Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Maverick

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Okay - the Cadillac commercial which shows a woman in super-tight pink crop pants (or as my ol' fogeyness calls them 'highwaters') and red stiletto pumps silently creeps around her house early in the morning and checking in on her kids before she's ready to leave to get into her big ol' Caddy SUV.  She's shown stepping over an obstacle course of toys strewn all over her living room floor as well as the sleeping dog.  Am I the only one screaming in their head at her to just pick that crap up off the floor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybCgqouSBJA

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

27 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

That is the maid's job probably.

I have a friend that used to be an estate manager (read: butler) and he told me once that one of the maids was complaining that one of the kids had been leaving big deuces in the toilet and not flushing them. The lady of the house replied "That's your job," I always wondered how much therapy those kids were going to need.

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, you probably would have if your kid was known for using a whole roll every time he went.

Or your family spent evenings in the livingroom fondling tp.

• Laugh 8

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Hey knuckles! Welcome to this topic. I'm sorry that people kind of stomped on your first post. We're really nice, I promise. We need different points of view so please don't give up on us!❤️

Double welcome, knuckles!  I hate most of the dancing in commercials too, especially little kids bustin' a move an acting all sexy thang.  I hate women dancing in the street about birth control too.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

On 1/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, knuckles491 said:

Hello all.  I just discovered this page, so it may have been mentioned before.  What's with all the people who are dancing in commercials?  People in real life don't dance in their kitchens and living rooms.  At least once I day I am seeing people dance about vitamins, clear skin, life insurance, nutrisystem, you name it.  

My absolutely most hated* commercial right now is for Wayfair. I literally cover my eyes so I don't have to see her dancing.
(*most hated unless or until the migraine "mommy can we play?" ad is back in rotation.)

wayfair-feels-like-this-song-by-grace-mesa-large-4.jpg

• Like 4

I hate the commercial for Reputation Defender. That guy is too stupid to be in business. He knows he has had issues with bad reviews, but he doesn’t think to check before this big important meeting? And then he acts all surprised and shocked that the review is still there. I wouldn’t hire him. Not because he got a bad review, but because he is clearly oblivious.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have a friend that used to be an estate manager (read: butler) and he told me once that one of the maids was complaining that one of the kids had been leaving big deuces in the toilet and not flushing them. The lady of the house replied "That's your job," I always wondered how much therapy those kids were going to need.

Wait, what? Either that lady was also not flushing, or the non-flusher in question (in which case, how many generations of this family aren't flushing, and what does the husband think about what he married into), or else she knows it isn't the maid's job.

Edited by janie jones

24 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Not to mention, do they flush when out in public, or do they take the manager with them to do it for them?

No the manager didn't have to do it. It was the maid's "job".

Wait, what? Either that lady was also not flushing, or the non-flusher in question (in which case, how many generations of this family aren't flushing, and what does the husband thing abou what he married into), or else she knows it isn't the maid's job.

The husband was an even bigger asshole. The maid must have been new. I guess she learned.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3

I would have been fired about 30 seconds later after sarcastically asking "should I be wiping their asses for them, too?"

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

12 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

I would have been fired about 30 seconds later after sarcastically asking "should I be wiping their asses for them, too?"

They probably would have said "Of course, peon."

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Not to mention, do they flush when out in public, or do they take the manager with them to do it for them?

Taken over to small talk.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I'd never make it as a maid either. I'd definitely have a sarcastic comment and get fired.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, dleighg said:

The Prevagen ads bug me. This couple that "we take care of ourselves, it's important" say they've been taking it for 12 years. "And it still makes a difference-- I can tell." How can you tell if you've been taking it for 12 years? You just know you'd be stupid as heck by now if you weren't taking it?

Or are you doing double blind trials every year to prove that it still works?

All I know is that after seeing the commercial all weekend, my daughter says she's going to start putting it in my wine to see what happens.

• Laugh 6

After noticing that things I know are not coming out of my brain the older I get, I told my husband I was thinking of taking Prevagen. Without missing a beat, he said - you'll forget to take it. Bah-da-boom. Sometimes I think he married me because I'm his perfect straight man. 😄

• Laugh 9

4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'd never make it as a maid either. I'd definitely have a sarcastic comment and get fired.

I'd never make it as a maid because I fucking hate cleaning.

• Like 6