Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

Ok, Burger King chicken sandwich dude.  First off, the sandwich did not LITERALLY blow your mind.  Cut that shit out.

Second, WHY are you yammering with food in your mouth?  That is so gross.

• Love 7

My all time hate commercial. “People confuse Nice and Kind”. They do? NO, THEY DO NOT. I wonder what advertising agency came up with this nonsense and got paid for it. Really?!!

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

My all time hate commercial. “People confuse Nice and Kind”. They do? NO, THEY DO NOT. I wonder what advertising agency came up with this nonsense and got paid for it. Really?!!

Right with you. I checked out the nutrition label on those things and they are full of fat and are high in calories.

• Love 4

As if the Sonic commercials couldn't get any more annoying...

What is up with C-lister Jane Krakowski? Why does she say "float" in such  a weird way? Guess she's not doing commercials for diet orange juice anymore. She bugs the crap out of me. And I had to google who Ellie Kemper is. These two probably came cheaper than the two idiotic Sonic guys. Gah.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Is Sonic phasing out the two annoying guys? I've been seeing ads with two women lately. They take a dig at the guys in one of them.

If it's the same ad I saw, that's the cast of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (minus Titus). So I'm guessing it's probably a short term thing having Jane Krakowski and Ellie Kemper mocking the Sonic dudes. I think I read they'd signed on for 6 spots, but it's unclear if the plan is to straight up replace the dudes or just add more people.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ashforth said:

It's a Subaru ad. A young couple stops at a store to ask directions to a scenic lookout and the blind guy volunteers. While riding in the car, he gives directions to the spot, then takes them into the forest at night, where he nimbly makes his way while the woman stumbles. Next, you see the Subaru speeding down the highway.

In my imagination, the window rolls down to reveal the blind man driving and laughing at the foolish city folk whose bodies he left to decompose in the woods.

Same here. Think I'm watching too much of the Investigation Discovery channel.

• Love 8
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, proserpina65 said:

It's a Subaru commercial.  Two millennial are in some rural shop asking about a map of the coast trail.  The blind man tells them there is no map but he'll take them.  That's why he's in the car telling them where to turn.

Haven't seen that one yet but I hate most Subaru ads, especially the music they use.  The one where the guy is reminiscing about his daughter growing up, that sad, sorry guy singing that stupidly-sick off-key song is the worst.  I mute it as soon as I see it start.

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Shriners Children's Hospital commercials being shown over and over again makes me less likely to want to donate money.  I feel sorry for the kids, but the commercials are making me stabby!

The little dark haired kid in the wheelchair - he reminds me of a mini Buddy Hackett.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, David Zak said:

Haven't seen that one yet but I hate most Subaru ads, especially the music they use.  The one where the guy is reminiscing about his daughter growing up, that sad, sorry guy singing that stupidly-sick off-key song is the worst.  I mute it as soon as I see it start.

I don't even notice the music, I'm too busy being annoyed by the fact that the guy is finding 15-year-old garbage in his car. Don't you ever clean your car, dude?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Thanks for the link. He always melts my heart and I wish him the greatest success in his career. He certainly is charismatic!

I agree. I cannot imagine the health challenges he has faced.

• Love 4

I loathe, loathe, loathe the TripAdvisor commercial that begins and ends with a scream and stars an owl with a bad accent wearing a bathrobe.  He used to say that he likes the fresher things in life, like fresh towels and fresh soaps.  I'd always think, gee, I prefer towels dirtied by someone else and grubby soap sitting in a pool of mush.  They've taken that one out of rotation, but the replacements aren't much better.  I wrote to the TA people on Facebook to complain, but they ignored me.

The Trivago guy is as hot as hell.  Him I don't mind.

Cannot stand Rachel Ray screeching how dogs LOVE her new treats, and one of them jumps and grabs it from her.  Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Shriners have a special place in my heart.  My late brother was helped by them when he was young and he was featured in one of their commercials. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Lava VaVoom said:

The Trivago guy is as hot as hell.  Him I don't mind.

Agree. We were in Italy last June, and I was amused that the USA Trivago guy was way hotter than the Italian guy. :-)

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, David Zak said:

There's also an ad by Zillow, or someone, with a little boy looking at the North Star and thinking of Mom.  Dad finds just the perfect house with a skylight over Son's room so he can see the North Star every night.  Geez, we're all hammered with really sad news stories every day--do we really need sad commercials too?

• Love 13
On 3/13/2018 at 11:02 PM, Ashforth said:

It's a Subaru ad. A young couple stops at a store to ask directions to a scenic lookout and the blind guy volunteers. While riding in the car, he gives directions to the spot, then takes them into the forest at night, where he nimbly makes his way while the woman stumbles. Next, you see the Subaru speeding down the highway.

In my imagination, the window rolls down to reveal the blind man driving and laughing at the foolish city folk whose bodies he left to decompose in the woods.

The wise old blind man trope annoys me. I keep wondering just how he knows where they're sppsd to turn onto that unmarked dirt road.

• Love 2
On ‎03‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, David Zak said:

Aw, I actually love the song in that one and have been thinking of downloading.  To each, their own.

4 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

There's also an ad by Zillow, or someone, with a little boy looking at the North Star and thinking of Mom.  Dad finds just the perfect house with a skylight over Son's room so he can see the North Star every night.  Geez, we're all hammered with really sad news stories every day--do we really need sad commercials too?

Add that to the non stop ads  from pharmaceutical companies constantly reminding us that cancer, heart disease and stroke are coming for us, it's a wonder we're not all alcoholics.

• Love 10
On 3/11/2018 at 11:25 PM, Silver Raven said:

Good GOD, this commercial is awful!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wmt1/wish-floral-jacket

Holy cow. I just saw that one today on tv. Hate that woman screaming like a banshee over a dumb jacket. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, forumfish said:

I didn't have a problem with most of Danny Trejo's Sling TV ads, even though they were overplayed. Oh, I'd give anything to have more of them instead of this:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wQUK/sling-we-are-slingers

What in the actual O_o? Really? Did they have to go there? I'd take his ads over this. ANY DAY.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Add that to the non stop ads  from pharmaceutical companies constantly reminding us that cancer, heart disease and stroke are coming for us, it's a wonder we're not all alcoholics.

I'll drink to that! 

• Love 18
35 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I saw a commercial for some product that the announcer described as "simple and easy." Am I dumb? Why say both of those things?

Simple products aren't always easy to use - hula hoops for example.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Word. And I don't even drink!

• Love 8

I’m unreasonably annoyed by the AT&T commercial where they keep talking about their thing and your thing. It’s like they use the word ‘thing’ way too many times. And there’s a reference to the friend zone thing, which makes my teeth itch. I remember when men and women being platonic was simply called ‘friendship.’ There are a couple of pretty fantastic puppy dogs in the commercial, so it’s not a complete downer.

• Love 3

The annoying woman from the Navy Federal Credit Union "zipline" commercial is back for the Buick Enclave commercial. 

"hey honey we should get one of those and have like a ton more keds"

"keds"

"like a ton more keddds"

F$@#$@#%@

• Love 4
On 2018-03-10 at 12:14 PM, configdotsys said:

Am so sick of that one. There is no one in the auditorium either. 

If you look closely, the guy passerby that the girl nods to is the guy in the guy version of the commercial and vice versa for the girl. I hope that makes sense...

Hey you’re right!  Lol...that’s some pretty darn high concept stuff.  Now if the girl wasn’t so annoying I might actually drink a Diet Coke!

well...ok, no I wouldn’t

17 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Simple products aren't always easy to use - hula hoops for example.

I guess that could make sense! But I think it was for not an object though, but possibly a service or a software or something. I remember thinking just throw “efficient” in there!

The Amazon ad for Alexa irritates me. Can’t you just google the song lyrics yourself?  Why do you have to ask your house to do it for you?

Although the scene from Moonlight they use is a-ok because the guy sitting at the diner seat is SO HOT.  So.  Hot.

• Love 3

The Taco Bell nacho fries commercials—does anyone know on whose behalf the man is freaking out? He’s yelling all X Files conspiracy-theory style, that  they—the burger people!—don’t want the fries to come out. Is he with the “burger people”? If so, why does he say “they” and not “we”? Is he with Taco Bell? If so, why would he care if his competition, the burger people, didn’t want this news to come out? 

Edited by TattleTeeny
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Please, get this Toujeo idiot OFF MY TV!!!

No shit. He makes me stabby. I can't turn channels fast enough when I see him. 

ETA: wait, I'm thinking of the Triseba guy who dances everywhere and is so freaking happy because Triseba is a miracle medication.  You can tell that his dog is embarrassed by him. That's the guy who needs to go. 

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 11
On 3/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, Ashforth said:

Exactly! It's annoying how he just invites himself along. Meanwhile, local folks are sadly shaking their heads about that nice young couple who don't realize they've just set off with "Crazy 'Ole Hatchet Bob"...and won't be returning.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 22
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

The Toujeo guy is the one who is dancing while he is mowing the lawn, cooking, etc.  He is washing a basset hound too.

Hee! Maybe I need Toujeo then! That is the guy who I want to punch. I hate so many commercials that I can't keep them straight. Now I can't remember who is in the Triseba commercial, but that damn "Triseba ready" jingle is in my head. Bassets look so sad all the time anyway, but this poor little guy needs to be re-homed.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Exactly! It's annoying how he just invites himself along. Meanwhile, local folks are sadly shaking their heads about that nice young couple who don't realize they've just set off with "Crazy 'Ole Hatchet Bob"...and won't be returning.

You just made my morning.  :D

• Love 4

Please, get this Toujeo idiot OFF MY TV!!!

And he can take the Glucerna shake guy with him to the depths of hell because really, Glucerna guy, just because you chose a shake over something tempting and sweet does not make you champion of the world.

• Love 13