Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Oh my god, these Lime-a-Rita commercials with these insufferable "whoo! girls" are killing me. First of all, those "a-Ritas" are gross (though I suppose they'll do in a pinch, haha!) but, worse, the oh-so-crazy antics ("one of THOSE nights") described in the commercials are SO LAME! Seriously, I am in my mid-40s and my wild nights are less bland than those of these fools.

Mine, too, and they involve actual margaritas not crap malt beverages.

19 hours ago, GenieinTX said:

Am I the only one massively disturbed by the Rooms to go ad with kids singing "My Stuff" to the tune of "My Humps?"  All I can hear is "my lovely lady lumps".  Ugh Fergie, did you really need that commercial money?

And I disagree that the Amazon/Dog/Lion ad song is the worst song ever.  I vote for this one, that song is horrible!  https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w2FC/snhu-break-the-cycle-song-by-twin-bandit

I don't actually mind either song. 

• Love 1

I'd hate 'em even if they had Harrison Ford in them.

Paws off my boyfriend, Prevailing Wind!

Mine, too, and they involve actual margaritas not crap malt beverages.

Damn right! Though I will admit that I have tried many of those "a-Ritas" just to see (they seemed fun before I knew!). Strawberry is thus far the worst, with mango being not that bad comparatively. (Also, in 2012 (?) during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath when stores were closed, I did resort to a signed bottle of Teresa Giudice's Fabellini. It was not good.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, Jac said:

There is an ad in Australia right now for a healthy pre-made food range called Youfoodz that features a little kid playing a Gordon Ramsey-like chef with The Good Place style substitutions for the swearing associated with Ramsey. It is highly obnoxious.

This is the short version, a 30 second version airs on TV.

OMG- are they serious??

I must be very lucky because I've never had trouble sleeping due to the pillow (or anything else, really).  Some may be better than others, but I've always been able to beat mine into submission & then I just go to sleep. 

• Love 6

The Audible.com commercial where the one woman is laughing over a hilarious audio book while another woman is listening to her boss's unfunny story and literally screams with laughter because she's going crazy? Painful. That woman's scream--especially combined with the look on her face--are like someone rat-a-tat-tatting on my teeth with metal forks. Plus the audio book woman's laugh expressions are just so bad and fake.

I can't turn it off fast enough, and it makes me want to never have anything to do with Audible.com, ever. EVER.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 9
On 10/5/2017 at 8:43 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Especially when they're sick and revert to toddler status.

I am there front and center when they're sick (really sick). What makes me a little cranky is when you know they're getting better and they know  they're feeling better and they realize that being waited on has a much shortened shelf life now and they want to milk it. (now that they feel well enough to enjoy it)

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

I hate this commercial for Samsung:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wSO_/samsung-galaxy-note8-i-love-you

Tries to be cute but just reinforces the idea of how so many people don't actually talk as much anymore. And the overly dramatic music at the end is terrible.

Also, the phone commercials with Thomas Middleditch. I can't change the channel fast enough.

Aw,  thought it was cute.  And Peggy Lee?  I mean, come on!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I'm at the point where I can't watch anything he's in anymore. I hate that guy now.

Ah, he isn't nearly as rage-making and vomitous as Potsch Boyd.  I have to restrain myself from throwing heavy things.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Oh, look, a quirky girl singing an annoying quirky girl song in her annoying quirky girl voice.

What happened to the hat she stole? Near the end of the ad, she takes it off and holds it in her hand for the last photos, but it's gone when she runs up to look at the results.

• Love 2

I hate this commercial for Samsung:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wSO_/samsung-galaxy-note8-i-love-you

Tries to be cute but just reinforces the idea of how so many people don't actually talk as much anymore. And the overly dramatic music at the end is terrible.

I had to look that up myself once because the song was bugging me. I'm not sure how the song even relates to the commercial.

But I do agree with you that it speaks to how "kids" today don't even communicate anymore unless it's through their phones, and I don't think it's "cute." It's actually kind of scary. 

• Love 5

That commercial is all kinds of wrong.  At one point, they are in the same room, but instead of talking to each other, they're sending messages through their phones (or tablets or whatever they are; I'm not going back to look).  In several scenes, they are each out with friends, but are being rude to those friends by typing away on their phones to each other instead of interacting with the friends.  And then in the end, they exchange "I love you"s for the first time not in person, but electronically.

• Love 5

I don’t mind the Cinderella car ad but there is another one where Rapunzel, I think? is working and her friends say they are going to come pick her up so she bails on her boss and they drive off to merry adventures.

I hope they intend to pay all her bills because I seriously hope her boss cans her ass.  And what douchecanoe friends, she said she was WORKING.  I think that’s more important than whatever you dreamed up.

• Love 10
On 10/10/2017 at 0:36 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

What happened to the hat she stole? Near the end of the ad, she takes it off and holds it in her hand for the last photos, but it's gone when she runs up to look at the results.

Stealing the hat bugs me more than anything else in this commercial! Not cool at all.

• Love 6
On 10/10/2017 at 0:35 AM, WritinMan said:

I hate this commercial for Samsung:https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wSO_/samsung-galaxy-note8-i-love-you

I'm so distracted by the fact that this girl is in a gazillion ads, including one where she she's with another guy.  Now she's with someone new.  What happened to the other guy?

• Love 1
On 10/2/2017 at 6:43 AM, xaxat said:

It's been discussed before, but this ad Untuckit is so pretentious that it borders on parody. 

You didn't cure cancer dude! You took something that has been around for centuries and made a couple of alterations.  

My friend and I have a running joke that I'm going to marry the Heir to the UntuckIt fortune. He will be suave. He will be a man about town. And he will be untucked.

• Love 5
On 10/9/2017 at 6:17 AM, CarpeDiem54 said:

I absolutely hate this ad.  The way this guy beebops around, grinning like an idiot makes me want to punch him.

Why don't they show us what he drew on the grass with the mower? We just see a little piece. That's a pretty big lawn for a guy who works at a small desk in a big room.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, Bastet said:

That commercial is all kinds of wrong.  At one point, they are in the same room, but instead of talking to each other, they're sending messages through their phones (or tablets or whatever they are; I'm not going back to look).  In several scenes, they are each out with friends, but are being rude to those friends by typing away on their phones to each other instead of interacting with the friends.  And then in the end, they exchange "I love you"s for the first time not in person, but electronically.

Now that you mention it, I didn't like that either. it's kinda funny that I noticed this phenomenon when I was in college in the computer room, before people knew about the Internet. We all would go there to socialize on weekends, using CHAT and CONFER instead of talking.

3 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Hate hate HATE the Geico commercial with the referee in the restaurant.

Over-explaining things as the "it's what you do" for a ref is a funny enough concept, but I am completely distracted by the fact they're in a nice restaurant and he's ordering off the child's menu at Applebee's or something -- chicken tenders, tater tots, and nachos.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Hate hate HATE the Geico commercial with the referee in the restaurant.  Why do these idiots think these kind of commercials will sell anything.  Geico commercials just get worse and worse.

They've been going downhill ever since the kraken on the golf course.  But, to be fair, nothing could ever equal that, let alone top  it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

Over-explaining things as the "it's what you do" for a ref is a funny enough concept, but I am completely distracted by the fact they're in a nice restaurant and he's ordering off the child's menu at Applebee's or something -- chicken tenders, tater tots, and nachos.

The thing that makes me nutz is when the waitron tells him they don't have tater tots, he subs in nachos.  That is not a side dish!!  You have to sub in fries.  Not nachos!!

Okay, I feel better.  A little.

• Love 7
On October 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Gam2 said:

I really dislike the pizza commercial (don’t even remember the brand) where the child is sitting in a recliner waiting for his dad to bring home a pizza. Apparently it’s the wrong kind so he rips off the #1 Dad tab on Dad’s hat. Excuse me?! Eat the damn pizza or go hungry!!

That was the Little Caesars commercial plugging their "bestest" pizza, and I hate that commercial too. That poor dad.

• Love 5

Okay, I just LOATHE this Tide commercial where the oblivious-acting mom has her baby on the floor, with the laundry basket, AND with the bag of Tide Pods.  She sees the baby with the Tide Pods and goes "Ooh!" and grabs it away.  C'mon, lady... you KNEW your toddler was down there.  The poison Tide Pods didn't magically appear in your kid's hand!  How is it NOT on the shelf over the dryer??  GAH!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Okay, I just LOATHE this Tide commercial where the oblivious-acting mom has her baby on the floor, with the laundry basket, AND with the bag of Tide Pods.  She sees the baby with the Tide Pods and goes "Ooh!" and grabs it away.  C'mon, lady... you KNEW your toddler was down there.  The poison Tide Pods didn't magically appear in your kid's hand!  How is it NOT on the shelf over the dryer??  GAH!

I hear you, but this to me is company lawyers preventing lawsuits, or, at the least, pointing out potential hazards. I believe there are people who would be that oblivious/stupid.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Like inattentive mothers.

Exactly - that's why I believe they're people out there the company is addressing. I'd love to see a survey of people who don't know ingesting laundry detergent could be a health hazard.

• Love 2