Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Where's The Love?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how Taylor's outfit during dinner was one breeze away from a wardrobe malfunction.

I actually feel kind of bad for Maneka. It's obvious she was raised to be the perfect little obedient wife, yet grew up in a country where women are allowed to have their own opinions. She would probably alienate her entire family if she tried to break free. It's pretty heavily implied that there was a lot of shaming when she sort of did that with her other marriage. It feels like a reason she married Mayur is because of family pressure and she thought he was more Americanized yet suitably Indian, and is only now figuring out that's not the case.

Even when I was in my early 20s and less aware of finances I wouldn't have when CONSIDERED buying 800 dollar shoes...I had SOME sense! And here I thought the 60 dollar candle and 80 dollar cups at the Jewish store were bad.

• Love 2

I'd feel sorry for maneka if she didn't grow up here, hadn't been married before and .wasn't in her thirties. She knew what she was getting into.  Shit, she had to talk herself into getting into it.  Those two are so boring. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I'd feel sorry for maneka if she didn't grow up here, hadn't been married before and .wasn't in her thirties. She knew what she was getting into.  Shit, she had to talk herself into getting into it.  Those two are so boring. 

Every since I read her claiming she was an actress that did it for me. Plus the fact that she kept harping on the "love marriage" BS. Those 2 are as fake as can be and IMO trying to push their business here since that is what they seem to discuss A LOT. They made sure to name drop what the company was on the show and during interviews. I just find her one of the most fake piece of garage on reality tv with her act and then claiming to run a business and being in real estate in an area that sells multi million dollar homes. Sorry but you could never last doing either of those things around here being sky and pathetic like she keeps trying to "act". 

• Love 1
On 6/30/2016 at 0:21 AM, Evil Queen said:

The pregnant thing is because of how their religion is. They want them to basically start having kids right off but if they delay it they are suppose to get permission to do so from the Rabbi. From how it played out it was the way I read, the man goes to the Rabbi to discuss waiting to start and family. Rabbi will ask for reasons on why and if he deems it good enough he may be ok with them waiting on a family. Which obviously in this case it is something they should wait on. 

As for why Mayur is on tv....well considering how much he brings up his work and the name it became obvious early on it was to try to push that and his name out there. In the end though I can't see how the way he acts would make anyone want to use his franchise to help buy or sell a house. He comes off as he will scam and cheat you out of money so he gets more than he should. BTW, considering the location, I will bet anything you will find plenty of Indian girls hitting up clubs in Hollywood like everyone else. I will bet he hit up plenty of clubs as well over the years with how he comes off. eeewww

Yeah, I completely get the religious aspects of Vicki's behavior, it's just super weird to see anyone who's fighting to buy a candle say just a few minutes later that they want to pop out a kid ASAP.

And completely agree, Mayur gives me strong con artist vibes. I don't think he'd do anything illegal, but he'd definitely cheat you if you did business with him. And yes about the club thing to. That's why he doesn't want Maneka going out alone because guys just like him are gonna be out there.

• Love 2