Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Day of the Beast / S02.E02 Caraquet

28 minutes ago, redfish said:

Oh god, so the show just the mothercell has mutated as well into another show.

I also see shades of Under the Dome and Wayward Pines, so they've been copying other bad shows as well.

• Love 1

Well, at long last, Zoo has returned!

I swear, I think I find myself more entertained at watching these actors and thinking about how they must really feel, when they are doing this show. You've got James Wolk, who really seems like he's trying not to burst out laughing half of the time.  Poor Nonso Anozie, who seems to know this is crap too, but he's still trying because someone needs to.  Nora Arnezeder just seems to have given up (understandable) and is just in completely, 100% bug-eyed and heavy French accent mode.  Kristen Connelly is just.... lost, I think.  And then good old Billy Burke!  He truly knows he's just here for the paycheck!  It still feels like half of his stuff might even be him ad-libbing and breaking character.  Like this temper tantrum, over them leaving Jamie in Canada.  It really almost felt like he just decided to do that for one take on his own, and Nonso went along with it.  Everyone here deserves better, for the most part.

All that said, besides the opening act and the final encounter (rampaging elephant!), I was kind of bored with a lot of it.  I really don't like them kind of fading the animals out, and focusing on this "Phase 2" human.  I can get plenty of humanoid creatures elsewhere on TV (Wayward Pines, etc.)  I want to see horribly inserted by CGI animals, attacking moronic humans, dammit!

So, we got two new regulars, with this Lincoln guy Jaime met, and solider lady.  Both already loose points: solider lady for not seeing the big picture and probably setting the team back (then again, can you really trust these yahoos with that much responsibility?  Maybe she made the right call...), and Lincoln because he's likely going to start crushing on Jamie.  Boo!

Jackson might have been infected by that dog bite now, and he and Chloe think he might be turning.  Like idiots, they are keeping this from everyone else.  Hopefully, when this is all discovered, it will lead to Mitch and Abe making up and re-bonding over how lame Jackson and Chloe are.

Show gives Team Zoo their own personal plane, to explain away all the magical traveling they will no doubt keep doing.  Nice to see they have their priorities in order!

Welcome back, you dumb, stupid, goofy, silly, seriously, dumb show!

• Love 3

Aww, due to a dead-line I could only watch the first 20 minutes or so - but even that was gloriously dumb. I did some catching up here because I might miss an episode or two of the show but I won't miss out on the snark, thanks all!

"I think that the mutation is still mutating." LOL

Also: Jackson is no longer 0 pos - universal donor. So what exactly is his new blood-type? Tiger-eww? If he needs a blood transfusion what will it be? Racoon? Please let it be racoon because he's slowly turning into super-hero by animal bite! I think James Wolk would make a perfect Racoon-man! (I don't care that that was a dog bite - why should I care for logic in this show?)

For a brief moment I thought Jamie was holding a dynamite stick, all ready to go Wile E. Coyote on those critters - alas, it was just a flare.

Everybody on this show including the CGI animals (hi, killer zebra!) deserves so much better. At least we have the snark.

• Love 1

I don't know which show is dumber, this one or Wayward Pines. Or, I may just be the dumbest of all since I'm watching (hate-watching, actually) both shows each week. At least I'm still getting other stuff accomplished while I'm watching so it's not a total waste of my time.

• Love 1

Oh how I love this show (i just couldn't with wayward pines or under the dumb) this I adore! 

It is official - in our house the oft-used expression "a tiger? In Africa?" (any Monty python fans here?) has been replaced by "an elephant?  In patagonia?"

I really wanted to see the team take a boat, because it's safer, and be attacked by narwhals or really defiantly pupilled flying fish. Maybe next week.

• Love 2

GAH! The stupidity! It has mutated into a stupidity not seen before in nature.

Jamie - For running away from the only place a rescue crew would know to look for you, and bonus stupidity points for running INTO a forest full of people eating beasts.

Mitch - for staging a sit in because rescuers would not look for Jamie. Bonus points for his really dumb insults.

Jackson - For not telling anyone about what really happened on the street and Chloe for keeping his secret

Ranger team, for not only letting the mutant kill all of you, but for letting the ZooCroo upstage you and catch the beast

Abe and remaining Ranger - for burying the radios - who does that??? Did they also bury their guns, ammo, other items that might prove useful?

The Show. For Everything else.  

• Love 4

Our Agents of Idiots have a plane now.  Well ok.  

The Jackson plot at least has some entertainment value.   I actually would like to see him act all aggressive and animalistic as the show goes on.  As for Chloe I honestly don't know if I want her to be infected as well.  It might be interesting but honestly it is more fun with her being all worried and being a lying liar who lies.  Know your strengths people. 

I know I am in the minority but I like Jamie.  I thought she was almost clever some of the things she did.  Yeah leaving an open bottle of H20 on the ground is dumb but forgivably so.  The rest of it was kinda interesting.  I am enjoying her truck along the wasteland.  It will interesting to watch.  

It's a basically the Zoo version of Agents of SHIELD's 'The Bus' complete with rear vehicle ramp.

I immediately thought of the plane from 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'.

I thought that the insects that were attacking were yellow jackets, but I think Chloe called them hornets.  I'm not sure why she wasn't stung multiple times, though.  I did laugh when the group first ran into the swarm--Chloe had her mouth wide open.  In real life, she would have gotten a mouthful of bugs.

As for Jamie, I did wonder why she bothered to board up the house and then flee.  And what was that animal she left?  It looked kind of like a lemur to me.  Is whatever it was an animal native to Canada?  Speaking of Canada, is 911 for emergencies used there?  It looked like there was a 911 painted on the side of the car.  When she stepped on the nail, it looked like she stepped on it near her heel.  However, when she took off her shoe and sock her toe was injured.  Was that frostbite (which would make her feet numb and is why she wouldn't have felt that nail)?  If so, she's going to definitely lose that toe (but I'm sure here she'll recover fast with no aftereffects).  Finally, I think it was funny that there were wild animals all over the place until she ventured into the woods, then they all vanished (apparently, they were all off chasing the flare that she threw to distract them---yes, wild animals will always choose to chase fire instead of the good-smelling human prey).

• Love 2
(edited)

Brilliant, brilliant stuff! Oh Show, you made all my wishes come true. I was worried they would try to elevate it and instead they have realised the best option is to Sharknado the shit out of it. I laughed through most of it; the actors are hamming it up so much (except Jamie - I think she might be... trying?), I swear the lack of continuity is deliberate, the dreadful CGI animals, the leopard when it was on the table looking as realistic as a stuffed toy. All terrific stuff - TV shows take note, you gotta double down to make a deliciously awful best bad show. When Manimal appeared it was like Christmas came early, please don't try to come up with a good explanation for this new mutation Show. I love that Mitch - the vet - had to ask Oz what the dog bite was on his arm. I love that elephants are going around biting people. I love that the inside of that plane is the size of the Titanic. I love that Billy Burke gives zero fucks and seems to be revelling in the ridiculousness of it all. I love that the writers aren't afraid to use well worn TV tropes - the guy talking about his baby then promptly dying was a particularly nice touch. I wish so much I was in the same time zone so I could live chat with you all during this televisual event of the year.

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2016 at 5:51 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Jackson might have been infected by that dog bite now, and he and Chloe think he might be turning.  Like idiots, they are keeping this from everyone else.

It'll be difficult to keep the secret when he starts licking his own balls and baying at the moon.

• Love 3

In addition to everything else, it boggled my mind that Jamie did not take the officer's gun and any other defensive weapon he may have had.  The prologue tells us that she is an investigative reporter, but her stupidity is overwhelming.

• Love 2

I just got around to watching the opener and, to be honest, I relish the opportunity to drop into this forum for the snarknado that this show obviously deserves, so here's to you, show.  Make my summer. 

One note on the escape.  Assuming air Gigantarandous has a takeoff speed of at least 150 knots, would someone please explain how both the car and the elephant would be able to keep pace up till the liftoff?  And why the driver downshifted to go faster?

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

...One note on the escape.  Assuming air Gigantarandous has a takeoff speed of at least 150 knots, would someone please explain how both the car and the elephant would be able to keep pace up till the liftoff?...

Maybe both were turbocharged? (There's a pun in there.)

• Love 1

Man, so I caught the first five minutes of one of the more recent season 2 episodes on TV and then I decided that I'd watch the entire thing. Yep, this is definitely a summer show. This show is so dumb but so entertaining. I got through season 1 somehow in about a day.

So, Jackson's turning into an animal. Cool, I guess? I get why he's keeping it a secret (why would Zoombie want to get cured, especially if the mutation is changing him as well?). But Chloe? Girl, you know lying isn't right. Just because Jackson's excited about keeping the secret, it doesn't mean you should be! Of course, if they had told right away, this show might have been over already. I can't wait, though, for Jackson to go all Animal Whisperer when the team's in the most danger. 

I have zero cares about Jamie. She could die next episode and I'd be as happy as a clam. I like all the other characters to some extent, but Jamie is a walking disaster waiting to happen every time she's set on a task. I wish she could stay lost in New Brunswick forever, maybe get eaten by a buffalo. I know she won't, because Mitch needs his Twue Wuv or whatever. Speaking of Mitch, he totally was throwing a temper tantrum in the first 25 minutes, it was hilarious. I think Billy Burke has given up on trying to act well and has decided to just go all in on the ridiculousness. At least he looks like he's having fun sometimes? 

Honestly, the animal stampede at the beginning made me laugh really, really hard. The bees as well as the thundering elephant running at the team. Also, I'm not surprised they were given a plane with everything they need. How else are they going to be able to get around the world and do their jobs? It's still ridiculous. 

As for the new characters? Military Chick is intense; she seems to  have caught on to the ridiculousness of the show already. Jamie's new love interest hasn't yet. 

I'm still impressed by the excellent cell phone reception wherever they are. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Man, so I caught the first five minutes of one of the more recent season 2 episodes on TV and then I decided that I'd watch the entire thing. Yep, this is definitely a summer show. This show is so dumb but so entertaining. I got through season 1 somehow in about a day.

Hee, infected by the stupid. Check for a defiant pupil in the bathroom mirror and welcome!