Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 21: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

At least it looks like he has a few WOC that made it past night 1. Is the tall girl next to him the LA model Whitney? She has a striking resemblance to Nina Dobrev in some of those pictures Reality Steve posted.

One of the contestants is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, Jasmine who was a Golden State Warrior Girl last season.

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

One of the contestants is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, Jasmine who was a Golden State Warrior Girl last season.

And don't forget a NY Jets cheerleader before that! I've actually never watched this show but I plan to (and hang around here a bit more) for Jasmine. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

And don't forget a NY Jets cheerleader before that! I've actually never watched this show but I plan to (and hang around here a bit more) for Jasmine. 

Yes! I always forget about the Flight Girl years lol

So a coworker and I are up to going to any public group date here in New Orleans.  I know, that sounds pretty pathetic but we've been snarking on the show for a long time and think it would be fun to go to a taping of a "date".    So fingers crossed that there is actually one to go to as I do draw the line at stalking them on the streets of NOLA!

• Love 1

So apparently one of Nick's contestants is Elizabeth Sandoz, who was Jade's maid of honor at her wedding. Nick slept with her the night of the wedding and then never spoke to her again (until she stepped out of the limo on night 1). Classic Nick. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dom16 said:

So apparently one of Nick's contestants is Elizabeth Sandoz, who was Jade's maid of honor at her wedding. Nick slept with her the night of the wedding and then never spoke to her again (until she stepped out of the limo on night 1). Classic Nick. 

I just read that and laughed my head off as that is such a d-bag move--go to a friend's wedding, hook up with a bridesmaid and then never call her again. 

But I'm with RS, why would Elizabeth agree to go on the show?!?   The fact that she doesn't last past episode 2 means that Nick wasn't amused that she was there.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I just read that and laughed my head off as that is such a d-bag move--go to a friend's wedding, hook up with a bridesmaid and then never call her again. 

I wonder how that's going to be edited. Whether TPTB will expose him for the d-bag he is, or try to maintain the illusion that he's "looking for love".

29 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I wonder how that's going to be edited. Whether TPTB will expose him for the d-bag he is, or try to maintain the illusion that he's "looking for love".

I'm going with "he's here to find the love of his life" and they'll never mention the fact that he slept with Elizabeth.

And I guess for her, she gets to be on TV more than a nanosecond and is now part of the franchise family and has a ticket to Paradise if she wants it next summer.  

Yeah, I think they'll avoid mentioning the fact that they had sex. They'll probably edit it to seem like they barely met and she's just a crazy clinger or something. Nick's reaction when she gets out of the limo is going to be gold, though. 

Edited by dom16
  • Love 1

I'm not really surprised that TPTB chose to include someone from his past even though he specifically asked them not to do that. I like that he cut her very quickly since he has no interest in her. How awkward. I can't really come up with a reason for her to do it knowing that he clearly wasn't interested. AWKWARD.

• Love 1

Could Rachel, the girl that Nick was on a one on one date with yesterday, be Fleiss/ABC's choice for a non-white Bachelorette????   

She's ticks all the boxes:  pretty, smart (lawyer), looks like Nick is in to her so could last till final 3/4, etc.    We just don't know if her personality will click with America but then the last lawyer they choose didn't have that great of a personality so they might not care.  

I'm hoping she is indeed in the running as not only is she not a mactor, she is 31 and its time to have an older girl as the Bachelorette.    

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Could Rachel, the girl that Nick was on a one on one date with yesterday, be Fleiss/ABC's choice for a non-white Bachelorette????   

She's ticks all the boxes:  pretty, smart (lawyer), looks like Nick is in to her so could last till final 3/4, etc.    We just don't know if her personality will click with America but then the last lawyer they choose didn't have that great of a personality so they might not care.  

I'm hoping she is indeed in the running as not only is she not a mactor, she is 31 and its time to have an older girl as the Bachelorette.    

Don't I wish! I didn't want Ben because he was so young and I knew that was going to mean a bunch of even younger than usual girls that we would be stuck with both for BIP and leftovers for the next Bachelor. I could really use a break from the up-speaking, giggling girls who say, "like" every other word. I would also really like it if Show would stop trolling Chive girls for contestants.

• Love 3

I like that some seem to just assume that Jade's friend wasn't just as interested in a hookup as well and instead it must mean Nick was simply a douchebag. And before the inevitable "he shamed Andi" comments come, Nick was always clear that he's never had issues with casual sex as long as everyone is on the same page. The whole thing sounds like the typical wedding hookup that happens often. Not to mention that Jade and Tanner are still pretty friendly with Nick and there's no way her friend didn't tell her about her hookup with Nick.

But yes, the producers would bring her on for the drama of it all, especially because Nick asked that they not have anyone he's dated before on or past contestants, which I actually think was reasonable and smart of him. But yes, kudos to him for not playing their game and eliminating her after night one.

It is nice to see that there will be many women of color in his season that last past the first night. Jubilee did say that Nick legitimately was someone who had no issues dating women of another race and so she was excited for his season and see more than one woman of color make it past the first two weeks. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

I don't think the contestant was quoted directly, so it's fair to speculate on all sides around their casual sex.  And yes, on Andi's season, Nick was fairly explicit in questioning why Andi had sex with him if she wasn't in love with him. Whatever he said after the fact doesn't negate what he said to Andi on the show.  

1 hour ago, mingming said:

Don't I wish! I didn't want Ben because he was so young and I knew that was going to mean a bunch of even younger than usual girls that we would be stuck with both for BIP and leftovers for the next Bachelor. I could really use a break from the up-speaking, giggling girls who say, "like" every other word. I would also really like it if Show would stop trolling Chive girls for contestants.

Yeah enough of the Chive girls but they are an easy casting choice as they are use to being around cameras and will def stay on the script that Fleiss hands them for more TV time.    So I'm expecting to see Danielle Lo around to the bitter end.   She better bring the drama!  

Edited by CindyBee

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think she'll at least bring outside drama in the form of tabloid stories. Some of her "co-workers" would probably sell their mothers for $100 so I expect they will be happy to talk to the tabloids for a couple thousand.

Edited by mingming
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I hope so. She's gorgeous. And she got the first impression rose (the first black woman to ever do so) and had a 1-on-1 in New Orleans so she's likely going to make the F4. 

• Love 4

Take it you read his little article, where according to him, he wasn't saying Nick gave a black woman the FIR because it would make him look good in people's eyes and be politically correct, even if of course that's EXACTLY what he was saying. Yeah I hear he's getting dragged on twitter and his site for it. Because a black woman gets a FIR for the first time in the franchise history and OF COURSE there has to some cynical, manipulative reason behind it.

And from my understanding he tried to couch it behind some "sources" that have told him so many awful things about Nick, too awful for him to even mention. In other words, he's not saying it's impossible for a black woman to get the FIR and he has no issues with it, it's just because he Steve knows the real Nick and of course the only reason Nick would give this woman the rose is for image purposes. Nice... 

• Love 7

I'm guessing those stories Steve has heard are along the lines of Nick blocking someone who was calling him names on Twitter, which is what they all do. Far be it from him to exaggerate but...

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, MsPH said:

Steve is such a racist pig. I don't know how on earth he has fans.

Rachel seems like a total catch and if Nick doesn't pick her, I hope she'll be the Bachelorette.

Yeah, all Steve needed to say was this great girl got the FIR but noooo, he had to make it all about Nick having some eville plan behind her getting it.  Not cause she's beautiful, successful, from Wisconsin like him so they have that in common, not a Chive girl, etc.   I'm glad people are calling him out for his racist rant.

I've been a "wrong reason" watcher for a long time but for Rachel, I'm willing to be a "right reason" and have my fingers crossed that if she's not the final 1, then she's the next Bachelorette. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Yeah, all Steve needed to say was this great girl got the FIR but noooo, he had to make it all about Nick having some eville plan behind her getting it.  Not cause she's beautiful, successful, from Wisconsin like him so they have that in common, not a Chive girl, etc.   I'm glad people are calling him out for his racist rant.

I've been a "wrong reason" watcher for a long time but for Rachel, I'm willing to be a "right reason" and have my fingers crossed that if she's not the final 1, then she's the next Bachelorette. 

What is a Chive girl?

Great so if Rachel lasts awhile are we going to hear all season from Steve and the other trolls that she's an Affirmative Action Bachelorette? God help us all. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MsPH said:

Steve is such a racist pig. I don't know how on earth he has fans.

Rachel seems like a total catch and if Nick doesn't pick her, I hope she'll be the Bachelorette.

Rachel looks like Nick's type exactly. I don't get why Steve assumes skin color means she isn't "the one."

• Love 1

RS is a racist. Apparently according to others who have went back to read his other blog posts, he is racist toward Black women contestant period. Calling Marshena (sp?) from Matt's season the affirmative action bachelorette, saying no way he could be into her, that she should be on flavor of love instead. Made fun of her looks. Also claim on Sean season that all the WOC on that season was a ploy, that Sean would never date and be interested in a WOC. Seems like he just projected all his racist thoughts onto these White Bachelor. 

I'm rooting for Rachel, if she's not F1 than as a lead Bachelorette. I don't know if she wanted to do that though apparantely she works at a prestigious law firm in Texas

Edited by gator12
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, huahaha said:

Rachel looks like Nick's type exactly. I don't get why Steve assumes skin color means she isn't "the one."

Because he has the need to project his own racist preferences onto all other men. Nevermind mind that everyone who actually knows Nick, including his closest friend since childhood, have said that he has no racial preferences and has actually dated WOC before. Steve will ignore all that just to try and make Nick look bad, since god forbid someone watches his season and ends up thinking he's actually a decent enough guy. Best undermine anything he does that might impress someone well in advance.

I've heard Nick describe the type of woman he's looking for enough times to know Rachel ticks pretty much every box (at least on paper and based on those videos from their date). She's also the closest to his age out of all the women in the running we know of so far. If I had to rank the women based on their wife potential on paper, she'd be at the very top, so no, it doesn't surprise me in the least that Nick would give her the FIR. Just because Steve, the pervert, would give his to some 23-year-old blonde waitress doesn't mean every other guy would.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Exibit A: Jade. Basically girls with low enough self esteem to post half naked selfies on the website Chive.

Be fair. Jade was an actual Playboy model. We saw the video of her shoot on Chris's season.

11 hours ago, huahaha said:

Be fair. Jade was an actual Playboy model. We saw the video of her shoot on Chris's season.

I wouldn't say an actual Playboy model, since her pics were never printed in the magazine, they were just on some Playboy amateurs website. I doubt she even got paid for the shoot.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MsPH said:

I wouldn't say an actual Playboy model, since her pics were never printed in the magazine, they were just on some Playboy amateurs website. I doubt she even got paid for the shoot.

That gives me an even lower opinion of Playboy. If you're going to post videos of women exposing their inner labia, they at least deserve a photo spread in the magazine!

• Love 3
On October 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Take it you read his little article, where according to him, he wasn't saying Nick gave a black woman the FIR because it would make him look good in people's eyes and be politically correct, even if of course that's EXACTLY what he was saying. Yeah I hear he's getting dragged on twitter and his site for it. Because a black woman gets a FIR for the first time in the franchise history and OF COURSE there has to some cynical, manipulative reason behind it.

And from my understanding he tried to couch it behind some "sources" that have told him so many awful things about Nick, too awful for him to even mention. In other words, he's not saying it's impossible for a black woman to get the FIR and he has no issues with it, it's just because he Steve knows the real Nick and of course the only reason Nick would give this woman the rose is for image purposes. Nice... 

Frankly, this whole business is tiresome.  Forcing affirmative action on people's choice of partner is PC gone amok, and it's fucking patronizing.  If Nick does not prefer black women, they shouldn't be chosen for him.  It is NOT racist to have a romantic preference.  

I have no knowledge of Nicks preferences,  BTW.   People should be able to pick a mate with out the fucking race card pulled because they are attracted to people of their own race.    

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Frankly, this whole business is tiresome.  Forcing affirmative action on people's choice of partner is PC gone amok, and it's fucking patronizing.  If Nick does not prefer black women, they shouldn't be chosen for him.  It is NOT racist to have a romantic preference.  

I have no knowledge of Nicks preferences,  BTW.   People should be able to pick a mate with out the fucking race card pulled because they are attracted to people of their own race.    

Fair point, which is why Reality Steve is getting dragged because he is the one making it essentially a race thing. Because he could have simply reported on who got the FIR, give some background on her as he's done for all the other tidbits he's shared so far. But this time, before announcing who got Nick's FIR, he felt the need to give a whole story about Nick being all about Nick, he knows how to play the game, he's heard so many awful things about Nick that it's even left him Steve shocked and scandalized (by the way, he states none of these so awful things that he's gotten from 100% legit sources), that Nick cares very, very deeply what people think about him. All that to say that Rachel got the FIR - why? 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole because it's OT, but I disagree. Race is not a real thing, and its definitions change constantly. Anyone who's ruling out a mate based on "race" is racist. Be attracted to whomever you want, but if you choose not to consider certain people because of a made up construct, that isn't a neutral decision.

For anyone who wants to read more (I'll leave my remarks at this):

“Sexual racism… is closely associated with generic racist attitudes, which challenges the idea of racial attraction as solely a matter of personal preference.” Is Sexual Racism Really Racism? Distinguishing Attitudes Toward Sexual Racism and Generic Racism Among Gay and Bisexual Men

Edited by huahaha
  • Love 2

Does anyone think Nick might not pick anyone? Or that he will but not with an engagement? If so, do you think the fans of the show would be mad about it? I've not watched every season so I don't know what the fallout is if they don't propose at the end.

Edited by mingming

I think it depends.  I assume he's well-liked enough (by fans and producers) to be the Bachelor, but historically, the leads are commonly perceived in a negative light by the end of their seasons. So depending on the edit he gets and how he handles himself on camera, who knows how it will end up.  Time will tell.  What I'm most curious about is if he'll sleep with anyone who is NOT his F1. If so...dude's gonna have some 'splaining to do!

No clue if Nick will be allowed to walk away not engaged as the last time that happened with Juan Pablo, TPTB were really not happy.   They seem to really want that Neal Lane ring bling at the end of all this.    Can't see him at all being allowed to pull a Brad1.0 and pick no one.  

So if he doesn't find the one ala Sean, I can see him being like farmer Chris and getting engaged to his best option and then quietly ending it in the real world.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

Women can also be interested in a hook up with no call after. She must not view him as a douche if she was willing to go on national TV for him. Maybe she saw it as an opportunity to get cast. Either way, I don't necessarily see him as a douche for never calling her again. It all depends on how it was presented between the two of them at the time, and that is something we are likely to never know.

ETA: I can see Nick refusing to propose. He's always been big on telling the truth and being honest. If he doesn't really want to marry her, I would not be surprised if he doesn't propose to his final pick. I can only see him doing it if they have an arrangement that she is aware of.

Edited by valen
  • Love 4

Women can also be interested in a hook up with no call after. She must not view him as a douche if she was willing to go on national TV for him. Maybe she saw it as an opportunity to get cast. Either way, I don't necessarily see him as a douche for never calling her again. It all depends on how it was presented between the two of them at the time, and that is something we are likely to never know.

The impression I got is that neither was aware of the other being there. In other words, I think like everyone, including Luke himself, the woman might have been cast expecting Luke to be the Bachelor and then likely only found out it was Nick after she'd already been cast. I guess she could have pulled out but yeah, most of these people are there for their camera time so that wouldn't happen.

Also, per the US Weekly article or gossip I read elsewhere (it's all starting to blur together), neither acknowledged the previous hookup during the show and then she was booted quickly. To me, if she had been really hurt or upset by Nick's action, she would have acknowledged it, which the show would have gladly encouraged for the drama factor. And it would have gotten her significant face time. The fact that neither did makes me think this was like the situation with Arie and that female producer/handler during Emily's season. 

• Love 2

I think it was just two people who had some booze in them and wanted to get laid at a wedding.

I'm just surprised the show isn't going to exploit this on air. Either make her look like a crazy stalker for coming after a guy who didn't call her back , or him like an ass for tapping that and not calling her.

I guess Nick screwed all that up by getting rid of her pretty early on. Finally, a smart bachelor!

• Love 3

Group date picture on a boat from Saint Thomas, USVI has popped up on Instagram.   I personally can only make out Danielle Lo (ugh) and Rachel (yay) but there are a couple of others vying for Nick's attention on this particular date.     Not sure how many girls are still in the running.    7? 8?  

Edited by CindyBee

The Final 6 are filming right now in the Bahamas, although it hasn't been revealed which girls made it. What happened to the show's budget? They used to go to exotic countries every week, and now they're repeating locations in back to back seasons?

I'll be shocked if import model Danielle, model Whitney and FIR winner Rachel aren't part of the top 6. The first two seem like locks for the Fantasy Suite, and Rachel seems like an legitimately good match for him, regardless of whatever racist innuendo RS wants to throw out there. 

Edited by dom16
  • Love 1

Edited that I must have missed the updated info that they are indeed in the Bahamas.  sorry about that dom16.    Still think its funny that Vinny wanted to check out the girls for BiP4.0.   

People on bachelorfans site are tracking social media and it looks like Danielle Lo MIGHT be home but who knows as I agree with RS, social media can tell the tale but sometimes it can't.     Hoping that Rachel made it to final 6; don't know or care about the rest of them to have an opinion on anyone else except her.

Edited by CindyBee