Type keyword(s) to search

Famously Single - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I couldn't believe I sided with her too, but mainly in the first episode.  When they were all at the club and Pauly D and the woman, (sorry I don't watch her show and don't know her name) were making fun of the guy in the club, I actually cheered Brandi.  I never thought I would cheer her but she was so right.  They were horrible to that poor guy, I wanted to smack Pauly when he kept screaming at the poor man.    I used to think Pauly was a nice guy but he's an asshole. 

I'm sure being on Brandi's side won't last long because I can't stand her. 

Yay!  We got our forum!!

• Love 11

I've seen Aubrey in other shows but don't remember her being this bad.  Does she think she's there to be one of the dating coaches?   Aubrey lists her age as 32 which is the same age as my daughter,  no way in hell are they the same age.  I would add at least ten years to her age.   If she really is 32 then she's a rough 32.  

Are she and Pauly still dating? 

• Love 1

Episode Three :  wow, you add liquor and these whackjobs just IMPLODE.   

And yet, the next morning, there are Brandi and Aubrey talking about Pauly D and Calum in terms of love and relationships???  Is it possible to actually die from having your self-respect drop so far below "zero"?

I only saw Father Of The Year once--I guess he was busy in his preferred service area, the bathroom.  When that woman sees the first episode, she's really going to regret signing the release to appear on camera.

• Love 5

I've seen Aubrey in other shows but don't remember her being this bad.

I remember seeing her on Marriage Boot Camp with one of her exes, Travis (who I have no idea if he was a celeb or not).  Not sure if that is the ex she is talking about.  There could have been someone in-between the 2 shows that she was also dating. These people do make the rounds.  It is their career to go on these type of shows! 

• Love 1
(edited)

They've been together a year. *sigh* So disappointed. Pauly D is one of my biggest celebrity crushes and she sucks so bad. He deserves better.

Edited by Silo

I only saw two episodes and the only reason I watched was because I know Aubrey from Danity kane. Wow, how disrespectful was she to Brandi in that session? She totally turned the story around to benefit from the discussion. I saw her on some other shows, but this is by far her worst presence. Also, that model dumping her date was really awful.

• Love 3

Is Pauly an asshole? I never saw Jersey Shore and never seen him in anything so I have no idea if I'm falling for an act or not. He seems super sweet, happy to live and not as dumb as he looks so I'm kind of surprised because of the Jersey Shore cast's reputation.

I was definitely surprised to find myself siding with Brandi. Pauly D was incredibly rude to the guy with the shoes in the first episode. IMO, that was far worse than even Willis asking to go back to the bathroom.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silo said:

Pauly is even-keeled and funny. It's not an act, or at least his personality here is consistent with all the seasons of Jersey Shore.

Thanks for your answer. Happy to see some people can be as normal as possible, still be in a reality show and entertaining. 

• Love 1

Is there a Josh?  He's clearly not getting his daily dose of the Famously Single Vitamin Crazy.

I'm so tired of people shrugging off their bad behavior by explaining that's not really who they are.  "I shouldn't be held accountable because it's beyond my control--I'm only like that when I drink, or I'm driving, or I'm pissed off, or hungry, or the day ends in y."

I'm 100% behind Aubrey & Pauly D.  Take each other off the market and make the rest of society a better place.

• Love 6

I know all of these people know what to expect from and deliver to the producers, so they're already being dicks, getting sloppy drunk, and finding enemies.

Aubrey O'Day though...dang. I'm not super familiar with Brandi Glanville, but to end up in a group where she seems like the reasonable, level headed one...just wow.

I have no idea who most of these people are. Pauly D., Aubrey and Brandi are the only names I'm familiar with.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, candall said:

Who's his dad?

Also handsome?  And a big jerk?

George Best, a fantastic soccer player.

Yes and yes to your other questions. :)

3 minutes ago, terminalpreppy said:

Yes Josh was on the bachelorette, Andi Dorfmans season, he "won". they dated for about a year, now its all over and she just released a tell all book about it. Apparently he was a real cad, calling her a whore and whatever else. But he seems "normal" on this show. Who knows.

Well, she seems to be an asshole so I take anything she says with an ocean's worth of salt.

• Love 2
(edited)

DJ Pauly always seemed like a happy go lucky guy on JS , not very deep and a little on the dumb side lol he seems like he'd get eaten alive by Aubrey. I gasped out loud when Willis the NFL player said he had 8 kids with 7 different women ... Holy Moly.  Ive got episodes on my DVR so gotta catch up - not sure I'll make it thru tho with these D-listers

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit

Dont be tall in your heels !! Ok mommy!(episode 1 ) 

^^ haven't figured out all the names but that chick is all dressed to the nines , jewels , fur coat then gets all messy when drunk - profanity , ready to throw down with Brandi hahahaha

Hilarious!! ????

• Love 2
(edited)

I really hate how Brandi keeps talking about "cute boys".  She has tween sons, and she sounds like a perverted old woman talking about the "boys" she likes, and the "boys" she's attracted to.  She's so far past the trophy wife stage and while she's stuck with the cougar moniker for now, she really doesn't have to make it sound like the underage males are her preference.  It's disgusting and illegal. 

I saw Aubrey years back on "Celebrity Apprentice" and she was just as delusional and self-centered about her looks and talent, which are both minimal.  Trump didn't keep her too long.  Under the word "artificial" in the dictionary is a photo of her.  I think she's an absolute joke. 

I think Josh is doing great, seeming to take it seriously and hasn't said or done a single thing that would make his family embarrassed.  That's mostly my criteria for Reality Show behavior, and it's level of appropriateness.  I liked Andi as Bachelorette, but I think she & Josh were just a disaster together.  She's said a lot of horrible things, but he's absolutely taken the high rode and has never stooped to her level of venom or tale-telling.  I still adore Josh Murray, no matter what she says he did.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)

Pauly gas always seemed like a nice guy to me to until the scene in the bar where he kept screaming about that guy's shoes.  Maybe he was told to make fun of the guy but I thought it was terrible.  He berated the guy from the minute he walked up to them. 

I've always liked him so it just kind of disappointed me. 

@guilfoyleatpp,  I agree. If Aubrey is really 32 then she's the same age as my daughter, my daughter looks like a teenager compared to Aubrey. That's what happens when these attractive women start messing with their faces when they're in their early 20s.  They all end up aging so much worse than if they'd just left their faces alone. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Please don't play a drinking game tied to every time the therapist says "lean in".  You'd be dead.  She didn't actually write that book, did she???

I didn't see Aubrey on Celebrity Apprentice but remember her from the Danity Kane days when she was so naturally cute and spunky.  Wow, didn't take long for her to change my opinion.  Yuck.  Sadly, she appears to be one of those people who is frankly probably not that smart but thinks she's intellectually superior to others.  Her high opinion of herself is completely baffling.  When she got irritated on the boat with Brandi's date because he didn't know who the hell she was (and rightly so), it was just plain embarrassing.

Pauly's a surprise.  I always thought he was a harmless dumb-dumb with his constant grin and inability to carry on a normal conversation.  When he was talking with the therapist, he dropped the smile, was a good listener and had some insightful things to say.  Love him and I'm sorry that he's lowered himself to being with Aubrey.  

I didn't watch Brandi on Real Housewives but I would read the forums about how God awful she was.  If I didn't know better, I'd think she was one of the more level-headed ones on this show.

Every time the therapist engages the participants in a conversation about "being a celebrity" I either roll my eyes or crack up.

What did Andi accuse Josh of?  Just curious if anyone can share. 

• Love 5

Josh supposedly called Andi a whore and that he didn't want her to work. My feeling on the matter is that they both likely said nasty things to each other.

Brandi does come off as reasonable. Who is this person?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, portfino said:

Josh supposedly called Andi a whore and that he didn't want her to work. My feeling on the matter is that they both likely said nasty things to each other.

Brandi does come off as reasonable. Who is this person?

I dunno…but I don't trust her.

• Love 2

Brandi was a Real Housewife.  That really says everything about her emotional depth, her self promotion and her need for attention.  She may occasionally sound logical, but it's for show.  

Aubrey is a waste of time.  She's 32 and acts about 17.  Her obsession with Pauly just demonstrates how emotionally stunted and immature she is.  She doesn't care about bettering herself, understanding herself or helping others do that.  She's a black hole of selfish, sucking others into her orbit, as she did with Somaya when she was supposed to be coaching Pauly.  The ultimate in selfish on all levels.  

Pauly does seem like a nice guy, but like Aubrey, he needs to grow up.  At 36, he can put that public DJ persona away for a bit, maybe dressing better and going by "Paul".  I dislike when grown men use the childish version of their names past their teen years.  

I though Josh came off well again.  Still nothing said or done that would humiliate his grandma!  

• Love 2

Every time I see the therapist I see that chick from Vanderpump Rules. I don't watch that show on a regular basis so I'm not sure,  but I think her name is Katie maybe. I think the therapist looks a lot like her. 

• Love 2

I thought it was funny when in response to the directive that the partners would help each other with clothing and grooming, Brandi immediately said something like "Wash off all our makeup, and hair in a ponytail", and all the guys agreed.  But of course none of them went with even light makeup and non-hooker looking clothing.  I guess you can take the skank out of the nightclub, but....

Why is it men say that prefer that, yet always gravitate to the woman wearing 6 inches of makeup and has her genitals on display?

• Love 5

So, I think this show was designed to help "celebrities" figure out their fucked up love lives and how to find happy, successful, healthy relationships.  Apparently I was wrong.  Clearly the actual point was to drink a lot, rush into hooking up with their fellow "celebrities" and getting ridiculously jealous because somebody they aren't even involved with is talking to somebody else.   Which is fine too I guess.

• Love 4
On 7/6/2016 at 9:54 PM, Maharincess said:

Every time I see the therapist I see that chick from Vanderpump Rules. I don't watch that show on a regular basis so I'm not sure,  but I think her name is Katie maybe. I think the therapist looks a lot like her. 

YES. I just was watching a bunch this morning- and I couldnt figure out who the therapist looked like. I havent watched Vanderpump Rules faithfully, but YES she looks like the one from that show. And excuse me, but I really have to question a "Therapist" who would do a show like this. Pure and sheer fluff. I mean it's fine if you are looking for name recognition but would you ever consider going to a therapist like this one? Please say no.

oops and I also only recognize Brandi, Aubrey and Paulie.

(edited)

Dr. Darcey actually has some pretty legit credentials, from Columbia and NYU, plus a solid following in the LGBT community.  She got into the entertainment side of therapy & social work, but she's not a pseudo-scientist without training.  She knows how to speak to and placate the flaming narcissists that populate Reality TV, so she's become the go-to guru, along with Dr. Oz and Dr. Jen.  Dr. Phil is SO last decade.  

At least there's the possibility of some therapeutic value to some of the folks being on the show, though I doubt it would be shown.  True personal breakthroughs aren't usually sexy and dramatic enough for TV reality shows.  The manufactured crap is always more entertaining than the real work.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

This is from her personal website:

Dr. Darcy received her Master’s Degree in Social Work from Columbia University in 1996, and her Ph.D. from New York University’s School of Social Work in 2006.

She is the first to admit that she’s not the therapist for everyone and it is her unique personality that has drawn the media to her for years.

“If you’re looking for endless validation and years in therapy, I’m probably not the right therapist for you. If, however, you’re willing to work as hard as I am to create your ideal life; if you’re up for a huge challenge and want to cover enormous ground, we’re likely a good fit.”

This is not the kind of doctor I would go to for relationship therapy or any kind of therapy for that matter. She's an actress. She can't be taken seriously and I doubt she does any real work that doesn't show off her self proclaimed wit and charm to the public. 

And btw what was that awkward thing with Aubrey where she made her stand up and sit on her lap?? At first I thought she was going over to sit next to her and hug her, which would have been sweet, but it just looked stupid for a grown woman to sit on a another grown woman's lap like a child. She's really trying hard to care and it looked so ridiculous and not at all authentic or believable.

• Love 3

I imagine that after putting in probably 10+ years of education and clinical work in the trenches, Dr. Darcy is enjoying being in a less demanding area of therapy.  I sure as hell would rather hang out in Hollywood with the pretty people, be on TV and pocket HUGE bucks in exchange.

She didn't go directly from the classroom to the soundstage, so I say good for her in being able to eventually leverage her education and training into what makes her happy.  Therapy doesn't always have to be 100% gut wrenching and years of constant pain and anguish to be effective.    

• Love 2

I started idly watching this today (reruns on E!) for no real reason, and it took me until the start of the second ep to recognize Aubrey. Damn. And I agree that Brandi is appearing...sensible. In some things. By contrast, maybe. 

I'm at the "If you lean into this" conversation with Aubrey. Her makeup: Does not budge. 

This cast would not like me because I don't recognize most of them. :)

On 8.7.2016 at 5:40 PM, Cabarb said:

So, I think this show was designed to help "celebrities" figure out their fucked up love lives and how to find happy, successful, healthy relationships.  Apparently I was wrong.  Clearly the actual point was to drink a lot, rush into hooking up with their fellow "celebrities" and getting ridiculously jealous because somebody they aren't even involved with is talking to somebody else.   Which is fine too I guess.

At least that´s why I watch.

It´s so weird to be watching Brandi and not hating her with every ounce of television-hatred I can gather. I really despise her in every way, yet somehow I don´t... I guess this is the version of her that I really liked on season 2 of RHoBH. It wasn´t until season 4 that I began to totally hate her.

Wow, that was a nasty comment by Brandi about Josh "Either he's gay or he's dead inside" when he didn't immediately jump on a 3rd date with Diana after the batting cage.  She's a shallow bitch.  She & Aubrey are quite a pair. 

Every damn person there is obsessed with looks, no matter what crap they spew.

Strange how much fun the guys had with the "blind" date, but the women seemed to hate it. But then, none of the guys can seem to do a single thing right, unless it's constantly kissing the women's asses.  They are the most arbitrarily judgmental group of women I've ever seen on a show.  That Greek chorus listening in on Brandi's conversation with Callum was ridiculous. 

• Love 3

Aubrey had two lines and I loathe her more than everyone else combined.

Even Brandi, who I think is just overreacts as a defense mechanism or gets catty because she knows that's good TV, like her remark about Josh. Aubrey is just selfish and arrogant. Also, Jessica for some reason never gets called out for her negative energy.

Willis was right. The guys try to have fun with it, and then the women just suck the joy out of the process.

Also, Willis's interview gave me an insight into a certain type of serial cheater. I was struck by his "disappointed" reaction to being cheated on. It strikes me that he doesn't understand why monogamy should  be important rather than anything malicious.

• Love 3

I wonder how the situation would have gone if Brandi had gone before Callum at the blind date reveal. It didn't seem like she really clicked with anyone on the blind dates, so I wonder if she would have said she'd just rather date Callum. Callum seems like a total playboy and is addicted to the shiny new girl all the time.

God, Josh is exhausting and so uptight. He's never going to find someone if he's looking for perfect. The girl he had the second date with was awesome - funny, seems smart and able to go with the flow. She deserves better.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is this show supposed to provide the participants with a new relationship, or the tools to find their own better, healthier relationships?

It's not a "let's match everybody up" show, but 2 of the contestants, Aubrey and Brandi are acting like it is.  Why should Josh go on a 3rd date with a girl when they are barely half-way through the show and the lessons/tutorials?  Nobody is picking on Willis for not having found a woman to settle down with, so why does Josh need to find THE ONE right now, on this show?  Because Aubrey and Brandi have both peed on Pauly and Callum to mark their "territory" and claim them?  Ridiculous.  

I guarantee that both of those women have a pattern of picking guys EXACTLY like Pauly & Callum.  Neither are there to learn a damn thing, just to preen and posture and pout their stupid duck lips.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

I have no slams for Dr. Darcy's appearance.  Do you think these stupid, self-obsessed, superficial, vapid "celebrities" would listen for five minutes to someone who looked like Dr. Ruth?  Well, how could anyone who looks like that ever understand MY situation?

People keep saying that Brandi is awful, but she seems to have all kinds of serious self-esteem issues making her a prickle pear, but she's the only one on this show who seems to have the first shred of inclination toward kindness.  I could see someone coming around for the blonde hair, the paparazzi and the sexy bits, having fun and sticking around long enough to break through the barriers and learn there was a real person in there to genuinely click with.

With Aubrey, I don't detect any soft chewy center--just mean hard candy coating.

• Love 3

I think these people are ridiculous generally, but entertaining enough, and I especially think they're ridiculous for pairing up with their housemates and moving really quickly, and I think they should still be doing the exercises and getting the benefit  (or "benefit") of the experience regardless of whether they've paired off with a house mate.

That said, when Brandi was hurt by Calum's actions and backed off from him? I was like, whoa, Brandi Glanville appears to have some sort of actual standards when it comes to dating? I was not expecting that at all. Not saying she got the situation right, I was doing chores and not paying full attention, and I think they're both dysfunctional, but I did not think this girl had any boundaries, limitations, ability to see red flags and react. Seriously, if they do nothing else this was a revelation.

How does Brandi show kindness when she said that either Josh was gay, or dead inside when he wanted to wait to see Diana again?  

Brandi is almost 45 years old and has 2 sons of her own.  How would she feel if  a woman said that about one of her sons?  Her desperation is palpable and that half-hearted "I'm nobody's second choice" lasts as long as it takes for her to realize that Callum doesn't need to take her crap.  

And yep, Aubrey is just a stone-cold bitch.  

• Love 2

Jessica is the snobbiest, most terrible bitch I've ever seen. I don't know if she's putting on a front for the show but I haven't seen a single episode where she hasn't said something bitchy. I can't believe she said "where I come from construction worker means drug dealer." How offensive! What the hell??

• Love 1

I loved what the therapist said to Callum during their session about anger and the effect on the brain, and the 1 to 10 scale. I need to rewatch that clip every now and then. 

• Love 1

Aubrey is desperate like a 16 year old. It's actually painful to watch. Cringe worthy. Actually, the way she acts might be how I acted when I was about 14. Yikes.

Calum (Colom? Colum?) is a super cutie, but the asshole he turns into when he's drinking is a complete deal breaker. That behavior really is indicative of a drinking problem. Brandi needs to steer clear. 

Somaya is just so angry, but her being sweet with Jessica was sweet.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm beginning to understand why Eddie Cibrian cheated on Brandi with Lee Ann Rhimes.  She is one of the most screwed-up women I've ever seen on even bad reality shows.  So, she takes off her lace blouse, leaves on her bra & blue jeans, then partially wraps a silk kimono around her shoulders, and crawls under a duvet and cries?  WTF?   She must have no clue how mentally unbalanced she is coming off.  

And Aubrey seems to have some type of Tourette's Syndrome, because her repeated "Are you in love with me" thing with Pauly was both pitiful and a bit creepy. 

Josh is the only person there acting like an normal human.  But Brandi keeps taking shots at him, like saying a thing she likes about Callum is he doesn't think he's perfect, unlike Josh.  I haven't seen Josh exhibit behavior that reflects him thinking he's perfect.  Why does Brandi seem to hate Josh so much?  Maybe because he isn't kissing her ass every minute and sees her for the pathetic, aging hag she really is?

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm beginning to understand why Eddie Cibrian cheated on Brandi with Lee Ann Rhimes.  She is one of the most screwed-up women I've ever seen on even bad reality shows.  So, she takes off her lace blouse, leaves on her bra & blue jeans, then partially wraps a silk kimono around her shoulders, and crawls under a duvet and cries?  WTF?   She must have no clue how mentally unbalanced she is coming off.  

And Aubrey seems to have some type of Tourette's Syndrome, because her repeated "Are you in love with me" thing with Pauly was both pitiful and a bit creepy. 

Josh is the only person there acting like an normal human.  But Brandi keeps taking shots at him, like saying a thing she likes about Callum is he doesn't think he's perfect, unlike Josh.  I haven't seen Josh exhibit behavior that reflects him thinking he's perfect.  Why does Brandi seem to hate Josh so much?  Maybe because he isn't kissing her ass every minute and sees her for the pathetic, aging hag she really is?

Agreed. Brandi can't stand Josh because she can't have him. If Josh wanted her, he could have her. Guaranteed.

I see Brandi as somebody who can be easily abused and taken advantage of, so I feel sorry for her. When Calum starts getting loud she cowers and then makes excuses for him. She even said she understands him or they understand each other. It is very clear that he is an abuser and he wants her because she's the only one who will let him do it. As someone who's been with a man like him, he actually makes me very uneasy and he is very familiar to me. It just makes me so sick to see her submit to him, look down and whisper her responses like she's a helpless victim. Makes me think, damn that's what I looked like. It makes me so sick. 

What's the age difference between those two anyway? He looks much younger than her. 

• Love 4

Brandi is 45 and Callum is 10 years younger.  And yep, he's definitely got an abuser vibe with a lot of anger issues and an obvious hair-trigger temper.  But Brandi is looking at this as a dating show, not a show to teach them who and how to date.  I think she just decided it was a sexual hookup and not a time & place to learn anything.  She wants him, so she should have him.  

Now I'm feeling sorry for her, because I think she actually has a low IQ.  

• Love 2