Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I've said this before but it's worth repeating--I CAN NOT stand that stupid lizard from the Geico commercials.  I don't care how you came up with the 15 minutes/15% slogan.  I wish someone would run him over with the car *evil laugh*

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I don't care how you came up with the 15 minutes/15% slogan.

"I think we're gonna switch over to 'Over 75 years of savings and service."

"But what am I supposed to do with these?"

"Keep them in your desk for... i don't know."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I CAN NOT stand that stupid lizard from the Geico commercials.  I don't care how you came up with the 15 minutes/15% slogan.

But it was serendipitous.  How can you not care??????

• LOL 7
49 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Did you save 15% in  minutes?  What if you stretch is out to 20 minutes - would you save 20%?

No, but Jake from State Farm would probably do a strip tease to try and entice me back to them.  😍

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Kawaiiko said:

"I think we're gonna switch over to 'Over 75 years of savings and service."

"But what am I supposed to do with these?"

"Keep them in your desk for... i don't know."

I like that one because it sounds so much like work. My dad and I always end up talking about different tasks we had to do at work that just the moment we got finished someone comes up and says it wasn't necessary or the boss changed his/her mind. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, susannah said:

Another one I don't like is the one for dishwasher soap, in which a bunch of people say, "we do it every night." I don't think it's funny, if it's trying to be.

Just as I read this, the commercial with the old couple came on, "We do it every night!"  I have found that as I've gotten older, I find sexual innuendo less amusing. I wonder why that is.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Just as I read this, the commercial with the old couple came on, "We do it every night!"  I have found that as I've gotten older, I find sexual innuendo less amusing. I wonder why that is.

Who wants to be stuck in a junior high school mode one's entire life and/or be stuck around those who are? Besides, if one is going to have innuendo, it's best to have some nuance and actual humor but few since Mae West have had her panache.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Because it's not funny. I think the vibe of the ad is creepy, actually.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, susannah said:

Because it's not funny. I think the vibe of the ad is creepy, actually.

As is the one with Joshie thinking Pop-pop and Grandma had sex in the closet because their clothes were wrinkled. What kid’s mind goes there, thinking about the GPs having sex?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

As is the one with Joshie thinking Pop-pop and Grandma had sex in the closet because their clothes were wrinkled. What kid’s mind goes there, thinking about the GPs having sex?

I think that one's kind of funny because the first time he catches them they're just putting something away or whatever, but their clothes are wrinkled, so sex.  But, the second time he catches them and they actually were having sex the thought never enters his mind because no wrinkles.  I don't know why. I realize it's stupid.  But, clearly based on the ending, he did have good reason to have suspicions. Who knows what he's walked in on before?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 5/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, Blergh said:

Mr. Fieri IS a glutton . However,  I'm relieved that he didn't wind up  eating the other dude's sandwich and/or having an extreme close up of his mouth while stuffing it with grub! 

Still, the fact that he's in the commercial at all is an automatic fail (and that the dude didn't throw him out of his kitchen and house after he tresspassed crashed), IMO. 

The sandwich dude must be a fan.  He even knows how to correctly pronounce Fieri with the "r" sounds like a "t" sound!

On 5/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, AnnA said:

I hate it too.  It's an Allstate commercial.

I mentioned before that the ornament, especially from the side, reminds me of the gremlin on the plane wing that John Lithgow sees in The Twilight Zone movie!

zone.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

Brace yourselves for another onslaught on Peloton commercials. 

Yeah, in the form of a "Did you buy a Peloton and find yourself in traction?" or "Did you partner a Peloton and psychological shame you into riding it?" lawyer-type commercial.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Heard it before I saw it and then didn't catch what particular company it was for because I was frantically reaching for the remote so I could mute the rest of it. People YELLING at full volume to Dad about how the printer cartridge has just run out of ink!

And then just saw another one for the first time where someone's brought his new girlfriend home and they're serving his grandmother's famous mac and cheese. Apparently, the girl regularly carries around a huge container of new Hidden Valley Ranch sprinkles in her purse to put on whatever food she thinks need seasoning.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

I mentioned before that the ornament, especially from the side, reminds me of the gremlin on the plane wing that John Lithgow sees in The Twilight Zone movie!

zone.jpg

I was thinking more of the Banshee in the super-creepy episode of So Weird.

image.png.27f95cc7a637797ef6ac6e903ced45bb.png

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 2

How about the commercial with the woman carrying a big wet dog?  She says “he’s done walking for the day” and the dog promptly shakes his coat all over the folks standing nearby.  It just makes me scratch my head and go “huh?”  I can’t connect the dots on this at all!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

zone.jpg

Also the Banshee from Darby O'Gill.image.png.acc573e0a560fc2f5afe49fd13e28f1a.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OldStandard said:

How about the commercial with the woman carrying a big wet dog?  She says “he’s done walking for the day” and the dog promptly shakes his coat all over the folks standing nearby.  It just makes me scratch my head and go “huh?”  I can’t connect the dots on this at all!

I haven't seen this yet, but speaking of dogs in commercials, there's one with some doofus dog owner woman who is standing outside in the rain trying to get her dog to come out for a walk.  It's not supposed to be critical of Ms. Doofus; it's supposed to advertise something for dogs (I think).  The dog has more sense than his/her owner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

And then just saw another one for the first time where someone's brought his new girlfriend home and they're serving his grandmother's famous mac and cheese. Apparently, the girl regularly carries around a huge container of new Hidden Valley Ranch sprinkles in her purse to put on whatever food she thinks need seasoning.

Sometimes I like to put Hidden Valley Ranch dressing on a salad.  I just don't understand the passion for it on everything.  There's a State Farm commercial where a pizza delivery woman gives Jake Pizza and some other food items and caps it off with "a side of ranch" which is a gallon jug.  Huh?  Why? and Eww!  Don't put ranch dressing on my pizza!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, susannah said:

Another one I don't like is the one for dishwasher soap, in which a bunch of people say, "we do it every night." I don't think it's funny, if it's trying to be.

See this one bugged me because me first thought was "there's only two of you; how the hell do you have enough dirty dishes to need to run that thing every night? You're wasting water, even if it's a water-efficient model."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Maybe Jake's supposed to dunk his breadsticks in the ranch dressing.

40 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Not something I would ever do but people do dip pizza in ranch dressing...ewwww

Ewww and Yuck!

• Love 6
(edited)

If I have a pizza where the outer edge of the crust doesn't have any sauce or toppings on it, damn right I'm dipping that bare crust in ranch; yum. 

I love Parker and her "side" of ranch. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

If I have a pizza where the outer edge of the crust doesn't have any sauce or toppings on it, damn right I'm dipping that bare crust in ranch; yum. 

I love Parker and her "side" of ranch. 

No!  No!  No!  The dry outer edge of the crust goes in the garbage.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I can't throw away food unless I truly dislike it (like how I dump egg yolks because I only like the white); where I can dip it in creamy goodness and enjoy it, I'm in.

• Love 2
Just now, Bastet said:

I can't throw away food unless I truly dislike it (like how I dump egg yolks because I only like the white); where I can dip it in creamy goodness and enjoy it, I'm in.

It's a free country.  That said, ranch dressing on pizza is just wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Maybe Jake's supposed to dunk his breadsticks in the ranch dressing.

Don't you mean his breadstick (singular)?  Maybe the ranch is also for his two coocoo crusties.

2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

See this one bugged me because me first thought was "there's only two of you; how the hell do you have enough dirty dishes to need to run that thing every night? You're wasting water, even if it's a water-efficient model."

They're trying to get people to run an entire dishwasher and use a pod every night so you run out of the detergent faster and run out and buy more.  No way is running a dishwasher every night gonna save you money.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

No No No! I eat the outer crust! I don't understand anyone putting ranch on pizza. It sounds disgusting.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, susannah said:

No No No! I eat the outer crust! I don't understand anyone putting ranch on pizza. It sounds disgusting.

Thank you!  I agree.  It is disgusting.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Not something I would ever do but people do dip pizza in ranch dressing...ewwww

I used to be like that. Then I tried &pizza garlic knots with their ranch dressing and I have never looked back. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, AnnA said:

Excuse me.  Those are the pizza bones and you are supposed to give them to the dog.  He said so.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Excuse me.  Those are the pizza bones and you are supposed to give them to the dog.  He said so.

OK but I don't have a dog.  I have cats and they don't want them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/5/2021 at 1:19 PM, Katy M said:

I think that one's kind of funny because the first time he catches them they're just putting something away or whatever, but their clothes are wrinkled, so sex.  But, the second time he catches them and they actually were having sex the thought never enters his mind because no wrinkles.  I don't know why. I realize it's stupid.  But, clearly based on the ending, he did have good reason to have suspicions. Who knows what he's walked in on before?

And it pans right to the crotch region at the end, as if Joshie is making sure their zippers are closed! 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

And the dogs are SURE to "remind" you of that, as they sit and just STARE while you eat said pizza. (Been there, done that!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, meep.meep said:

That's what my family has always done. Our dogs love pizza too especially when there's still a little cheese, sausage and/or pepperoni on the crust. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's what my family has always done. Our dogs love pizza too especially when there's still a little cheese, sausage and/or pepperoni on the crust. 

My cat did too.

• Love 1

I don't understand why Joshie's grandparents act sheepish after he catches them with wrinkles. If you were just putting something on a shelf, why would you assume anyone would think you were doing anything different? And if you weren't doing anything different, why would you act like you had been?

On 5/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, OldStandard said:

I don't understand why the lady is running as she's carrying him, especially since she doesn't act like she's in any hurry when the other two people ask what's wrong with the dog. Secondly, it should show one of the other women using the body wash at the end, not the dog lady. I guess she was sweaty and covered in wet dog stink, but from the way the other two react when the dog shakes, it seems like they want to wash themselves.

• Love 4
(edited)

I get that they need to exaggerate make their point but the recent commercial for some cleaner or another is just getting on my last nerve right now.  They show some guy wiping the inside of the bathtub - which is absolutely beyond disgusting.  Unless you are cleaning out a rental property because the tenants skipped out and left it gross there is no way most people have that kind of black grime circling their bathtub.  At least I hope there is no way!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I get that they need to exaggerate make their point but the recent commercial for some cleaner or another is just getting on my last nerve right now.  They show some guy wiping the inside of the bathtub - which is absolutely beyond disgusting.  Unless you are cleaning out a rental property because the tenants skipped out and left it gross there is no way most people have that kind of black grime circling their bathtub.  At least I hope there is no way!

*hangs head in shame and embarrassment*

I was coloring my hair in the shower and the drain clogged. I now have a brown ring circling my bathtub. I'm afraid to have a plumber over due to COVID and I have a case of the lazys mixed with fatigue from taking post-cancer medication, so ...

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Darlabutterfly said:

*hangs head in shame and embarrassment*

I was coloring my hair in the shower and the drain clogged. I now have a brown ring circling my bathtub. I'm afraid to have a plumber over due to COVID and I have a case of the lazys mixed with fatigue from taking post-cancer medication, so ...

I'm so sorry. Never feel embarrassed by something beyond your control. I'm sure the plumber has seen much worse. Call them.

• Love 7