Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Trey said:

It is a stupid commercial and it took me a while to find out what they were advertising. It's the car, right?

Anyhow, I think the little girl is so cute and even her "Where's the pizza?" doesn't annoy because it's so hopeful, not demanding. YMMV

There's another version now the begins the same but ends with the cute little girl replying, "The hate it" when the mother announces, "I hope dinosaurs like salmon."  Yeah, those filet are salmon.

• Love 1

I almost don't want to mention it, because I really don't want to see it, but there's ads from a certain dating site I don't see on tv any more. Maybe it's that I just don't watch the channels they advertise on. Maybe all the farmers found each other.

Where I used to work, we never mentioned names of patients we never wanted to see again because as soon as their name was said, they'd make an appointment. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

TBH, I've never paid enough attention to understand what is going on in that commercial.  but, if the Peterson's asked steak lady to babysit and she agreed, how are the Petersons being selfish?  If Petersons were vague in their invitation how is steak lady being selfish?  

Judging by her behavior, I got the impression she wanted to impress the Petersons by showing off the expensive steaks she got at the pricey store. I also got the impression the Petersons didn't make it clear they wanted someone to feed their children and babysit. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ubiquit0us said:

I also got the impression the Petersons didn't make it clear they wanted someone to feed their children and babysit. 

Her husband knew, so they made it plain to him. If I'm having friends over for dinner, I'm not trying to impress them by making a "fancy" dinner. They are my friends. I want to make them a nice meal. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

There's another version now the begins the same but ends with the cute little girl replying, "The hate it" when the mother announces, "I hope dinosaurs like salmon."  Yeah, those filet are salmon.

I saw that one first. Then I saw the "Where's the pizza?" one and I just figured the dinosaur one was dropped because it was so obnoxious.  I think that's why I got confused when y'all started talking about steak, because I always knew it was salmon.  WHY on earth would they bring the obnoxious one back?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I haven't seen that one. 

• Love 1

Noom still drives me crazy. Especially Mr "I was training for the Olympics". 

The ads are so vague it's like they're a secret diet society. No matter. I googled Noom and I still can't figure out the program,  it seems to a version of Weight Watchers. 

Anyone with further information, let me know. 

• Love 7
On 1/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, GeorgiaRai said:

My absolutely most hated* commercial right now is for Wayfair. I literally cover my eyes so I don't have to see her dancing.
(*most hated unless or until the migraine "mommy can we play?" ad is back in rotation.)

I laughed at this comment...had not seen "migraine mommy" for a while and then it reappeared the other night.  Even though I live alone, I still said out loud "Oh, no...she's back"!  Not sure why that commercial has always bugged me...I think it might be mommy's over-the-top acting.  Like most commercials seem to do nowadays, it has been modified from a 1 minute ad to a 30 second one, so some scenes have been deleted.

Speaking of which, just saw the modified ad for Liberty Mutual where the 2 boys are opening their Christmas presents...and they completely cut out the kid whining about getting a bike!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rock73 said:

I laughed at this comment...had not seen "migraine mommy" for a while and then it reappeared the other night.  Even though I live alone, I still said out loud "Oh, no...she's back"!  Not sure why that commercial has always bugged me...I think it might be mommy's over-the-top acting.  Like most commercials seem to do nowadays, it has been modified from a 1 minute ad to a 30 second one, so some scenes have been deleted.

Speaking of which, just saw the modified ad for Liberty Mutual where the 2 boys are opening their Christmas presents...and they completely cut out the kid whining about getting a bike!  

The thing that bugs me the most about migraine mommy, other than her OTT acting is that the kid is way too old to want to play dress up and pretend with mommy. A board game? Sure. Poker? Gotta learn sometime. But dress up and pretend? I don't think so.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw that one first. Then I saw the "Where's the pizza?" one and I just figured the dinosaur one was dropped because it was so obnoxious.  I think that's why I got confused when y'all started talking about steak, because I always knew it was salmon.  WHY on earth would they bring the obnoxious one back?

I think they're both obnoxious...can't stand that little snot

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw the pizza one first and have only seen the dinosaurs one recently.  I always knew she was pointing at fish fillets although did not know it was salmon until the dinosaurs one, so I didn't know what the one with steaks was.  Now I realize some people here thought it was steak not fish.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Rock73 said:

They need to cut out showing any and all Christmas season ads now!  Seriously.

• Love 8

In the version of the Peterson dinner ad without the dinosaur reference, when the woman is at the store counter, she clearly points to salmon filets, and says - I'll have 4 filets. We eat salmon filets about once a week, so I didn't need to hear the salmon reference.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, Rock73 said:

My daughter (who is 35) was over the other day when this came on.  I commented on how I had deprived her of playing pirates/robots/dress-up/"ARRRRRGH"!!! with me, complete with props, when she was 12.  She thanked me.  

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, Rock73 said:

A kid whining about a bike would be the least bad thing about any Liberty Mutual commercial.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, Milburn Stone said:

A kid whining about a bike would be the least bad thing about any Liberty Mutual commercial.

Liberty Mutual doesn't even insure bicycles, so why would they bother with a kid and a bike at Christmas?  I'd rather see the emu than a whining kid.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Liberty Mutual doesn't even insure bicycles, so why would they bother with a kid and a bike at Christmas?  I'd rather see the emu than a whining kid.

I thinks it's funny. Not "laugh riot" funny more "sensible chuckle" funny.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Liberty Mutual doesn't even insure bicycles, so why would they bother with a kid and a bike at Christmas?

The premise is that one kid got insurance - and is happy with his gift, while the other kid got a bike and is disappointed with it. The insurance is not in any way related to the bicycle. The joke is just "kid getting thing it would be very normal to be pleased with, is not".

• Love 4

I'm certain this has already annoyed many but I just need to remind everyone about the Nurtec pharmaceutical drug for migraines. The spokeswoman is Khloe Simpson..OOPS! I meant Khloe Kardashian! She's preening and posing and looking ridiculous all the while telling us how she's suffered from migraines all her life.  But now she can carry on with her oh-so-very important life and work thanks to Nurtec. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Liberty Mutual annoys me to no end.

Their motto "only pay for what you need" is absurd.  What insurance company makes you pay for insurance you don't need. 

I thought the whole point of insurance was paying for a bunch of stuff you don’t need in case there’s one thing that you do end up needing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Also, any commercial (or person) that uses the term “ooey gooey” can go right to hell. “Yummy” is bad, but “ooey gooey” is a whole other level.

I can't help but remember this commercial which is what I sing in my head every time I hear the words "ooey gooey" 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I'm certain this has already annoyed many but I just need to remind everyone about the Nurtec pharmaceutical drug for migraines. The spokeswoman is Khloe Simpson..OOPS! I meant Khloe Kardashian! She's preening and posing and looking ridiculous all the while telling us how she's suffered from migraines all her life.  But now she can carry on with her oh-so-very important life and work thanks to Nurtec. 

Not to mention, all the Botox, fillers and assorted plastic surgery probably contributed to the migraines, just as watching this nobody make even more money and take up more room on my tv often gives me a headache.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Botox is an approved treatment for migraines.

Yes it is. Apparently it works. But I was specifically referring to the fact that Khloe has had so much cosmetic surgery for everything else on her body. Her tv show on E! is called Revenge Body. 

My point was that Khloe has no purposeful job other than lots of plastic surgery so migraines aren't stopping her from more plastic surgery. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes it is. Apparently it works. But I was specifically referring to the fact that Khloe has had so much cosmetic surgery for everything else on her body. Her tv show on E! is called Revenge Body. 

My point was that Khloe has no purposeful job other than lots of plastic surgery so migraines aren't stopping her from more plastic surgery. 

That's all of them. The dumbing down and famous for being famous fad is a disgrace to this country.

• Love 18

apparently, the Peloton instructors have become stars in their own right during this pandemic. Was watching Weekend Today and the two hosts got a surprise lesson from one today (probably filmed earlier this week) by one of the Peloton star instructors. They were so excited. I was "oh please, give me a break!"

Taking my comment about the Kardashians to Small Talk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

apparently, the Peloton instructors have become stars in their own right during this pandemic. Was watching Weekend Today and the two hosts got a surprise lesson from one today (probably filmed earlier this week) by one of the Peloton star instructors. They were so excited. I was "oh please, give me a break!"

Taking my comment about the Kardashians to Small Talk.

We need an eye roll button.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I'm not sure to which  "commercials" page this comment belongs.  But I have seen a commercial for 2 older people who have hearing loss, and have to use a phone with captioning to talk to their grandchildren.  I just realized that the woman is Kathy Garver, who played Cissy on "Family Affair".  Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's who it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Up thread I mentioned a fat guy dancing in the shower. Nobody seemed to know what I was talking about, but it isn’t the acrobatic Delta guy. (Well choreographed and shot commercial.  The guy isn’t fat but I did not find his face attractive).

i finally saw the commercial I was talking about.  It’s Kohler’s shower head speaker called Moxie. It starts with a black woman in the shower, then the fat guy dancing with great enthusiasm, a white woman chair dancing on her toilet, a dad bathing his kid, two Asian girls dancing/singing in front of the bathroom mirror, and finally a black man in the shower.  It’s the hairy fat guy I could do without.  And something about him reminds me of Paul Giamatti.

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Up thread I mentioned a fat guy dancing in the shower. Nobody seemed to know what I was talking about, but it isn’t the acrobatic Delta guy. (Well choreographed and shot commercial.  The guy isn’t fat but I did not find his face attractive).

i finally saw the commercial I was talking about.  It’s Kohler’s shower head speaker called Moxie. It starts with a black woman in the shower, then the fat guy dancing with great enthusiasm, a white woman chair dancing on her toilet, a dad bathing his kid, two Asian girls dancing/singing in front of the bathroom mirror, and finally a black man in the shower.  It’s the hairy fat guy I could do without.  And something about him reminds me of Paul Giamatti.

I have no problem with the people dancing in their showers (except be careful!  It's slippery!) but is a speaker that attaches to your showerhead something we really need?  Out of curiosity I checked it out.  Originally $300, it's on sale for $179.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2021 at 6:00 PM, theatremouse said:

The premise is that one kid got insurance - and is happy with his gift, while the other kid got a bike and is disappointed with it. The insurance is not in any way related to the bicycle. The joke is just "kid getting thing it would be very normal to be pleased with, is not".

This is one Liberty Mutual spot I missed (thank God), but, just for shits and giggles, the kid who got the insurance--what kind of coverage did he "need"?

It's not specified. There's a big box under the tree, wrapped. He unwraps it and it has the logo on it and he says something like "yay coverage". It's 100% a joke. The opening of the ad is a woman saying "research shows nostalgia makes people like products" (or something similar) and then she says "so here's this" and it cuts to the home-video-looking footage of the kid unwrapping it, and then the other kid reacting to the bike. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

In case you are tempted to watch it, here it is.

Santa should have given the kid a Flowbee for Christmas.

Having the mom mugging for the camera at the end is kind of obnoxious. Okay, there is no "kind of" about it, she is obnoxious.

I'm pretty sure the director told her to ham it up.

• Love 2

The Capital One commercial featuring Taylor Swift pondering what to wear in chilly weather can go away.  I don't care how warm that cardigan is - as long as she's wearing those overall short shorts with her butt cheeks hanging out

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

This is one Liberty Mutual spot I missed (thank God), but, just for shits and giggles, the kid who got the insurance--what kind of coverage did he "need"?

That's why I said this ad makes no sense because Liberty Mutual doesn't insure bicycles.  Or anything else the brat operates:  skateboard, roller blades?  Whatever.  I hope this seasonal delight has by now been shelved -- until Xmas 2021, of course.