Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

Maybe she accidentally mistook the boss's sugar substitute for rat poison and nearly killed him.

Because she was smoking pot with her co-workers ( just not the guy who got the promotion).  

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Because she was smoking pot with her co-workers ( just not the guy who got the promotion).  

I see what y'all did there (9-5, one of the best movies ever, imo)!!!!!!!

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 9

9-5 references aside, I hate that commercial too. She keeps getting passed over for promotion but the commercial heavily implies she's qualified but passed over in her current company.  If that's the case she needs to talk to HR.  Otherwise I'm just going to assume she's some entitled, underperformoring flake whose side Indeed is taking just 'cause without knowing any facts. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I've been seeing a commercial for indeed.com that takes place in an office setting. Someone in the office is being promoted. The camera focuses on this smug-looking woman named Claire who looks like she assumes she has a lock on the promotion. But she doesn't get it -- some guy does. Instead of looking crestfallen, there's a flicker of resentment on her face. "This wasn't the first time she was passed over for a promotion," a voice tells us. But wait -- her mobile phone is ringing. "But it'll be the last time."

Come on. Maybe Claire isn't qualified. Or she smells like elderberries. Maybe she's one of those coworkers who eats granola bars at her desk and chews loudly and deliberately. Maybe she's habitually late and always blames the Uber driver or the subway not running on time. Perhaps she takes credit for other people's work. Maybe she accidentally mistook the boss's sugar substitute for rat poison and nearly killed him. Could be the majority of her Facebook posts are about how much she hates the place where she works and she just wants to go home to her She Shed (provided it's not on fire), take off her shoes and her bra and crack open a cold Coors Light.

Or maybe management at her company has taken a hard turn and a place she once loved to work at has become something she doesn't recognize.  She has serious concerns about the future of the company, which is spending money hand over fist, and is going to soon enough be run by a group of people who never had any vested interest in the company, other than receiving a distribution a few times a year (family owned).  Maybe she's watched jobs be created (that don't need to be created) and being offered to people from the outside - never offered to any current employee.  Or she's watched people who are no more qualified than her make exceedingly more money for reasons she can't figure out.  Maybe the stress level is high and is taking a toll on her.

I know this all too well.  I live it.  And after almost 20 years, I'm hoping to be her.  I've quietly started.  I would have never thought that counterparts of mine who are no more qualified than me are making considerably more money (and they're all men - take that as you will).  I do the work of 2-3 people, and was working on a 15 year old computer, while another department has a fancy workspace made for them, to the tune of well over $25,0000.  I had my fill when I started being forced to take the blame for things that went wrong that I had zero hand in.  It's the equivalent of my friends who had younger siblings who did something wrong, but they were punished because "they're older and should have stopped it".  Only one job in 5 years was given to someone who currently worked here, as a promotion.  Every other job goes straight to someone from the outside, or was created and someone hired before we even knew about it.  I've lost some really good co-workers to this crap, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. 

I sympathize with this woman.  But the rest of the Indeed commercials suck.

• Love 10

My biggest issue with the woman in the indeed commercial is she doesn’t realize that they don’t announce promotions like the winner of a beauty pageant. If they are making an announcement and you have not already been told you have the job, you aren’t getting it. 

• Love 15

I keep seeing this ad for a vape device in which a "former smoker" whines about how whenever she realized someone knows she smokes, she "DIIIED a little bit inside!". Shut up, you martyr!

17 hours ago, nottopbravo said:

And according to the Jeep commercial--he's a singer.

I had no idea Jeremy Renner is a singer before that commercial!

On 8/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

There's an ad for a booking site that has a bunch of guys each saying they booked the last room. It bugs because the company doesn't seem to understand that cancellations happen, and when they do, somebody else can get the new "last" room. It's like they just have a web site and agreements with other companies and never bothered to learn the business they're fronting.

Trivago.  The one thing I noticed is that either the Tim "Trivago" Williams is rather short, or all the other guys are tall.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I keep seeing this ad for a vape device in which a "former smoker" whines about how whenever she realized someone knows she smokes, she "DIIIED a little bit inside!". Shut up, you martyr!

I'm waiting for all the vaping lawsuit ads I'm sure will be coming someday.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

That's the favorite phrase of drama queens and whiny people.  My cousin's younger daughter - in her 20's - is a bit of a drama queen, and she used that on me once, when I said I couldn't get in to Harry Potter (I also mentioned that I don't like fantasy genre stuff in general, like Lord Of The Rings, and Game Of Thrones - just so I wasn't appearing to be some hater).  She told me that my comment made her die inside.  🙄  I told her to stop dying inside, because I don't die inside because she doesn't like Mystery Science Theater 3000, or other stuff I like.  We like different stuff, and that's cool.  Then she incessantly posts memes that say about not making fun of poeple for their fandom and whatnot.  To which I always respond "As long as the same person isn't making fun of other people for not liking their fandom" - because I've gotten that a ton.

39 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I'm pretty sure I saw one the other day.  Injury from exploding pens or something similar.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 5

I have a new annoying, irritating ad from the cheap channels that I've just recently started seeing. Some male enhancement pill called Score. I know, I rag on Frank Thomas or Thompson or whatever and Nugenix all the time, and my hate for his ads still stands, but Score? It's a whole new level of hate. I just haven't figured out my response yet.

Editing to that when I do, y'all will be the first to know.

Edited by friendperidot
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

Trivago.  The one thing I noticed is that either the Tim "Trivago" Williams is rather short, or all the other guys are tall.

I noticed the Trivago Guy has a weird smile...right at the end of the ad he sorta looks sideways at one of the other guys and has this smile on his face.  Looks strange...something about his mouth.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, janie jones said:

Is this a commercial, or an episode of the show?  If so, I haven't seen that commercial, only the one where she recounts that her friend told her that everything is the Kelly Clarkson Show.

It's a commercial, but apparently not the same one you saw.

4 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Russell Crowe thinks of himself as a singer too, though his performance in the film version of "Les Miserables" says otherwise.

He does a decent job at bar rock, but Broadway is not his oeuvre.

• Love 1

I kind of think the Trivago guy is cute, he reminds me a bit of Scott Bakula, who I definitely think is hot. I'm currently watching his stint on Murphy Brown, he and Candace Bergen had great chemistry. But I think the Trivago guy is not quite proportioned right, he's really short legged and has a long upper body, from shoulders to waist. It strikes me every time I see one of his ads. 

• Love 4
On 8/7/2019 at 7:27 AM, Duke2801 said:

Lots of people! When we were younger, my roomates and I would often drink a “shower beer” when we were getting ready to go out for the evening. No alcoholics amongst us. It was just for fun.

But never Coors Light—blech! Yuengling all the way. 

Are you from PA? Yuengling was big at my college (in Lancaster County), too. Never drank it in the shower, though (actually, I don't drink beer anywhere, but that's beside the point).

22 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I've been seeing a commercial for indeed.com that takes place in an office setting. Someone in the office is being promoted. The camera focuses on this smug-looking woman named Claire who looks like she assumes she has a lock on the promotion. But she doesn't get it -- some guy does. Instead of looking crestfallen, there's a flicker of resentment on her face. "This wasn't the first time she was passed over for a promotion," a voice tells us. But wait -- her mobile phone is ringing. "But it'll be the last time."

I hate that one, too. Do companies really tell candidates for a VP position that they didn't get the promotion via group announcement of who did get it? (Well, I guess there are people that crappy out there.) The person being promoted would certainly know before the big group announcement. Then she gets a notification of an interview request and gets all smug and cheers for the guy who got promoted, like she knows she's outta there soon. It's just an interview, not a job offer.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Are you from PA? Yuengling was big at my college (in Lancaster County), too. Never drank it in the shower, though (actually, I don't drink beer anywhere, but that's beside the point).

I hate that one, too. Do companies really tell candidates for a VP position that they didn't get the promotion via group announcement of who did get it? (Well, I guess there are people that crappy out there.) The person being promoted would certainly know before the big group announcement. Then she gets a notification of an interview request and gets all smug and cheers for the guy who got promoted, like she knows she's outta there soon. It's just an interview, not a job offer.

That's what my dad keep saying every time it airs she's smug when all she has is an interview not an offer. What is she so smug about?

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1

Commercials I find weird, distasteful, over-played, or annoying (some of these may be several years old).

The "She Shed" commercial.

You know, I don't even hate this one, it's just that every network that plays it plays it every single commercial break, especially during Walking Dead shows (I watch a lot of Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead).

I don't need to see this every break!

Any commercial that pertains to bodily functions - toilet paper commercials, tampon commercials, Preparation H, especially if they go into detail.

Any commercials for male erectile dysfunction need to go.

No jock itch ads. Some diaper commercials (where they show the kid's face straining) are gross - no condom ads, KY Jelly.

I don't like the cartoon bear commercials where baby bear left his underwear on the floor, and the parent bears are all "I'm not gonna pick that up."

Here's a 2015 article about TV commercials becoming more risque
Ad nauseam: Why have commercials gotten so crude?

The making- women- into- sex- objects to sell stuff (i.e., Carl Jr / Hardee's restaurant commercials from years past with women in thongs slowly eating burgers) can all go off and die.

Annoying: 
(Link is to You Tube video):
Staples Commercial - Wow thats a low price

Creepy (on You Tube):
Mayflower Moving Commercial 2010 - Big Marionette Puppet

Years ago, Campbell's soup had a series of ads where they tried to make soup look dramatic. They were ridiculous. 

I didn't like this one, where the snowman turns into a kid after eating soup:

Campbell's Soup Let it Snow Commercial

The J G Wentworth commercials - tired of their jingle.

Super Annoying:

Kmart "Giffing Out" - Christmas Commercial 2013

Weird and gross ice cream commercial:

Little Baby's Ice Cream -- Love Lickers

Thankfully, eTrade stopped using those obnoxious talking babies in their ads.

eTrade Talking Baby Commercials

The Clorox bleach commercial where they show a family running in and out using the toilet, and the narrator says,

"Here at Clorox, we know a family of five can do a number on a toilet..."

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 4
On 8/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, Dbolt said:

I didn’t think it was possible, but the ad wizards for Toyota have managed to make Toyotathon Jan even more annoying. The new country duet she “sings” commercial is a masterpiece of suck. 

That reminds me. I'm tired of the Nationwide commercials.

Here's a link to one on You Tube
-I'm tired of hearing the jingle, regardless of who sings it:

Songs For All Your Sides: Brad Paisley for Nationwide

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I knew I liked you for a reason!

Thanks!  The friend who turned me on to the show waaaay back in high school (late 80's) and I are going to Rifftrax at the movie theater tomorrow, and we're going next month to MST3K live.  I went last fall and had a ball.  It's Joel's last tour.  Hoping to catch it again when it comes back to our area next spring.  It will be a different movie from the one next month.

1 minute ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

That sounds like one full time job I had.

The project manager I had at one job was totally ignorant about what our department did,

she had zero understanding of what my job entailed,

so she kept blaming me for the mistakes made by the people in the totally- unrelated- to- my- career- field.

I was always having to explain to her that instead of coming to me to sort out whatever problem she was bringing to my attention - one I was not even responsible for - she needed to go talk to the guys in the cubicle farm next to mine, because THEY were the ones who were behind the mistakes she kept bringing up, not me. 

After I proved that to her several times, she started being a bit less skeptical of me. But she was so ignorant of what I did vs. what the other employees did, she kept assuming doing thus and so was under my purview (it was not).

I got real tired of being blamed for mistakes that were not mine.

I work in manufacturing, and no one reads the specs (which I write), and they make a small portion of the project the wrong color.  So a manager goes back to those responsible, and they immediately put it back on me, saying I didn't make it clear enough.  Am I supposed to hold their hand?  They just need to read.  So they say "highlight it".  Um, no, orders are already highlighted in 3 colors, depending.  They'd just say it was confusing if I added a 4th color of highlighting.  Then they say it should have been on the design proof (it didn't really need to be - the part had no art on it, and it should have been very simple....)so they did ask art why they chose to let if off the proof, but art bounces it back on me, saying that if I was concerned, I should have had them update it.  In reality, they just didn't want to add it since it had no art.  Not anymore - they WILL be putting it on each one from here on out - even if the piece is just inches.

An outside salesman in another state sends in incorrect specs.  He has art correct it, but doesn't tell me (it's his order, so his responsibility).  It gets to manufacturing, and someone in art says "Wait.  I think I changed that."  That was on the sales rep in this case - not art, as art doesn't know what is in-house - they offer many options, and aren't involved when the customer chooses, and shouldn't be.  Not to mention, the customer signed off of this, and it wasn't correct.  So my manager calls the rep and he doesn't answer (typical).  We decide to go with what he told art to change, and it's done.  Until the rep calls back.  My manager apologizes TO THE REP (who is a shitty rep, for starters) because I got confused.  EXCUSE ME?? 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I don't like the cartoon bear commercials where baby bear left his underwear on the floor, and the parent bears are all "I'm not gonna pick that up."

At least they got the kid to pick up what he left on the floor without having to yell at him.

• Love 2
Just now, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I have (had? - we got into a fight months ago, and she dumped me, but then started posting again to a site we both hang out on) who makes passive aggressive insults against shows I am a fan of.

There's this one sort of sci-fi / fantasy / adventure TV show she knows I'm a fan of,
and I used to post excitedly about it maybe once, twice per month for about a year on Facebook at the most.

Sometimes, I even posted the occasional parody or satire from You Tube on my own page that affectionately poked fun at my favorite show.

(And I have never mocked or insulted my friend's favorite shows, even though she likes some programs I think are boring - I just keep those negative opinions to myself.)

So anyway, I'd visit Facebook the next day, where I would see this Frenemy of mine saying things on her Facebook page like,
"Anyone who likes that sci-fi / fantasy / adventure show [which she would name by name] is stupid. Why do people keep posting about this show, it's so stupid, find a new show to watch."

She did that for months.  It was insulting.

She never did tag me in those posts or mention my name in them, but it was clear she was aiming them somewhat at me, because she knew I was a fan of that show.

Meanwhile, I one time found a very funny cartoon satire of one of HER favorite shows on You Tube and posted it to my Facebook page. She took it deadly serious, and ranted beneath that link on my Facebook page.

She's the sort who likes to mock and insult other people's favorite movies, shows, actors, and bands, but she cannot tolerate even one tenth of that (even if it's meant with affection) in return.

I don't expect her (or others) to like my favorite TV show,
but I don't think it's asking too much for her to keep her repeated snotty comments about it off her Facebook page, because she knew I could see her continued put downs of it. 

I don't make fun of people's fandom stuff.  I know how to scroll by it, or how to block the pages they share stuff from.  I know someone who is REALLY in to a cult-hit short lived sci fi show.  I have zero interest, but I just hide the pages where she shares stuff from, and the ones that sneak through are just ignored.  Simple.  She does chap me a bit beause she made fun of me incessantly for liking Star Wars back in the 80's.  I fell out of love with Star Wars when the Prequels came out, and it got worse when Disney bought it, and I'm completely innundated by Star Wars everything, and no longer really care for it.  But now she's a super fan, and acts like she's been one since birth and people who don't like it suck - it's annoyning. But still, I let it go.

I responded to a poll once in a group I belong to for nostalgia, that was regarding stuff you just can't get in to.  I mentioned some TV shows (How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, among them) and the aforementioned fantasy genre stuff.  Man, did I get ripped to shreds.  I got called stupid, unable to understand smart, intellectual comedy with regard to HIMYM (nothing about HIMYM seemed intellectual to me - "Wait for it" and "That's what she said" ad nauseum, in particular).  Someone in that group that I'm "friends" with outside of the group would post about BBT, then say on the post "If you don't like it, keep scrolling!", which I knew was directed at me and a few others, who only commented once, and on a group post.  Incidentally, she eventually admitted she only watched the show becasue she thought Johnny Galecki was cute (this woman is in her 50's).  She would also incessantly post this meme that had Sheldon on it, and it said "People tell me they hardly know anyone watching Big Bang Theory.  People are saying they don't know about the show, so please keep sharing this!  Thank you, and Bazinga!".  Seriously?  This was several seasons in.  People know about the show.....

I have ecclectic taste, and I won't knock people for what they like, because I got plenty of it growing up in the 80's.  While it stings that some of the stuff I was called weird for is now popular (Monty Python, for one), I just chalk it up to people taking a little longer to "get it".  But I will bite back when people who made fun of me suddenly get irritated because it's done to them.  Suck it up.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

responded to a poll once in a group I belong to for nostalgia, that was regarding stuff you just can't get in to.  I mentioned some TV shows (How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, among them) and the aforementioned fantasy genre stuff.  Man, did I get ripped to shreds.  I got called stupid, unable to understand smart, intellectual comedy with regard to HIMYM (nothing about HIMYM seemed intellectual to me - "Wait for it" and "That's what she said" ad nauseum, in particular).  Someone in that group that I'm "friends" with outside of the group would post about BBT, then say on the post "If you don't like it, keep scrolling!", which I knew was directed at me and a few others, who only commented once, and on a group post.  Incidentally, she eventually admitted she only watched the show becasue she thought Johnny Galecki was cute (this woman is in her 50's).  She would also incessantly post this meme that had Sheldon on it, and it said "People tell me they hardly know anyone watching Big Bang Theory.  People are saying they don't know about the show, so please keep sharing this!  Thank you, and Bazinga!".  Seriously?  This was several seasons in.  People know about the show.....

People saying that you don't get something just because you don't like me is close to my number one pet peeve.  No, you can understand something and still not like it.  I hate HIMYM and completely agree with you that it is not at all intellectual.  I actually don't know why anybody would think that.  I guess I just don't get it:)

OTOH, I think it's perfectly fine for a woman in her 50s to find Johnny Galecki cute.  And Bazinga kind of means like "gotcha" so maybe she was saying that yes, she knew people did know about the show. Or maybe I'm being too deep.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

People saying that you don't get something just because you don't like me is close to my number one pet peeve.  No, you can understand something and still not like it.  I hate HIMYM and completely agree with you that it is not at all intellectual.  I actually don't know why anybody would think that.  I guess I just don't get it:)

OTOH, I think it's perfectly fine for a woman in her 50s to find Johnny Galecki cute.  And Bazinga kind of means like "gotcha" so maybe she was saying that yes, she knew people did know about the show. Or maybe I'm being too deep.

I don't think it's wrong, lol, but she would just vehemently defend the show, and in the end, she was only watching it because she thought a character was cute.  🤣

• Love 3

Anybody see the new Progressive commercial where they all walk out of the cornfield?   Super creepy. 

Yes! What in the world?? They have officially run out of ideas. What on earth made this ad agency think weird, zombie-fied Progressive agents emerging from the corn field would make people want to buy Progressive insurance? This is sort of like the old Cave Men ads for Geico. They have become so enamored of their own ad campaign they don't even think they need to sell the product anymore, it's all about the running gag and it's just getting weirder and weirder. Like they think Flo has become so popular they could launch a theatrical film about her ongoing adventures.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Anybody see the new Progressive commercial where they all walk out of the cornfield?   Super creepy.  

It also makes no sense, assuming they're referencing Field of Dreams. 'Build it and they will come'? The farmer in the ad hasn't built anything, as far as I can tell, and the insurance agents coming out of the cornfield are presumably all quite alive (unlike the ghostly ballers from the movie). Or are they???  Is Progressive using this to tell us Flo and crew are DONE?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I don't think it's wrong, lol, but she would just vehemently defend the show, and in the end, she was only watching it because she thought a character was cute.  🤣

TBBT changed radically over the seasons, as the characters aged along with the actors, so it was easy for someone to lose interest (or pick some up).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

she's smug when all she has is an interview not an offer. What is she so smug about?

I was a bit smug when I worked at one very crappy place and decided I was getting out of there, I interviewed at another job, was pretty sure I had and it was offered the next day. Actually gleeful was more how I behaved for the next 2 weeks rather than smug. The 30% pay increase helped my mood a lot too.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Thanks!  The friend who turned me on to the show waaaay back in high school (late 80's) and I are going to Rifftrax at the movie theater tomorrow, and we're going next month to MST3K live.  I went last fall and had a ball.  It's Joel's last tour.  Hoping to catch it again when it comes back to our area next spring.  It will be a different movie from the one next month.

Lucky you! Hope you have a good time!

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I responded to a poll once in a group I belong to for nostalgia, that was regarding stuff you just can't get in to.  I mentioned some TV shows (How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, among them) and the aforementioned fantasy genre stuff.  Man, did I get ripped to shreds.  I got called stupid, unable to understand smart, intellectual comedy with regard to HIMYM (nothing about HIMYM seemed intellectual to me - "Wait for it" and "That's what she said" ad nauseum, in particular). 

Ugh, I hate it when people do that. One's intelligence level isn't determined by the type of TV shows they watch. 

@DrNowsWeightScale, yikes, I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. You're better off without somebody that rude and snotty in your life. There's shows/music/movies that aren't my thing, either, for whatever reason, but if other people like 'em and have fun with them, more power to ya, I say. 

• Love 5

Oh, I'n so envious. What movies are they showing?

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, mmecorday said:

I saw that commercial for Indeed.com the first time yesterday, Yeah, Claire needs to get over not getting the promotion and not so smug over getting an interview with another company.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:03 AM, kariyaki said:

The song playing on the Jeep commercial is Jeremy Renner’s

Jeremy's songs are catchy but they sound similar and I can detect autotune being used.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

I noticed those lame and annoying anti-smoking commercials now include vapes. I hate the ones with the puppets!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, I'n so envious. What movies are they showing?

Last year's tour was 2 different movies.  Many areas got 2 shows so they could do both, but our area only did one show.  Some 80's Canadian made stinker called "The Brain".  So terrible, but so good.  I can't recall what the 2nd movie was, but it was supposed to be a knock-off of Conan type movies.  This year's tour is "No Retreat, No Surrender", which we'll be seeing next month, and also "Circus Of Horrors", which we're hoping to see next spring.

Tonight's Rifftrax is "The Giant Spider Invasion".  They did one 2 or so months ago that we went to where the movie was bad.  And not funny bad, just bad, and it made sitting through the show boring.  We're never able to get to the Rifftrax live events - they're always too far away - but our local theaters do them live via satellite.

I don't want to get scolded for going off topic too far, but when I get a chance this weekend, I can post some photos from last year's tour, for anyone interested.  I'll put them in off-topic.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, ams1001 said:

I am indeed. I went to school in central Pa. 🙂  Now, I don’t live too far from the Yuengling brewery—a visit there is definitely on my to-do list. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Tonight's Rifftrax is "The Giant Spider Invasion".  They did one 2 or so months ago that we went to where the movie was bad.  And not funny bad, just bad, and it made sitting through the show boring.  We're never able to get to the Rifftrax live events - they're always too far away - but our local theaters do them live via satellite.

I went to Rifftrax for Sharknado (2? 3? I don't remember) a few years ago and there were huge thunderstorms going on in several areas of the country (including ours; you could hear the rain on the roof from inside the theater). The satellite feed got knocked out a few minutes into the short film they played before the movie, then came back, then about ten minutes into the movie went out again. After about 20 minutes they offered refunds and also gave us a free ticket if we chose not to wait (which we used to see it the next week).

I just thought the weather was rather fitting. Got pretty wet running for the car. Half expected sharks (we did have to stop for some ducks crossing the street leading out of the theater, though).

To be on topic, I was reading this thread last night and a few minutes after reading about the Progressive Employees of the Corn, lo and behold, there it was on my TV. Creepy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I am indeed. I went to school in central Pa. 🙂  Now, I don’t live too far from the Yuengling brewery—a visit there is definitely on my to-do list. 

You're in my neck of the woods, then (Central PA - I don't live super close to Pottstown).

• Love 3