Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

The guy yelling in the Kit Kat commercials doesn't really bother me, at least not compared to this wonderful "song" for Kit Kat Thins (why does the candy have to be thinner, and why did they make this jingle so annoying?).

What style of singing is that supposed to be?  This is not a rhetorical question; I really want to know.  It sounds to me there is some kind of speech impediment or mental defect going on there.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

my understanding is that having chicken pox as a kid leaves you vulnerable to shingles as an adult.

My understanding is the chicken pox virus stays with you and can manifest itself as shingles when you're an adult.

The skittles ads don't bother me, but I have a high tolerance for nonsense.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

When i posted my comment somewhere upthread about the woman/actress who is in that commercial, I thought the OP was referring to that annoying woman who does Progressive Insurance commercials...the one with the voice that makes my ears bleed. So thank you to whomever posted the pic of the correct/actual actress. 

My newest hated commercial is Third Love with "Dr. BarBRA Boulders".  Who the hell told this company this would be a fantastic ad campaign for bras? And obviously someone at Third Love said "yes! This ad is so cool!" So f'n dumb, childish, annoying and weird.

Mara played by actress Natalie Palamides?  My ears bleed with you.

Thank God the Third Love nitwits didn't come up with an even more juvenile last name for Dr. Barbra.  Like Boobstein.

• LOL 2
20 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Thank God the Third Love nitwits didn't come up with an even more juvenile last name for Dr. Barbra.  Like Boobstein.

Stop giving them free ideas! Lol. I've checked out their website long before their ridiculous commercial came on. They aren't very accommodating to all bra sizes. I was told "sorry we don't have that size bra. Check back later." And I'm not a big breasted woman. And i HATE that they refer to womens breasts as "boulders." 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Lots of the shows we watch are only on discovery plus and not going to be shown on regular channels. Which sucks. 

Keep checking.  A show we wanted to watch was "exclusive" to Discovery + for only a month before it was on the real Discovery.

Not sure if this is a regional commercial or what (probably not, since they seem to be everywhere), but UPMC has these commercials with patients who presumably went to their hospitals.  They almost always end with "I didn't choose (cancer/heart attack/being stung by bees), but I did choose UPMC."  Who the hell WOULD choose any of those?  The latest one has a doctor employed by UPMC saying that she choose UPMC for her insurance.  Well, no shit.  Do ya think UPMC would offer Highmark to their employees?  They don't.

• LOL 1

Can't believe I'm the first to call this one out, but: The latest (migraine med) ad with Khloe Kardashian and her 3 inch long 'fingernails' and plastic face, in which she uses her sad, plain little child as a prop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Can't believe I'm the first to call this one out, but: The latest (migraine med) ad with Khloe Kardashian and her 3 inch long 'fingernails' and plastic face, in which she uses her sad, plain little child as a prop.

Yeah, I'm with you.  The first one was bad enough but they thought it was good enough to cast her in another one with her child to make her appear more relatable.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Stop giving them free ideas! Lol. I've checked out their website long before their ridiculous commercial came on. They aren't very accommodating to all bra sizes. I was told "sorry we don't have that size bra. Check back later." And I'm not a big breasted woman. And i HATE that they refer to womens breasts as "boulders." 

Thankfully I've never seen this ad (and am not willing to google it), but I'm horrified by "women's breasts as boulders".  Has no-one reported this to an oversight organisation?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Thankfully I've never seen this ad (and am not willing to google it), but I'm horrified by "women's breasts as boulders".  Has no-one reported this to an oversight organisation?

Agreed. It's a very distasteful commercial that appears (to me) to be making jokes about women's breasts, bra sizes etc. I would NEVER order anything from them. True Love? What a joke. True shit is more like it. At least it rhymes with true grit 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
On 3/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, chenoa333 said:

My newest hated commercial is Third Love with "Dr. BarBRA Boulders".  Who the hell told this company this would be a fantastic ad campaign for bras? And obviously someone at Third Love said "yes! This ad is so cool!" So f'n dumb, childish, annoying and weird.

I’ve been hearing podcast ads for Third Love for a while, and they seemed like a decent company. The recent streaming ads have definitely changed my mind. I shouldn’t be surprised. Every podcast ad company I look into turns out to be too good to be true. Lookin at you, Stamps dot com. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

It probably is trying to go back to the days (the 70s?  80s?) when bras were referred to as "over the shoulder boulder holders".  I haven't heard the phrase in years and years.

I cannot hear it without thinking of Beaches, when C.C. performs "Otto Titsling" ("he had invented the world's first over the shoulder boulder holder").

The result of this swindle is pointedly clear
Do you buy a Titsling or do you buy a Brassiere?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The new iPhone commercial where the woman is walking down the street talking and drops her phone. Then she goes through all these weird moves to keep it from hitting the ground while the most annoying song plays. She ends up dropping it, but because the new iPhone has some sort of ceramic shell, it doesn’t break. So she just picks it up, dusts it off and goes back to her conversation.

I hate it because if you’re trying to stop your phone from dropping, you don’t continue walking as it bounces all around your arms and chest and everything. Usually it just ... drops. I know, I’m expecting too much realism. I just really find the woman herself and the music annoying.

• Love 12

Fabletics leggings where the woman's hand is slapping the asses of a bunch of other chicks wearing the leggings.  Borderline weird and definitely cringy.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.  They're also proud of themselves to name their main competitor by name.  How dare they!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Fabletics leggings where the woman's hand is slapping the asses of a bunch of other chicks wearing the leggings.  Borderline weird and definitely cringy.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.  They're also proud of themselves to name their main competitor by name.  How dare they!

Isn't that Kate Hudson's company? I haven't seen that specific ad and I hope I never do. I can't stand Kate and would never buy anything from her company. 

• Love 3

The new iPhone commercial where the woman is walking down the street talking and drops her phone. Then she goes through all these weird moves to keep it from hitting the ground while the most annoying song plays. She ends up dropping it, but because the new iPhone has some sort of ceramic shell, it doesn’t break. So she just picks it up, dusts it off and goes back to her conversation.

This! I find this commercial so triggering I came right here to complain about it! I cannot lunge fast enough for the remote to mute or change the channel. The song/music (?) playing is like a jackhammer in my brain. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

This! I find this commercial so triggering I came right here to complain about it! I cannot lunge fast enough for the remote to mute or change the channel. The song/music (?) playing is like a jackhammer in my brain. 

But ya gotta admire someone who can say "tig-a-tig-a-tig-a" so damn fast.  Or maybe not. It IS annoying.

• Love 4
On 3/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, Browncoat said:

It probably is trying to go back to the days (the 70s?  80s?) when bras were referred to as "over the shoulder boulder holders".  I haven't heard the phrase in years and years.

My dad used that phrase, but boulders are not breasts, they are rocks, because the bra as an over the shoulder boulder holder as he used it, a bra is a fancy kind of sling shot. He was a country boy during the depression. I haven't seen the Third Love ad, I guess they're not marketed to old people on the old people channel.

• Love 2

May have been covered, but I'm currently irritated by the idiot in the Xfinity commercial who argues with Amy Poehler about how to pronounce "malware"... She's wrong... and I just want to smack her

On March 22, 2021 at 12:18 PM, cinsays said:

huh, and i love it, almost as much as the geico ad with the motorcycle girl singing "Build me up buttercup"

oh well

I love it, too! AND the  "Build Me Up Buttercup" ad!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I haven't seen the Third Love ad, I guess they're not marketed to old people on the old people channel.

There's a new company that I've been seeing adds for: Knix Bras. They're wireless and one of the reasons one of the women in the ad likes them is because she doesn't have the time or patience for wire bras. For me, the whole reason I prefer wireless ones is because they're comfortable. I can kind of understand the patience part but what the heck does time have to do with a wire vs. wireless bra? 

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

The LiMu emu showed up in a Jeopardy! clue tonight. 🤣

Embarrassed to admit that "LiMu" went completely over my head as I kept thinking it had something to do with "limo." It, um, wasn't until late last week that I went, "Ohhhh, LIberty MUtual." 🤓

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I know! I would have thought the Geico Gecko would have veto power over that!

Well, he did get in a dig; the clue made fun of the "Liberty, Liberty, Liberty" in all the commercials ("LiMu is an insurance-selling emu for this company that's very, very, very unafraid to repeat its name at the end of its ads").

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

They're wireless and one of the reasons one of the women in the ad likes them is because she doesn't have the time or patience for wire bras. For me, the whole reason I prefer wireless ones is because they're comfortable.

yeah I've spent the last year transitioning from all wired bras to all wireless bras. I just needed to find ones that were supportive enough, but once I did, there's no going back. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cynicat said:

What are you doing with all the free time you gained by switching to a wireless bra?

I bet she's got more patience now, too!

Honestly, I'd be interested in what brand wireless bra gives support.  I have ONE great bra from Glamorise that, of course, has been discontinued and apparently, Glamorise forgot how to make good bras or they don't supply the good ones to wherever I shop.  I wish I had the courage to go braless

Holy Crap! As I was typing this, a Meow Mix commercial came on with some raggedy-looking cats "singing" a country love song in a bar with the lyrics, of course, being "Meow."  If Meow Mix doesn't nourish the fur any better than that, how is it even still on the market?

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Embarrassed to admit that "LiMu" went completely over my head as I kept thinking it had something to do with "limo." It, um, wasn't until late last week that I went, "Ohhhh, LIberty MUtual."

Don't feel bad, I didn't figure it out either, GF said something one day and it clicked.

• Love 3

Watching the commercial for Glad recyclable bags where the man is cleaning off a spill on the table with a paper towel, but he leaves a big white smear and instead of going over the table again, he throws the paper towel away.  Ugh.

4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Holy Crap! As I was typing this, a Meow Mix commercial came on with some raggedy-looking cats "singing" a country love song in a bar with the lyrics, of course, being "Meow."  If Meow Mix doesn't nourish the fur any better than that, how is it even still on the market?

All I know is that I feed alley cats near my building, and Meow Mix is one of the two brands that they turn their noses up at. When an animal that crawls through garbage dumpsters for discarded food won't touch your cat chow, maybe reconsider the formula...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

All I know is that I feed alley cats near my building, and Meow Mix is one of the two brands that they turn their noses up at. When an animal that crawls through garbage dumpsters for discarded food won't touch your cat chow, maybe reconsider the formula...

Despite the cute name, Meow Mix, it's known to be the equivalent of junk food for cats.  It may be cheaper, but all cats need solid nutrition provided by quality ingredients, not a bunch of fillers and flavors.  I have never fed any of my kitties Meow Mix and never had pet sitting clients who used MM either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, tanyak said:

The new iPhone commercial where the woman is walking down the street talking and drops her phone.

Yes! I hate that one, too.  Have to mute or pause, then fast-forward.

13 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:
On 3/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, tanyak said:

The new iPhone commercial where the woman is walking down the street talking and drops her phone.

Yes! I hate that one, too.  Have to mute or pause, then fast-forward.

Is that the one where when the slow-motion fall ends, the phone appears to be landing in a sandbox?  So, not quite the same as falling on the sidewalk.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

What's the other brand?

When Meow Mix first came out, it bragged that it had 3 different flavors. I bought some for Chester and then got curious - yes, I ate one of each color to see if I could taste the difference. All three "flavors" tasted metallic. I threw the damn box out.  The food that Chester really liked was those tall red cans with the drawing of the white kitty - Kozy Kitten. Quite stinky food, but once, while dishing it out, an entire crab claw came out of the can. I figured if he's eating crab, he's eating better than I was.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Is that the one where when the slow-motion fall ends, the phone appears to be landing in a sandbox?  So, not quite the same as falling on the sidewalk.

I was just coming to edit my original post! The commercial was just on, and it was the first time that I noticed that, yes, it falls in the sand and not on the sidewalk. Now I’m even more annoyed.

Phone should be in a case anyway.

• Love 1

Haven't seen that ad ...yet... but my phone is always in my pocket as my "Help I've fallen and can't get up" device. Hardly ever use it and it isn't in a case because it wouldn't fit in my pocket. Also as I am hardly ever out of the house...

16 hours ago, dleighg said:

yeah I've spent the last year transitioning from all wired bras to all wireless bras. I just needed to find ones that were supportive enough, but once I did, there's no going back. 

Cubbie bras.

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I bet she's got more patience now, too!

Honestly, I'd be interested in what brand wireless bra gives support.  I have ONE great bra from Glamorise that, of course, has been discontinued and apparently, Glamorise forgot how to make good bras or they don't supply the good ones to wherever I shop.  I wish I had the courage to go braless

I'm sorry, it was your post I was replying to.  Cubbie Bras.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

What's the other brand?

Amusingly enough, Alley Cat brand. (That one wasn't a surprise, it was the cheapest cat chow I've ever seen in grocery stores and smelled awful when I opened the bag.)

Similarly, while I like the Sheba commercials featuring cats mind-controlling their owners, my somewhat pampered indoor cats don't like the food and will leave it untasted. Of course they've been eating prescription Hills Science Diet food for most of their lives and that stuff better taste delicious as much as it costs—chicken and pork that I buy for my own meals is cheaper per pound!

• Love 4

somewhere in one of these threads, probably this one, someone mentioned how annoying the Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Cheetos commercial was. I hadn't seen, but something I was watching recently had the ad on several times. Holy Cow! You'd think that someone who makes the kind of money he does, he could afford a singing coach. He's really and truly annoying.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 3/21/2021 at 8:48 PM, chessiegal said:

Does it seem to anyone else like those ASPCA ads last 20 minutes? I just timed one - 2 minutes. That's got to be much longer than normal ads. I can't watch them. Too disturbing.

Whenever one of those ads comes on, I scream “no no no!” and lunge for the remote. It’s too bad too, because I do give money to animal welfare charities, but I cannot leave these commercials on long enough to learn where to donate to.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, Scout Finch said:

There's a new company that I've been seeing adds for: Knix Bras. They're wireless and one of the reasons one of the women in the ad likes them is because she doesn't have the time or patience for wire bras. For me, the whole reason I prefer wireless ones is because they're comfortable. I can kind of understand the patience part but what the heck does time have to do with a wire vs. wireless bra? 

I complained about this ad on another thread. Even if wired bras *were* somehow more time consuming, how much time could they actually consume?

But neither of these commercials is why I came here tonight. I came here tonight because the other day I saw a commercial with a singing vagina. Yes. Women doing yoga, spreading their legs, and their vaginas singing a happy “laaaaa!” I want someone to tell me I dreamed this. I want someone to tell me this was not real. Please. For the love of God. Tell me it was just a terrible dream.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Whenever one of those ads comes on, I scream “no no no!” and lunge for the remote. It’s too bad too, because I do give money to animal welfare charities, but I cannot leave these commercials on long enough to learn where to donate to.

I complained about this ad on another thread. Even if wired bras *were* somehow more time consuming, how much time could they actually consume?

But neither of these commercials is why I came here tonight. I came here tonight because the other day I saw a commercial with a singing vagina. Yes. Women doing yoga, spreading their legs, and their vaginas singing a happy “laaaaa!” I want someone to tell me I dreamed this. I want someone to tell me this was not real. Please. For the love of God. Tell me it was just a terrible dream.

As far as I know, you dreamed it. I've never seen it, so, for me, it's not real. I hope for both our sakes (and everyone else's) that it WAS a dream. Take some Alka Seltzer before bed. It helps with heartburn/refluxm which can encourage mighty weird dreams.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Sadly, it is an ad...the singing whoo ha so happy she found the right feminine odor cleaner...it is disgusting and if I never see it again it will be too soon!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5