Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I just saw a commercial for some luxury car and a man is driving like a complete moron. His mind is wandering around about his important emails and other tripe as he drifts into another lane and later almost rear-ends someone. I think all the new warnings for cars are a good thing but keep your damn eyes and mind on the road you entitled ass. Someone that almost gets in 3 accidents because they're a distracted, idiot driver shouldn't have a license.

• Love 2

I hate the Mira Lax laxative commercial. How many of us have been so excited about a laxative that we go to the beach, get a stick, and write, "I (heart) my lax" in the sand? Really? BAH

• Love 3

Speaking of douchebags, I am kinda hate that tool wearing a knit cap who says "This place.. saved my life" for some bogus rehab clnic.

Is that the commercial for Passages? Because I hate that ad. They have that guy come on and say, "I was an addict for ten years. Now I'm not." Uh, no, you idiot, that isn't how it works. Or is this some other moron that I haven't seen yet?

• Love 2

Speaking of douchebags, I am kinda hate that tool wearing a knit cap who says "This place.. saved my life" for some bogus rehab clnic.

Heh. Me too. Something about him is super punchable.

I have to chime in to the Douche Du Jour nominees: The ass who apparently went through a whole box of Lucky Charms in order to get a bowl of only marshmallows. Really, dude? That is a major time commitment to separate a box of cereal bits, and selfish as the woman in the ad gets no marshmallows in her bowl.  When he shuffles into the kitchen, it's like he forgot either that the woman likes Lucky Charms too or is the absolute worst at trying to act surprised/innocent.

• Love 4

Well, to be fair, his look says that SOMETHING is happening in his pants as a result of eating a burger with coleslaw on it.

I love how the cook in the diner regales him with a look of shocked admiration, like he just blew his damn mind with his brilliance, like "look at this crazy guy putting slaw on a burger!  I never even realized that the cup I serve the slaw in is the exact same size as a burger, what a crazy slaw lovin' genius!  Slaw on a burger, thats a story I'll be telling my great grandkids"

Word up to Miracle Whip though - I never get that look of heroic admiration when I put my usual two pickles and mustard on my burger.

It's kind of rude the way he sniffs it.

I put slaw on a pulled-pork-it was awesome!

I have to chime in to the Douche Du Jour nominees: The ass who apparently went through a whole box of Lucky Charms in order to get a bowl of only marshmallows. Really, dude? That is a major time commitment to separate a box of cereal bits, and selfish as the woman in the ad gets no marshmallows in her bowl.  When he shuffles into the kitchen, it's like he forgot either that the woman likes Lucky Charms too or is the absolute worst at trying to act surprised/innocent.

Ha, I've done that! But the box was all mine, so...

If Lucky Charms was smart, they'd sell boxes with extra packages of marshmallows like Swiss Miss does. 

If Lucky Charms was smart, they'd sell boxes with extra packages of marshmallows like Swiss Miss does. 

You can get bags of nothing but cereal marshmallows at ThinkGeek :)

• Love 1
The only one of these I've seen is the serial killer looking guy who looks like he hasn't seen a shower in at least a couple of years dumping what appears to be coleslaw (presumably made with Miracle Whip) on his hamburger and then looking around like his penis just grew a couple of inches as a result of that action.  Strange.

I love how the cook in the diner regales him with a look of shocked admiration, like he just blew his damn mind with his brilliance, like "look at this crazy guy putting slaw on a burger!  I never even realized that the cup I serve the slaw in is the exact same size as a burger, what a crazy slaw lovin' genius!  Slaw on a burger, thats a story I'll be telling my great grandkids"

LMAO!  Again, I love that commercial, but these comments are killing me!  

I just saw a commercial for some luxury car and a man is driving like a complete moron. His mind is wandering around about his important emails and other tripe as he drifts into another lane and later almost rear-ends someone. I think all the new warnings for cars are a good thing but keep your damn eyes and mind on the road you entitled ass. Someone that almost gets in 3 accidents because they're a distracted, idiot driver shouldn't have a license.

I hate those kinds of commercials.  There's just too many accidents caused by distracted driving, and they like to play it for laughs.  Have you seen the one with the teenage boy staring at a teenage girl on the sidewalk, and the boy nearly crashed the car with him and his dad in it?  I was hoping his dad would say "Ok, you clearly aren't ready to be driving, especially my car, which was expensive as hell.  Learn how to stop rubbernecking and maybe I'll let you drive it."

• Love 4

There's a series of ads I've only seen online. Its for SPAM and its got a woman singing in a voice that sounds like a child bully mimicking their victim "SPAM can..." naming various SPAM recipes.

What really bugs me is one ad that mentions "Hawaiian musubi" that puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable. First, that hits my pet peeve where people call things from Hawaii but are not from Native Hawaiian culture "Hawaiian". But Hawaii is one of SPAM's biggest markets, can't they bother to learn how to properly pronounce a basic SPAM dish?

• Love 1

The presumptuous idiots in the Hebrew National commercial are on my last nerve. Okay, the hot dogs are probably awesome, but it really grates my cheese when these losers torch their own contribution to things, then take the whole plate of the "better" hot dogs away with them. That would be the last time they'd get an invitation to come cook out with *me*.

I just saw a 4:35 commercial on YouTube for Family Dollar that has me annoyed.

It features Pat Neeley and I guess two people who won a contest for making a dish for under $15 using Family Dollar items.  Both of the winners are fairly large women.  One of them makes a shrimp alfredo and the other one makes a chocolate cookies and cream cake featuring Swiss Rolls.  

It just annoys me, because oftentimes people who shop at Family Dollar are those who don't have all the financial resources in the world, but why assume they are interested in eating amazingly unhealthy food?  I mean first, they are making a shrimp pasta dish with the fattiest sauce you could possibly find.  Not a salad in sight, not a vegetable or fruit to be had!  Then, they make this cake which is basically a boxed devils food cake, frosted with chocolate frosting, and then you stick some swiss rolls on it!  And they each have a GIANT slice of this calorie monstrosity.

And bear in mind, one of these women HAS to be pushing 300 pounds, the other is at least 200 pounds.  I mean do you assume poor people who shop at Family Dollar are also so stupid that they can't see you are basically trying to sell them food that is going to give them all sorts of health problems?  Its so sterotypical to assume that poor people just want fatty food!

And then, the big thing is that they made all this for under $15.....each!  But I could easily buy all those ingredients - for less.

I just wish that they would have tried to feature healthy food, I know that maybe you can't get the freshest, healthiest, greenest produce for a meal for under $15, but you can certainly do better than a fatty pasta alfredo dish, and a giant unhealthy chocolate cake.

And why has Pat Neeley sold his soul?  He shouldn't be allowing Family Dollar to use him to pander to the socioeconomically depressed, especially since many of them are black.

I don't think it's possible to make any healthy dish with ingredients from a Family Dollar Store. Plus, given the Neeley's menu, healthy eating doesn't appear to be all that important.

• Love 4

I don't think it's possible to make any healthy dish with ingredients from a Family Dollar Store. Plus, given the Neeley's menu, healthy eating doesn't appear to be all that important.

And I'm sensitive to that.  But just healthier.  I feel like there is a wide gulf between healthy and pasta alfredo followed with a giant slice of devil food/swiss roll cake.

I mean surely there has to be some canned or frozen fruit/vegetables in the Family Dollar somewhere.  Please tell me we aren't sending economically depressed people into a store that only has alfredo sauce and swiss rolls!  That sort of food, even in relatively small amounts, can cut your life expectancy by years - poor people should be able to live as long as those who are rich.

Is that the commercial for Passages? Because I hate that ad. They have that guy come on and say, "I was an addict for ten years. Now I'm not." Uh, no, you idiot, that isn't how it works. Or is this some other moron that I haven't seen yet?

I hate that guy! I've been holding that one in for awhile...

• Love 3

Has no one mentioned the Poise commercial - the "I've got Sam in my pants" one? Good grief! Even the idea that a woman would be loudly discussing her personal protection in a room full of people is just mind-blowing. I get embarrassed watching it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Am I the only one who wants to barf whenever they show that Skittles commercial where this guy has what I call "Skittle pimples" and the girl pulls one off of his face and eats it?  Also, there's another one where the guy has Skittles for teeth and the girl grabs and kisses him and ends up with a mouth full of his teeth that she eats and swallows.  Creepy!

Another commercial that gives me the creeps is the mini Abe Lincoln commercial for the state of Illinois.  I don't know why, but it scares me. lol

http://youtu.be/j88Dg4MCltA

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

I did NOT just see a back-to-school commercial. It's June 24, people!

HA!  Its like Christmas, they start back to school earlier and earlier every year to get people buying.  I remember when back to school happened late August.

Pretty soon we're just going to have one holiday called "Chrismagivingoweensterjuly to school"

HA!  Its like Christmas, they start back to school earlier and earlier every year to get people buying.  I remember when back to school happened late August.

Pretty soon we're just going to have one holiday called "Chrismagivingoweensterjuly to school"

I am going to correct your Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because you misspelled it. It should be Christmagivingvalenoweensterjuly to school. Leaving out Feb. 14 could amount to a death sentence in some households.

• Love 2

I am going to correct your Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because you misspelled it. It should be Christmagivingvalenoweensterjuly to school. Leaving out Feb. 14 could amount to a death sentence in some households.

Not the mention the audacity of leaving out the one holiday completely created by companies to increase sales by exploiting relationships.  That wouldn't have been acceptable, thank you for the correction.

• Love 2

Not the mention the audacity of leaving out the one holiday completely created by companies to increase sales by exploiting relationships.  That wouldn't have been acceptable, thank you for the correction.

Fabric stores have all holiday fabric all the time (they used to just have a few months lead time).  They get a pass because, well, crafts take time.   You have now inspired me to make a Christmagivingvalenoweensterjuly to school quilt.

• Love 2

Fabric stores have all holiday fabric all the time (they used to just have a few months lead time).  They get a pass because, well, crafts take time.   You have now inspired me to make a Christmagivingvalenoweensterjuly to school quilt.

That....would be awesome :)

Am I the only one who wants to barf whenever they show that Skittles commercial where this guy has what I call "Skittle pimples" and the girl pulls one off of his face and eats it?  Also, there's another one where the guy has Skittles for teeth and the girl grabs and kisses him and ends up with a mouth full of his teeth that she eats and swallows.  Creepy!

Nope. Check back on page 6. 

• Love 1

A quilt square for every holiday!

Not quite.    I do a little different style.    Still patchwork though.

Mods dears, is there a way to post pictures?    I mean I could post a link from my quilt blog but that sounds more than a tad self-serving (yes a lawyer is worried about seeming self-promoting, it happens).

• Love 2

Heh.  Name a Skittles commercial that isn't creepy as hell.  I mean, are we really expected to eat candy that comes from a tree growing out of some poor kid's stomach?

• Love 1
(edited)

Heh. Name a Skittles commercial that isn't creepy as hell. I mean, are we really expected to eat candy that comes from a tree growing out of some poor kid's stomach?

I actually like the one Skittles commercial in which the old lady is walking (on a leash) her cloud that rains Skittles (because why not?), and some kid comes up and asks if he can pet it, and it shocks him with a lightning bolt, because "it doesn't like to be touched there" (or however it goes). It's just weird, not gross, and the oldster wins in the end, so, yay! Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 1

I actually like the one Skittles commercial in which the old lady is walking (on a leash) her cloud that rains Skittles (because why not?), and some kid comes up and asks if he can pet it, and it shocks him with a lightning bolt, because "it doesn't like to be touched there" (or however it goes). It's just weird, not gross, and the oldster wins in the end, so, yay!

Okay, that one's not disgusting per se (unless you consider that they're basically saying that Skittles are cloud urine), but there's something about the way the old lady delivers the line "He doesn't like to be touched there" that's a bit off-putting to me, like she's reading it off of a cue card or something.  YMMV, of course.

That Wayfair commercial with the singing people needs to be launched into the sun. There is one woman that sings "...and with 70percentoff who knows what I'll FIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDDD" in the most godawful off key voice I have ever heard. It's in heavy rotation unfortunately, so I'm diving for the mute button regularly.

• Love 1

I just saw their new ad, when she's meeting this dude for a date or something, and he asks her what she's in the mood for. She says, "Steakhouse?" and he kind of says okay, but then he starts having this train of thought that the bill will be so high that he'll be bankrupt after the meal, and when she clarifies that she means the Wendy's steakhouse sandwich, he's relieved. Then he says, "Do you have change for the bus?" And I'm like, Man.....seriously? They're both idiots.

• Love 1

STFU, Humira lady. 'There I was, explaining my moderate to severe psoriasis to yet another stylist?' As if anyone who isn't a robot would repeatedly state that their psoriasis is 'moderate to severe' in normal conversation?

• Love 3

I just saw their new ad, when she's meeting this dude for a date or something, and he asks her what she's in the mood for. She says, "Steakhouse?" and he kind of says okay, but then he starts having this train of thought that the bill will be so high that he'll be bankrupt after the meal, and when she clarifies that she means the Wendy's steakhouse sandwich, he's relieved. Then he says, "Do you have change for the bus?" And I'm like, Man.....seriously? They're both idiots.

So is he taking her on the bus to Wendy's for a steak sandwich?  I agree Wendy's girl is annoying, but awful understanding about a down economy if she is okay with her date taking her on the bus for fast food sandwiches on their first date, because I can tell you, from the first date, its all downhill in terms of effort.  Soon, he will just have her come over for sex and hot pockets.

• Love 13
STFU, Humira lady. 'There I was, explaining my moderate to severe psoriasis to yet another stylist?' As if anyone who isn't a robot would repeatedly state that their psoriasis is 'moderate to severe' in normal conversation?

This is hilarious. I've never had psoriasis, either moderate *or* severe, but is this actually something that ever comes up with anyone, not just your stylist? I don't know about anyone else, but there's *some* things I don't need to know about random strangers.

(edited)

I know it's for legal reasons but sometimes the drug commercial side effects make me cringe. We're at the point where I don't think heart attack and stroke are really acceptable "side effects" for some of these medications but I accept it but some of them are just ridiculous. "Sudden death"? How are you allowed to put "sudden death" as a side effect? Does that absolve you of all blame then? Well, I told you in the commercial that you might suddenly die because of... reasons.

Edited by aradia22
  • Love 6

I know it's for legal reasons but sometimes the drug commercial side effects make me cringe. We're at the point where I don't think heart attack and stroke are really acceptable "side effects" for some of these medications but I accept it but some of them are just ridiculous. "Sudden death"? How are you allowed to put "sudden death" as a side effect? Does that absolve you of all blame then? Well, I told you in the commercial that you might suddenly die because of... reasons.

However, if you die a slow death - time to sue!

Presumably, at least she gets her own sandwich.  How about that McDonalds commercial where Romeo springs for a twenty-piece chicken nuggets . . . for them to share. 

If Wendy's date is springing for a sandwich at Wendys on a first date, she will be at 20 piece chicken nuggets to share by the third date, by the time he meets Mr. and Mrs. Wendy they will be at each of them getting one Twix bar a piece.

(edited)

This is hilarious. I've never had psoriasis, either moderate *or* severe, but is this actually something that ever comes up with anyone, not just your stylist?

It's a skin condition that can sometimes affect the scalp, so if you do have it, you might end up having to explain why your scalp is so red and irritated to your stylist.

Edited by Wax Lion

So is he taking her on the bus to Wendy's for a steak sandwich? I agree Wendy's girl is annoying, but awful understanding about a down economy if she is okay with her date taking her on the bus for fast food sandwiches on their first date, because I can tell you, from the first date, its all downhill in terms of effort. Soon, he will just have her come over for sex and hot pockets.

I can tell you from the utter lack of effort on the part of 75% of the men on dating sites, going to Wendy's via public transportation would be a romantic feat in today's sad society.
  • Love 2

I can tell you from the utter lack of effort on the part of 75% of the men on dating sites, going to Wendy's via public transportation would be a romantic feat in today's sad society.

judging from dating sites just getting him to spring for the sandwich may be a romantic feat :(

• Love 2