her while he flaunted his affair in her face. Kerissa practically had to drag him to marriage counseling and then he refused to participate once he was there. It was only when someone else exhibited interest in Kerissa that Jacob quickly changed his tune, not the least of which because he no longer had Alexa to fall back on. And what made things worse was that during all this he was more concerned with being Sat Down, as a result of his infidelities, than in fixing his marriage. Kerissa succinctly discussed her issues in marriage counseling and Jacob just shrugged. If your spouse is on the verge of tears because she feels her marriage is in disrepair, because of her partner, how is that not emotional abuse?

Neglect perhaps but not abuse. Not caring  about your marriage is awful and probably a sign you should end the marriage but I didn't see Jacob as doing those things to actively hurt Kerrissa. He was an awful husband and not being kind but I don't think it rose to the level of abuse.

Your memory of those episodes is fresher than mine so you might be correct. 

But I don't think Zora's relationship with Isaiah is a result of what her parents did/didn't do in their marriage. I think she fell hard for him in her "rebellious phase" and cannot admit she was wrong about him. She's internalizing it like a lot of battered people do. 

4 minutes ago, Dee said:

That's the way I see it, too.  I vaguely remember Jacob was trying to negotiate with the marriage counselor and Kerissa, i.e. "I'll go to counseling but only if I still get permission to do what I want to do--including cheat."  I also remember Kerissa waking Jacob up and having that "come to Jesus" talk with him, and informing him that their marriage was D-E-A-D.  IIRC that was after they went to dinner with another couple where the husband affirmed his wife and was openly affectionate with her.  That's when Kerissa came face to face with what was wrong with her own marriage.  Their dysfunction was so obvious that even Lady Mae and Zora noticed when they got it back together and were finally on the same page.

On a shallow note, my husband thinks that the actresses playing Kerissa and Zora are two of the most beautiful women he's ever seen.

• Love 6

I remember it being implied that Kerissa had done something that Jacob had to forgive her for, yep. I definitely remember back in season one while they were trying to work through his affair, Kerissa bringing up something she had done, and him forgiving her for it or not being able to forgive her, but they never got into the details. I assumed that they were referring to her having had an affair too. Then they had a scene or two with her and some younger guy at her job and it made you think that she was about to have an affair with him, but then they dropped that interaction. As a matter a fact, we haven't seen her at that job, did she totally quit? Because it seemed like she was the head master or the principal of that school.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2

Both Kevin and Mavis back for the season finale. Interesting.

Sophia's father couldn't be bothered to attend his daughter's cotillion? Guess he might've felt uncomfortable though in that ballroom full of rich, siditty Black folks.

So Tasha and Rochelle are SILs? Should've seen that coming. Plain ol' honey pot scheme and Lady Mae just delivered him to them on a platter.

Oprah had lost a noticeable amount of weight when she filmed this episode's scenes. Her face looked relatively gaunt.

Aw, Zora. Sure hope she doesn't end up pregnant by Isaiah--or worse.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sophia's father couldn't be bothered to attend his daughter's cotillion? Guess he might've felt uncomfortable though in that ballroom full of rich, siditty Black folks.

Was it explained why Sophia is a Greeleaf and not a Fisher?

23 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So Tasha and Rochelle are SILs? Should've seen that coming. Plain ol' honey pot scheme and Lady Mae just delivered him to them on a platter.

I got that they are working together to take down the Greenleafs (Greenleaves?), but when was it revealed their sisters-in-law?

8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Was it explained why Sophia is a Greeleaf and not a Fisher?

I got that they are working together to take down the Greenleafs (Greenleaves?), but when was it revealed their sisters-in-law?

I think because her parents weren't married to each other/ or in a long term relationship Grace decided to give Sophia her last name. We know 17years later he has been a father (financially and visitation and all that), but Grace didn't know that would happen at the time. As for him not being at the cotillion they could've mentioned he had to work (or something) if they couldn't get the actor back- I consider that a writing fail. 

We know Bassie's Dad (who died in the fire) had a sister, and when Bassie's wife called her "sis" it all came together. They are working together to avenge their father. 

Edited by Scarlett45
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

As someone who is a coordinator of debutante cotillions, I would have been horrified.  The worst thing that's ever happened for us was when a father's suspenders snapped mid-dance and his pants fell down.

Thank you for that, MULLETORHATER!  I needed a laugh-out-loud moment today!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

@MulletorHater Kerrissa and Zora are definately beautiful! So many beautiful women of color on this show (including deeper skin tones). Charity so so pretty as well, with a thicker figure (I don't think she's actually plus sized just heavy cheasted with camera weight). 

I was actually touched by Charity's embarrassment about her C-section scarring and wondered if she was also feeling a little self-conscious because of her figure.  Jabari was so sweet with her.

And, Kevin--some of us have less than 2 fucks to give, bruh, about your newfound assertion of your parental rights.  

• Love 2

I was actually touched by Charity's embarrassment about her C-section scarring and wondered if she was also feeling a little self-conscious because of her figure.  Jabari was so sweet with her.

Yeah, it was a realistic moment, but at the same time I rolled my eyes. I'm like girl, you should see that scar as a badge of honor, you had to take that scar, from layers upon layers of cut flesh, in order to bring forth life into this world. He should kiss it and you shouldn't feel an uncomfortable need to explain it nor apologize for it.

As for Kevin, I have some empathy for Kevin to a degree, mainly because he's far from the usual loser dad who spreads his seeds all over the damn place. Making babies with multiple baby mamas, yet thinks he can some how parent all those kids effectively in different households *eye roll.* 

Kevin was finally having to deal with his sexual identity and I don't think his was a case of fully knowing all along what that was and duping Charity into marrying him under false pretenses, which I have no empathy for. As a matter a fact, I could have sworn that they were friends first, best friends or something like that, but I could be wrong. 

He left, but as far as the timing, I'm not thinking the guy has been gone for like years or even a full year. Add to that, he knows he's lucky because he knows the Greenleaf family is well off and his son definitely won't be lacking in affection nor material things, so he could give himself some time. I believe he left Charity a note, but I don't remember her reading it aloud, and I would have like to have known what he said in that note. All I'm saying is there's been worse behavior by parents, much, much, much worse. All I'm saying is, at least he came back before the child could form the words to ask his mother what happened to his daddy.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Rochelle referred to Basie as her brother, to Tasha, as they were scheming together at the Cotillion.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 7

@Keepitmoving kevin asking for a week or so away to clear his head is one thing. Disappearing with no end date in sight is NOT something you can do when you're a parent. No I don't think he's an awful guy who shouldn't be allowed his parenting time but he's not on the moral high ground here. He needs to take a seat and wait for charity to get back to him when she gets back. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I was actually devastated for her and thought Mavis was cruel to say what she did.  I'm glad she went home and told Bishop Hypocrite to get his shit and get out.  

Though what Mavis said was true, I am glad that SOMEONE has mentioned colorism on the show.  That could be the reason Triumph is doing so well; both Basie AND his wife are light (and what magical dust does that man have that can get TWO women to do all kinds of wrong things for HIM, sadly that's too true for many women and VERY true for a lot of black women, no matter how bad the man is).  I laugh at how neither Basie's sister nor his wife thought anything was wrong with Basie stealing the church's money.  But he's a MAN, so let's back him up.

Isaiah is also light skinned (though not as hot as the guy who played young Lucious Lyon in Empire), and could that be part of Zora's attraction to him?

I did like Lady Mae's zinger to her sister, "what he wanted was a WIFE, and what does that make YOU?"  Ouch.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Though what Mavis said was true, I am glad that SOMEONE has mentioned colorism on the show.  That could be the reason Triumph is doing so well; both Basie AND his wife are light (and what magical dust does that man have that can get TWO women to do all kinds of wrong things for HIM, sadly that's too true for many women and VERY true for a lot of black women, no matter how bad the man is).

Isaiah is also light skinned (though not as hot as the guy who played young Lucious Lyon in Empire), and could that be part of Zora's attraction to him?

I did like Lady Mae's zinger to her sister, "what he wanted was a WIFE, and what does that make YOU?"  Ouch.

I don't think Zora is hung up on Isaiah because of his skin color at all. While colorism is different for men than women, it's a factor but I don't think so in this case. I just think she likes him and got hung up away a lot of abused people do. 

I absolutely think Lady Mae had a right to that last comment, and I'm glad she threw Bishop out. However Mavis was her sister. I could see Bishop dating Mavis first and then hitching himself to Mae and marrying her, but after they were married Mavis it's not cool to sleep with your sister's husband. It's just not. She's not on the moral high ground either. 

Bassie's magical dust is that he's talking to his sister and his wife to bring down the Greenleaf family who are responsible for the death of his dad. I 100% why Bassie's sister (what is her name again?) is in on that, he was her father too. I mean people typically do bad things with other people if they have the same end goals. I don't think it's a case of Bassie manipulating them or anything. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Bassie's magical dust is that he's talking to his sister and his wife to bring down the Greenleaf family who are responsible for the death of his dad. I 100% why Bassie's sister (what is her name again?) is in on that, he was her father too. I mean people typically do bad things with other people if they have the same end goals. I don't think it's a case of Bassie manipulating them or anything. 

Do we know if Basie and Rochelle have the same father?  

And what is his wife smoking?  The guy just split on her and she's like, "Oh baby!"  And Basie isn't even fine; he's an Adam Clayton Powell wannabe.

RE:  Colorism, when I was a teenager the movie Sparkle (the original one) was out and Philip Michael Thomas was in that movie (this is before Miami Vice) and all the girls in the neighborhood were like, "I want a light skinned guy with a BIG afro and 'pretty eyes'.  That was the 70's, but yes colorism on the whole is different for men than it is for women.

8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Do we know if Basie and Rochelle have the same father?  

And what is his wife smoking?  The guy just split on her and she's like, "Oh baby!"  And Basie isn't even fine; he's an Adam Clayton Powell wannabe.

RE:  Colorism, when I was a teenager the movie Sparkle (the original one) was out and Philip Michael Thomas was in that movie (this is before Miami Vice) and all the girls in the neighborhood were like, "I want a light skinned guy with a BIG afro and 'pretty eyes'.  That was the 70's, but yes colorism on the whole is different for men than it is for women.

Yes, because Bassie is his son from his side relationship and Rochelle was the daughter from his marriage that everyone knew about (that she existed not what she looked like etc). That's why Bassie was able to fly under the radar with the Greenleaf's when all that came out, they didn't know he had a son. Now they are so focused on their own mess they forgot about the fact that the results of the fire may come home to roost. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, because Bassie is his son from his side relationship and Rochelle was the daughter from his marriage that everyone knew about (that she existed not what she looked like etc). That's why Bassie was able to fly under the radar with the Greenleaf's when all that came out, they didn't know he had a son. Now they are so focused on their own mess they forgot about the fact that the results of the fire may come home to roost. 

Well, if Rochelle really had cancer, she should be concerned about THAT and not her asshole brother.  I bet Basie isn't even that man's son.  I mean did he get a DNA test?  Maybe the mob will finally finish him off, because he's so focused on the Greenleafs rather than his own life.  I can't stand him AND he's short too, ugh.  He's got the perfect name, "Skanks" because that's what he is.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Well, if Rochelle really had cancer, she should be concerned about THAT and not her asshole brother.  I bet Basie isn't even that man's son.  I mean did he get a DNA test?  Maybe the mob will finally finish him off, because he's so focused on the Greenleafs rather than his own life.  I can't stand him AND he's short too, ugh.  He's got the perfect name, "Skanks" because that's what he is.

This is too hilarious. He is a Skanks 100%. 

19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Keepitmoving kevin asking for a week or so away to clear his head is one thing. Disappearing with no end date in sight is NOT something you can do when you're a parent. No I don't think he's an awful guy who shouldn't be allowed his parenting time but he's not on the moral high ground here. He needs to take a seat and wait for charity to get back to him when she gets back. 

Adding on to that Kevin didn't contact Charity at all about their son. He didn't ask for pictures, updates with the doctor, etc. The child could've had SIDS and he wouldn't have known. However, he certainly found time to hook up with Aaron. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Adding on to that Kevin didn't contact Charity at all about their son. He didn't ask for pictures, updates with the doctor, etc. The child could've had SIDS and he wouldn't have known. However, he certainly found time to hook up with Aaron. 

I know! That's awful. I loved Charity's point that if this were her she would still be a mother. Rarely do women get the choice to "walk away and figure themselves out", and come back like it was nothing. 

I think the writers ruined the character for drama. I think it would've been a lot more emotionally nuanced and thought provocaking to watch them co-parent, and he explore his sexuality while still being in love with Charity and having to make peace with ending their marriage. It may have been better to have him "disappear" for the pregnancy and re-appear for the birth ready to co-parent.

I definately think Kevin is bi (not gay and in the closet) and was in love with Charity which makes it more emotionally complex. Had he taken the time to be honest with himself when he was younger, and been honest with Charity maybe they wouldn't be where they are now. He's got to live with the "what if". 

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 6:29 PM, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Tasha and I wouldn't be surprised if she and Basie are brother and sister or something like that.

So close.  Oh, sooooo close!

On 9/28/2017 at 9:26 AM, MulletorHater said:

On a shallow note, my husband thinks that the actresses playing Kerissa and Zora are two of the most beautiful women he's ever seen.

He's not wrong.

==============================================

ETA:  Between Greenleaf and Queen Sugar, OWN is a paradise for "swirl" lovers (without having to deal with the Tyler "Ugh" Perry shows there!)

Edited by jhlipton
swirl

I feel like this show overcomes its genre. I usually bail on nighttime soap operas immediately, but this production is so fresh in setting and excellent in production values that it's still compelling through the soapiest of segments. Soap CAN be art when done right.

Last Saturday, my daughter and I saw Merle Dandridge (Grace) in the Broadway show, “Once on an Island”.  It won the Tony for “Best Revival of a Musical”.  We had no idea she was in the show, so it was a pleasant surprise.  Merle was very good in her role. She is beautiful and tiny.  She probably weighs about 110 pounds - soaking wet (laugh). 

• Love 1

Why doesn’t Basie’s wife just go back to whatever strip club she used to work in?

And stop doing a Tiffany Haddish impersonation.

The show needs to get rid of her and that other fug woman, Rochelle, who resents the Bishop because of some mess with her father, that she probably never knew.  SMH.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And stop doing a Tiffany Haddish impersonation.

What was that about? It was funny, only because it was out of nowhere, and didn't at all fit the tone of the show.

I'm here all day for Karine's pettiness.

I have to give Bishop credit for resisting Rochelle. He's a better person than I thought.

Jacob shouldn't be in charge of anything, ever. Budget Lady is probably right, and she can cackle herself silly when it all falls apart.

• Love 7

Bishop is not too smart. Even if he didn't have sex with Rochelle all she has to do is drop a bit of news that he slept in a hotel room with her and the gossip mill would take over from there.

Zora needs to connect with a certain spoiled brat named Tariq in NYC. They have similar attitude and behavioral problems and her father isn't even a big-time drug dealer.

Lady Mae, there's pride and then there's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your career is being the Bishop's wife and first lady of the church. You can't just quit without making an even bigger scandal.

Er, Bishop, Charity has a nice voice but she's no Mavis Staples.

Well, look at the big balls on Kevin. He's right though; he has a right to be in his son's life. He's probably going to screw up again in some way though.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Well, look at the big balls on Kevin. He's right though; he has a right to be in his son's life. He's probably going to screw up again in some way though.

But he walked out on his son.  Didn't even tell his wife where he was going.  That's no father.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

But he walked out on his son.  Didn't even tell his wife where he was going.  That's no father.

I KNOW!! He didn’t say “you know, I need a week or two to myself, I will be at x place seeing a therapist, please call me if anything comes up with the baby, I’ll be back x date.” 

• Love 1

I see why Charity is left out of the adult stuff. "I gonna come from a broken home." How old is she? Geez. And just like Lady Mae blames Grace because she returned home?? Jacob's facial reaction during that scene did have me laughing. I'm glad Bishop hasn't fallen for Rochelle tricks but being around her often will start rumors. Wouldn't Kevin's case be weak to go to court with since he walked out on his son? 

• Love 3

Two hilarious moments from the premiere.

1. Grace & Jacob's peevish reactions to Charity whining about coming from a broken home. Charity really is the baby of the family.

2. Mae's double take when Tasha asked her to pass her the fudge stripe cookies. Lynn Whitfield is a gem.

• Love 6

Kevin was wrong to walk out, and Charity has every right to be angry, but how long is he supposed to pay for his mistake? It's not like he disappeared for 10 years with no contact. It was a few months at most. There's no reason they can't work this out amicably. They both need to drop the attitude.

It seems like Tasha and Rochelle crossed wires on Bishop and Lady Mae. Rochelle is trying to come between them, but Tasha said something to make Lady Mae let him come back home.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dee said:

2. Mae's double take when Tasha asked her to pass her the fudge stripe cookies. Lynn Whitfield is a gem.

I have a crush on Lynn Whitfield. That last scene in Bishop's office just elevated her to goddess level in my eyes. 

OK, I was on Kevin's side, but having a visit from your new man, that you left your wife for, at the same time that you're demanding to care for your son, is a tad too messy. Yes, Charity is also on tour with her new man, but Aaron is a sore-spot for Charity (even though none of this is his fault).

Speaking of Charity and her tour, I cheered a little when Jabari hung up on her.

Grace is WAAAY too much up in her parents' business.

• Love 5