Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Talented Mr. Rollins

One of the funniest tiny background moments ever on this show, Spencer talking to someone after her conversation with Jason, in a strangely nonchalant high school gossipy sort of way:

"Jason didn't even know they got married. He freaked out."

• Love 5
On 7/6/2016 at 6:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hanna, on the other hand, is still pretending to be engaged to Jordan. And dude! In the last episode she handed the ring back to him but in this episode she still had it. I guess we're supposed to assume that Jordan is so rich/nice that he told her to keep it.

She bought a fake ring to wear so her friends won't know she ended the engagement. These girls are really committed to their lies. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

She bought a fake ring to wear so her friends won't know she ended the engagement. These girls are really committed to their lies. 

Oh, Hanna. I love you.

Thanks for that Sadie T. I was wondering why Hanna had her ring back. This was a fun episode(minus relationship drama) where something was actually accomplished; didn't expect Rollins to die so quickly this season though. I was wondering to myself why Aria was so involved in the mystery and being proactive this episode, and then she said that Ezra was away and I was like that makes sense. Stay away forever please Ezra, let Aria be present in the mystery and her friends lives. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

- Blatant conflict of interest. They could have had Rollins manipulate his colleagues into believing Alison was unstable and having one of them be in charge of her case, but no, he had to be the one who made all the decisions because that's not illegal or suspicious at all, especially not when so much money is involved, right?

Basically, simply murdering Alison would probably have been a far less risky option.

Yes, this will probably happen. I am so looking forward to Alison trying to convince people how much she misses dear Elliot and how right he was to lock her up in an institution.

If he really tried to do anything with her money it could be contested in a second.

Judge, my wife has been declared incompetent (by myself) so I need access to her money.  They got married like a week ago, so they didn't have time to set up any joint accounts, and I think it's all in Charlotte's company anyway. There would need to be a second doctor to validate. Otherwise lots of people would be declaring their spouses incompetent and stealing their business/money. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

She probably will do just that even though it's ridiculous. Alison's fortune is a perfectly believable motive (it's even true), no need for anyone to mention Charlotte's murder. And even if for some arcane reason they have to mention it, Rollins believing Alsion was the killer means nothing without evidence to back it.

Plus this is Alison, so couldn't she, I don't know, lie about Rollins motives! You know because Alison is supposed to a brilliant, borderline pathological liar, and of all things, this situation would be pretty easy to lie your way out of. I mean the guy already drugged, institutionalized, and kidnapped his much younger wife. I find it hard to believe Alison doesn't already have some story thought up. "Well officer, whenever we had sex, he insisted (insert disturbing controlling behavior here).  Do you think that was some kind of warning sign?"

I mean I guess we don't know yet why they are burying the body, but the explanation nara gave is the closest thing to a reasonable motivation for them to bury Rollins that there is, at least that I can think of.

• Love 1

Ugh. This show. It's like, it looks not quite as bad going into the episode, and then you can just start uncovering all the layers of idiocy like a plaster mask of Ali over a latex mask of Wilden over a doll face over a camera that is being fed into Wrick's eyes, which have been transplanted into Mary Drake's head.

The Bros can sometimes be hit or miss (see: everything to do with Charlotte/Kenneth DiLaurentis) but I really can't wait for their comedy platinum this week.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

If he really tried to do anything with her money it could be contested in a second.

Judge, my wife has been declared incompetent (by myself) so I need access to her money.  They got married like a week ago, so they didn't have time to set up any joint accounts, and I think it's all in Charlotte's company anyway. There would need to be a second doctor to validate. Otherwise lots of people would be declaring their spouses incompetent and stealing their business/money. 

But, Rosewood. I'm pretty sure this is standard practice in Creeper Capital of America. I bet the nurse behind the window at Welby the Liars are always yelling at is actually some kind of child bride hostage of the older male doctor there, too. Rosewood gonna Rosewood, yo.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, SadieT said:

Hee. Like Emily sending her mom fake graduation photos and making a fake diploma. Seriously, these girls. I kind of love them. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, SadieT said:

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Hee. Like Emily sending her mom fake graduation photos and making a fake diploma. Seriously, these girls. I kind of love them. 

Ha, I know, right?

Thank for the gif! I noticed that Hanna took her ring out of a box but I didn't see the price tag so I didn't realize she had bought a fake ring. I'm sure she's telling herself that she's doing this to help save Caleb and Spencer's budding relationship, but whatever. All that matters is that she bought a fake ring. You'd think that someone like Spencer would recognize a huge fake diamond when she saw one. Heh, I bet Melissa or Mona could spot that it's a fake from a mile away.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And then they always wonder after the fact why they're so easy to stalk and blackmail. It's amazing.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, I know, right?

Thank for the gif! I noticed that Hanna took her ring out of a box but I didn't see the price tag so I didn't realize she had bought a fake ring. I'm sure she's telling herself that she's doing this to help save Caleb and Spencer's budding relationship, but whatever. All that matters is that she bought a fake ring. You'd think that someone like Spencer would recognize a huge fake diamond when she saw one. Heh, I bet Melissa or Mona could spot that it's a fake from a mile away.

Or Jenna. Because bitches be fabulous. Even blind bitches. Any one of them has more fabulousness in their pinky nail than all four of these ratchet bitches combined. Which is why we love our ratchet ass Liars. Still, though. Jenna can sniff out fake diamonds like a fabulous, blind, drug-sniffing dog. She can sniff them out from so far away it brought her back from whatever far away hole she crawled into.

10 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

The Bros can sometimes be hit or miss (see: everything to do with Charlotte/Kenneth DiLaurentis) but I really can't wait for their comedy platinum this week.

Listening to it at work and I'm having to suppress my laughter.  The bit where Emily is explaining the key-thing to pot-brownie chick is hysterial.  "That's not even in the top 100!" 

They're also having a lot of fun mocking the awkward product placement for Sara Sheperd's new book.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/6/2016 at 3:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

First I need to bitch about the fact that we're in S7 but obviously they still haven't learned the basics. Aria went into Ali's house with the express purpose of snooping through Elliot's locked trunk and SHE DIDN'T BRING GLOVES. Nope, she just touched everything with her bare hands leaving fingerprints on everything. Secondly, she put the key back in the wrong place. You know if Spencer had been the one inside the house doing all the Spencering, she would have put everything back within a millimeter of its original position.

I had the exact same reaction to Aria and the lack of gloves.  And why did she take the items out of the box in any case? They were all laying in an organized fashion from which she could have photographed each with minimal touching (she might have had to turn bottles to face the labels). 

I am conflicted about Spencer's reaction to Caleb. On the one hand, I applaud anyone who refuses to settle for not being loved as they want to be loved. You shouldn't stay in a relationship just because you love the other person. You need to be treated as you want to be treated. On the other hand, didn't Spencer and Caleb just start dating? They said in this episode that Ali and Wrollins had only been officially dating for a week before they got married. Isn't that around the same time that Spencer and Caleb first hooked up? And Aria mentioned that she's spent a lot of time with Ezra over the past few weeks (which is what I assume the timeline is since the time jump when all the girls returned to Rosewood). I get Spencer being hurt that Caleb likes her but she LOVES him, but at the same time, dude, give it a little bit of time. Despite knowing each other for a long time, they've only been dating a short while. If he isn't at the love stage yet, that's totally understandable. I know people who dated for over a year before they were ready to say, "I love you." To be honest, I think Spencer's reaction was more about finding out that Toby & Yvonne just got engaged + finding out that Caleb and Hanna kissed + Spencer just wanting things with Caleb to happen on her timeline (meaning she's realized that she loves him so he should now love her in return).

I think we're meant to understand that Spencer has been falling for Caleb since Spain and more specifically as they spent time together over the last few years in DC. And really, though they weren't dating at the beginning of 6B, they were dancing around it and it was established that they spent a great deal of time together.  I have many issues with how they've written Spencer and Caleb as a couple as well as their respective dynamics with Hanna, but this doesn't really bother me.  I also don't think Spencer was so much demanding that he be on her level as she was crushed that it was obvious that he was placating her with the way he listed how he liked so many things about her.  I think she would have been okay with him not being entirely there if with her if it wasn't so clear he was still at least half there [read: entirely there] with Hanna. I saw her as more saying that she was in love and she wasn't willing to be his place holder because he cannot have Hanna because he at least liked her a whole lot.

As a side note, I still find it odd that Spencer was talking about not returning to DC last week and instead working with her mother in PA and neither she nor Caleb even discussed how it might effect their relationship (which at that point neither had discussed ending).   I realize that it isn't across the country, but moving hours away by car is no small thing for a relationship. And it did not come up this episode at all.

Loved that Alison tried to escape not once but TWICE in the same episode. That is the Alison I want to see: tenacious, wily, and resourceful. I know she has already realized that Elliot is a creepy creeper who creeps, but she is going to be even more pissed when she finds out that he was secretly dating Charlotte. She really needs a good therapist (but not Dr. Anne).

Yes! This.  I've been so bored by docile/wimpy Alison of the the post time jump. She had a few moments after Charlotte died, but mostly she's been bland and damseled.   This Ally is the one I can get behind.  Yes, it will likely take the form of manipulating the girls into protecting her next week... but proactive Allison, manipulative possible sociopath and all, is way more fun.

Edited by RachelKM
Typos, of course. The folly of posting after 2am.
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Loved that Alison tried to escape not once but TWICE in the same episode. That is the Alison I want to see: tenacious, wily, and resourceful. I know she has already realized that Elliot is a creepy creeper who creeps, but she is going to be even more pissed when she finds out that he was secretly dating Charlotte. She really needs a good therapist (but not Dr. Anne).

Yes! This.  I've been so bored by docile/wimpy Alison of the the post time jump. She had a few moments after Charlotte died, but mostly she's been bland and damseled.   This Ally is the one I can get behind.  Yes, it will likely take the form of manipulating the girls into protecting her next week... but proactive Allison, manipulative possible sociopath and all, is way more fun.

Yes and all it took was for her to be institutionalized and drugged with huge doses of a stimulant to get her back to her old scheming, sociopathic self.  Though seriously, its good to see the writers finally realized the melodramatic blob they turned Ali into was getting really boring.

• Love 1