Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Maverick

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Recommended Posts

On 3/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, smittykins said:
On 3/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, AZChristian said:

"House in a Hurry" commercials for a new TLC commercial.

"Callhercallhercallhercallher."

Fast forward or mute.

Is that what she’s saying?  I thought it was “Colorcolorcolorcolorcolor.”

I didn't understand, and really thought the woman had some disability.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, auntjess said:
On 3/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, smittykins said:
On 3/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, AZChristian said:

"House in a Hurry" commercials for a new TLC commercial.

"Callhercallhercallhercallher."

Fast forward or mute.

Is that what she’s saying?  I thought it was “Colorcolorcolorcolorcolor.”

I didn't understand, and really thought the woman had some disability.

I thought it is the man who is saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, elle said:

I thought it is the man who is saying it.

No. it's the woman. The husband is holding a smart phone.

ETA: The show is as stupid and annoying as the ad.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

No. it's the woman. The husband is holding a smart phone.

ETA: The show is as stupid and annoying as the ad.

Yeah, as they're filming, the man looks at his smart phone and says they just got a message from the realtor:  "Awake?!"

At which point the woman - totally ignoring the fact that they're filming (IMO) starts with her annoying "Callhercallhercallher" command.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not usually a violent person, but when I see the guy marching and singing "Light is Life" i want to punch him in the throat.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2020 at 7:35 PM, dleighg said:

you can save them up and run them through the washing machine!

Back in the day, I had a friend who had gotten so shit faced drunk, he couldn't make it to the toilet.  He did make it to the washing machine.  His mom wasn't pleased.

I thought this Angel Soft ad was okay, up until they showed the huge gaps between toilet paper rolls as they traveled on their way to packaging.  All of these toilet paper companies need to get their shit in gear.

If these companies were smart, they would cut the price and reduce the number of rolls per package.  A humongous 48 roll package of toilet paper can only be bought by one person.  If they reduced the packaging to four rolls per package, twelve people can get a four roll package.

If/when the demand for toilet paper lowers, then go back and make the larger packaging.

Some stores are limiting how much people can buy.   I have a friend that went to the store to buy paper towels and he was told he could only buy one package.   They were only available in single packs and 3 packs.   So all of the three packs went first which left just the singles.  Somehow it doesn't seem right that a person can buy a three pack and have that count as one item, but another person can't buy two singles.

The woman on television the other day said that she can't understand why people are hoarding toilet paper.  Now that's a woman's hand I don't want to shake.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Ad for Nurtec, a migraine pill.  "Don't take if allergic to Nurtec." No kidding?  Wow!

honestly they do that for all the drugs (and typically add "or any of its ingredients"). How many advertising dollars/seconds have been eaten up by these lawyer CYA statements?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

honestly they do that for all the drugs (and typically add "or any of its ingredients"). How many advertising dollars/seconds have been eaten up by these lawyer CYA statements?

They're following FDA guidelines.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

They're following FDA guidelines.

I wish they couldn't advertise AT ALL.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I wish they couldn't advertise AT ALL.

I agree. You can't just go out and get prescription medicine.  A doctor has to give you permission to buy it, so advertising to the masses never made much sense to me.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

The eHarmony ad with three guys, the first one is athletic but doesn’t like playing games in relationships, the second guy loves his dog and wants a girl to be his best friend too and the third guy cooks and blah blah blah. I really, really want to wipe the smile off of the face of the guy with the dog. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I absolutely hate the White Castle sliders commercial.  Not only are they exaggerating the difference between normal burgers and sliders, the sliders shown appear to just be a dry bun with a meat patty and cheese, while the burger they show a child disgustedly examining actually has toppings on it, which I find much more appealing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I wish they couldn't advertise AT ALL.

Considering I woke up with that horrific Skyrizi song playing in my head this morning, I heartily agree with you. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The Sonic commercial with the girls saying "chocolate" over and over. Apparently they think the girl in the front passenger seat says it weird like "chocklit." Please shut up. You're making me hate Sonic and I love their tots and cherry limeade.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if weight-loss programs and/or gyms are already working on ads for once they re-open and we all have to work off our Covid19 pounds.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

The Sonic commercial with the girls saying "chocolate" over and over. Apparently they think the girl in the front passenger seat says it weird like "chocklit." Please shut up. You're making me hate Sonic and I love their tots and cherry limeade.

And in the other one they complain she tells cheesy jokes.  I’ve already commented on my aggravation with these commercials.  Long overdue to pull them, Sonic!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think I've ever seen any Sonic ad that has actually made me want to eat there.  Way to go, ad folks -- driving people away!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I don't think I've ever seen any Sonic ad that has actually made me want to eat there.  Way to go, ad folks -- driving people away!

Me neither. I've tried to like the new people because of how much I hated those two stupid guys they've had in their commercials forever and don't want them to come back. But nope.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I wonder if weight-loss programs and/or gyms are already working on ads for once they re-open and we all have to work off our Covid19 pounds.

I've actually lost 8 pounds since this whole mess has started.  Stress is good for something apparently.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw a commercial for Bounty. The announcer says something like "So you bought those good enough paper towels." I clapped back, "No, I didn't because there weren't any paper towels at the Food Lion."

Edited by mmecorday
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I just saw a commercial for Bounty. The announcer says something like "So you bought those good enough paper towels." I clapped back, "No, I didn't because there weren't any paper towels at the Food Lion."

Right?  At this point I'd be happy with any paper towel I can find!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I get annoyed at all the places offering free delivery, because the only place that delivers to our address is Domino's. I get sucked into checking and the result is always the same - sorry, delivery is not available to this address.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

I know someone said they hate all the “we’re in this together” sad sack corona ads, but I found myself getting really annoyed with Rexulti for running the ad where the sad lady has lunch with her friends and at the end they clasp hands.

I sure would like to do all that, Rexulti, but I CAN’T.

Also in things we cannot do right now, the mother who is SHOCKED that her daughter booked the groomer on the PetSmart app is way way way too young to not understand how smartphones work.  I hate that ad.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Also in things we cannot do right now, the mother who is SHOCKED that her daughter booked the groomer on the PerSmart app is way way way too young to not understand how smartphones work.  I hate that ad.

Yeah, my kids are in their twenties, and I'm the one who taught my 90 year old father how to use a smart phone. As a roughtly 60-year-old, I'm good.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I can't stand the dominoes ad with mimics the Risky Business dancing at home in their underwear scene.  Because that scene has no relation at all to the reason for ordering dominoes.  Its just cheap nostalgia with no connection at all to the product or the rest of the ad.  Not to mention its such a clichéd scene and thing to mimic, has been done a thousand times already in the last 40 or so years since that movie came out. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I can't stand the dominoes ad with mimics the Risky Business dancing at home in their underwear scene.  Because that scene has no relation at all to the reason for ordering dominoes.  Its just cheap nostalgia with no connection at all to the product or the rest of the ad.  Not to mention its such a clichéd scene and thing to mimic, has been done a thousand times already in the last 40 or so years since that movie came out. 

Plus the delivery person played Booger on Revenge of the Nerds.  A dude that kept his hand up his nose wrist deep practically through the entire movie.   I would hate to have that dude delivering my pizza.  I wouldn't want any of his "special toppings" added to my pizza.

When I was a kid,  I went over to another kid's house.  His brother had a nose picking addiction.  He was making a pizza and he kept nose diving all through the process without washing his hands.  They offered me a slice, not a chance in a million years.  That dude was disgusting..  I wouldn't have had any pizza even if he had washed his hands.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

So is anyone else getting Franklin Graham proselytizing during their 6pm news, or is that just me?  

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So is anyone else getting Franklin Graham proselytizing during their 6pm news, or is that just me?  

I'm getting that, and I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

Also, Neuriva, I do not want to "brain" better.  I don't even know what that means.   Brain is not a verb.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Plus the delivery person played Booger on Revenge of the Nerds.  A dude that kept his hand up his nose wrist deep practically through the entire movie.   I would hate to have that dude delivering my pizza.  I wouldn't want any of his "special toppings" added to my pizza.

When I was a kid,  I went over to another kid's house.  His brother had a nose picking addiction.  He was making a pizza and he kept nose diving all through the process without washing his hands.  They offered me a slice, not a chance in a million years.  That dude was disgusting..  I wouldn't have had any pizza even if he had washed his hands.

I had forgotten about that part of it, which makes it even worse. 

And that is Curtis Armstrong you are referring to, who was actually in risky business as well.  I guess they tried to make SOME connection there, but still not enough

Also looking it up now on IMDB, I didn't realize that was Joey Pantoliano as Guido in RIsky Business. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I had forgotten about that part of it, which makes it even worse. 

And that is Curtis Armstrong you are referring to, who was actually in risky business as well.  I guess they tried to make SOME connection there, but still not enough

Also looking it up now on IMDB, I didn't realize that was Joey Pantoliano as Guido in RIsky Business. 

"I've got a trig midterm tomorrow and I'm being chased by Guido, the killer pimp."

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

What's with the sudden increase of the animal abuse fund-raising commercials? I've just seen three in the past 30 minutes on two different channels.

We're already depressed enough as it is right now. Give me a break.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

What's with the sudden increase of the animal abuse fund-raising commercials? I've just seen three in the past 30 minutes on two different channels.

We're already depressed enough as it is right now. Give me a break.

and they all are about 20 minutes long, over and over again!!!!!!!!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I feel badly for Curtis Armstrong because social distancing has now wiped him right out of the Dominos ad.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, janie jones said:

I find the idea of vacuuming up wet substances completely repulsive.

In this particular case, it's not just a vacuum, it's a wet-dry cleaner.  Actual water is involved.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, icemiser69 said:

Goldilocks wouldn't be eating porridge, sitting in a chair, or sleeping in a bed.  She would be running off with the Charmin Bears' toilet paper supply.   "Who has been sitting on my toilet?"

And selling it on the black market.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, chessiegal said:

At least some people can get delivery The only one that delivers to us is Dominos. GrubHub doesn't. I haven't tried UberEats. Panera Bread announced free delivery. When I tried to order delivery, they said it wasn't available to my address. It's 5 frickin' miles away.

Fortunately the local sub/pizza shops near me have their own delivery people.  Because I know for a fact that GrubHub, Door Dash and Uber Eats don't deliver to my area, and even if they did, they're too damned expensive.  Hell, there's a kabob place about 5 miles from where I work that advertises using Door Dash, but they don't deliver into downtown.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, zoey1996 said:

The Progressive karaoke commercial with the obnoxious voiced woman is the worst ever!

True, but I am a little amused by Jamie singing in the background.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, chessiegal said:

Just checked UberEats and DoorDash and neither of them deliver to our address.

I am so glad the local places have their own drivers.  Much cheaper than any of those other services.  But of course that only helps if there are local places near enough to deliver.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, Haleth said:

Right?  At this point I'd be happy with any paper towel I can find!

Hell, I bought the store brand with the stupid half-size sheets because that was all that Walmart had.  And I hate those half-size things.

13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Plus the delivery person played Booger on Revenge of the Nerds

He also was in Risky Business, which is why he's in that Dominoes commercial.  But I'll never not think of Booger now.

13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So is anyone else getting Franklin Graham proselytizing during their 6pm news, or is that just me?  

No, thank goodness.

12 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Also, Neuriva, I do not want to "brain" better.  I don't even know what that means.   Brain is not a verb.

Neither is science, Bayer commercial.  And Carefirst?  One cannot live fearless.  One can be fearless or live fearlessly.  I'm no fan of Lifebridge Health commercials, but at least "Care bravely" is grammatically correct, even if it does sound stupid.

13 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

lso looking it up now on IMDB, I didn't realize that was Joey Pantoliano as Guido in RIsky Business. 

I knew that, but had forgotten it.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Hell, I bought the store brand with the stupid half-size sheets because that was all that Walmart had.  And I hate those half-size things.

I'll trade you an 8 pack of regular sized sheets for the half sized!  I end up tearing the regular sized ones in half.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

True, but I am a little amused by Jamie singing in the background.

Same!  I try to focus on him instead of the women.

 

9 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

He also was in Risky Business, which is why he's in that Dominoes commercial.  But I'll never not think of Booger now.

I always think of Charle De Mar in Better Off Dead.  Which is a hilarious movie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hands down, one of the worst commercials running (no pun intended) right now is the Pepto Diarrhea commercial.  I don't think I have ever heard anyone say diarrhea so many times in one commercial in my entire life.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I can't stand the Callhercallhercallher woman in the House in a Hurry ad for HGTV either.    By the way, I've bought several houses in less than a week too, so it's not exactly strange.   Also, with online real estate ads, you can weed out a lot of houses without even looking.     I feel sorry for who ever ended up living next to that horrible woman.

The reason I don't like the Dominos delivery guy is he was Goldman in The Closer, and had a vendetta against Brenda. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't stand the Callhercallhercallher woman in the House in a Hurry ad for HGTV either.    By the way, I've bought several houses in less than a week too, so it's not exactly strange.   Also, with online real estate ads, you can weed out a lot of houses without even looking.     I feel sorry for who ever ended up living next to that horrible woman.

The reason I don't like the Dominos delivery guy is he was Goldman in The Closer, and had a vendetta against Brenda. 

Was he the guy who did her lipstick, because that guy really hated her.

Share this post


Link to post

I hate the "select-a-size" half-sheets, too. So far, I'm good on paper towels, but I can't find TP nor flour. Everybody seems to be staying home & baking. 

And right now, ALL the commercials annoy me. I'm turning off the TV & putting on some show tunes to lift my mood.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I hate the "select-a-size" half-sheets, too. So far, I'm good on paper towels, but I can't find TP nor flour. Everybody seems to be staying home & baking. 

And right now, ALL the commercials annoy me. I'm turning off the TV & putting on some show tunes to lift my mood.

Listen to Les Miz, that'll stir up the old blood.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I can't find TP nor flour. Everybody seems to be staying home & baking. 

 

Maybe they're baking prune bread.

  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

I know it’s an old commercial, but I DESPISE the Skittles commercial where the guy is “milking” a giraffe.  I find it gross.  

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I know it’s an old commercial, but I DESPISE the Skittles commercial where the guy is “milking” a giraffe.  I find it gross.  

My grandkids ages 8 to 4 think it's hilarious. There's your demo. 😉

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2020 at 8:26 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I can't stand the dominoes ad with mimics the Risky Business dancing at home in their underwear scene.  Because that scene has no relation at all to the reason for ordering dominoes.  Its just cheap nostalgia with no connection at all to the product or the rest of the ad.  Not to mention its such a clichéd scene and thing to mimic, has been done a thousand times already in the last 40 or so years since that movie came out. 

I like how they have used the exact same commercial (minus the delivery guy) but with different voiceover to advertise their "contactless" delivery. I've noticed a few compaines have done that -- reused the commercials from a month ago with coronavirus-related voiceovers.

21 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

In this particular case, it's not just a vacuum, it's a wet-dry cleaner.  Actual water is involved.

That's not less digusting. There's still mac and cheese all up in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, janie jones said:

I like how they have used the exact same commercial (minus the delivery guy) but with different voiceover to advertise their "contactless" delivery. I've noticed a few compaines have done that -- reused the commercials from a month ago with coronavirus-related voiceovers.

And now the Dominoes commercial doesn’t make sense because why do you need to put on pants if it’s just your pizza at the door?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/14/2020 at 12:07 AM, SmithW6079 said:

I hate the smug narrator's "not everyone can do 20 minutes after work (or in the morning or whenever it is)"

The commercial is a bit obnoxious, but I do have to admit I like the "early-morning" woman's little smirk when she's done.  I've had pretty much that exact look after a difficult run because it feels soooo good to know you got through it.

Share this post


Link to post

Angel Soft, I do appreciate that your workers are busting their tails in order to produce enough TP, but that doesn’t mean squat if it gets scarfed up as soon as it hits the shelves.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size