Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

You guys, there is a very annoying commercial for Coke that is driving me bonkers. The narrator is a slow-talking, over-enunciating woman with a breathy voice that also somehow sounds like she has a mouthful of food. And the music in the commercial almost overpowers her, but not enough that I can’t hear it. 

I don't think I saw that one but I do like the one they have for Diet Coke.....the "mom" commercial.  I especially like the end when they say she can win an argument with just four words "Because I said so."  LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Nope that's the same commercial, although there is a longer version.  Mila Kunis is saying "It wasn't me" when Ashton Kutcher accuses her of eating his Cheetos, and Shaggy (the rapper responsible for a song in which "It wasn't me" was the chorus) is telling her to say that.  When she blames Shaggy for eating the Cheetos, he says "It was her." to Ashton Kutcher.

Let these celebs all have their Cheetos along with the Rabbit getting all his Trix because I've never liked either of the above items!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Rabbit never gets his Trix because those rotten kids take it from him! Probably the same rotten kids who are always chasing the Lucky Charms leprechaun. Cereal stealers!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, susannah said:

Rabbit never gets his Trix because those rotten kids take it from him! Probably the same rotten kids who are always chasing the Lucky Charms leprechaun. Cereal stealers!

Not to mention that poor bird who is not getting the mental health care he so clearly is desperate for. Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, indeed. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Not to mention that poor bird who is not getting the mental health care he so clearly is desperate for. Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, indeed. 

Yeah, why would any parent seeing that commercial not be worried that that cereal would make their tiny kids MORE hyper?!

Of course, it was interesting that Sonny knew  his  grandfather  despite coming from a long line of feathered folks who'd sneak eggs into nests for other birds to raise!

• Love 4
(edited)

Heinz ketchup.  A little girl in a car eating a gross-looking burger that is (literally) bigger than her head, topped with a disgusting amount of ketchup.  And people wonder why Americans are perceived as greedy and overweight.

Edited by Leeds
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Heinz ketchup.  A little girl in a car eating an gross-looking burger that is (literally) bigger than her head, topped with a disgusting amount of ketchup.  And people wonder why Americans are perceived as greedy and overweight.

I've seen this commercial too and find it to be obnoxious.  You forgot to mention that Heinz ketchup and other ingredients from the humongous burger are smeared all over her bratty fat face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2021 at 8:29 AM, peacheslatour said:

At least he's not a cereal killer!

• LOL 18
14 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I hate this PenFed credit union commercial with the guy who keeps saying "hooahh!"

Same! I get what they're going for, but it's still annoying!

• Love 3

We have a local commercial for a hospital clinic.  It starts with a high pitch squeal that lasts for about 10 seconds.  It’s an awful decibel and really hurts my ears.  It then talks about surgery to help people with a certain hearing deficit.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

We have a local commercial for a hospital clinic.  It starts with a high pitch squeal that lasts for about 10 seconds.  It’s an awful decibel and really hurts my ears.  It then talks about surgery to help people with a certain hearing deficit.  

I guess they're creating a market for it.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 4:05 AM, cynicat said:

I guess they're creating a market for it.

I pass this optometrist's office on the way to my favorite hiking area and have to question their choice of sign font. It's not easily readable, especially when you're driving by on the opposite side of the street going the 25 mph speed limit. I joke to myself that they're giving you an eye exam before you even go inside!

eye1.jpg.3d62ae09f9214d21df460d6425cf12b7.jpg

Edited by Scout Finch
Cropped out business info.
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

"They say Diet Coke is a moms' drink."

This is palpably untrue and contradicted by Coke's own advertising.  (Remember the construction site workers from a couple of years ago?)

And what about the millions of all ages and demographics who drink it in the misguided belief that it will, in fact, help them lose weight.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Leeds said:

"They say Diet Coke is a moms' drink."

This is palpably untrue and contradicted by Coke's own advertising.  (Remember the construction site workers from a couple of years ago?)

And what about the millions of all ages and demographics who drink it in the misguided belief that it will, in fact, help them lose weight.

People believe what they want to believe and do what they want to do. If they do something because an ad or celebrity told them to, that's on them. I don't give people passes for being brainless.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

If they had any brains they would be looking for his pot of gold.

So they are brainless as well as rotten!😀 I agree that the ads on these days are stupid. I may be in the minority but I loved the woodchucks chucking wood into the pond and laughing like crazy. Hasn't been on in a long time.

Edited by susannah
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I liked the little pig squealing in the back seat, but that one apparently isn't all that popular. 

I liked it too, he was having such fun with his pinwheel, but I have read that people thought it was obnoxious.

• Love 12
(edited)

I remember the pig commercial.   The full length commercial has him turning into a little boy when he's walking up the front walk to his house.   So people objected to him hanging out the windows, no seat belt, etc., too.    I only saw the full length one a couple of time, and then the turning into a kid part was never shown again, or I didn't see it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Oy, this Bounty commercial where the spilled coffee is going to ruin the winning lottery ticket...just pick up the ticket off the counter, THEN worry about wiping up the spill! It’s as dumb as the one where they’re wiping the spill TOWARD the phone instead of heading it off from the other direction!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked the mom who was driving. She was just done with him.

Except he wasn't trying to be annoying, he was just having fun! I also just saw the ad with the kid eating the burger with it smeared all over her face, and it is disgusting.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I remember the pig commercial.   The full length commercial has him turning into a little boy when he's walking up the front walk to his house.   So people objected to him hanging out the windows, no seat belt, etc., too.    I only saw the full length one a couple of time, and then the turning into a kid part was never shown again, or I didn't see it.  

I never saw that either!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked the mom who was driving. She was just done with him.

The actor's line delivery and facial expressions are perfect.

And Maxwell is even funny when he says, "Oh, cool, thanks, Mrs. A," after she snaps him out of it and he realizes he's home.

But, holy crap, too much of the wee wee weeing!  It hurts my ears and angers my soul.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

The actor's line delivery and facial expressions are perfect.

And Maxwell is even funny when he says, "Oh, cool, thanks, Mrs. A," after she snaps him out of it and he realizes he's home.

But, holy crap, too much of the wee wee weeing!  It hurts my ears and angers my soul.

I heard him thank Mrs A but it was a talking pig! Hopefully he was just "wheeing" and not weeing! Yeah I just watched it again on youtube and  it was just the one where he says thanks, didn't see him get out, but he does have his seat belt on and only has his head and one arm? foot? out the window.

Edited by susannah
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Is it too soon for me to say "that's just nuts" again?  I know I just said it a few pages ago, but it still fits.

What the heck is ball acne?  I have never heard of that.   And how would you know if you had it?   I couldn't see the forest for the tree?  Those balls are pretty well hidden.  Of course later on in life he probably would have to tuck them in one of his socks.  Gravity is a bitch.  Still, up until then, how would anyone ever know they had ball acne?

I didn't think he was being obnoxious. 

Then they would have thrown an absolute hissy fit back in the mid 70s when kids used to ride in a back of a pickup and/or station wagons without any restraints whatsoever.  It was common back then.  It doesn't make it right, it was a different time.

The pig commercial wasn't real,  I don't know why anyone would make more out of it then there was.

I know! In the front seat, in the back of the station wagon, in the back of the pickup..totally common! I don't know why people would get their knickers in a twist over a cute pig commercial.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, susannah said:

I know! In the front seat, in the back of the station wagon, in the back of the pickup..totally common! I don't know why people would get their knickers in a twist over a cute pig commercial.

I found Maxwell the pig and his squealing quite annoying, but the rest didn't particularly bother me.

• Love 1

For the past few days there’s been a commercial for Get Go where a guy is going around the store with a gun shooting at things, and towards people, where the gun turns one product into two.  With all these shootings in our country, how irresponsible is it to have someone shooting up a convenience store?  What are these ad agencies thinking.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

For the past few days there’s been a commercial for Get Go where a guy is going around the store with a gun shooting at things, and towards people, where the gun turns one product into two.  With all these shootings in our country, how irresponsible is it to have someone shooting up a convenience store?  What are these ad agencies thinking.

Oh my God!

• Love 6
On 5/30/2021 at 5:26 AM, icemiser69 said:

I liked the little pig squealing in the back seat, but that one apparently isn't all that popular. 

I loved the Maxwell one!!  When my kids were being obnoxious, I'd just say "Maxwell!" (neither of them are named Maxwell) and they'd laugh and settle down.  I found a gif of Maxwell hanging out the window and sent it to my son for his birthday.  He told me it was a blast from the past.

• Love 9

I don't know who came up with the concept of people on public transport singing in an operatic recitative about structured settlements, but that person needs to be gored by Brunhilde's helmet.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

This commercial doesn't really make me angry but just very very sad and depressed.  I hate seeing my favorite t.v. personalities whether it's acting or wrestling reduced to Tide commercials.  I mean I get the word play but still it's a Tide commercial *weep, weep*

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

This commercial doesn't really make me angry but just very very sad and depressed.  I hate seeing my favorite t.v. personalities whether it's acting or wrestling reduced to Tide commercials.  I mean I get the word play but still it's a Tide commercial *weep, weep*

I stopped watching SVU a million years ago but it annoys me to see Ice-T doing stupid commercials.  I don't think the Tide commercial is as bad as the one for Car Shield.  I hate those commercials regardless of who is in them but I especially hate his.  Do they really expect us to believe he uses Car Shield for his cars?  I understand they're a total rip off and I'm pretty sure Ice-T can afford to repair his own cars.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I agree. I don't mind IceT's Car Shield ads, but Tide? Just no. It is sad, and I wouldn't think Ice needs the money! I think SVU is still on, it's the beast that won't die, and I thought he was still on it too. I could be wrong.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, susannah said:

I agree. I don't mind IceT's Car Shield ads, but Tide? Just no. It is sad, and I wouldn't think Ice needs the money! I think SVU is still on, it's the beast that won't die, and I thought he was still on it too. I could be wrong.

You're right.  SVU is still on and he's still on it.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think the Tide commercials are cute.  "You know his mother?"

I'm an Ice-T fan from L&O:SVU and I just like the man.  I remember when he was a rapper before he got into acting.  He at first was panned as not being able to act, but I gave him a chance and he started nailing it.  His snark on SVU is a breath of fresh air and what keeps me watching.  I don't mind this commercial at all.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm an Ice-T fan from L&O:SVU and I just like the man.  I remember when he was a rapper before he got into acting.  He at first was panned as not being able to act, but I gave him a chance and he started nailing it.  His snark on SVU is a breath of fresh air and what keeps me watching.  I don't mind this commercial at all.

Nor do I. The first time I saw his acting chops was in a movie called Surviving The Game based on the 1924 story The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. I was impressed.

• Useful 1

The Corona beer commercial with Snoop Dog.

Never liked him, based on the things he's said on social media.

It belies the genial guy presented in the commercial, spreading Corona beers to his "friends" on some Mexican beach.

Snoop is all dapper, smiling, looks very genial

Of course you don't expect a celebrity pushing a product on a commercial to represent his real personality but it's so opposite of what he can be like.

Corona or their ad agency must hope that people who see the commercial are unaware of Snoop's douchey behavior?

• Love 5
On 6/3/2021 at 12:28 PM, mmecorday said:

I don't know who came up with the concept of people on public transport singing in an operatic recitative about structured settlements, but that person needs to be gored by Brunhilde's helmet.

Awww, I find those rather amusing.  But hey, to each their own.

19 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

From the Goli Gummies commercial...

Office workers: Jim, want some cake?

Jim, in smug sing-song voice (followed by lame dance moves): No, thank you!! 

Me: LIAR!!

Me too.

I find the cold call Tide commercials mildly amusing. (Also, the first thing I saw Ice-T act in was Tank Girl.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, icemiser69 said:

That's a first.  During one commercial break I saw the same Peyronie's disease commercial twice along with an erectile dysfunction commercial.  I was going to say what is up with that, but sadly given the last commercial there wasn't anything up with that.   I don't think I have ever seen a sequence of commercials like that before.   Usually it is Medicare commercial after Medicare commercial.

What were you watching?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

The Corona beer commercial with Snoop Dog.

Never liked him, based on the things he's said on social media.

It belies the genial guy presented in the commercial, spreading Corona beers to his "friends" on some Mexican beach.

Snoop is all dapper, smiling, looks very genial

Of course you don't expect a celebrity pushing a product on a commercial to represent his real personality but it's so opposite of what he can be like.

Corona or their ad agency must hope that people who see the commercial are unaware of Snoop's douchey behavior?

I've always liked Snoop Dog so I enjoy those commercials.

• Love 2