Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Do the Tampax people hate the American public? Because truly, I cannot fathom another reason they'd feature Amy Schumer, telling us she has a vagina she doesn't know much about...

I understand the message behind those commercials because some women are completely ignorant about their ladyparts, but the execution is off.  I would rather Tampax team up with Dr. Jennifer Gunter to get the message across instead of Amy.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2021 at 4:56 PM, Kimboweena said:
On 3/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, tanyak said:

The new iPhone commercial where the woman is walking down the street talking and drops her phone.

Yes! I hate that one, too.  Have to mute or pause, then fast-forward.

I’ve seen that one only once (and it was on YouTube, so it was probs shortened) and it was just meh. Would’ve been more impressive if the phone landed on actual concrete! I don’t like the ad, but I don’t loathe it either...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Do the Tampax people hate the American public? Because truly, I cannot fathom another reason they'd feature Amy Schumer, telling us she has a vagina she doesn't know much about...

At least she's not Paltrow, selling vagina-scented candles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

At least she's not Paltrow, selling vagina-scented candles.

Haven't seen that one...if real... but it would be a good pairing with the "singing" whoo ha!! 🤮

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Haven't seen that one...if real... but it would be a good pairing with the "singing" whoo ha!! 🤮

It's not a commercial (yet) but one of 'em exploded in a customer's house and it was a "wacky news" item.

• LOL 2

Optima Tax Relief:  This scofflaw hasn't filed taxes in 8 years and we're supposed to be in awe that Optima Tax Relief renegotiated his debt to the IRS so he no longer owes them money.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have been struggling to get by, paying our debt to society WITHIN THE LAW while this asshat skips off into the sunset, happy as a clam, that he no longer has a tax debt - until he stops filing/paying again. People are upset about some folks taking advantage of welfare - I'm way more outraged by this kind of crap. HOW can this tax relief shit even be legal?

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Optima Tax Relief:  This scofflaw hasn't filed taxes in 8 years and we're supposed to be in awe that Optima Tax Relief renegotiated his debt to the IRS so he no longer owes them money.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have been struggling to get by, paying our debt to society WITHIN THE LAW while this asshat skips off into the sunset, happy as a clam, that he no longer has a tax debt - until he stops filing/paying again. People are upset about some folks taking advantage of welfare - I'm way more outraged by this kind of crap. HOW can this tax relief shit even be legal?

I agree with everything you said. I despise those people. 

• Love 6

Have you seen the commercial for Kitty Poo Club? They deliver a fresh box of kitty litter each month. A man is scooping kitty litter when he scrapes the turd that is stuck to the bottom of the box and it goes flying and splashes into the chocolate milk the woman is holding. Ew! Ew! Ew! 

• LOL 1
On ‎03‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 7:34 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

May have been covered, but I'm currently irritated by the idiot in the Xfinity commercial who argues with Amy Poehler about how to pronounce "malware"... She's wrong... and I just want to smack her

I want to smack Amy Poehler in every single Xfinity commercial she's done.  She's obnoxious in them.

On ‎03‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 9:10 PM, chessiegal said:

The LiMu emu showed up in a Jeopardy! clue tonight. 🤣

Oh man, I missed that.  (Sorry, not sorry.)  Fox 45 was running Nascar, and did not run Jeopardy overnight like they usually do.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Fox 45 was running Nascar, and did not run Jeopardy overnight like they usually do.

Yeah, our Baltimore Fox affiliate where we usually watch J! was showing NASCAR, but we also get J! on the DC ABC affiliate.

I figure when an ad figure makes it to J!, it has made it into the national lexicon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Yeah, our Baltimore Fox affiliate where we usually watch J! was showing NASCAR, but we also get J! on the DC ABC affiliate.

I figure when an ad figure makes it to J!, it has made it into the national lexicon.

I feel the same way about the NYT crossword puzzle.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I want to smack Amy Poehler in every single Xfinity commercial she's done.  She's obnoxious in them.

I like Amy, but I don't really like the Xfinity commercials. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The new, second version I've seen with the popcorn bowl of the  migraine medicine is advertised by the Kardashian is so irritating to me.   For one thing, she looks even more plastic, and injected than ever.  

I saw that and didn't even know who it was at first.  She looks so distorted and plastic.  I can't stand the whole family and anything they endorse would make me run.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

I saw that and didn't even know who it was at first.  She looks so distorted and plastic.  I can't stand the whole family and anything they endorse would make me run.

I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I saw one of them on the street.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I saw one of them on the street.

Do whatever you can to keep it that way, although I have to wonder how someone who lives on earth managed to be lucky enough not to recognize them.  Having said that, I refuse to watch anything with them in it, including commercials, or read anything about them.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

although I have to wonder how someone who lives on earth managed to be lucky enough not to recognize them

I'd easily recognize Kim or Kris, but not any of the others (I'm not even sure how many more there are). 

• Love 5

I really hate the GEICO commercial with the asshole basketball player who blocks everything people are throwing (into a laundry basket, garbage pail, etc.) and then laughs obnoxiously. It's such a dick move.

• Love 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Do whatever you can to keep it that way, although I have to wonder how someone who lives on earth managed to be lucky enough not to recognize them.  Having said that, I refuse to watch anything with them in it, including commercials, or read anything about them.

I even tried to refuse to read this post.  LOLw

9 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I really hate the GEICO commercial with the asshole basketball player who blocks everything people are throwing (into a laundry basket, garbage pail, etc.) and then laughs obnoxiously. It's such a dick move.

I don't understand why it's supposed to be funny. I agree - he's a dickhead. Somebody needs to knock his block off.

I'm also annoyed at the Traeger grill that falls off the back of the pick up and manages to drive itself home, with tons of people (and a dog with a string of sausages) following it, all to Crispian St. Peters' version of "The Pied Piper."  I get what they're going for, but I'm annoyed by the fact that the grill is self-driving, even turning into the correct driveway AND using a song from the mid 60s.  I would have thought those of us who remember that song already have a good grill.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

3 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I even tried to refuse to read this post.  LOL

I don't understand why it's supposed to be funny. I agree - he's a dickhead. Somebody needs to knock his block off.

I really hate this commercial.  That awful laugh is unbearable.

• Love 6
On April 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM, Kawaiiko said:

I like Amy, but I don't really like the Xfinity commercials. 

I want to smack that little gremlin who keeps screeching "Mall- ware!!!"

• Love 1
On 4/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The new, second version I've seen with the popcorn bowl of the  migraine medicine is advertised by the Kardashian is so irritating to me.   For one thing, she looks even more plastic, and injected than ever.

I just saw that commercial last night. Like most commercials backed by celebrities that are airing these days, it was just “eh”.

• Love 5

ignore this box. I don't know how to get rid of it.

When I actually watch the commercial, I understand the woman on the screen to say, "You did that, Peloton" but when I'm not paying attention, I swear she's saying, "You did that, Palatine."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, TheWalkinDude said:

Buffalo Wild Wings, the way to get me to purchase your products is not to have some idiot screaming at me 😡

The screaming one I hate, that has been on ALL the time during the NCAA tournament, is the one for Uber Eat with Leslie Jones.  I know we're all supposed to love her, and treat her as a national treasure, but the alt-Leslie Jones screaming about March Madness doesn't make me one tiny bit interested in what she's selling.

On 3/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, Maverick said:

All of the State Farm Jake worshippers are twits.  They don't have enough intelligence to realize they're paying rack rates and that Jake isn't hooking them up on the DL.  I'm still waiting for the commercial where he finds the neighborhood cougar in his living room wearing her sheer nightie waiting to "thank him for her great deal". 

Are you calling us twits if we happen to think the Jake commercials are OK, or the people in the commercials?

• Love 2
On 4/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I'm also annoyed at the Traeger grill that falls off the back of the pick up and manages to drive itself home, with tons of people (and a dog with a string of sausages) following it, all to Crispian St. Peters' version of "The Pied Piper."  I get what they're going for, but I'm annoyed by the fact that the grill is self-driving, even turning into the correct driveway AND using a song from the mid 60s.  I would have thought those of us who remember that song already have a good grill.

Is it supposed to be self-steering? That actually annoys me less. I thought it was just rolling straight down the hill, and I was annoyed that it was apparently taking a more direct route and still didn't beat the family home.

Also, they don't seem bothered by the fact that their grill didn't make it home with them.

5 hours ago, janie jones said:

Is it supposed to be self-steering? That actually annoys me less. I thought it was just rolling straight down the hill, and I was annoyed that it was apparently taking a more direct route and still didn't beat the family home.

Also, they don't seem bothered by the fact that their grill didn't make it home with them.

I assumed it was self-steering, as it turned in at the correct driveway.

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I assumed it was self-steering, as it turned in at the correct driveway.

As we're discussing a grill...

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And don't even get me started on how the dude says Navaah- ge.

To me, it's the way he says 'your noooze' as if even having a nose is disgusting.

• LOL 5

The latest "Poise in your Pants" ad with the lady walking out of a gardening/ plant store with bags of concrete mix/fertilizer (?) feeling SO confident because she has POISE IN HER PANTS!

I may have misread this new Poise commercial because it's the first time I've seen it. But I'm pretty sure the message is all about not worrying about leaky bladder problems while purchasing garden supplies.😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I may have misread this new Poise commercial because it's the first time I've seen it. But I'm pretty sure the message is all about not worrying about leaky bladder problems while purchasing garden supplies.😊

If you're going to be lifting a lot of bags of concrete or fertilizer, Poise in your pants is probably not a bad thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, knuckles491 said:

This has probably been brought up before...but does everyone in America have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis?

Which commercial? Otezla? Taltz? Xeljanz?

On 3/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, Megan said:

These new AirBnB commercials with Dolly singing I will Always Love you with the dogs, and the Forever Young one do not seem like fun vacation vignettes but instead like the dogs and your friend/family died.

Yeah, those commercials didn't exactly convey the emotion of "FUN VACATION!!!!!!!".

Edited by Kawaiiko
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, knuckles491 said:

does everyone in America have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis?

and I love how the "patient" always says "I have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis."

NOBODY would ever say that. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
On 2/28/2021 at 2:55 AM, Yeah No said:

Little girl who yells out "I wanna bucket of chicken"!  Cue Enya music.  World peace is achievable through cheesy pasta.

Then the other little snagglepuss girl that yells "Hey, Hamlin I like your PJs".  Just want to slap her across her snotty little face.  It's so bad we rush for the remote to mute her.

Burl Ives and Edith Piaf songs - I suppose I'm one of 20 people still left that remembers them.  Too bad the commercials annoy.  Stupid deer in the headlights look on the father when he sees the sonogram.  And if I see that jello mold dessert almost fall off that car roof again I'm going to scream.

1. LOL

2. What's funnier is Hamiln's response... "PJ's?"

3. The girl in the car looking at the Jello mold on top of the other car is the only redeeming part. They also used that Edith Piaf song in a Dove chocolates commercial with a really old dancer... I cannot remember what her name is.

• Love 4
On 3/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, Megan said:

These new AirBnB commercials with Dolly singing I will Always Love you with the dogs, and the Forever Young one do not seem like fun vacation vignettes but instead like the dogs and your friend/family died.  

1 hour ago, Kawaiiko said:

Yeah, those commercials didn't exactly convey the emotion of "FUN VACATION!!!!!!!".

And now I'm paying attention to the lyrics at the beginning:  "If I should stay/Well, I would only be in your way...".  Who's dying!?!  Is it the dog?  The skinny guy in the cap?  This is somebody's last trip, right?  I keep asking my family when that one comes on, but oddly, they can't help.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I really hate the current Peleton ad with the woman who looks in the mirror and says, "I'm awake" before she starts her workout. I don't dislike her -- I hate the instructors! For one brief second, the woman looks down at her cat and the instructor says, "Stay with me, now." The woman just looked at her cat. She didn't get off the bike to raid the fridge.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

The way the "sorry not sorry" Reese's narrator pronounces "peanut butter" gets on my nerves (as does mostly anything else he says) -- "peenit BUHtter."

I'm SO glad it isn't just me!  C'mon man, can't you pronounce it right? Do you say 'bisketti' too?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

And now I'm paying attention to the lyrics at the beginning:  "If I should stay/Well, I would only be in your way...".  Who's dying!?!  Is it the dog?  The skinny guy in the cap?  This is somebody's last trip, right?  I keep asking my family when that one comes on, but oddly, they can't help.

Oh my god, call it COVID-world emotions or whatever, but the dog makes me want to cry! I know it's not meant to be sad, but it sounds like they are taking him on a last trip and it KILLS ME! Ugh, even just typing this my eyes are watering!

• Love 6
16 hours ago, bankerchick said:

If you're going to be lifting a lot of bags of concrete or fertilizer, Poise in your pants is probably not a bad thing.

Don't they have big, strong, good-looking guys around to help the ladies lift heavy things?  I'd be using the poise in my personality to round up someone to help me.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I really hate the current Peleton ad with the woman who looks in the mirror and says, "I'm awake" before she starts her workout. I don't dislike her -- I hate the instructors! For one brief second, the woman looks down at her cat and the instructor says, "Stay with me, now." The woman just looked at her cat. She didn't get off the bike to raid the fridge.

I hate all Peloton commercials, and hate this one too because apparently they didn't learn from the recent child death:  Children and pets should be kept away from the equipment!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

For one brief second, the woman looks down at her cat and the instructor says, "Stay with me, now." The woman just looked at her cat.

And can the peleton teacher see you? I mean, she probably has a hundred or a thousand riding at one time right? I guess I don't understand the point of these "live" classes, unless it's just to try to move up the leaderboard. I'd be at the bottom so it would not be inspiring in the least LOL.

• Love 8
(edited)

Why does "Sara!" in the Jenny Craig commercial take her mask off after going inside the salon? She waits until she's halfway through the room and then removes it right when she's passing a few people who are all masked. I mean, if the receptionist was already able to ascertain right when she first walked in with the mask on that it was "Sara!" and that she'd lost weight, there wasn't any reason to remove it mid-transit. I guess she felt it was worth it just so everyone could see her big smile. I know I'm overthinking it but, geez, lady, what the hell? Damn the pandemic for the completely different lens through which I often view things now...and sometimes causes irritation!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 21