Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, Silver Raven said:

So I just uncovered an entire message board criticizing commercials, and lots of people agree about the annoyingness that is the migraine ad for Princesses and Pirates.

http://www.commercialsihate.com/emgality-pirates_topic27551.html

Every time I see this I think the girl is way too old to be playing dress up games with mommy, apparently all day and every day.  I get that it's supposed to be cute, but it's also weird.

19 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

Lawd, that Zoe Kravitz whispering commercial for crappy beer makes me stabby as hell.  ASMR?  Does that stand for "Annoying Shit Michelob Regurgitates"?  

All this time I never noticed that she is Zoe Kravitz.  The commercials are terrible.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I have about the strongest stomach around, I truly do.  But that ad made me almost vomit.  It truly did.  I am not a big boycott person but I will never buy Charmin for that reason.  Costco, Aldi, off brand, whatever.  But who the hell green lit that awful idea?

I don't pay too much attention to the Charmin commercials, but Charmin Ultra Soft is the best toilet paper ever, I would never buy another brand unless they stop manufacturing it and then I would probably cry.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, partofme said:

I don't pay too much attention to the Charmin commercials, but Charmin Ultra Soft is the best toilet paper ever, I would never buy another brand unless they stop manufacturing it and then I would probably cry.

Me too.  I love it when they have it on sale at Costco.  But I do hate those commercials, especially the one described above.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Can we start a petition to retire the Charmin Bears for good? This latest one, with Mama and Papa bear arguing over who's going to pick up Junior's underwear off the floor, only to have Junior run into the room and start singing "My hiney's clean, my hiney's clean, my hiney's clean" while he shakes his butt into the camera wiping it with toilet paper. I mean . . .  jumping Jehosaphat! Surely they've taken this campaign as far as it can go. Whatever happened to the good old days when they just poured blue water on the toilet paper to show it was still strong enough to hold a cup of coffee? I don't need my toilet paper commercials to be quite so literal.

Better yet, why not do what Maytag did and get a new Mr. Whipple? Of course, no one could truly fill the shoes of the late (great) Dick Wilson, who in addition to playing Mr. Whipple for many years played The Drunk on Bewitched (and stole every scene he was in). He was also the father of Melanie Wilson (Jennifer Lyons Appleton, Perfect Strangers). Maytag had several actors throughout the years playing the iconic repairman - Jesse White and Gordon Jump, for example. Why couldn't Charmin do the same thing and get rid of those annoying cartoon bears for good???

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 7
On 5/29/2019 at 2:10 PM, Silver Raven said:

So I just uncovered an entire message board criticizing commercials, and lots of people agree about the annoyingness that is the migraine ad for Princesses and Pirates.

http://www.commercialsihate.com/emgality-pirates_topic27551.html

I despise that commercial and it was gratifying that others felt the same and for the same reasons.  The child has no friends but has a mother who has time and inclination to play a fantasy game with her all day long...with costumes and props.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, chenoa333 said:

Yeah that ^^^^

We are in the world of germaphobia. What's next? An in-home surgical sterilization device for EVERYTHING?  

Since everyone is encouraged to be germaphobes, I always wonder if the people who are so worried about every single germ have sex in hazmat suits.

Edited by Suzn
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Every time I see this I think the girl is way too old to be playing dress up games with mommy, apparently all day and every day.  I get that it's supposed to be cute, but it's also weird.

All this time I never noticed that she is Zoe Kravitz.  The commercials are terrible.

I never noticed who it was either, but all I can see are all the tatoos.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I despise that commercial and it was gratifying that others felt the same and for the same reasons.  The child has no friends but has a mother who has time and inclination to play a fantasy game with her all day long...with costumes and props.

I head cannon that the little girl is just humoring her mother until the day she can replace the prop sword with a real one and claim it was an accident and she didn't know the sword was real because she's just a little girl and can she now go live with a sane, adult parent instead of an overgrown toddler. 

I really, irrationally hate the mother in that commercial. I want to smack the smile off her face. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, chenoa333 said:

I hate their f'n commercial and now I have even more reason to hate K4K. I always thought this was a scam and it is. I find it hard to believe that a charity/non-profit org wouldn't keep the nicer, more upscale donated cars, for themselves (Mercedes, Lexus etc). 

On an even more depressing note: Courtney is back! Yes folks, after all these years of looking for a mate on Match.com....she is still available! So hurry guys! Courtney won't be waiting around forever 😁

"I'm Courtney, come fiiinnd me!" in the most nasally baby voice possible.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, littlebennysmom said:

How about her male counterpart who is "Tired of games?"  Him and his dog seem like a perfect match for Courtney!  I guess he can't find her, thus his lack of enthusiasm for games.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

How about her male counterpart who is "Tired of games?"  Him and his dog seem like a perfect match for Courtney!  I guess he can't find her, thus his lack of enthusiasm for games.

Is he the one looking for a woman who is "trusting"?  Hmmm.  So she has to TRUST you?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

Since everyone is encouraged to be germaphobes, I always wonder if the people who are so worried about every single germ have sex in hazmat suits.

They are "hazmat sluts".

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

I hate their commercials but they really should switch out people more often in that commercial. It doesn't say much for Match.com when Courtney's been on it for a few years now and still hasn't found anyone. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

The newest Trivago commercial where the T guy is checking in with the lady who gets even more annoying when she hears how much he got his room for. Just when things don't seem like they'll get worse they do because he gets snarky bordering on nasty telling her how she should have used Trivago. Considering he was arrested recently for drunk driving making him that snarly in a commercial not long after wasn't the best idea. It did make me wonder if he behaved that way with the arresting officer. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IN1d/trivago-loyalty-program

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

the Wayfair ad in which the wife makes up her own words to the tune of the Wayfair jingle.  ugh.  when she's in bed and she whisper sings "i can plan my room while I'm falling asleep" i get a little stabby.  Then when the husband sings the actual jingle and she says "no. not good." She really trips my bitch alert system...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Suzn said:

I'm surprised this product hasn't yet saturated the market:

tenor.gif?itemid=5393787

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

There's another woman on those commercials that talks in a weird way while smiling. Courtney is indeed completely annoying as is the "games" guy. It's all the same with these stupid commercials: "I'm looking for someone with a great sense of humor...." blah blah blah.

If was in the dating game, I'd be looking for someone with a stable career, no drama filled babymamas, not on prescribed mood enhancing medication, and sane. A sense of humor is nice and all but if the person is maxed out in credit cards or in other debt and is content to work a minimum wage job in order to pay for the bar on the weeked, no thanks.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Then when the husband sings the actual jingle and she says "no. not good."

I think she's right, which may be why she was trying out other wording earlier. Based on their ads, Wayfair doesn't seem to have anything to distinguish themselves from other etailers.

• Love 1
(edited)

The odd thing about Busy Philipps is that besides that ad she also. has a pro-choice PSA. Both are shot the same way with just a headshot, so you can't tell at first which spot it is.  This is besides the point, I have no idea who she is.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Love 2
On 6/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, configdotsys said:

If was in the dating game, I'd be looking for someone with a stable career, no drama filled babymamas, not on prescribed mood enhancing medication, and sane. A sense of humor is nice and all but if the person is maxed out in credit cards or in other debt and is content to work a minimum wage job in order to pay for the bar on the weekend, no thanks.

100% agree.  Just have your act together or be making steady progress towards getting your life together.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:04 AM, smittykins said:

I just saw an ad for the Home Depot with a young girl who’s just a little too short to reach the snacks on their refrigerator’s upper shelf, so mom goes online to find a fridge with a bottom drawer.  OK, but...

Your daughter’s still growing.  She should be able to reach that shelf pretty quickly, probably sooner than you think.  And in the meantime, there’s something called a stepstool.

Or maybe put the snacks on a lower shelf and just keep the vodka at the top.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 11:46 PM, andromeda331 said:

I hate their commercials but they really should switch out people more often in that commercial. It doesn't say much for Match.com when Courtney's been on it for a few years now and still hasn't found anyone. 

I realize that Courtney is probably a trainwreck, and fictional. But I have to admit she's really hot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, docmatt said:

I realize that Courtney is probably a trainwreck, and fictional. But I have to admit she's really hot.

Well, apparently she's still available. If you sign up now you might have a shot. lol 

It isn't actually good advertising to use the same people (especially the hot ones). It just makes you wonder, if someone as hot as Courtney can't find someone, how crap is their service?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I met someone recently who found their current husband on Match.com 11 years ago when she was in her 50s. She said it was an instant "this is the one" when they met for coffee. So there you go.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, docmatt said:

But I have to admit she's really hot.

I've said before that I doubt she would have trouble getting dates; keeping them is another matter.  None of the actors in the online dating ads would have the least problem getting dates.  They should have ugly people talking about getting dates, it would be better evidence that the service worked. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

The ad for some foot fungus cream. With talking feet. As if feet aren't disgusting enough. *shudder* 

I wonder why that is. Why do so many of us think feet are gross? They're just body parts, but yikes.  And then you have the weirdos with the foot fetishes. I *never* understood that.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

The ad for some foot fungus cream. With talking feet. As if feet aren't disgusting enough. *shudder* 

If this is the one with faces drawn on the toe nails, double yuck and shudder!

I saw one over the weekend where a guy and an eagle are feeding each other.  Whatever he's selling, I'm not buying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

If this is the one with faces drawn on the toe nails, double yuck and shudder!

I thought I was the only one that got grossed out by that.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:
20 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I wonder why that is. Why do so many of us think feet are gross? They're just body parts, but yikes.  And then you have the weirdos with the foot fetishes. I *never* understood that.

I have a huge foot aversion. I hate summer because all of a sudden everyone thinks everyone wants to see their toes. YUCK! So basically, any foot cream, pedi anything, sandal commercial etc and I cannot change the channel fast enough. 

8 hours ago, Colleenna said:
On 5/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, chessiegal said:

The Slingers can go away yesterday. That is all.

Oh. God. Yes. 

What adhole thought this was a good idea? 

The strangest part is, I loved both Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman together and individually but those Slinger commercials have made me hate them both.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm really hoping DON'T MESS WITH MY DISCOUNT won't be on rotation for a long as I fear it will be. Not good for the blood pressure.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 14

This is really stupid of me, but I don't like the new commercial with the Slowsky turtles.  They don't like relying on technology for help.  So, if you use the new app, you can schedule a phone call.  So, in order to bypass using technology for help, you have to use technology?  Did they think that commercial through?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Anyone else kinda want to punch the “don’t mess with my discount!” Lady?

No, but I seriously want to throat punch the idiots who came up with the Limu Emu.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 6/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

None of the actors in the online dating ads would have the least problem getting dates.  They should have ugly people talking about getting dates, it would be better evidence that the service worked. 

They probably figure that prospective customers want to find somebody hot. Maybe they should tell us what Courtney's issue is. Is she like Taylor Swift in Blank Space? Like creepy Emily on The Big Bang Theory? They shouldn't be leaving it to viewers' imagination.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, kariyaki said:

They're better than the original Slingers couple. They were super creepy.

I wasn't aware that they changed the actors playing the "Slingers".

14 hours ago, Emma9 said:

I'm really hoping DON'T MESS WITH MY DISCOUNT won't be on rotation for a long as I fear it will be. Not good for the blood pressure.

I just want to slap this woman, or stand in line for it.

flight trw GIF

1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

No, but I seriously want to throat punch the idiots who came up with the Limu Emu.....

You know, it was lame and I didn't like it, but I didn't really care about it, until the commercial with them trying to lampshade it as a portmando(?) of Liberty Mutual as a way to make you remember their name made me hate them.

Edited by Ubiquitous
Added GIF
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I only figured out a couple of days ago that Limu stands for Liberty Mutual.  I just thought they made up a stupid name that rhymed with emu.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I only figured out a couple of days ago that Limu stands for Liberty Mutual.  I just thought they made up a stupid name that rhymed with emu.

To be consistent, shouldn't their ads be singing "Leeberty" four times?

56 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm still being subjected to the  horribleness that is the princess and pirates mom. I can't describe why I hate her so much. Is it the affluenza? 

I hate her enough to wish her felled by a migraine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3